Board Confidence Problem

Hi,

Just wanted to add a few comments ...

I agree with previous posters that there are pretty basic issues with confidence.

I start as West Ham (e.g.) and are told 'challenge for the prem title in two years' - how realistic/unrealistic is that?

Liverpool's goals are to reach every semi final at least and challenge for prem - takes utterly no account of who you draw in the cups and champions league in eventual feedback.

Was playing as Liverpool, beat Man Utd 5 times in one season (cups, champs league and premiership) yet the fans were still mentioning that I lost to Everton away from home about 15 games ago.

There is no ability as mentioned to field weaker teams and give your own priorities to the League cup (or totally irrelevant Charity Shield) for example - you lose and you get reprimanded.

These aren't bugs ... they are basic parts of the game that don't work properly or reflect what happens in reality as such.

icon_smile.gif

First of all let me say that I haven't even played FM08 yet. Every year I wait until around February to buy the game. This is because I know there will always be patches issued and I can never commit to a career game when I know the game will be improved and I never play anything but career games so I always wait until February. I would also like to point out that I am in no way saying that as a dig at SI, Miles anyone, I am juststating how I go about buying the game.

Right, I can now start what I wanted to say. Obviously having not played the game yet, I can not comment on bugs, data issues etc. What I can say is that there appears to be a lot of people saying there is a problem with 2 things in particular. Board Confidence and Grey Teams.

However this post is not only not a rant at SI it isn't defending them either. What I am saying is that with this many people having problems, there is a good chance that they are well founded, however, the problem is that a lot of these people posting about problems don't help themselves in any way what so ever.

They post in this forum for a start. If you have what you consider a bug, post it in the bugs forum, it's what it's there for, and there is no excuse for anyone using the line of "someone else has posted a thread about it" because the more threads about the same problem the better, it's going to be taken more seriously the more threads there are, until it gets to a stage where there is a recognised thread for the bug that everyone can contribute to, and not have everyone post seperate threads (although how many of you would listen and not go opening another thread anyway is debatable).

If you have what you feel is a bug, you should post in the bugs forum, with a title that helps SI amd their testers identify it properly, along with the version of the game on which you are having the problem helps. Then you don't get a situation where Krondo posts that there are 156 resukts for Board Confidence when in reality, as Miles points out, most of those threads are in regards to the boxed version or patch 8.0.1

A thread title along the lines of [8.0.2] Board Confidence Bug is sufficient, as opposed to "ZOMG Board r *******" or something similar. Followed by a simple post outlining the problem, and sending a save of your game (as close to the date of the problem that you can get it) to SI's FTP servers, with any relevant information included.

Unfortunately a lot of people on these forums are far too lazy, stupid to follow simple instructions or simply can't be bothered to go to the effort to help SI even though they want the problems fixed.

It also doesn't help when the same thread is posted over and over again by barely literate imbeciles who seem intent on butchering the English language and having no other intentions than spouting vicious vitriol at SI and in some cases posting extremely angry material that they deserve to get banned for.

For those of you for whom English is not your recognised language, obviously that last paragraph doesn't apply to you, just those people who are here simply to have a go at SI in text speak.

As for Grey Teams being too good, this has appeared to be an issue since FM07 but it may get missed in testing as people would normally prefer to test the match engine against proper teams, but it is hard to defend it still being a problem after so long. But like I say, I've not yet played this version and will do so soon, and I may find there is no problem with Grey Teams at all.

Also meant to add that alot of people are complaining about the problem if people scoring far too easily now from corners. ie one person had Micah Richards score 9 in 9 all from corners, 4 in one game.

Someone else had Samba with 23 in a season on the latest patch.

But again I am willing to bet that neither of them posted anything in the bugs forum, they may well have and if they have I'm sorry, it's just so easy to say that, knowing what most of the people who post in this forum are like.

So again it looks like that needs to be addressed in a further patch update. Again I can't say this for fact as I haven't played the game.

Bu these look like 3 things that have to be addressed in a further patch.

I think that's all I have to say for now. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drambuie2:

I start as West Ham (e.g.) and are told 'challenge for the prem title in two years' - how realistic/unrealistic is that?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABout as unrealistic as the Newcastle supporters & board's expectations IRL? Yo umight not agree with the targets set, but that's not necessarily the problem with the Board confidence...

However, the other parts of your post are IMO the crux of the problems.

As I am setting out to provide such a game save that could help in solving the problem perhaps Miles or someone else from SI would be so good as to create a thread in the bug forum with carefully laid out directions for submitting saves displaying the problem with the Board Confidence.

I'd be happy to myself but as of right now I'm unaware of precisely how many saves you'd need from each game, at which times and so on. Furthermore, I'm sure if it was an 'official' hub for submitting such games it would be far less likely to disappear from the forum unnoticed. Lastly it would give a clear display of SIs acknowledgement that a problem COULD exist and that they are prepared to take steps such as 'official' threads to improve their product to it's full potential.

I'm about ten games from the end of my season with Dumbarton and as I'm second but eight points off top the chances are I will end up in the play-offs which means the bug where the board will tell me I've narrowly avoided relegation will kick in and I'll probably be sacked so I too could use instructions on how to upload to the bug forum.

I'm so frustrated though that this Dumbarton save which has re-ignited my love for the game will probably be ruined four years in because of a problem that everyone else other than the game's creators seem to know about.

Right, I got to the end of the season, finishing 3rd and the board told me they were 'pleased with finishing in a respectable position'. I saved the game at that point.

Then I played my play-off semi and lost and now I am being told 'the board are disappointed you only narrowly avoided relegation' when the reality was we were challenging for promotion. I have saved the game at this point under a different name.

Could someone from SI or the testing team tell me how I go about putting up the save files to be looked at - because once these are looked at their can be no denying that there is a bug with promotion/relegation play-offs, although it could end up being too late for me if I end up losing my job over this.

If someone can get back to me with information as soon as possible I will be very grateful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeorgieMc:

Right, I got to the end of the season, finishing 3rd and the board told me they were 'pleased with finishing in a respectable position'. I saved the game at that point.

Then I played my play-off semi and lost and now I am being told 'the board are disappointed you only narrowly avoided relegation' when the reality was we were challenging for promotion. I have saved the game at this point under a different name.

Could someone from SI or the testing team tell me how I go about putting up the save files to be looked at - because once these are looked at their can be no denying that there is a bug with promotion/relegation play-offs, although it could end up being too late for me if I end up losing my job over this.

If someone can get back to me with information as soon as possible I will be very grateful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent. Please do post it up!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeorgieMc:

If someone can get back to me with information as soon as possible I will be very grateful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent. Please do post it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a set of instructions at the top of the bugs forum. Here it is ..CLICK HERE..

Thanks a lot for the link - I'll give that a go now although I'm not that tech savvy!

What I would urge someone to do to help get this whole thing fixed that shouldn't take too long is start a new game with like one country in small database, holiday till about two-thirds into the season. Then take charge of a big club in that league that is near the bottom and upload that save as it would prove your confidence is 'should be performing slightly better' straight after taking over at a club - and being judged on predecessor's cup performances - which gives concrete proof of another confidence bug that needs fixing. If anyone has time, please do!

Archived