FMH 2011 PSP - Release Date: November 26th

Because when they brought out the PSP Go they did no say that after you have paid the £225 that you can be assured that you will pay almost double for all games from now on, Thye also said that ALL GAMES would be released as a download when they come out on UMD. If they had mentioned these points when the PSP Go was released then im sure alot of ppl would have though twice about buying one.

• SI Staff
I dont mean to sound like a jerk , I am just gutted at having to wait from the 5th Nov to the 26th now to the 1st DEC !

Not being a jerk at all - I apologise for not having known about the release date otherwise I'd have mentioned it to you earlier, unfortunately I only found this out myself today.

• SI Staff
No I thot by you saying if your hear differently thn ..... That it might be later :( sorry

Quite all right mate, only reason I put that is simply because the actual physical release for something like that isn't directly under mine (or SEGA/SI's) control and as such there will always be a very slim chance of something being changed - hence the standard disclaimer ... but as I indicated I fully expect it on the first (darn well hope so me and my 'Go' are waiting on it ;) ).

Oi no winding people up Andrew ... it'll be the 1st ...

I can't blame Andrew, how can we take anyone who deals with the game on the psp seriously when first it was pegged backed to the 26th and now the 1st of December, might as well be after christmas.....I aint holding my breath, this is very fustrating, espically when you have your hardcore bunch of football manager psper's who buy the game year in year out and to rub salt into the wounds, we don't even get told until the day of the release that it will be delayed again now that is really poor

:(

edit = i think you need to take time to think the amount of effort people went to probably to try and get the game today, for example andrew took the day off to get the game

We should definately have been told before today.

I think what is worse is that if they didnt want to pay to have it on the store today they had 2 other options. they could either give it us a week later OR to say thanks for HAVING to pay £29.99 instead of £16.99 they could have given us it 2 days early on the 24th! Thats the least they could do for paying £29.99 or mayby £35.99 like last year!.

• SI Staff
edit = i think you need to take time to think the amount of effort people went to probably to try and get the game today, for example andrew took the day off to get the game

I've already apologised for the late notice; only reason it was so late was simply that we weren't aware until incredibly late ourselves (ie. for me I found out literally today). I'm sorry it happened but unfortunately it was beyond my control.

• SI Staff
i'm right in saying this is for the psp its just someone said they seen it in store today

The FMH PSP game is out and about in its physical store format - unfortunately the download version isn't available until the 1st December though (which is where Andrew and Georgerangers comments have come from).

Marc, appreciate your comments. Do you have any info on the ps store pricing? pleeaaaase :)

Ultimately, my disapointment over the delay will be totally allayed if the pricing of the download is 'sensible', as it happens i dont spend as much time gaming as I used to.. (remember all the time I put into updates!) and hopefully someone will have a little update ready soon ;)

• SI Staff
Marc, appreciate your comments. Do you have any info on the ps store pricing? pleeaaaase :)

I have no visibility with regards to pricing at all presently - I will ask regarding this on monday, but I'd expect the people involved in this side of things are tucked up in bed at this stage of the day I'm afraid.

Lads, it isn't Marc's fault (or SI/Segas).

Think about it, by delaying the release date, they are delaying the money they're getting from sales (there is also the risk of losing some customers who will get fed up and decide not to get the game at all) so they'd hardly delay it on purpose.

And last minute upsets can happen, so im sure Marc did tell us as soon as he found out.

• SI Staff

Turns out that the digital pricing thing was a human error - I was at SEGA today, and went in angry about it, to find out that everyone was angry about it. On further investigation, it seems that the person who did input the price inputted the wrong one.

So the price has now been adjusted.

As for US release, I know it's coming slightly later, but we haven't been given a date as yet. Have asked, and am awaiting a reply.

Turns out that the digital pricing thing was a human error - I was at SEGA today, and went in angry about it, to find out that everyone was angry about it. On further investigation, it seems that the person who did input the price inputted the wrong one.

So the price has now been adjusted.

As for US release, I know it's coming slightly later, but we haven't been given a date as yet. Have asked, and am awaiting a reply.

I hope this doesnt sound like im accusing you of lying but... exactly the same pricing error as last year!!??

you NEED to make sure everyone who paid the incorrect price is refunded to their PS wallet, as this is what I managed to push for last year

• SI Staff

Mightyowl28 - if anyone bought yesterday at the higher price and are unhappy, then they should get in touch with SEGA customer support. I have no idea what SEGA will do, but I did make it clear today that we would send people to them if they had this issue - we (SI) cannot refund anyone, as we don't publish the games, but develop them.

I don't remember what happened last year (a year is a long time with everything that goes on here!), but I got this issue sorted as quickly as I could do. I'm still not happy about what happened, and I wish I could promise that it wouldn't ever happen again, but seeing as I, and no one from SI, is involved with the process involved, I can't do that.

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff
Hi bighungry, FMH 2011 is available on the US PSN Store already - http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/football-manager-handheld-2011-psp.html

I think he probably means a UMD based release - which unfortunately I don't think is planned, you might be able to find it on 'import' somewhere though.

Archived