Long Shots

You can't set them to never, only rarely.

If they're shooting from long range a lot, then they have no other options, so the problem is tactical. Try giving some players less forward runs, so there are more passing options, or encourage through balls, dribbling or crossing.

What gets me is just the misses... and either I just got really lucky recently or long shot balance is totally fubar.

After a season and a half my best snipers (Long shots of 14) got -ONE- goal on a long shot, the vast majority not even being on target. Now in the last few games (about 4-5) I've been playing a couple young midfielders with long shot of 9 and 10, both of them have a long goal in this shot little time frame. Opponents also aren't scoring them.

i was thinking that it was just the balance was set so it was too hard to get goals from range, now I can't help but wonder if the whole thing is just backwards with the poorest guys one the team getting them more then quality players.

In my first season, fab was cracking them in from all over the shop! Second and third season not many score em. I do notice players with less than 15 descisions will fire them off relentlesly no matter what options are available, if you have the slider set to anything more than rarely.

Are long shots a bug in this game ?

Ive set my players long shot sliders to NEVER

For every player and yet

Im still cracking atleast 10 a game ??

Ask them to play the ball into the box. ( shout ) it's not holy water, but it should at least take the edge of it.

Archived