Englisher Fussball Bund

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

_WBA update_

Anyway the season started well for us, having won all 5games in the league, what else is to say, WBA is aiming for the title again in Germany finish 3rd at best icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in England ofcourse icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

%"#$/)%/"#) i f*cking cant edit or what?! icon_mad.gif In England, and Villa will finish 3rd at best icon_frown.gif

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_WBA update_

Anyway the season started well for us, having won all 5games in the league, what else is to say, WBA is aiming for the title again in Germany finish 3rd at best icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in England ofcourse icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

%"#$/)%/"#) i f*cking cant edit or what?! icon_mad.gif In England, and _Villa_ will finish 3rd at best icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an idiot icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif You could of have asked me icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURPS:

Good luck with Barnet Goldy, Brave step going down to the conference. Just beat those jock muppetts m8, what the hell do they know about footie anyhow icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Turps, was a big decision to make but i needed a new challenge to enjoy the game, Barnet needed a manager. Doing quite well so far icon_smile.gif

Well they were coming and going tonite through out the sessions.

The almighty Barnet started off really well as we began the session with three 4-0 wins, we then drew 0-0 and from then on i think we won every game, only conceded about 9 goals in 23 games too, something like that anyway, set a new Barnet record with 13wins on the trot.

All in all a perfect session as we also progressed through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup to play Wolves.

Its looking good for promotion even though we're only half way through the season but the 16point gap and game in hand is definatly of some confidence to go and get the title and get another step nearer our main goal of premiership football icon_smile.gif

Quite a bad session for Villa tonight. We started off well, beating WBA 3-1 away and Man City 3-0 away. Then we lost to both Anderlecht and Bayern away in the Champions League, leaving us needing to beat Sporting Lisbon at home to qualify for round 2. We won 4-0 in the end, with keeper Luca Valentini getting on the scoresheet with a late penalty. In round 2 we draw Denmark's FC Copenhagen, Spanish giants Real Madrid, and English team icon_razz.gif Glasgow Rangers. It is unlikely that we'll win the group after losing 2-1 in the Bernabeu, albeit with an excellent performance, but our easy 2-0 win at home to Euro duds Rangers means that 2nd place is a possibility.

Domestically, we were shíte for most of the session, other than the 2 wins over human managers. We only managed a 1-1 draw at home to rivals Coventry thanks to a 92nd minute Dean Ashton equaliser. We lost twice to Man Utd, albeit in the league game we were playing a weakened team as we had a crucial European game 2 days later. Still, those, and several other draws and defeats to supposedly worse teams leaves us down in 8th at the end of December. We do have 2 games in hand on most teams though, and if we can win them we can go up to 4th.

The signing of Johnnier Montano from Inter will hopefully give our non-scoring attack the kick up the arse it needs. A new 3-1-3-1-2 formation has added more strength to the defence, after the computer cracked my 2-7-1 all out attack tactic. However, the human managers have not cracked this tactic (Mr Koprivnik, Mr Vermeer I'm looking in your direction icon_biggrin.gif ), so it may come in useful for future thrashings of West Brom and City. icon_smile.gif

A special mention must also go to European champions WBA 1-3 2nd Division Southampton. Oops. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

Aims for season 2009/10? Again, qualify for the Champions league is the minimum target, possibly go one better and win the League title too. Getting past the first group stage of the Champions League would be nice, though I'm not bothered if i don't.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL steve, you got no chance at winning the league, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct icon_frown.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

HEPBURN STEADIES THE SHIP THAT IS CARDIFF FC.

Well after the events of last season, Cardiff re - appointed manager Andrew Hepburn after it was revealed it was a mistake to sack him in the first place. Chairman Sam Hamman Said, " I believe we made an error in sacking Hepburn after the new manager's dismal performance in charge".

Onto the new season then. It has been an unspectacular season for Cardiff as players left or have over stayed their welcome at the club. They started off very well with a couple of wins but since then they seem to been winning a couple then losing a couple. Inconsistency has cost them any hope of achieving big things. An early league cup exit to Notts County justified these inconsistencies. In the FA Cup they lost to third division Barnet in a very one sided contest. Hopefully this season they finally get rid of all the old players and highly paid under achievers and bring in some fresh talent ready to maybe mount a decent to challenge to all the teams in the league and hopefully get a good cup run or two.

Saints March On

Southampton are looking good to clinch the 2nd division championship after an excellent 16 game unbeaten run which now sees them 11 points clear at the top.

Manager Farwell had this to say - " Well although the board decided to cash in on Michael Chopra it at least gave me the cash to strengthen the squad and I've brought in Jorge , Kevin Kyle and John Rankin who will all benefit the club as a whole I'm sure. If things keep going as they are then I think we'll be going up come season's end". His optimism was welcomed by fans. Watch this space as the season comes to a climax.

Villa in a right mess and going down - or so I thought....

After an unbelievably shíte mid - season (yes, even by my standards), it looked like Aston Villa would be in for a relegation battle. An unbelievable run of draws, and a few embarrasing defeats thrown in (QPR in the cup, and very nearly against Darlington too), Villa were falling down the table at an alarming rate. The signing of young Dutchman Martin Jannsen, who has scored 11 in 11 games so far has boosted the previously gash attack, as has the return from injury of the excellent Joao Paiva. Roberto Mantovani also signed from Torino, the young D/DMRLC adding to the already large Italian group at the club. Dutch under 21 keeper Denis Kooistra was given a first team place at the expense of the once-good Luca Valentini, who this season was making Tony Caig look like Lev Yashin.

We returned to Champions league action after the winter break, and beat unfancied Danes FC Copenhagen both home and away. A win against Rangers at Castle Greyskull would secure qualification for the quarter finals. However, to the amazement of everyone, Rangers won thanks to a penalty. icon_razz.gif This left us with the near impossible task of needing to beat Real Madrid at home to go through.

Aston Villa 2-1 Real Madrid. 2 Early goals from Joao Paiva and Portugese teenager Bruno Santos cancelled out a Raul goal to put Villa into the quarter finals for the first time in history. All eyes are now on the draw to see who we get in the knockout stages. It is unlikely we'll go any further though, as quality teams like Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid and West Brom still remain in the cup.

In the league, our form has improved as well. Good wins over Arsenal and Fulham amongst others pushed us up the league, and we're now in with an outside chance of making the top 4, although WBA are too far ahead in 1st to catch. Despite us amazingly beating them 6-2, with a Paolo Cannavaro double, a Joao Paiva hat trick and Johnier Montano sealing the humiliation of our new local rivals, now that the wee team ( icon_wink.gif )'s manager Mark has left for Notts County.

icon_smile.gif

Aston Villa...

... Were complete shíte for most of 2009/10. We were hammered 5-1 on aggregate by Dortmund in the Champions League quarter finals. At that time, we were still in with a shout of sneaking a Champions League place, but it was unlikely because of inconsistent league form. Going into our last 4 games, we needed 4 wins to have a chance of finishing 4th. We won all 4, but as usual, we were denied 4th spot by a late Leeds winner in their match, meaning we had to settle for 5th, and UEFA Cup football along with Barnet. icon_redface.gif

So, to sum up our season: League - Not great, FA Cup - ****e, Mickey Mouse Cup - ****e, Champions League - Surprisingly good. Next season, we really have to challenge WBA and Man U for the title, and after a summer clearout hopefully we will have the players to do that.

Good session for Barnet too.

We managed to clinch the 3rd division crown with only 1 defeat all season. Giving us 1 Defeat in 88 League Games. icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Mighty Barnet also managed to get into the Europe, yes you heard right, Barnet will be representing england in the Uefa cup next season as we managed a blistering FA Cup run which saw us go all the way to the final icon_smile.gif

EFB Zeitung will be published within the next couple of days icon_smile.gif

Saints march to Div 2 title

Southampton fans were in ecstasy today as their team wrapped up the 2nd division title with an impressive 99 points. A good run of form towards the end of the season made sure of Saints superb finish to the season. Manager Farwell was unavailable for comment as he was seen entering the dressing room with a crate of beer to celebrate with his players.

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW!!

The title says it all really. This season my Cardiff team are gonna go through a major face change. All the high wage old duds are going to be sent out of the club and new fresh young players will be brought in. Last season was very disappointing for my team. A mid table finish and out of both cups very early said it all really. During pre season I sent my scouts out on a major player search, taking in the sun of Portugal and France. Both nations have a great knack of turning out major players at knock down prices. The results were excellent. As pre season went on I decided against buying any players but improving my backroom staff as I added a couple of scouts to my staff. I am giving my current squad a chance to prove themselves worthy of a place at Cardiff FC.

Well onto the new season and it has been an impressive start for Cardiff. Six games into the season and I have only lost once so far which is a shock. icon_eek.gif

I have played a couple of title hopefuls in Arsenal and Man Utd and drew with both although both games I felt I should have won. The only defeat I have suffered was at the hands of Ipswich. So things are looking a bit more positive for the team from Wales.

icon_cool.gif

Villa off to a flyer

Decent start to the new season for Villa. Apart from a 0-4 defeat at Man Utd, where we fell apart after getting a man sent off, we won all our games. After last season's 5th place finish, we had to settle for a UEFA Cup place. We were drawn against Italian giants Sampdoria in a tricky looking 1st Round tie. However, we managed to win the away leg 5-0, so barring a Scotland-like disaster in the 2nd leg, we should go through.

If you want an update that badly, then type one up yourself... icon_smile.gif

Now that Goldy has a job and is less of an insomniac, he doesn't have as much time.

icon_biggrin.gif

As Robbo said, i have a job now and i certainly dont have as much time as i did when i didnt have it.

But if you got plenty of time on your hands then you could do the zeitung, i mean you could send it to me to check if its ok and if it is then you can post it icon_smile.gif

Once i start working on this weird shift pattern they got at work i might have a little more time to spend.

But it will be back. Im actually thinking of some new ideas for it, if any of you guys have any ideas for it too then pass them on, after all its "our" game icon_smile.gif

See you tonite guys, i just got back from work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Thank feck here was me thinking our game was off for the first time ever almost!! But thankfully it isn't. icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i couldnt host i'd have other options to make sure the game was gonna be running icon_smile.gif

Cardiff Going Places????

That is the question on every Cardiff fans lips at the moment as Hepburn has returned Cardiff into the top ten is the Premiership. He has taken the team and given them a good kick up the backside pre season and it seems to have paid dividends with the players. They are now performing well most weeks but Hepburn still wants more. He commented, " Yeah the boys have done well this season but to finish in the top ten is not good enough. I want the team challenging for the title and pushing for a European spot". This season Cardiff have been as high as 5th in the league but just recently the team have went off the boil but are still in with a great chnace of European football. Cardiff went out of both cups early. The FA Cup served up two fantastic cup ties between Cardiff and Man Utd. Man Utd did have the better of the two games but Cardiff did put up a great fight in both games. It took an extra time winner to put the out of the cup.

So the future at Ninian Park is bright. Hopefully we can finish in a European spot as it would be a great end to the season if we achieve this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mebubcat:

You have moved clubs that often paul , u are what i call a gypsy icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The number of clubs youve had in the last couple of seasons makes Paul look like the world's longest serving manager icon_biggrin.gif

Villa fall apart

After an excellent start to the season both in the League and in Europe, we were looking good for success in both competitions. Having taken apart Sporting Lisbon 6-1 in the UEFA Cup 2nd round, we were drawn against Feyenoord of Holland. After somehow managing to lose the away leg 0-4, we drew 0-0 at home and crashed out of Europe, which was made worse by Barnet still being in the competition. icon_eek.gif

In the league, we were sittign just behind Man Utd in 2nd spot after Saturday's session. However, with me turning up late on Sunday, we lost something like 8 out of 10 games over the Christmas period, and I came back to find us 4th, and 15pts off the top. A rare defeat to WBA didn't help things, but we're slowly getting back up the league now, and a CL return is almost guaranteed, but our chances of the title are probably gone. We play WBA in the FA cup semis after beating Man Utd 3-2 in the quartes, and Kris's side shouldn't give us too many problems judging by their recent record against us. icon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Can you believe that Scotland U19's beat the almighty Solvenian U19's team 2-1!!!! After this result they are crying out for a manager to take them places!! Kris are you the chosen one?? Oh no wait icon_eek.gif they have no money so Kris would be a pish manager. Maybe you could play for them instead?? icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Just so you remember Kris - SCOTLAND > SLOVENIA!!!

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by if you don't like me, your sister will:

Yeah but i could easily make profit there as i did with WBA Well about the Slovenia game, who cares? We had FA Cup evening here so the best youngster played in the cup games <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emm... the game was played a few days ago you solvenian hoop!! icon_razz.gif

Graeme Weir scored for Scotland as well \o/

Andy, you're not implying that Mr. Koprivnik relies on big money signings for his success, are you? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Robbo:

Andy, you're not implying that Mr. Koprivnik relies on big money signings for his success, are you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me.... imply that about our saviour and new egotistical maniac Kris. Feck damn right I am. icon_razz.gif

Kris I am saving myself in this game managerial wise but I do love ripping the **** out of you. Much more fun than winning!!! icon_razz.gif

Oh Steve I won't be playing tomorrow night as I am away to stay at my g/f's sister's house. But will be there on Sunday. Kris beware your daady will be in full fighting form!! icon_razz.gif

Some Very Sad News icon_frown.gif

Today I received some sad news. Paul, nickname Moonraker will be leaving EFB due to circumstances beyond his control.

Paul is an exceptional player and fitted into the group very well indeed, he is very reliable and is also a very good manager. Of course, the door will be open for him if his circumstances change.

I hope you enjoyed EFB because I certainly enjoyed having you in the game and i would probably think the rest of the group did aswell. All the best mate.

Notice Board

Although Moonraker is leaving EFB we will NOT and i'll repeat that, we will NOT be replacing him. So there are no spaces available.

Aww who is going to give us those rhymes every week now. icon_frown.gif

Seriously, that is a real shame about Paul leaving the clan. He was a good manager and a top bloke. I wish you all the best and maybe if circumstances change in future we can get you back playing our net game. Take care mate.

Been a pleasure lads. Things may ease off a bit towards Xmas and I'll see about coming back then.Hope you all continue to have success and I'll look forward to taking on some more rejects when I come back icon_smile.gif. This is a top clan with top players and I've enjoyed every minute. As things stand atm it's getting difficult to fit the game in with things going on at work and home but as I said I'll look to come back in nearer xmas if that's ok with Goldy.

There was an old player called Moonraker who took jobs on like an undertaker.

He'd resurrect 1 club then had enough rub and take on another with no other takers. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Time for change at Villa

After a disappointing 4th place finish in the Premier League in season 2010/11, I decided that I had taken Aston Villa as far as I could, and handed in my resignation. Having taken Villa from the bottom half of Division 1 to the Champions League, we were not able to make the jump from a top 4 team to championship challengers, so I felt it was time for a new challenge.

After manager Bob Bloomer had left for Everton, struggling Division 1 side West Ham were looking for a new manager. Having heard that I had left Villa, they immediately offered me the position of manager, which I accepted. The immediate aim will be to win promotion to the premiership, and with a 40,000 seater stadium and a reasonable amount of money, this is a good chance to win my 4th Division 1 title in EFB. icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately, the squad is not great, so there will be a lot of changes in the pre season in an attempt to improve on last season's 13th place finish and challenge for promotion in a tough looking league.

Double delight for United

After last seasons league cup and uefa cup double, man u followed it up with a superb league title and european cup double. The league was one in style with a new points record of 97 being set, and finishing 6 ahead of WBA. In the european cup and 2-0 final win over lazio thanks to an anelka and da souza goals put man u back at the top of european football. Adter the match johnston had this to say: "i'm absolutely delighted with the performance of the lads this season, there was a lot of inexperienced players in the squad, but the all showed they are top class players, and helped put man u back to the top where we belong. I cant wait for next season now, with saviola and wilnis already on their way in for a combined fee of 44m, i look forward to trying to defend our titles"

Barnet Continue In Cruise Control

Finally Barnet rounded up their next league title as they steamrolled their way through Div2. A fantastic season for the club breaking old division 2 records on their way. The goals and points records previously set were demolished by Barnet to take them into a bigger challenge of Div1.

League success was followed by a brilliant european run which saw them get to the quarter final, of course they didnt win but they wernt far off as we went down 3-0 on agg against last seasons champions league winners Dortmund.

EFB Zeitung will be published later on this week so just hang in their guys icon_smile.gif

I'm forever blowing bubbles...

No, this isn't about Michael Jackson, but in fact my first few games as West Ham boss. So far we're 2nd in the league at the end of November, with an almost 100% record, spoiled only by a shock 2-4 humiliation away to Barnet. icon_frown.gif

We were knocked out of the Mickey Mouse cup by Chelsea in the 2nd round, but I'm not really bothered about that, as it isn't the quality tournament it used to be. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

_I'm forever blowing bubbles..._

No, this isn't about Michael Jackson, but in fact my first few games as West Ham boss. So far we're 2nd in the league at the end of November, with an almost 100% record, spoiled only by a shock 2-4 humiliation away to Barnet. icon_frown.gif

We were knocked out of the Mickey Mouse cup by Chelsea in the 2nd round, but I'm not really bothered about that, as it isn't the quality tournament it used to be. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shock result against Barnet, absolutely pathetic defeat for the hammers, fancy losing to teams like Barnet icon_biggrin.gif

lol yeah with teams like Barnet getting to the quarters of the league cup it really has lost its magic, at least the **** teams are out now icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Barnet Barnet Barnet

Well opening fixture in Division 1 saw us lose to Sheff Wed, it was a close game which we eventually lost 3-2. It seemed to be the start of a very difficult season with some really quality teams. Our fixture list didnt seem to good either as we faced the top few teams for the first few fixtures, no easy games (apart from West Ham icon_wink.gif ).

Well grindind a few wins after our 1st day dissapointments the next couple of games were against the top 2 teams in the league, West Ham and Darlington, was hoping to get a point for satisfaction.

West ham started off well and took the lead, until we got out of reverse and put it into first, then went on to win 4-2 which could of been more. Of course this seemed to have kicked off our season as Darlington were completely destroyed 7-0 icon_smile.gif

Current status : Div 1 leaders with around 6pts lead from 2nd place West Ham.

Our reserves also beat Leeds in the league cup, think we're in the quarters now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

We were knocked out of the Mickey Mouse cup by Chelsea in the 2nd round, but I'm not really bothered about that, as it isn't the quality tournament it used to be. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shock result against Barnet, absolutely pathetic defeat for the hammers, fancy losing to teams like Barnet icon_biggrin.gif

lol yeah with teams like Barnet getting to the quarters of the league cup it really has lost its magic, at least the **** teams are out now icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're concentrating on the league. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

lol yeah with teams like Barnet getting to the quarters of the league cup it really has lost its magic, at least the **** teams are out now icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're concentrating on the league. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the fúck?!? icon_confused.gif

How was I logged in as Coly?

Board must still be fúcked... icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived