FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Please post the following information if you can :

(As per edited thread start)

Operating system ?

Service packs installed ?

net connection ?

ISP ?

router involved ?

anti virus software ?

Firewall software ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows XP

SP2

Telewest 1MB

Linksys (cant remember which one)

AVG Free

Windows firewall

Basically, smae problem as most, although i could do with better instructions as to how to open ports.

thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andri sigporsson appreciation:

I am not sure if this has been covered before but i couldn't find it:

I have set up an online game with a mate and that is working fine. however, if he comes round my house is it possible to play the game as a hotseat game and also then play it over the web when he doesn't come round?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes its possible, shouldn't cause any problems at all where you play icon_smile.gif

What you find some people do is set themselves on holiday when finishing a network game. Then where ever you start, just take yourself of holiday again and carry on playing! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsdookie:

"dsdookie - Make sure you all have the exact databases as sometimes this can lead to problems like you have described."

what do you mean by that, where do we find out what our databases are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You find your version number on the game status screen. For instance Fm 07 the version number is 7.0.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cowa4811:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Please post the following information if you can :

(As per edited thread start)

Operating system ?

Service packs installed ?

net connection ?

ISP ?

router involved ?

anti virus software ?

Firewall software ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows XP

SP2

Telewest 1MB

Linksys (cant remember which one)

AVG Free

Windows firewall

Basically, smae problem as most, although i could do with better instructions as to how to open ports.

thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to portforward.com to find exact details on how to open your ports for your specific router.

Argh.. I am totally noob to this, so i am throwing in my noob card icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I am wondering how i set up a hosting server for others to join. And second how to join a hosted server. (Is it just to type in the IP-adress and press join?)

I have tried hosting a server, but not sure if I am doing in right. I go to "network" option, then check the box "Host server". Then i click start game in top left corner. A friend tried to join by tapping my IP and join game, but with no luck. He didnt even find my game?

Can anyone plz give me a sum up of what to do to create an online game?

Alrighty, I've got a question.

I'm trying to get an internet game going with one of my friends. He connects to the internet through a modem, but I share my connection with four other people, so I connect though a router. Reading through some of the pages that seems to be the reason why the unable to connect to server error message keeps popping up.

The router in my apartment is a Zyxel Prestige 2602R-61, and as far as I can see, there is no port-forwarding guide for that model.

We both paid good money for this game, mainly because of playing it online, so has anyone got any ideas for a solution?

This is so shoddy...

I have tried to set up a network game over the internet with my brother for fm07. I can set it up fine but when my brother joins he picks his team etc and as soon as he continues his computer reboots is this a bug? or is he doing soemthing wrong. He can see the game and it allows him to enter all his details but reboots as soon as he trys to start.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom_H:

Argh this is driving me nuts. A friend and I are trying to play an online game. We have been playing against each other since the CM4 days and we both really enjoy the challenge. I'm hosting the game and he is able to connect no problem.

However, the game is incredibly slow for my friend and it often kicks him out (sometimes his game shuts down altogether!). This is particularly annoying when it happens during one of his matches, as you can imagine.

I've tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing works. We've both got the necessary ports open in our routers, our firewalls are configured correctly, and we've even given Hamachi a shot, but no joy. My friend no longer wants to play our network game because it's so bad. icon_frown.gif

Any suggestions for other things we could try would be very much appreciated! I'm even going to buy a new wireless network card soon in case that's the culprit (I'm probably clutching at straws here!).

(Below is the info for my system, and my friend has a pretty similar set-up I believe).

Operating system ? Windows XP

Service packs installed ? SP2

net connection ? 1Mbps (me) / 8Mbps (friend)

ISP ? Freedom2Surf (me) / Tiscali (friend)

router involved ? Netgear wireless router

anti virus software ? AVG

Firewall software ? ZoneAlarm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and my friend have the same problem, except that I don't get kicked out of the game at random. Just every single time I'm supposed to play a match.

We have tried it the other way around with me hostng, but that's worse since he gets thrown out everytime he tries to add a manager.

This is increasingly frustrating, it's a miracle that my FM-CD still hasn't been turned into a frisbee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gottolf:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom_H:

Argh this is driving me nuts. A friend and I are trying to play an online game. We have been playing against each other since the CM4 days and we both really enjoy the challenge. I'm hosting the game and he is able to connect no problem.

However, the game is incredibly slow for my friend and it often kicks him out (sometimes his game shuts down altogether!). This is particularly annoying when it happens during one of his matches, as you can imagine.

I've tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing works. We've both got the necessary ports open in our routers, our firewalls are configured correctly, and we've even given Hamachi a shot, but no joy. My friend no longer wants to play our network game because it's so bad. icon_frown.gif

Any suggestions for other things we could try would be very much appreciated! I'm even going to buy a new wireless network card soon in case that's the culprit (I'm probably clutching at straws here!).

(Below is the info for my system, and my friend has a pretty similar set-up I believe).

Me and my friend have the same problem, except that I don't get kicked out of the game at random. Just every single time I'm supposed to play a match.

We have tried it the other way around with me hostng, but that's worse since he gets thrown out everytime he tries to add a manager.

This is increasingly frustrating, it's a miracle that my FM-CD still hasn't been turned into a frisbee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that is my problem too

Any help please icon_biggrin.gif

One of my mates has created a online game which i and another have been able to connect to.

However when we have tried to go back on to saved game it adds us in as a new unemployed manager.

Does anyone know why it does this and how to solve.

Regards

Jeffo

my broadband is with orange not that that should matter. But i have a laptop and its on a wireless network on a belkin router. I don't realy know what to do. I have ran out of ideas! Any suggestions?

We are running a network game on two computers in the same house. However today we played on just the one computer (taking it in turns using the change user option). How can we go back to playing on both computers again? Now everytime we load the game both players are connected on the first computer (the game status always says both players are 'playing') so second computer only connects as unemployed and cannot take over the second manager as before.

Any help would be appreciated.

net connection 8meg

ISP ? pipex

router involved ? Netgear dg834g

anti virus software ? norton

Firewall software ? norton

haveing problems connecting to a m8s game ,ive followed the guide to port forwading on portforwading.com but still no joy theres 4 of us playing online im the only one that cant join ive also allowed acces to footymanager 2007 in norton .when i try and join a network game the ip addy comes up in game but just hangs as if its tring to connect but doesnt do anything all players connect np except me im assuming its my router also tryed connecting with my firewall off any ideas folks ?

sorry cant edit my post above for some reason. ive been trying this for hours lastnight been through all the forums in here and been searchin google for an answer but no joy

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've now spent 2 hours at this.... and i still can't connect to, or act as host for any online fm2006.

No anti virus, no firewall, router ports open... on both systems. help, help, help before i pull out my remaining hair.

Net Connection: 8mb

ISP: Sky

Router involved: netgear DG834GT

Anti Virus: None

Firewall: None

Hello, I'm new to fm online gamming but veteran in CM/FM series. I'm back on crack in virtual football with your wonderful new release, FM 2007.

I want to ask some questions about online play in FM 2007. I'm trying to bring a server up to play with a couple of friends (about 10 or 15). I have tested an online game with a friend to see if it works. The games works fine for me (512kb) but my friend (1mb) gets delays in game menus. I'm asking if this kind of delays the 'connectors' could get worse if other 10 users join the server to play (because it the delays are the same it's pretty much okay).

I have also checked the traffic with NetLimiter2 and the game seems to use a maximum of 10 or 20 kb/s. So it doesnt seem to use all the bandwitch available. I'm not an expert either but maybe the game only uses some preset percent form the total bandwitch. Can I do anything to change that or maybe I'm wrong about that.

Both computers met more than the recommended requirements.

Also I've heard about that Hamachi program. Does this Hamachi improves the online play or it is the same net speed as connecting trough game via direct ip?

/thanks and excuses for my English

Operating system - Windows XP

Service packs installed SP2

net connection 512 kb (which means 64kb/s if I'm right)

router involved - i'm not sure I know what that is exactly

anti virus software - ZoneAlarm

Firewall software - ZoneAlarm

Hello, I'm new to fm online gamming but veteran in CM/FM series. I'm back on crack in virtual football with your wonderful new release, FM 2007.

I want to ask some questions about online play in FM 2007. I'm trying to bring a server up to play with a couple of friends (about 10 or 15). I have tested an online game with a friend to see if it works. The games works fine for me (512kb) but my friend (1mb) gets delays in game menus. I'm asking if this kind of delays the 'connectors' could get worse if other 10 users join the server to play (because it the delays are the same it's pretty much okay).

I have also checked the traffic with NetLimiter2 and the game seems to use a maximum of 10 or 20 kb/s. So it doesnt seem to use all the bandwitch available. I'm not an expert either but maybe the game only uses some preset percent form the total bandwitch. Can I do anything to change that or maybe I'm wrong about that.

Also I've heard about that Hamachi program. Does this Hamachi improves the online play or it is the same net speed as connecting trough game via direct ip?

Firewall software - ZoneAlarm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

Firewall software - ZoneAlarm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your English is fine! icon_smile.gif

I would suggest first trying Hamachi, its helped a few people improve their online game. See how you get on when you do use it and hopefully it will improve things for you, otherwise, repost in here to see if anyone has any suggestions!

Easy question... Like Dalv said im a fan of Cm/FM and have played every single game of it. Though ive never tried online. And i cant figure out how to set an online game up. Can anyone help, or give me an URL to somwhere where i can read myself to understanding how?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kingoid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gottolf:

This is increasingly frustrating, it's a miracle that my FM-CD still hasn't been turned into a frisbee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that is my problem too

Any help please icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

???

Any help, seems like the only question asked a lot in the thread and unanswered

well I have found something that could be useful in "A Scottish Clan"'s site in the rules ection. I hope they don't get upset I copy them.

-Before joining the network could you please untick move for TV matches.

-Game preferences, to keep the game moving as fast as possible the following setting must be unticked on all pc's, Show Player Pictures, Show Badges / Logos, Show Background Pictures, Show Unique ID's, the sound option is optional.

-don't connect to host without asking, this can crash the game.

credit goes to 'The Scottish Clan'

And maybe we can come up with some more feedback to improve our online performance.

Hope you can help. Every time i try to start a network game i get an error message "unable to start server" no one can join the game altough i have an ip address on game status screen. I have managed to start the game twice but after saving am unable to load it again as i get "unable to start server" would love some help.

O/s windows xp

net connection telewest broadband

router no router involved

anti virus mcafee

firewall have turned all firewalls off

thanks guys

just started our first 2007 network game.

Got force continue on, but everyone then seems to get stuck on waiting and it never goes to "continue"

Noticed its doing hourly updates.

Is this normal, does it just stop daily, rather than hourly ?

Urgent advices appeciated!

another thing that came up is when a user leaves an online game forever and has his account protected by a password. the problem is that his team remains stuck with him as manager (I have also tried to ban or kick him and it didnt the user stil had that team)

Is there anyway I can get that 'dead' user to retire his team? I can't get into his account as it is password protected.

Hey

I know this has been covered so many times but I have used the search thread and come to so many dead ends.

I am using NTL wireless broadband, tried to set up a static IP, no luck.

I heard about a NTL patch but this looked like it was for PC (im using mac osx).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried using the game with my firewall turned off for a brief second and still have a blank box next to the server ip address box.

I have ticked run game as server still nothing????

Please help???

Andrew

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

another thing that came up is when a user leaves an online game forever and has his account protected by a password. the problem is that his team remains stuck with him as manager (I have also tried to ban or kick him and it didnt the user stil had that team)

Is there anyway I can get that 'dead' user to retire his team? I can't get into his account as it is password protected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the password to override is sigames or sports interactive.

I think I saw that in the Technical Forum back in the CM days. I'll see if I can find it again! icon_smile.gif

I'm a very experienced online FM player with no problems ever before - until now. Basically, a friend and I have tried to start a new game with FM2007 doing exactly as before but he can't connect to my PC despite using the correct IP address and following exactly the same procedure as with previous versions. So we are stumped. All the usuals have been done, Firewalls etc. The only thing I can put it down to is that Port Forward don't have FM2007 listed meaning that it may be different ports (currently 10093 to 10094). Anybody got any ideas? If these are the ports and we are following all the rules, what the hell can it be? Sensible answers from experienced players only please, this one has got us totally baffled. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

The one shown on whatsmyip.com should be the IP you give out to others trying to join your game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it possible I have a different IP address shown for setting up a static IP address to the one shown on whatismyip.com??

I have set up port forwarding on my router, with no luck? Any help guys would be great. I do consider myself to understand basics of networking problems but this is just baffling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mendosa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

The one shown on whatsmyip.com should be the IP you give out to others trying to join your game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it possible I have a different IP address shown for setting up a static IP address to the one shown on whatismyip.com??

I have set up port forwarding on my router, with no luck? Any help guys would be great. I do consider myself to understand basics of networking problems but this is just baffling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many IPs do you have on the game status screen? One or two split with a / in between each IP number?

If you have set up an internet game then there should be an IP number on the game status screen. Your obviously doing something wrong.

I suggest you look at the FAO to make sure you have done exactly what that says.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirT83:

hey Andy, i got 2 IP adresses in game status screen. With a \ in between them. Do you know which one or if i should use both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to whatsmyip.com to find your actual IP and I think thats the one you give out to anyone joining your game.

This is really frustrating both my friend and I bought the game mainly for the online and we can't play it. When he hosts it says unable to connect and when I host and he joins it does the same.

This happened with Fm06 as well and we never managed to play that online.

I'm just wandering why Sigames have slacked so much on the online mode to the extent that people have to do certain things to their firewall etc. to make it work, you don't see many other online games that require you to change so many settings and mess with your router/ have the "right" router. The fact that there are so many people on here with problems empahsises your lack of effort put into the online mode.

I'm currently at university so I'm connected into a socket in my wall therefore do not have a router however I think my ISP is Damvo or something similar to that. I dont have a firewall and Norton is turned on always. I don't see why the fact that I'm on the University internet should be the reason why it doesnt work as it didnt even work when I was at home and had my own router.

It would be nice if you could help me out seeing as I have paid money for your game sigames.

thanks

I'm extremily dissapointed tha

Archived