Englisher Fussball Bund

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KIDDERMINSTER OFF TO A FLYER

After setting goals of just staying afloat in div2 , kidderminster got off to a better then expected start by winning 9 and drawing 1 of there first 10 league games. Sitting proudly on top of the pile in Div 2 kidderminster look like they have a real chance of promotion for the 2nd season running, However despite taking kidderminster from 5 from bottom in div3 to top of div2 some fans are not pleased with the style of football at aggborough, one fan said<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>even when we struggled in div 3 at least we attempted to pass the ball even if it was not too succuessful at least the ball stayed on the ground where it belongs. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to this manager Mark Brown who has not had the best of relationship with the kiddies fans replied <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well have u seen the state of the pitch , if i could appoint a new groundsman i would , not even the ageing david beckham could make a decent pass on this pitch <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just as things couldnt get any worse for Barnet........

Sitting on the foot of the table and still on the receiving end of some very dodgy and awful reffing decision.....

That was until Man Utd came along......Barnet fought hard and got a draw. A draw which set the team up well.

We've gone 10games undefeated beating the likes of West Brom and Rushden....

Barnet are now 12th in the league only 10pts behind 3rd place West Ham.

If they keep this fantastic form then a european place might be snapped up by the london club.

ARSENAL REVOLUTION STUTTERING?????

After a very impresive start to his Arsenal managerial career Hepburn is now finding things tough at he top of the English Premiership. They had went 24 games unbeaten setting a new club record in the process but as the season is ending the pressure is building and Hepburn's team is stuttering. A loss of form, ludicrous buying on my assistant's part and injuries have contributed to this bad patch. Hepburn's old team Cardiff were the first team to beat the Arsenal this season. 4-2 the game ended. Then they went on to lose at home to Newcastle that gave Arsene Wenger a pleasant return to Highbury. Following that they lost to Grimsby icon_eek.gif. Hepburn changed the tactics for the meeting with Bradford in the FA Cup and duly won comfortably following a replay. Then it was onto to meet Silverfox's impressive Liverpool side at Highbury in the FA Cup. Arsenal started well but it finished 2-0 to Liverpool. A season that had promised so much was now beginning to fall apart. They then went onto a meeting with Barnet who beat them 1-0 but it was a game where Arsenal dominated but just could not finish. Eventually things improved for the team with wins against Ipswich and an unconvincing 1-0 win at home to Leicester. Last game of the night was against title rivals Man Utd. Dave's Man Utd were by far the better team and unlucky not to close the gap at the top.

It is clear to see that Arsenal are not the same team when a couple of players are out injured as their other squad members are teenagers they struggle to dominate. Hepburn hopes to bring in a few new faces pre season to strengthen the squad. For now though they seem to have turned the corner as the run in on the league begins.

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

You’ll never walk alone

We’ve been losing about £700k per month due to our wage bill and low Div 1 crowds. So success in the FA Cup has given us a much needed boost financially.

Reaching the final has been no easy ride having to beat both Man Utd and current Prem leaders Arsenal on the way.

Currently we’re sitting 1st in Div 1 with a guaranteed play off position and a 10 point lead more or less ensuring we will win the title.

Reaching the Final of the FA Cup along with the Div 1 title race has meant we’ve had to box clever when it’s come to rotating the small squad of players choosing carefully which games to rest players in.

So far so good, the first part of my four year plan looks set to succeed. Here’s looking forward to winning the Prem within the next three.

Winning FA Cup and Div1 at the same time...been there done that icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway.

Barnet seasons is certainly a massive turn around.

We were sitting bottom of the table.....now after losing 1 game since playing Man utd we are sitting 6th with only 3pts behind 3rd place and could clinch a CL place.

Its been a massive rise for us this season. From 20th to 6th. We've beat some very good teams along the way.

A 4-2 win over Man City (which of course we had another goal dissallowed)

Then we beat West Ham in a match they were totally ****e. (same as above too)

Then we managed to sneak a win against Arsenal straight after them 2 games with my keeper having a super day.

We have some more important matches to play but the season is almost over and it looks like we could snap up a european place which would really be fantastic as our form has been brilliant of late.

West Ham's bubble bursts with a loud bang

After an excellent first half to the season, West Ham could not take their good form which had seen them climb to 2nd in the league into the new year. A disasterous run of 1 league win in something like 15 games saw us fall down to 6th in the league, with the added embarrasment of a defeat to Barnet, who made up for their 4-0 humiliation at Upton Park earlier in the season. icon_razz.gif

We were knocked out of the FA Cup by First Division QPR at the quarter final stage, which is disappointing as the competition would provide our best chance of qualifying for Europe. However, we are still in a decent position in the league, and have an outside chance of making the Champions League if we can just remember how to score goals and get a decent run of form.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's being a bit generous... icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's being a bit generous... icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah dont want to make you sound too ****e icon_biggrin.gif

After easily walking all over you last season I forgot that i needed to put at least 1 player on the field. icon_biggrin.gif

HARRIERS CLAIM TITLE

Kidderminster harriers have acheieved promotion fron the 2nd as champions!

Manager Mark Brown whos expectections were to avoid relagation said "It was a team effort but alot of praise must go to the new boys Roland Jansen and Michael Hodges who without there goals and class performances this would not have been possible"

The media have already written of Kidderminster chance of a 3rd promotion on the trot and have installed them as favourites for the drop , But manager Mark Brown has been busy in the transfer market is is hopeful of bringing together a team capable of staying afloat in the division, Linked name to the club include Steve Salmon and Mick Gould a central defender parntership which Brown used to have under him at Coventry in the Premiership. If anything it will be a interested summer at Kidderminster as Browns name has already been linked to a number of other jobs at higher placed clubs.

From 20th To ...........

To an amazing 4th place which should of been 3rd if we didnt have x amount of goals chopped of this season. (at least 25 were not counted icon_frown.gif )

Thanks to a fantastic 5-0 victory on the last day of the season the ex conference side managed to sneak into the Champions League.

A fantastic season end for the london club who seemed destined for relegation until a spark of inspiration set them on fire and they went with 1 defeat in around 20 games or so.

A brilliant debut season in the premiership which will be difficult to repeat with the big teams ready to splash out out millions to make sure their european football needs are achieved.

Zeitung to be published shortly.

The New Season is going very well indeed.

Better than I expected actually.

We are top of the league, yes you heard, top of the league and unbeaten.

We would of had a 100% record as we were all over liverpool and leading 1 - 0 after 66 mins when......a bloody stupid crash happened. So of course crashes are always against me as when we return i always lose.

We got a draw against pool this time round, the lucky <fill in your own word here> as yet again we had a pen turned down.

We've had so far 9pens turned down this season, yes 9 and we've only just started the season. Poor ref-fing. Very dissapointed with some of the decisions. Although there have been a lot of red cards flying about.

Roll on next week, hopefully the team can get back the performances of the first couple of games which included a 6-1 demolition of Spurs.

End of last season

An excellent finish to last season. While the manager was away (a combination of being lost in Glasgow and then being out on the **** as he couldnt get online), West Ham secured 3rd place, and the Champions League place that goes with it.

Start of this season

Good at times, absolute shíte at others. A 5-1 aggregate win over Sweden's AIK Solna saw us qualify for the Champions League, where we drew Standard Liege, Sporting Lisbon and Real Madrid. We have started well, winning both of our first 2 games, although next up is a double header with Real Madrid, so its not looking too good.

As for our league form, well its non-existent. A win at Newcastle on the opening day got us off to a good start. But since we were beaten 3-0 by a combination of Barnet and the referee, we have not won a game. This has caused friction amongst the squad, with players slagging each other off in the media. There are clearly problems to sort out if we are to stay up, and it will take all of my managerial skill and astuteness to do so.

icon_mad.gif

Silverwear returns to Anfield

After many years without success Liverpool in their first season under new management in shape of yours truly won the Div 1 Title and the FA Cup thus ensuring a European place during our first season back in the Premiership.

The board have suggested we may struggle in a relegation battle. Fellow managers within the clan feel a top five place is more likely. As for me….I’ll keep my head down and allow the results to do my talking.

icon_cool.gif

Silver you know you are in with a great chance of the league. icon_wink.gif

GUNNERS MISFIRING????

Well after the sensational league title win last year the gunners have had a very indifferent start to the season. An unlucky loss in the charity shield to Silver's Liverpool led me to change my tactics which has led to not a lot of winning for the Gunners. icon_frown.gif A couple of draws and defeats to teams whom Arsenal should be thrashing maybe has put paid to a decent run for the title this year even at this early stage.

In the Champions League a volatile clash at Highbury with Dortmund led to two Arsenal players being sent off and the Arsenal going down 4-2. They then followed that up with a very disappointing draw away to Rosenborg, who bought superman in to be their goalkeeper for the night.

So hopefully I can regain some form and challenge for the Champions League and domestic cups as I believe the league will not be coming back to Highbury this year. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Silverfox:

Oh yeah...I forgot about that Andy, Folks, I won the Charity Shield icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you won't be so lucky in the league when Shane Tolley fires a couple past your team. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Silverfox:

Oh yeah...I forgot about that Andy, Folks, I won the Charity Shield icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah you won't be so lucky in the league when Shane Tolley fires a couple past your team. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooooh, sounds like a challange icon_biggrin.gif

Title Staying In London??

Well it certainly could be staying in London again this season.

Having a brilliant season with Barnet atm. We're top of the prem without a defeat to our name, of course we've been close but we just managed to edge out.

12 games played out record is 11 wins and 1 draw in which we have scored 35 goals and conceded only 7 goals. This gives us a 6pt cushion from Man Utd who certainly gonna be there all the way if we can keep our good form up.

Champs League has also gone well as we managed to qualify as the Winners of the group which consisted of Inter, HSV and Clubbe Brugge, our next group is certainly a lot harder as Bayern, Roma and Liege stand in our way of qualification. Our debut in CL has certainly been a good one even before a ball has been kicked in the 2nd Group Stage.

League Cup we managed to defeat Villa in the 3rd round to set up a tie against Millwall which we will hopefully win to make set up a tie against West Ham or Darlington (i think it was).

Pool - In the deep end

Our first season back in the Prem is fast becoming a struggle. Quality players are not yet interested in joining us and this makes the rebuilding program very difficult. We have two problems at present, we concede too many goals and don’t score enough.

Sitting mid table I now know my main goal is to stay clear of the relegation battle. The UEFA cup games bring a welcome distraction to the Prem but our games to date have been against on paper easy competition but we’ve made hard work of it.

I remain confident about my tactics, I just need to find cheap alternative quality players to fit into them. The search continues and the four year plan is still in tact.

GUNNERS REVIVAL!!

Well my resurgent Gunners have made somewhat of a comeback to put themselves back in the hunt for some silverware this season. Wins againt Liverpool, table topping Barnet and West Ham have all helped in the surge up the league and into contention again. Shane Tolley has refound that scoring touch and I have accquired a sensational goalkeeper in the form of Boja Canizares who was bought from Standard Leige for the sum of £4 million. Other new signing Rebello has started to perform which is helping the Arsenal cause now. Another stand out has been the form of teenage senssation Andrew Patterson who is keeping recent signing Atkinson out of the starting line up.

Downpoints of have been the miserable form in the Champions league which saw them elimated but a last day 3-0 home win over Rosenborg at least secured a UEFA Cup spot in which the progressed past some Turkish mob. I now face PAOK in the next round. icon_smile.gif I also was defeated in the league cup on penalties against Charlton when we really should have beaten them easily.

West Ham slightly less cráp than they were, but still not very good...

Following the disasterous start to the season, which left us in the relegation zone, things picked up a bit at the weekend. We're now well in contention for a UEFA Cup place after a decent run of results, and my two Italian AMC's finally starting to show why I signed them. That, and the return to form of de Vries and Kopke has pushed us up the league, despite some poor results against the 'smaller' teams, in particular the consecutive defeats to Barnet. icon_wink.gif

In Europe, we've started the 2nd stage of the Champions league reasonably well. We won our first game against Feyenoord, but lost away to Rangers due to a combination of poor finishing, shíte defending and terrible refereeing - I still say that ref was Hugh Dallas' regen...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> mebubcat

AH - Multiple Accounts Cull - Kris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Andy H

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, banned... icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Apollo:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, banned... icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Board still fúcked I see... icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Apollo:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, banned... icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow thats some alias he has there to use 2 pc's at the same time, 1 in Coventry and 1 in Glasgow. Maybe he has cloned himself icon_biggrin.gif

Robbo: Most probably still is, wouldnt suprise me.

Nice didnt know i had two accounts apollo , thanks for that but u have ruined my plan of letting Coventry have all of arsenals(not sure they have got any) good players for really cheap prices , and there goes my 6 points i get each year by letting myself win icon_frown.gif. Thanks but get ur facts straight before butting in and telling me i am banned! . Or is it true anyone ever seen me and andy in the same place at the same time icon_wink.gif

Johnston leaves man utd for derby??

Yes thats right, johnston sensatonal quit man utd for derby county who were sitting 20th in division 1. The news came as a shock to many, and when asked why he left utd, johnston just said "i've been finding life at utd a boring in recent months. The time to go was at the end of last season after winning the cl, but i decided to stick with it till a job that appealed to me came along"

Johnston did however leave utd on a high, hammering arsenal 4-1 at highbury, to all but end their title hopes.

lol lol lol

Well anyway

Barnet Still Top

Yep, Amazing, considering the suspensions and injuries suffered to some of our first team regulars we've been having to but some very tired players in. Our results have been ok but probably would of have been better if the players out would have played.

But, we're top of the table still with 6pts and only 9games left to play, hopefully we can hold out and win, yes you heard, Barnet hopefully win the Premiership, its gonna be very tight and right down to the last game but hopefully we'll take the crown and show the rest of the premiership that even with no bloody money and no ridicules high wages and no massive stadium the title can be won icon_smile.gif

We're inviting Uri Geller to our next 9 games so bring some positive energy into the club, if you believe you can win you will win icon_biggrin.gif hehe

Ok maybe not icon_smile.gif

Newcastle BROWN ale

Since my last post as Kidderminster manager life in the hot sit has been manic , taking kidderminster to the top of the league(div 1) and then leaving to take up my old post at Highfeild rd who were fighting a relegation battle. However having sky blue blood running through my veins i managed to motivate the troops and drag them up to mid table with no worrys of relegation, all seemed dandy until Newcastle came a knocking. Such a big job required a big manager so naturally i said yes , already sitting midtable but with no chance of getting cl football i have set about building a squad for the following season. In came to the fans surprize Jimmy Moore for £17m who had been having a great season for liverpool , edde claus £7m also from liverpool and Fleming for £6m from grismby. Moore was quoted as saying 'The chance to join Newcastle and sample the great north east atmosphere was too much, i'm looking forward to taking this club to new heights which have not been seen for a long time round here and feel with Brown at the helm my ambitions can be achieved here' My aims for this season are to find a solid formations for the players i have got and hopefully lifting the f.a cup although we have a very tricky tie away to man city in the quaters. But if that fails u may find me in shagging the same waitress that gullit and gazza had as she has been extremly friendly and has show me all the best site in newcastle icon_wink.gificon_eek.gif

Torquay United - Remember them ? icon_biggrin.gif

In a surprise move, I ended my relatively successful spell as West Ham manager tonight, having taken them from 1st Division relegation candidates to the champions league quarter finals. My new club? None other than my old UCMIG team Torquay Utd !

Primarily, the aim for this season is to successfully take part in the few remaining league fixtures, as there is no chance of promotion or relegation from the Conference. Next season I intend to push for promotion to the football league. There is an 8 year plan in place, by the end of which I intend to have Torquay playing Premier League football in 2022. Make your own mind up about whether that will happen or not. icon_smile.gif

Derby miss out on play-offs by a point

After a very succesfull first half season at the club, derby missed out on 6h play by a single point, losing out in a final day game to Chelsea. Despite this dissapointment, it was still an encouraging start to his derby career for Johnston.

When he took over they were sitting in 20th place, but after some impressive displays, drawing with 2 promoted teams rushden and wolves, and beating reading on the 3rd last game they managed to get within 90mins off the play-off, but it wasn't to be

When asked about his first season in charge johnston commented: "We made a great start and put in some very impressive displays, but in the end lacked the conviction to go up. Some of the players let the team and the club down, especially hooper who was superb at the start, but then just decided to stop playing for some reason".

The future does however look very bright for derby was a lot of impressive youngsters on their way in next season.

The Title Stays In London, But Not With Us icon_frown.gif

Unfortunatley with this completely ridiculus congested fixture list that seems to happen in CM (SI please if your reading this, do something about it as i always end up playing about 10leagues in a space of 15days)

Anyway, away from the complaining, our aim was to avoid relegation, we have successfully met the objective set by the board by finishing Runners Up to the champions Arsenal, only by 1 point, could of been ours but with a relative small squad, injuries and suspensions and a lot of tired players it wasnt to be our seasons.

Our reserves also enjoyed a very successful cup run by finishing runners up in the league cup to liverpool's first team, a close final only won by 1-0 so the reserves did well for me in that respect.

But to top it all off. oh yes you thought that was it?? you really did didnt you. Well, 6seasons ago we were in the conference, battling our way through we have managed, yes this is incredible, i am proud to announce the NEW yes you heard NEW Kings of Europe.

European Champions League Winners BARNET

The fans and board more than delighted. icon_smile.gif

Dont forget everyone, EFB Zeitung gonna be published Mid-Week icon_smile.gif

GUNNERS MAKE IT TWO IN A ROW!!! WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!!!

The Premiership title one of the most prized possessions in football today returned to Arsenal Football Club after a dramatic finale to the title race between Arsenal and Barnet who in a sense threw the title away but the Gunners still had to win their games to keep up the pressure and finally overtake them. A close 3-2 win at Highbury over their closest rivals Barnet turned the title race in their favour. This made up for the disappointment of their early season form when they got embarrassed in the Champions League and also in the League Cup.

The fans gathered outside Highbury chanting Hepburn's name for hours after their 2-1 away win over Hepburn's former Cardiff team. One fan commented,

" This is the best day of my life thanks to our new manager Hepburn. He has taken the team back to where they belong and hopefully next year we can conquer Europe".

The only down point of the latter part of the season was the very unlucky UEFA Cup defeat at the hands of Schalke who looked almost embarrassed at picking up their winners medals.

So it onwards and upwards for the Gunners hopefully next year being the year when a serious challenge is going to be made in the Champions League. New faces will be brought to strengthen their position domestically as well as in Europe. Now all the other lads in EFB:

STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS, STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS!!!

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

So it onwards and upwards for the Gunners hopefully next year being the year when a serious challenge is going to be made in the Champions League. New faces will be brought to strengthen their position domestically as well as in Europe. Now all the other lads in EFB:

_STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS, STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS!!!_

icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mickey mouse competition that Premiership icon_biggrin.gif

You wanna play proper teams like Barnet did in the champions league icon_smile.gif

Cup Double

Both the FA Cup (retained from last year) and the League Cup were added to the trophy cabinet making it four cups in two years.

Our first season in the Prem saw us finish mid table. Thanks to the FA Cup win we’ll get the opportunity to play in the UEFA cup again. It’s our hope to go further than the QF this time.

The rebuilding of the squad is taking much longer than I had hoped for. I’m still very unhappy with the quality I have in certain positions. We badly need some top-notch players but for some reason we are not yet able to attract them.

The remaining two inherited players were sold off against my wishes but their moral was starting to cause unrest amongst the other players and newspaper reports were getting hold of stories from them or their agents so I had to bite the bullet.

This coming year is a big for me and my four year plan to win the Premiership Title. I need at least a top three place this season. Wish me luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

This coming year is a big for me and my four year plan to win the Premiership Title. I need at least a top three place this season. Wish me luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance silver, we all know you're nothing more than a good cup side :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by kjohnston1511:

Yes well done andy, enjoy it while you can, cause just like that so called team you support irl, it'll never be 3 in a row!! :p

Oh and division 1> premier league now <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSSHH child!! icon_razz.gif

One win against the big team and you's all think you are gonna win the league. Your living in dreamland. The Bhoys will be back and will win the next old firm match, followed by the next and the next.

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

This coming year is a big for me and my four year plan to win the Premiership Title. I need at least a top three place this season. Wish me luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance silver, we all know you're nothing more than a good cup side :p<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly hasnt met expectations this season with the money he's been splashing out and wages he can afford icon_smile.gif

I was expecting a title chase from them this season, im sure Silver can make up for it in the new season though by spending many more millions. icon_smile.gif

SSSHH child!! icon_razz.gif

One win against the big team and you's all think you are gonna win the league. Your living in dreamland. The Bhoys will be back and will win the next old firm match, followed by the next and the next.

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!!! icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I make that 6 without defeat for us against your lot, 3 of them wins icon_razz.gif Face the facts hepburn your team is no longer "amazingly brilliant" as o'neill likes to think icon_smile.gif

P.S. You were moved on saturday off the top of the table as i remember icon_cool.gif

Archived