GQ Online 03/04 Update Thread

Franco

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

forest.jpg

Exclusive to the CMO forums: Wilkins speaks out for the first time

To a great number of football fans, the manor in which a manager conducts club affairs can be just as important to the results on the pitch. In this ever increasing media controlled world the gaffer is no longer just responsible for ensuring success on the pitch, now he must help to mould the right impression is held of a club by the footballing community as a whole.

"I come from a Market Research background," Says Wilkins, when we caught up with him earlier today, "This is my first venture into the management of a football club. Is it a strange career mode? Well.... yes and no really. The coaching side of things definitely. And for that I will be looking heavily to the backroom staff to have great input into this area.... even after only a few weeks in charge I know these people are of the highest calibre so the team, both first team, reservs and U19's are in good hands." He went on, "What my background does give me is an edge on the people side of things."

After working in the MR industry for many years, Wilkins carries with him a knowledge of what a customer wants from the service given to them. "Whether it be vacum cleaners, Telecoms or banking, people all want the same thing. They want to know they are in safe hands, that they are going to get what they pay for. Promises are going to be made and they are going to be kept."

When asked how this translated to the footballing world he volunteered, "Football is all about different sets of customers. Firstly you have the board. Their primary need is to have financial stability, someone in control of everyday aspects such as wages and spending on personnell that will keep the coffer jar topped up. What I have to do is make shrewd decisions about spending. Deciding which players should be earning what. How much room I have to bring in new faces and balance that with wages as to how many new faces I can or can't bring in depending on circumstances"

"The next set of 'customers' as I see it are the players. What they want is to be playing football. First and foremost they want to be pulling on a club shirt come Saturday and running on to the pitch to play for their team. Obviously with on eleven places available each game. Not everyone can have this week in week out. What needs to be done to keep this customer base happy is to assess who is going to get these chances regularly, who needs to be given the oppertunity to ply their trade elsewhere, be it temporary or permenantly."

"The third and final customer is the fan base. A club like Nottingham Forest have a large fan base. This is both a good and a bad thing for me, personally. good because it generates a sizeable income for the club but bad because group them together and you have quite a sizeable voice that can be heard if things don't go their way."

Wilkins eluded that he was confident that he would be given time to show that his methodology was going to work at the City round and that the disappointment of many of the fans that an 'unknown' had been appointed to the helm was nothing to worry about.

"Its understandable. I am new to the game. I am inexperienced more so than most of my counterparts across the land in that I have not had any asosiation with football outside of as a supporter at Hillsborough whatsoever. This doesn't faze me and I know that with the ball rolling my way all this talk of 'foolishness from the board' will be forgotten."

It remains to be seen if performances don't go his way whether he will be given the same breathing space as some of his more experience, reputable counterparts. But with 3 wins from his opening 3 games, scoring six goals and only conceeding one goal, that things may not come to that.

Wilkins was cagey about talking about the performances thus far in the season saying, "I'm reluctant to talk about the start of the season as so much is yet to happen. I could go shouting my mouth off about the start and then watch things go horridly over the coming weeks. alternatively I can play things down for now, get more acquainted with the side and its strengths and weeknesses and watch things unfold without adding to the pressure we are already under."

Some of the pressure he referred to must be applied by the bookmakers, seeing as one bookmaker gave Forest 3-1 title odds for the season. After knowing of the new manager being in place too. Having said that Wilkins has only made two new signing so far since taking over. Danny Invincible (£100K) and young Portugeese attacker Felipe Olivera (season long loan from Chelsea). So he can't have too many complaints about the playing staff. Both Johnson and Harewood have ben on the mark in the opening games. Olivera got his first with a stunning Free kick to see Coventry on their way out of the League cup midweek so they certainly have options infront of goal.

How the season pans out for Forest will depend a lot on this young manager keeping his head. One thing is for sure though, he may prove to be one tough customer himself.

After a great start with a home-win against WBA with 10 men most of the match the 2 next matches was dredful. First round of the league cup was won, but on penalties angainst Bury. The second league match was against Norwich on Carrow road. I got battered and should be happy to get away with a 3-0 loss. This match must have been one of the worst I've had so far in CM0304. Half my players got 4's and the rest got 5's. Absolutely awful. icon_frown.gif

OK Then

I now have the saved game, and we want to have a general clue as to when people want to play next.

So Please post when is ideal for people to play.

56kers you need to give me a very good reason to let you stay as unfortunatly it seriously drags the game speed down with you on board. Sorry may seem harsh, but we need to get this game up and running as fast as possible.

Now I am up for having a good long session on it either tonight or Sunday afternoon.

Usually I am free most nights to play, tuesdays struck me as being rather stupid as most division 1 teams play on a tuesday.

Next monday is a NO NO for me as I am in London.

anyway if you could post or email me your preferences then we can get this show on the road properly.

Gers fans celebrate good times at Ibrox

Teddy Bears hail best run in years

Rangers fans hailed new manager Caleyjag after an unbeaten run that has so far lasted 7 games in the last session.

Fantastic results in Europe against Celta and FC Bayern showed that Caley has what it takes to cut it in Europe.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Sat, 23.8.2003 | 15:00 | A | Partick Thistle | Premier League | | 5 : 1 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Wed, 27.8.2003 | 19:45 | H | Celta | Champions Cup Qual.3 Leg 2 | | 4 : 1 |

| Sat, 30.8.2003 | 15:00 | H | Livingston | Premier League | | 4 : 1 |

| Wed, 3.9.2003 | 19:30 | A | Dunfermline | Premier League | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 13.9.2003 | 15:00 | H | Aberdeen | Premier League | | 3 : 0 |

| Wed, 17.9.2003 | 19:45 | H | FC Bayern | Champions Cup Grp F | | 3 : 0 |

| Sat, 20.9.2003 | 15:00 | A | Dundee | Premier League | | 2 : 2 |

</pre>

Rangers have played well in the SPL this session and went top of the division for the first time this season and have now set up a 3 point gap at the top over Celtic who they face in the first game next week although they almost let Dundee get one over them in the final game today when they took an early 2 goal lead. The Gers responded by putting on de Boer into a defensive midfield role, pushing the wingers up further and getting the playmaker de Boer to launch long balls to the forwards.

SPL Table

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Rangers | | 7 | 5 | 1 | 1 | 21 | 8 | +13 | 16 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Celtic | | 7 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 13 | 5 | +8 | 15 |

| 3rd | | Hibs | | 7 | 4 | 0 | 3 | 14 | 13 | +1 | 12 |

| 4th | | Livingston | | 7 | 4 | 0 | 3 | 13 | 12 | +1 | 12 |

| 5th | | Hearts | | 7 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 9 | 7 | +2 | 11 |

| 6th | | Dunfermline | | 7 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 14 | 11 | +3 | 10 |

| 7th | | Kilmarnock | | 7 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 9 | 10 | -1 | 10 |

| 8th | | Dundee | | 7 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 12 | 16 | -4 | 7 |

| 9th | | Motherwell | | 7 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 7 | 12 | -5 | 7 |

| 10th | | Partick Thistle | | 7 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 9 | 15 | -6 | 7 |

| 11th | | Aberdeen | | 7 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 8 | 14 | -6 | 7 |

| 12th | | Dundee Utd | | 7 | 2 | 0 | 5 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 6 |

</pre>

BBC Sportscene interview

Caley, you managed some great results today. Do you now feel that you have proved yourself to some fans and football pundits that you have what it takes?

I'd like to think I've gone some way towards that, but the way to prove yourself as a good Old Firm manager is to win the Old Firm games. And the one coming up should be an absolute cracker!

How do you feel about the rivalry starting with Millwall down south? They seem to have an interest in players you have an eye on.

Yeah, I think managers down south are severly lacking in ability when it comes to talent scouting. I won't name names so as to protect JediMonkeys identity, but certain people just cant think for themselves icon_razz.gif

What about Europe after Christmas? Is it possible? We have seen in previous years, that Rangers seem to start off well and then just fade away and get beaten by poor quality teams. Many fans are hoping that this is the year the club makes a major impact in European competitions and for Rangers (as well as Scottish football) to become a force in continental football once again. Do you feel you, as a manager could rise to this challenge, take the baton from previous Rangers managers to carry on the sterling work they have done thus far?Do you feel you have a squad capable of sustaining results in the Champions League?

No

Err...thanks.

No bother pal :thuppity thup: :shakehands:

West Brom on Winning Spree

After a poor start to the season West brom have gone over 450 minutes without conceding a goal, and have won 5 on the trot. This has catapalted them up the league and they currently lie in 4th Position. It is thought that after there poor start, manager Rich Stevens had some harsh words to say to them all and it seems to have done the job.

Stevens has also managed to get Carl Cort on loan from Newcastle for the remainder of the season, however, he is finding it hard to break into the first team due to the superb form of Lee Hughes and Rob Hulse upfront. Stevens has also managed to sign another midfielder, Steven Sidwell, who he had been interested in for some time. Many experts are saying that Reading may regret selling him for a cheap price of £850,000

With Reo-Coker, Sidwell and Cort added to the squad many are expecting the Baggies to be there or there about at the end of the season.....

WFCBADGE.GIF

With Reo-coker gone for 275k to W.B.A, Lionel Morgan to reading for 500k and Makofo to millwall for 40k the pressures of administration were beginning to get to manager Rob Stone but he should not have been worried. His team including all of the loan signings were firing on all cylinders and doing the town of Milton Keynes proud. With Courtney Pitt, Mbark boufassa, Elvis Hammond, and Alex Nyarko all on season long loans the future was slightly brighter for the wombles and their performances in the last 5 games have reflected this.

Wimbledon on top of the league!!

Wimbledon 2 - 0 Burnley

Patrick Ageymang and Darren Holloway confirm victory for Rob Stone men

Watford 1 - 6 Wimbledon

An Elvis Hammond hatrick, two for Mbark Boufassa and an own goal for Danny Webber ensure the demolishing of Watford at their own ground. Elton John was rumoured to have been seen crying on his way out of the stadium

Wimbledon 1 - 0 Reading

A single goal for Elvis Hammond in the 17th minute clinched victory for Wimbledon in a tense match.

Walsall 1 - 2 Wimbledon

Two Scott McDonald goals clinched victory in a game marred by the sending off of Alex tapp in the 52nd minute. Walsalls consolation came from an 86th minute penalty from Aranalde which was first saved by Paul Heald, but the rebound was put in.

Wimbledon 2 - 0 Cardiff

Two second half goals from Elvis Hammond and Scott McDonald and a man of the match performance from keeper Paul Heald guarenteed a brilliant win for Wimbledon as their excellent form continued

Millwall 1 - 2 Wimbledon

Wimbledon went to the den in a first verses secod clash that could put Wimbledon three points clear at the top. Neil Harris put the home team ahead in the first minute but from that moment Wimbledon's pressure began. On the 16th minute this pressure bayed off as Scott McDonald got a deserved equalilser. On the stroke of half time he got another as Wimbledon went ahead at the Den. This score continued until the 90th minute when substitute Bob Peeters got through on goal, but a stunning Heald save gave wimbledon the points their play had desrved.

Wimbledon had won 5 in a row, were unbeaten and top of the league by three points and McAnuff and Leighterwood had rejected offers from Reading and Kilmarnock. Rob Stone was delighted with his teams performance and was looking forward to the next match against Nottingham Forest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjellebassen:

There's not really much to say about my Reading team except that they play like ****.

I have lost ALL my matches except one and that was a 1-1 draw at home against Rotherham and are now close to bottom of the table. I must be really crappy at this game icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEAGUE TABLES:

DIV1

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Wimbledon | | 12 | 9 | 1 | 2 | 23 | 7 | +16 | 28 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | W.B.A. | | 12 | 8 | 1 | 3 | 16 | 5 | +11 | 25 |

| 3rd | | Nottm Forest | | 12 | 8 | 1 | 3 | 17 | 7 | +10 | 25 |

| 4th | | Millwall | | 12 | 7 | 3 | 2 | 20 | 9 | +11 | 24 |

| 5th | | Sunderland | | 12 | 7 | 2 | 3 | 17 | 8 | +9 | 23 |

| 6th | | Norwich | | 12 | 7 | 1 | 4 | 23 | 16 | +7 | 22 |

| 7th | | Coventry | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 23 | 20 | +3 | 21 |

| 8th | | Cardiff | | 12 | 5 | 5 | 2 | 12 | 8 | +4 | 20 |

| 9th | | West Ham | | 12 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 15 | 11 | +4 | 19 |

| 10th | | Derby | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 16 | 8 | +8 | 18 |

| 11th | | Stoke | | 12 | 6 | 0 | 6 | 15 | 13 | +2 | 18 |

| 12th | | Gillingham | | 12 | 5 | 2 | 5 | 15 | 14 | +1 | 17 |

| 13th | | Wigan | | 12 | 5 | 2 | 5 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 17 |

| 14th | | Walsall | | 12 | 5 | 1 | 6 | 12 | 16 | -4 | 16 |

| 15th | | Burnley | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 13 | 11 | +2 | 15 |

| 16th | | Bradford City | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 13 | 16 | -3 | 15 |

| 17th | | Preston | | 12 | 4 | 2 | 6 | 11 | 16 | -5 | 14 |

| 18th | | Reading | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 9 | 13 | -4 | 13 |

| 19th | | Crewe | | 12 | 3 | 2 | 7 | 9 | 19 | -10 | 11 |

| 20th | | Ipswich | | 12 | 3 | 1 | 8 | 12 | 29 | -17 | 10 |

| 21st | | Sheff Utd | | 12 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 11 | 18 | -7 | 9 |

| 22nd | | Rotherham | | 12 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 6 | 19 | -13 | 9 |

| 23rd | | Watford | | 12 | 2 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 26 | -17 | 9 |

| 24th | | Crystal Palace | | 12 | 1 | 3 | 8 | 8 | 16 | -8 | 6 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Scot Prem

| 1st | | Rangers | | 11 | 8 | 1 | 2 | 35 | 15 | +20 | 25 |

| 2nd | | Celtic | | 11 | 7 | 3 | 1 | 23 | 8 | +15 | 24 |

| 3rd | | Livingston | | 11 | 7 | 0 | 4 | 18 | 15 | +3 | 21 |

| 4th | | Hibs | | 11 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 19 | 19 | 0 | 19 |

| 5th | | Kilmarnock | | 11 | 5 | 1 | 5 | 21 | 20 | +1 | 16 |

| 6th | | Dunfermline | | 11 | 4 | 2 | 5 | 19 | 18 | +1 | 14 |

| 7th | | Aberdeen | | 11 | 4 | 1 | 6 | 11 | 18 | -7 | 13 |

| 8th | | Hearts | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 11 | 14 | -3 | 12 |

| 9th | | Dundee Utd | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 17 | 22 | -5 | 12 |

| 10th | | Partick Thistle | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 11 | 17 | -6 | 12 |

| 11th | | Dundee | | 11 | 3 | 1 | 7 | 17 | 25 | -8 | 10 |

| 12th | | Motherwell | | 11 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 13 | 24 | -11 | 9 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| </pre>

Reading update.

Sundays game was excellent seen by a royals eyes. After being almost bottom until september 2003 the points started to come. I made several buys and sold Magallanes for £100k to Sheffield United. I also climbed to 15th. place after getting 3 wins and 3 draws in todays game and now only have 7 points up to the playoffs. icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe this game wont go as bad as I though afterall?! icon_biggrin.gif

I stripped a couple of scottish 1st. division clubs of their best players for low prices and got a little more competition in the team, wich may been a important reason to my improving form. icon_biggrin.gif

Hope my teams good form will continue on tuesday. Then there will be no stopping Reading from promotion at the end of the season. icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

Typical Franco, never there for the full session so he doesn't post an up todate table icon_rolleyes.gif

<Edit>table removed to save what respect may/may not be left<edit>

PS who cares about the SPL icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by DezMW on 14 December 2003 at 23:20.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DezMW:

Typical Franco, never there for the full session so he doesn't post an up todate table icon_rolleyes.gif

<Edit>table removed to save what respect may/may not be left<edit>

PS who cares about the SPL icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by DezMW on 14 December 2003 at 23:20.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on the sunday session was a one off, so we didn't have to turn up, and I thought we were finishing after the league cup games

KILLIE GO LIVE

Killie_GQ.com

Kilmarnock Gq Manager Matthew Palmer today announced the uploading of his OFFICIAL Gq website. \o/

He appologised for the delay in finding a host and told us the site would be dramaticly improved over the next couple of days.

"I had a bit of a problem with sub directories and links not working so i had to upload what i had and check each graphic and link my self (with a little help from Jedi Monkey icon14.gif)

As a result of these problems the site is not upto date. However i hope that by thursdays session the latest team sheet, player pics and Match reports will all be up dated.

Thank you for your patience and enjoy your visit.

Here is that link Again

Midweek results, I am bottom of the league icon_frown.gif

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 18th | Burnley | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | Watford | 20th |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 11th | Cardiff | | | 0 | : | 0 | | | Coventry | 9th |

| 22nd | Crewe | | | 2 | : | 3 | | | Wigan | 8th |

| 5th | Norwich | | | 8 | : | 0 | | | Walsall | 17th |

| 3rd | Nottm Forest | | | 2 | : | 0 | | | Gillingham | 12th |

| 15th | Reading | | | 0 | : | 1 | | | Ipswich | 16th |

| 21st | Rotherham | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Preston | 19th |

| 24th | Sheff Utd | | | 1 | : | 1 | | | Crystal Palace | 23rd |

| 13th | Stoke | | | 0 | : | 1 | | | Sunderland | 6th |

| 2nd | W.B.A. | | | 2 | : | 1 | | | Millwall | 4th |

| 7th | West Ham | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Derby | 10th |

| 1st | Wimbledon | | | 3 | : | 1 | | | Bradford City | 14th |

</pre>

Weekend games-I am off bottom \o/

| 15th | Bradford City | | | 1 | : | 1 | | | Preston | 17th |

| 16th | Burnley | | | 1 | : | 1 | | | Millwall | 4th |

| 11th | Cardiff | | | 3 | : | 0 | | | Watford | 21st |

| 23rd | Crewe | | | 1 | : | 5 | | | Derby | 10th |

| 5th | Norwich | | | 2 | : | 3 | | | Wigan | 7th |

| 2nd | Nottm Forest | | | 3 | : | 0 | | | Ipswich | 18th |

| 14th | Reading | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Walsall | 19th |

| 22nd | Rotherham | | | 0 | : | 2 | | | Coventry | 9th |

| 20th | Sheff Utd | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Gillingham | 13th |

| 12th | Stoke | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | West Ham | 8th |

| 1st | Wimbledon | | | 1 | : | 0 | | | Crystal Palace | 24th |

</pre>

Readings games on tuesday had a lot of variation. From great to very poor. To bad I can't seem to hit a long consistently good form. My board are also worried about my performance and I'll soon start looking for other jobs. (Like anyone would hire me icon_rolleyes.gif) Hope my team can hit form again to save my job and maybe fight for a place in the playoffs at the end of the season. icon_eek.gif

forest.jpg

Wilkins hits form according to City Ground Faithful

A quarter of the way into the season, forest fans may have something to cheer about come the Month of May, Forest are sitting pretty in 2nd place in Nationwide Division One. Although early days yet, Victory away to league leaders Wimbledon and the 4-0 thrashing of Sheffield United at home have managed to launch The Reds into serious title contender teritory.

Early days? Yes. Beyond the realms of possibility? Not in the slightest. Fans and board alike seem to be behind the new man at the healm. Some quarters of the supporters club even expressing their pleasure and announcing their full support for the Rookie manager and his management of the club.

This is a far cry from his early days in charge. Wilkins did make one Feux pas, this was to critisise Michael Dawson for mistakes made in a particular game, the 2-0 defeat at the hands of Jonathan Bentley's highflying Norwich City. The Canaries forward line took advantage of a Forest display that was not much better than lacklustre. Wilkins took his anger out on Dawson, whom he felt was at fault for both of Norwich's goals that day. Fans Lambasted Wilkins for that, responding to the revellations in one of the daily press that printed a story on the incident. They lept to Dawson's defence and criticised Wilkins for his man management skills.

In defence of this early perod of his career, you would have to agree that some of what he said was taken out of context by the media. Wilkins was pointing out errors in his young central defender's performance in a particular game. the vultures from the daily press made short work of turning it into a greatly exagerated critisim of Dawson and his early season form. Its no wonder the fans expressed concerns at these reports.

Since then Wilkins has been more reserved, choosing only to speak to the press occasionally, commenting instead on how well Strikers Harewood and particularly David Johnson have been performing. With 8 goals in 14 starts Johnson is proving to have picked up this season where he left off last. Along side him is Harewood, who, although only netting 5 times so far this season, is demonstrating what a good foil for DJ he can be.

Wilkins has chosen to add to his already potent strike force with a new face. That of 15 year old Rungratsamee, the Thai/English promising striker preciously on the books t Portsmouth. Although still so young, Wilkins has given the lad a couple of subs run outs in the last couple of rounds in the Carling cup. Both times he has come on he has netted for The Reds. No doubt Wilkins will ease his new boy into the team over the coming months, and indeed seasons. Already he is proving a big success, even at this early stage.

Nottingham needs the big time for its footballing jewels, but more importantly at the moment it would seem the big time needs them

logo_sheffield_united.gif

Update-Things looking up

After a brief spell at the bottom of the league the Blades have finaly started to pick up points, with only one diefeat in the last 7 games, Sheffield Utd are the 2nd best form team behind Dez's Forest. Blades have rose up the table to 18th and overtaken several human managers.

Manager Franco Cataldo also pickd up a manager of the month award, he said: "Things are finally looking up, after our pathetic start we are beggining to look up, we are 12 points of the play offs our main target and picking up this award is always nice".

Injuries mount

On a bad note, Blades influential midfielder Michael Brown is out for two months and with already injured Tonge the midfield is not at its best.

Watford 1-4 Sheffield Utd

In one of Sheffields best games of the season Kabba and co ripped Watford apart. A double strike from Kabba plus goals from Debutant Hughes, Sheffield controlled the match from the off. Sheffield scored 2 and watford 1 in the opening 9 mins, make sure to watch this one.

Download Watford v Sheffield

It's a sad day for Killie GQ Fans

One of Killie's top forwards has agreed terms with a rival SPL club. click here to find out who is going where

Recent performances

I would like to take this oppetunity to appologise to the supporters for being so consistently inconsistent.

Going Forward we have looked un-stopable. Martin Wood has Been sensational up front. And all the time he is out injured we will miss him.

At the back we are having serious problems. I can't put my finger on the reason but rest assured i am working as hard as i can to raise the funds to complete the signing of a very good young centre backs from Nottingham Forrest. All the details have been agreed with club and player. All that is left for me and the chairman is to try and put the funds in place.

Thankyou for reading and keep up with the latest Killie News at Killie GQ online

Donnachie in Jubilation

Anthony Donnachie was in understandable delight today as he stretched his lead at the top of the table to 4 points

"I'm very pleased we beat Dundee today and Im even more pleased that Rangers dropped points,giving us a four point lead.We have managed this without Henrik,who is out for four months,but We still have Shaun Maloney,Chris Sutton and John Hartson,who are all chipping in. The Champions league looks bright as well,as we only need a point to go through. We must continue our form at the top,as I feel we are under pressure now.Im deep into talks with Liam Miller,among others,about their contract extensions and I hope they can be resolved soon."

more updates soon

Good Form continues for Celtic

Our top interviewer was speaking to the Celtic manager,Anthony Donnachie,this afternoon.

Interviewer-What is your view on your teams form at the moment

Donnachie-Very pleased.We have maintained our four point lead over Rangers,who themselves have found form and continue to snap at our heels

Interviewer-You qualified for the second round of the CL,are you excited about being amongst the Top Euro Elite?

Donnachie-Im Ecstatic,especially finishing top of our group,ahead of Man U,PSV and Gaalatasaray,who were not here to make up the numbers.We are seeded for the next round but despite who we get,it will not be easy.

Interviewer-How are you doing on the Transfer/contract front?

Donnachie-We have tied up Liam Miller on a long-term contract,which Im happy about as he is an excellent player with a great future.I still havent spoken to Henrik about staying,but he is now my no.1 priority. I have Paul Di Giacomo on his way in January,who is a pacey forward who will fit in well to my team.

Interviewer-What is your view on the defeat to Morton in the cup?

Donnachie-Im dissapointed with the lads,as we had the quality to go through,but it wasnt our night.

Interviewer-Thanks Anthony

Donnachie-Thank you

More updates soon

• 2 weeks later...

December: A time for giving?

December - A crucial month in the season, the half way point is reached, the christmas matches are always important, contracts are open for bids and of course the FA Cup third round begins just after.

Starting the month in 3rd place behind Nottm Forest and Wimbledon, Millwall were flying high, expected to only just challenge for a playoff place, Mr Monkey has brought a new era of prosperity to South London. Bringing in new players such as Caldwell, Weatherson and Namouchi, he has created a side that could gain automatic promotion to the premiership by the end of the year.

First came a match agaisnt Dez Wilkins Nottm Forest, who were 2nd one place above but ahead by more points then are worth counting. Millwall managed to win this game 2-0, but at a cost, losing the ever-present captain Dennis Wise and the new power striker of Weatherson to month long injuries.

However this didnt stop Mr Monkey and his side, introducing his tactic for the first time in the season, he managed 2 more succesive 2-0 victories. This propelled him to 2nd for a brief time, moving above Forest on Goals Scored as goal difference was equal.

The stay was short for in the next game a 2-1 win was not enough to keep GD the same, with Forst winning by 3 goals. On to the boxing day match, where a tough trip to Preston was on the cards. Things were sloppy, players were tired, but 3-1 up at half time and Millwall were looking comfortable for the win. Preston however had other ideas, breaking on the counter twice in the 2nd half produced the equalising goals, and so 3-3 was the final score of December and 2003.

Back into 3rd but in a better position then at the beginning of the month, the top 3 are pulling away from the rest and Wimbledon are 10 points clear at the top of the table. Millwall and Forest yo-yoing between 2nd and 3rd, and the rest chasing to catch up, 2004 looks to be an exciting year in Division One.

Celtic play down 'league is over' claims,despite 7 point gap

Celtic manager Anthony Donnachie blasted sections of the media who claimed the league is over.

"I admit we have a very comfortable lead at the top of the SPL,but we were shown by Rangers they wont give up.They fought back three times in the Old Firm derby,which im dissapointed with my players for not finishing the game.

There is exactly half a season left,league wise,and we were drawn,to my delight,against Marseille in the champions league.There were some harder and some easier teams we couldve got,so im happy.

Henrik Larsson is due to return in about two months time for us,which shows good reading for the future.He has already missed our previusly hectic two months,but we managed without him.

I see no reason why we cant go on to win the league from the position we are in.The chance of glory is firmly in our hands,not Rangers,so we must take the chance.They will be ready to pounce on any mistake we make,so im gonna rally round my players to finish this ASAP.

more updates soon

Archived