FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hiya, I'm trying to setup a network game but am getting the msg 'unable to connect to server'.

We're both running the same version, both taken off firewall and virus protector.

He's on AOL and I'm with Pipex, I have a speedtouch modem and he's on modem.

Please help as we've tried everyting for the last week.

thanks

Kiel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDJKR:

Hi i just wondered why the matches box has to be unticked to play an online game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really just to make the game run faster so people are not waiting around all the time.

WalkinshawHSV - Really don't think you should be posting about your mate illegally getting FM off the net and thats prolly why he can't join either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDJKR:

Hi i just wondered why the matches box has to be unticked to play an online game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really just to make the game run faster so people are not waiting around all the time.

WalkinshawHSV - Really don't think you should be posting about your mate illegally getting FM off the net and thats prolly why he can't join either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then why can he join my other mates game and not mien when mines the proper version aswell?

Hi me and my friends set up an online game.

We all have able computers and settin uo etc was not a problem.

However we arranged a pre season friendly cup and when we played each other it seemed to "glitch".

the scorline vaired and it showed replays of random parts of the game.This happened a few time and I am just wondering what is going on?

Cheers

Hey,

I'm just wondering why there aren't many clans out there. I was well into the online scene a few years ago and there were ao many opportunites to join a clan! (EMA (english managers association, English Fussball bund (sp) All great fun. Now it seems they've died out.

I hope its just the new game coming out not because they've lost interest.

Well EFB was running until this version. As host I just got sick of all the hassle I got from people not turning up etc and in the end just could not put up with it any longer.

Paul Bray who ran EMA does not really come on the boards anymore, prolly due to other commitemnts.

Suppose it's just life but there are still a fair few clans out there and that maybe have replaced the old ones but the online scene is still going strong.

what FAO what black heading, sorry that i'm a bit confused.. everything is new for me right know.. and this is the first tiome asking, i just bacame a member here for about 6,5 minutes ago

Originally posted by Super Shot:

Hey,

I'm just wondering why there aren't many clans out there. I was well into the online scene a few years ago and there were ao many opportunites to join a clan! (EMA (english managers association, English Fussball bund (sp) All great fun. Now it seems they've died out.

I hope its just the new game coming out not because they've lost interest.

Well EFB was running until this version. As host I just got sick of all the hassle I got from people not turning up etc and in the end just could not put up with it any longer.

Paul Bray who ran EMA does not really come on the boards anymore, prolly due to other commitemnts.

Suppose it's just life but there are still a fair few clans out there and that maybe have replaced the old ones but the online scene is still going strong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Braziljant:

what FAO what black heading, sorry that i'm a bit confused.. everything is new for me right know.. and this is the first tiome asking, i just bacame a member here for about 6,5 minutes ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you being serious? You cannot miss the black header at the top of the forum, it's there as soon as you come into the FM online forum. The FAO is also at the top of the forum. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I try to play via internet with a friend, i create a server and when he types the IP adress in the network game there is a message "unable to find server".

What can we do about this?????????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try to play via internet with a friend, i create a server and when he types the IP adress in the network game there is a message "unable to find server".

What can we do about this??????????

thewhitestripe - The FAO gives a detailed guide as to how to set up again. If your having trouble then you by linked this thread. Have a read through it and see if anyone has had similar problems like yourself. You prolly won't be able to host at uni due to routers/firewalls etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Please give us more details than that. Refer to the very first post on the format you should follow. THe more info you can give us the better. icon_smile.gif

Think you may need to reconfigure your firewall and router again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My firewall has been switched off and he still can't connect to me i am using a netgear dg834g router do you think the patch has changed my router setting if so what should thet be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul33:

Please give us more details than that. Refer to the very first post on the format you should follow. THe more info you can give us the better. icon_smile.gif

Think you may need to reconfigure your firewall and router again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My firewall has been switched off and he still can't connect to me i am using a netgear dg834g router do you think the patch has changed my router setting if so what should thet be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The patch hasnt changed your router settings.

Just check your configuration again, if any ports need to be forwarded etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul33:

My firewall has been switched off and he still can't connect to me i am using a netgear dg834g router do you think the patch has changed my router setting if so what should thet be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The patch hasnt changed your router settings.

Just check your configuration again, if any ports need to be forwarded etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take its exactly the same ports as before that needs forwarding?

Yes its the same ports, nothing has changed there at all.

As I say, just double check your settings and get your friend to double check theirs, you never know, someone else may have been on the pc and changed something, its all possible!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Yes its the same ports, nothing has changed there at all.

As I say, just double check your settings and get your friend to double check theirs, you never know, someone else may have been on the pc and changed something, its all possible! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok mate will give it a try thanks for your help.

Hiya All. Me my housemate and another friend have been playing a 3 player network game. We all tried to join back into the game and myself and my friend did it no problem but my housemate can see the server but everytime he clicks on West Brom (his team to take control back)he keeps being booted back to the servers screen. We have been playing fine for about 3 weeks, and this has just happened without warning. I have also noticed before he clicks to resume as manager of WBA the area at the top which shows game status the IP adress bar is blank. Is this the cause of the problems, and ifso what can we do about it?

Cheers

Hi, ive been trying to do an online game with two m8's but everytime we try to connect it never seems to work we went through the manual and through what it said on the forum but still didnt work could any one help us!

Ty in advance

Please help me and my friend are esperate to play a network game. Iwent through the manuel and got my ip address but when he entered that in it didnt work.

Please HELP

We done everything in manuel said, then tried this site but it didnt work, i turned on run as server and i even turned off move matches for tv. It just seis unable to connect to server can any help any ideas...please answer

You say post here and itll get answered hurry up to tbh for such a big company there should be enough people who know how :/

My orginal message:

We done everything in manuel said, then tried this site but it didnt work, i turned on run as server and i even turned off move matches for tv. It just seis unable to connect to server can any help any ideas...please answer

Hi, got a bit of a problem. Just tried to start my first network game as host, and once the game had finished loading,it froze.i left it for about an hour but no luck. Then, the person i was networking with became host and it worked fine. Then when i went to new user, it crashed again!

Anyone got any ideas?

Hello i am very stuck plz help lol

basically i want to play an online game but whne ever i done the ip address i cant up "unable to connect to server" i have tryed it with many other fm uses can sum1 plz help asap???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marty_d87:

Hi, got a bit of a problem. Just tried to start my first network game as host, and once the game had finished loading,it froze.i left it for about an hour but no luck. Then, the person i was networking with became host and it worked fine. Then when i went to new user, it crashed again!

Anyone got any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think something is blocking your connection. Could be a router or a firewall or both so you will have to configure them to allow FM.

Mooro06 can you please post in proper english and stop using text speak thanks. Again if you have any routers/firewalls you will have to configure them to allow FM.

Hi,

Im having the same problem as paul33 (sent him an email). Here is what we're running:

Me:

winxp

firewall

router (with firewall) configured

im running as server

Friend:

winxp

firewall

router

Ok so down to the problem. We were running an online game fine for a few months (apart from occasional crash while playing each other). We both patched and now it wont work. when he tries to connect it brings him to a new game with no users. While on my game status he pops up for a split second then disappears. Also i have tried changing some game preferences click confirm, but when i go back in they're back to original. So i pretty sure the patch is a waste but i want to know if i save, save game folder then uninstall and reinstall to original (him doing the same) will we be able to get the game working? we're in our 3rd season and im about to win prem and cl so i need this to work

all of the firewalls are configured and my router is also configured (ports that are mentioned prepatch). does he need to configure his router? never used his router so not too sure about configuration but i dont think he needs to configure as he's the client. Other possibilities are that i have a dynamic ip address so gets refreshed every now and then but we were dealing with this pre patch.

I know there is a lot of open questions here but i feel they need to be answered if im to get to the bottom of it. The main answer i need is if i reinstall will my 7.01 save game work in 7?

Any help much appreciated

Andy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by conno36LovesTeddySheringham:

Hi,

Im having the same problem as paul33 (sent him an email). Here is what we're running:

Me:

winxp

firewall

router (with firewall) configured

im running as server

Friend:

winxp

firewall

router

Ok so down to the problem. We were running an online game fine for a few months (apart from occasional crash while playing each other). We both patched and now it wont work. when he tries to connect it brings him to a new game with no users. While on my game status he pops up for a split second then disappears. Also i have tried changing some game preferences click confirm, but when i go back in they're back to original. So i pretty sure the patch is a waste but i want to know if i save, save game folder then uninstall and reinstall to original (him doing the same) will we be able to get the game working? we're in our 3rd season and im about to win prem and cl so i need this to work

all of the firewalls are configured and my router is also configured (ports that are mentioned prepatch). does he need to configure his router? never used his router so not too sure about configuration but i dont think he needs to configure as he's the client. Other possibilities are that i have a dynamic ip address so gets refreshed every now and then but we were dealing with this pre patch.

I know there is a lot of open questions here but i feel they need to be answered if im to get to the bottom of it. The main answer i need is if i reinstall will my 7.01 save game work in 7?

Any help much appreciated

Andy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you have a lot of open questions yes and I would begin with trying to anwer your own questions as we can only repeat what you have said in your questions, eg.

"Other possibilities are that i have a dynamic ip address so gets refreshed every now and then" Then make sure you give him the correct address, it is very much a possibility that you now have a different IP compared to the last time you both played.

There shouldnt be any need to uninstall the game and re-install. Check your friends settings like paul33 has done.

Hi Goldy,

Thanks for swift reply, sorry for double and also triple posting (bugs forum), still getting used to forum layout. Have checked his settings and my ip address hasnt changed all day. Anyway im at a loss and tomorrow we will reinstall and cross fingers that save game works again. If i find anything new, will post.

Cheers

Andy.

Archived