lutonfclogo.png

620.jpg

FM Version

11.1 No Edits

Database Size

Medium

footballmanager2011newg.png

History

Luton Town is a professional football club based at Kenilworth Road since 1905. Luton are currently competeing in the 5th tier of English Football. Luton most recent successful period began in 1981-82 where they were promoted to the old 1st division. They also won the league cup in 1988 where they beat Arsenal 3-2 Luton remained a First Division club until relegation in 1991–92 signalled the end of major success. More recently, financial difficulties have caused the club to fall, in just three years, from the second tier of English football to the fifth, ending its 89-year spell as a member of The Football League. And last season Luton missed out on a return to the Football league by losing to York City in the Play-off Semi final 2-0

Here is my YouTube Account

I will be updating at the end of august and then every month or two months

Luton Town Club Information:

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1885

Stadium: Kenilworth Road

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Average

Club Colours: Orange, Black and White

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Legends: Mick Harford

Icons: Brian Stein, Ricky Hill and David Pleat

Favoured Personnel: Keith Keane, Kevin Nicholls, Steve Foster and George Pilkington

Derbies M1 Derby (Luton v Watford)

Fierce Rivals: Watford

Other Rivals: MK Dons, Stevenage and QPR

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £16.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £325

Season Ticket Holders: 4000

Estimated Value: £1.1M

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 1st

Squad Personality: Fairly Professional

Captain: George Pilkington

Vice Captain: Keith Keane

Manager: Luke Pniewski

Blue Square Premier 2010-2011

League Table

Past Positions

Started well but didn't go top until the 16th game but after then we stayed top for most of the time but the last couple of games i thought that we had thrown it away but we we beat Altrincham 3-2

FA Cup we beat ST Albans and Nuneaton teams that were below us but when we came up against higher opposition we struggled Oxford

FA Trophy Played a weakened side to rest players but didn't expect this Bromley

Squad A squad which had strength in depth and in the end it showed

Transfers Mitchell Hanson was the on signing which wasn't a first team regular but the rest were players who i thought we need to improve

Career Overview

Season       Team            Country     League               League Finish    Achievements 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     1ST     Promoted as Champions

Next Season

Pleased to win the league. Believe that we have a good enough squad to do well next season hoping to finish in the top half or even try and get promoted again

Pre Season and August update:

Transfers

Let players go who i though that wasn't going to be used much and sold besta because he was unhappy with me. I brought in players where we where weak in that position

lutontownlutonfixtures2.png

League Table

Monthly Comments:

After drawing the first two games of the season we have gone onto win the next 2 and win in the JPT against top of the table Leyton Orient. Also against Colchester they went down to 9 men for 60 minuets or so but we also went gone to 10 men.

November, December and half of January update:

Transfers:

Marko Mitrovic went back to Wolves

Rhys Murphy signed from Arsenal on loan

lutontownlutonfixtures.png

League Table

Monthly Comments:

Started as we ended the last two months but we did end up picking up points and have got away from the relegation zone and we are now in the middle of the play-offs and the relegation zone

I have a lot of sympathy for Luton. It was us Cherries that got dumped down at the bottom of League 2 with you the other season. We felt hard done by and we only had 17 points deducted.

I'd like to see the club have some success, unless it's at the expense of Bournemouth of course.

I hope you can get over this in game blip you seem to have hit and remain in League 2 for next season. I don't know if it was just coincidence in my Bucharest save but I was on a terrible run and changed my match preperation to team blend. Before I knew it we had won again. Perhaps it might help if you're not already doing so. Good luck.

npower League 2

League Table

Past Positions

We started well but went into a steady decline. We recoved to finish in 15th. Also to go around 4 months with only 1 win i would take 15th in the end.

FA Cup Didn't expect anything from the game so i played a weakened team as we were going through that terrible run of results Walsall

League Cup Didn't really think we could win but the team gave Bristol City a good game Bristol City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy We beat Leyton Orient on penalty's after a 2-2 draw and then we came up against a good Swindon side Swindon

Squad A team that i thought that would be challenging for a play-off place. How wrong i was

Transfers released quite a few players to free up wage for the new players that i thought that could put us into the play-offs but there was only 1 player that really did well and that was Lewis Guy

Career Overview

Season       Team            Country     League               League Finish    Achievements 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Luton Town      England      Blue Square Bet Premier     1ST     Promoted as Champions
2011/12  Luton Town      England      npower League Two         15th  

Next Season:

Try and finish in the top half or push for the play-offs

Pre Season and August update:

Transfers

Released people where i needed to free some wages and brought in players where we are not as strong as could be

lutontownlutonfixtures.png

League Table

Monthly Comments:

Not a bad pre season except the first and last results but since then we haven't played particular well except from the Stevenage game where we came from 2-0 down with 10 men

Archived