[FM11] They'll be dancing in the streets of TNS tonight

ImHungry

TNS (The New Saints)

Basically the best team in Wales, but this isn’t about the short term this is a long term project to challenge the super powers of Europe.

This wont be a blow by blow account of my game or a story based post, mearly an extended review of the season!

Screenshots wont be uploaded unless requested (in which case someone will have to tell me how to upload them ;-) )

Start of game Info

League Rep: 35

Club Rep: 2100 (12 league teams with me being the highest rep and bala being the lowest at 1200)

European Quals: 1 champions league premlims and 3 Europa league prelims.

Season 1 – 2010/11

Board expects win everything!

Players in: 10 (3loans) £10K

Players out: 12

Noteable Players: Giffton Noel-Williams

Nicky Featherstone

Chris Anderson

P 32 W 21 D 5 L 6 GF 62 GA 34 PTS 68

10 points clear of second place never looked like losing it at any point. 'Nuff said!

League cup: Very poor lost in 1st round but whereas I wasn't bothered the board whined about it all season long!

Welsh FA Cup: Won it 2-0 beating Prestatyn. 15:3 in goals scored/conceded.

Champions League Qual 2: Only good point to this is the £300,000 you get for participating!! Hapoel Tel-Aviv – They came, they saw , they conquered! 8-0 on Agg.

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – Bangor City

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Top Scorer – Rhys Griffiths 16 (Llanelli)

Manager of the Year – Gavin Chesterfield (Haverfordwest)

Season 2 – 2011/12

Board expects win everything except Europe of course

Players in: 13 (1 loan) £12k but this was a loan fee only

Players out: 5 £0

Noteable Players: Nathan Rooney

Lubomir Michalik

Aaron Martin

P 32 W 21 D 6 L 5 GF 62 GA 28 PTS 69

Almost identical to last season but conceded fewer I was 15 points ahead of 2nd place.

League cup: Beat Haverfordwest 3-2 aet all domestics cups now won

Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the semi-finals to Barry Town 2-1. Poor result especially as Barry ended up getting Relegated.

Champions League Qual 2: Came up against the power house of Polish football that is Polonia Warszawa. They beat us 4-1 at our place but we earnt a credible 2-2 away draw but alas to little too late.

On a side note Park hall has a capacity of 3000 but due to FIFA/UEFA rules can only hold a max of 1000 as we only have 1000 seats which is annoying as we only average 250 in the league so the board wont add more seating.

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - Haverfordwest

Top Scorer – Lewis Codling-19 (aberystwyth)

Manager of the Year – ME!

Season 3 – 2012/13

Players in: 8 (2 loan) £36k but this was for the loan fees only

Players out: 6 £0

Noteable Players: Gary Gardner

James Hurst

Kerry Morgan

P 32 W 22 D 5 L 5 GF 70 GA 28 PTS 71

Again an improvement on last season with more goals scored.

League cup: Played five games 1 conceded. Won the final 1-0 against

Welsh FA Cup: With a record of 17:2 including a 7-0 3rd round victory against non-league opposition. Won 3-0 against Bangor in the Final. My 1st treble.

Champions League : Wow just wow

Qual 2: Metalurgs (Latvia) coasted through 7-0 on aggregate with a 4-0 away win.

Qual 3: TPS (Finland) won 2-0 at home so, to, the away leg they raced to a 3-0 lead after about 50 mins then in the 71st min scored an away goal and held on (from experince I knew this game was worth at least £2million

Play offs: Win this and its Champions League Group stage lose and its Europa League Group Stage so either way it was a win-win situation.... And then I saw I was playing Club Brugges (Belgium) so Europa League here we come..... lost 5-0 on aggregate, brave effort but always going to be really tough.

Europa League Group J consisted of Deportivo La Coruna, Fenerbache & NEC Breda. !st game at home to Deportivo went 2-1 up before losing 3-2 these 2 goals were the only 2 I scored in 6 games and conceding 17!!!

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Top Scorer – Rhys Griffiths 19 (Llanelli)

Manager of the Year – Craig Harrison (Airbus)

Season 4 – 2013/14

Players in: 7 - £140k Most of this on a 17YO cb

Players out: 2 - £10K 1st fee received

Noteable Players: Tom Taylor (the 17 YO cb)

Freddy Eastwood

Nathan Craig

P 32 W 29 D 3 L 0 GF 83 GA 17 PTS 90

Almost a perfect season. 35PTS clear of 2nd place. Didn’t drop a single point after a draw on 8/12/13

On the opposite side Goytre got relegated having won only 6pts (1win)!!!

League cup: lost in the Quarter Final against Aberystwyth 1-0

Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the Final against Neath 4-2

Champions League : Oooops I did it again!!! I did have to play 1 more round than last year.

Qual 1:Tre Penne (San Marino) 6-0 on agg saw us comfortably through

Qual 2: Maccabi Haifa (Israel) arguabley a V. big team 1st leg won 3-0 at home and held on to a 0-2 defeat away from home.

Qual 3: Domzale (Slovinia) Comfortably won both legs 2-0 H & 4-0 A to book our (at least) £2million Match

Play offs: Tough. Handed a Very difficult (When arent they at this stage!) tie agianst FC Cluj (Romania) and were dispatched 7-2 with ease.

Europa League Group stage consisted of Braga, Club Brugge (again!) and (the chav-tastic plastics hmmmm yeah real life bias here) Chelski. Safe to say Bottom of group 0pts (and a 4-0 whooping away at the bridge, though this was my worst defeat) scored 1:13 conceded!

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – Carmarthen

FA Cup Winners - Neath

Top Scorer – Freddy Eastwood 25 (TNS)

Season 5 – 2014/15

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe.

Players in: 4 - £0

Players out: 9 - £0

Noteable Players: Harry Keane

Conrad Logan

P 32 W 24 D 2 L 6 GF 79 GA 29 PTS 74

Won it but were crap.

League cup: Beat Port Talbot 2-1 in the final (Comp record of 13:4)

Welsh FA Cup: Beat Port Talbot 3-0 in the final (Comp record of 17:2)

Champions League : Hmmmmm I was spoilt in the last 2 seasons....

Qual 1: Qormi (Malta) 10-2 on agg This is getting easy!!!

Qual 2: Vojvodina (Serbia) Won 1st leg 2-0 away from home Eastwood did miss a penalty but hey that wont matter with the 2nd leg being at home... Comfy yay 2ng leg can you guess yes you bloody can a 3-1 home defeat sees me knocked out on away goals not happy!

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Top Scorer – Freddy Eastwood 23 (TNS)

Manager of the Year – Mark Jones (Port Talbot)

On a side note I notice at the end of this season the following messages in my inbox:

the Welsh PL moves up 121 places to 260th

TNS move up 87 places to 280th

The WPL moving up is entirely me as I don’t think another Welsh team has won a game let alone a tie!!!

Season 6– 2014/15

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe

Players in: 13 - £42K for loans. The loans are to boost my number of under 19's in the squad for league rules.

Players out: 3 - £0K although I loaned a few out during the season

Noteable Players: Leigh Griffiths (The best player I have ever had!!!)

Adam Clayton

P 32 W 26 D 4 L 2 GF 105 GA 37 PTS 82

Scored over a ton in the league and 42 were scored by Griffiths he was AMAZING!

Bridgend became the worst ever team with no wins & only 3 draws conceding 99 goals.

League cup: Beat Carmarthen 2-1 in the final

Welsh FA Cup: Lost in the 3rd round 1-0 to non league Nefyn not great.

Champions League : The greatest season I have ever had!!!

Qual 2: Flamurtari (Albania) comfortable 7-1 aggreagte win

Qual 3: FC Vasuli (Romania) won 6-1 on aggregate scoring 3 goals in both legs.

So one game away from the Holy Grail of the group stages

Play offs: Omonoia (Cyprus) I thought if I was going to get through then this would be my best chance of doing so. 1st leg beat them 4-1 hoping that the away goal wouldnt come to bite my back....of course it did as in the 2nd leg they stormed into a 3-0 lead before I scored but alas they scored again meaning the scores were level at 90mins so extra time they scored imidiately and I was heading out until I got the away goal and held on for an away goals victory and £6.5million prize money....

Champions League Group stage: I was awarded with a group which consisted of;

H A

Olympiakos 0-5 1-2

AC Milan 0-3 0-6

Real Madrid 0-5 0-3

Soo ass whoopings all round 1:24, and to insult to injury I only won 2/6 domestic games after Champions League action, including my 1-0 cup defeat after being spanked 5-0 by Real!

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - Neath

Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 42 (TNS)

Manager of the Year – Tomi Morgan (Carmarthen)

Season 7 – 2016/17

Board expects win League and FA cup. League cup based on other results and learn from europe

Players in: 9 - 65K for loans.

Players out: 6 - £0K

Noteable Players:Joe Mattock

Giles Barnes

Boaz Myhil

Leon Newell – Didm't look overly good but played very well with Griffiths

P 32 W 26 D 5 L 1 GF 105 GA 29 PTS 83

23 points ahead of 2nd place

Cwmbran Celtic were relegated with 5 points conceding 105 goals

League cup: Beat Neath 5-0 in the final record of 14:3

Welsh FA Cup: won 2-1 against Carmarthern in the final, record 13:4

Champions League :

Qual 2: Santa Coloma (Andora) 3-0 Away & 4-0 at home gave an easy route through to;

Qual 3: Red Star (Serbia) lost 1st leg 3-1 away from home but I was hopeful due to my away goal but alas it wasn't to be and altough I won 4-2 at home I was denied buy those damn away goals.

So I thought that was that until I realised I was put into the hat for the 4th Qualifying round of the Europa League WooHoo …. Until I saw who I got....

Europa League 4th Qualifying round: Schalke (Germany) Oh well

1st leg away damage limitation or so I thought battling like Trojans we beat them 2-1 so to the 2nd leg at home held them at 0-0 for 3/4s of the game and they looked like scoring but we nicked a goal to win the tie 3-1 on agg.

Soooooooo........

Group L H A

AZ 0-1 0-3

Bordeauz 0-2 0-1

Newcastle 1-2 0-3

Better results but still no win or any points in a group stage so disappointing really.

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 40 (TNS)

Season 8 – 2017/18

At the start of the season the WPL was up to 119th (1 ½ stars) in the rankings

And TNS were up to 134th

The Europa League seedings were better for meaning the other Welsh clubs could now get knocked out without winning at a slightly later stage!!

Board expects win Blah Blah Blah

Players in: 15 - £500K on a young scottish winger. Most of the other signings were squad players

Players out: 10 - £5K

Noteable Players: Jim Brash (Young Winger)

Kieran Richardson

P 32 W 29 D 2 L 1 GF 105 GA 23 PTS 89

A ridiculous 36 points ahead of 2nd place.

League cup: Beat Aberystwyth 2-1 in the final record of 11:4

Welsh FA Cup: won 4-0 against Carmarthern in the final, record 22:0

Played non-league Caerau Ely in the semi's and narrowly beat them 8-0!!

Champions League :

Qual 2: WIT-Georgia (Georgia) 1-1 Away & with a squeaky bum eventually eased as we dispatched them 4-1 at home

Qual 3: Levadia (Estonia) 5-2 aggregate win gave us a tie which guaranteed group stage football, but in which competition.....

Play offs: As we drew RB Salzburg it was the Europa League which we were destined for as they beat us 2-5 away in the 1st leg and although we won the home game 2-1 this wasn't enough and bang we were out.

Group E:

So game number one at home in front of 1000 fans we took on the might that is Barcelona 1-0 we went getting excited until bang 2-1 down at half time and fearing the worst. Until bang 2nd half we found our selves 4-2 up and in injury time they pulled one back but it wasn’t enough and we triumphed in what was our 1st victory and points in a group stage although in the return leg at the Nou Camp were got massacred 8-1 oops.

Aslo in the group were Braga (H 3-1 A 1-0) & Kaiserslauten (A 0-0 H 4-2) so with a grand total of 13 points I progressed to the 1st KO round where we were drawn against FC Lorient (France) now I usually take 1 game at a time and dont get to optimistic but I did think that this wasn't the worst draw we could get so typically they battered us 2-7 on agg but hey-ho great achievement and something to build upon.

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Top Scorer – Leigh Griffiths 30 (TNS) slowly getting worse!!

Manager of the Year – Neil Gibson (Prestatyn)

• 2 weeks later...

Season 9 – 2018/19

Board expects, We do not torelrate failure

Players in: 9 - £8K

Players out: 15 - £150K Sold Leigh Griffith wouldn't stop moaning contract running out wouldn't re-sign so sold him

P 32 W 23 D 8 L 1 GF 75 GA 18 PTS 77

Still cant seem to go the whole season with out defeat. Too many draws but hey I still won the league.

League cup: Easily beat Prestatyn 4-0 in the final

Welsh FA Cup: Lost on Penos to Llanelli after a 2-2 draw

Champions League :

Qual 2: Marribor 4-1 agg

Qual 3: NK Dinamo only won 1st leg at home 3-2 so was rather nervous going into the 2nd leg however I shouldnt have been as I dispatched them 3-0 away to progress

Play offs: Young Boys (Switzerland) lost away 0-1 and in the home leg battered them but alas they kept a clean sheet so did we boom and we are gone into the Europa League]

Europa League Group G

Shamrock Rovers 4-1 0-3

Bordeaux 0-0 0-3

Benfica 1-1 0-3

3rd position wasn't too bad. Also we were seeded 3rd for the 1st time!

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - LLanelli

Top Scorer – George Farmer 24 (Bangor)

Manager of the Year – Gavin Williams (Afan Lido)

Season 10 – 2019/20

Board expects!!

Players in: 13 - £825K on a DMC and AM L/R

Players out: 12 - £425K starting to think ahead(its about time) and get rid of players sooner who wont renew their contracts.

P 32 W 26 D 4 L 2 GF 76 GA 20 PTS 82

League cup: Beat Air bus (now managed by my former CB & Captain Lubomir Michalik) on penalties after a 0-0 draw

Welsh FA Cup: Lost to Llanelli (yet again & they are getting closer in the league) in the 1/4's

Champions League :

Qual 2: Suduva 2-0 & 2-0 saw us easily through

Qual 3: Linfield lost 2-4 away in the 1st leg but held on in the 2nd leg to win 2-0 and go through on away goals!

Play offs: Domzale this tie was wrapped up at home with a brilliant 6-0 win and after coming from behind we beat them 2-1 in the return leg to send us through to the UCL group stages

Bordeaux 0-4 1-3 (6times in total we have played these and without spoiling! We play them next season to!)

Man City 0-1 0-3

Sporting 0-4 2-2

Crashed out 4th again but I do feel that we are competing better

Season Review:

League Winners - TNS

League Cup Winners – TNS

FA Cup Winners - TNS

Archived