FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

im trying to get a game going with my brother in my own home. we both live together and we have a wireless internet connection, can this be done? if so how? is there anyhting i need to be doing to get this up and running.

any help would be great thanks.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Toonarmy:

often it will say i'm unable to connect. Help please. icon_smile.gif

Operating system ? windows xp?

Service packs installed ? dunno icon_razz.gif

net connection ? a few meg

ISP ? blueyonder

router involved ? wireless router

anti virus software ? AVG

Firewall software ? Zone alarm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at the FAO stickied at the top of the forum to help you. It maybe you have to configure your router using portforward.com as a guide.

Operating system ? windows xp

Service packs installed ? SP2

net connection ? 18meg

ISP ? bethere

anti virus software ? n/a

Firewall software ? n/a

no firewalls or anti virus turned on, im hosting and no one can connect "unable to connect to host". im guessing its my router, the FAQ at the top is not helpful in the slightest. What do i do to port forward and more importantly, how!?

I tried to get a Netowkr game going with 2 mates.

We all tried hosting but none of us could connect to each others. One of us forwarded the ports that are needed to be forwarded but still no success.

I used to be able to host no problem with 06 and 05 , but since then i have changed form a simple modem to a wireless router.

Im using a Belkin router.

Also when i tried to host , it gave me 2 ip addresses. They said that they tried both , both failed but one took way longer than the other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Swisher UK:

Operating system ? windows xp

net connection ? 18meg

ISP ? bethere

anti virus software ? n/a

Firewall software ? n/a

no firewalls or anti virus turned on, im hosting and no one can connect "unable to connect to host". im guessing its my router, the FAQ at the top is not helpful in the slightest. What do i do to port forward and more importantly, how!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also beg to differ that the FAO is not helpful in the slightest. Very informative as to how you go about starting an online game.

After a painfully slow internet game of fm2007 a freind and I decided to try out Hamachi. We were both able to install Hamachi and I created a server, which my friend was able to join and which we could chat through.

However, neither of us can join a network game hosted by the other. Our games do not appear in each others LAN lists and entering the IP / Hamachi address just gives a 'unable to connect'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My friend and i have both bought FM2007 in order to play online over the internet but we cannot get it to work.

When my friend tries to connect to me he appears in my list as "new network client" for a few seconds then disappears, when i try to connect to him nothing happens, we do not get the "unable to connect to network" message it just sits there doin nuffin. We are both using NTL broadband modems on Windows XP pro with SP2.

We have tried it with all firewalls disabled but it does the same thing.

Please, can anyone help.

I have a problem... Last night I played a game with a friend online... My pc was server... we played a couple days (in game) and saved... Today we want to start over and I loaded the saved game... What's now... I can load it, but then I can't play it anymore... The menu-item Manager, which I need to play, is unclickable... Can't play it anymore??? What's our problem? It also seems that I have another IP today... although I thought mine stayed the same (Cable, Belgium). Please help!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Offler:

My friend and i have both bought FM2007 in order to play online over the internet but we cannot get it to work.

When my friend tries to connect to me he appears in my list as "new network client" for a few seconds then disappears, when i try to connect to him nothing happens, we do not get the "unable to connect to network" message it just sits there doin nuffin. We are both using NTL broadband modems on Windows XP pro with SP2.

Please, can anyone help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have any routers etc you will need to configure them to allow FM. Use portforward.com to forward your ports using that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Offler:

Please, can anyone help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have any routers etc you will need to configure them to allow FM. Use portforward.com to forward your ports using that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Andy thanks, i dont know anything about routers all we have are the NTL modems, are these the same as routers? I have been to portforward.com and they dont have any ntl modems in the list. What should i do?

Just about to sort out a netwrok game with my brother for the very first time (v. excited!) but have got a few questions.

* does it matter if I've got face packs etc and he hasn't?

* My PC is a rocket, his isn't as good, I take it it will be best to use mine as the host?

* Is the no. of legues effected by PC speed or connection speed most?

Thanks.

I've set-up a new game tonight with me as the server (ticked the Run as Server box), but when I check the game status screen it gives me two ip addresses, seperated by a '/' and my mate can't get on using either.

Can anyone help?

Also, does the server name matter?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Just about to sort out a netwrok game with my brother for the very first time (v. excited!) but have got a few questions.

* does it matter if I've got face packs etc and he hasn't?

* My PC is a rocket, his isn't as good, I take it it will be best to use mine as the host?

* Is the no. of legues effected by PC speed or connection speed most?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No is the answer to your first question.

If yours is the better computer then use that then.

yeah the more leagues you run the slower it will be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

The ports for fm 2006 were 10093 and 10094 iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got em in, are they different for 2007?

Afternoon guys...

We have spent the last 2 hours at work trying to get a game set up over the LAN (as you can guess we are all very busy). We all work on macs, my mate can set up a game which we can all see in the "local server" list but when we try to connect their is no connection made, we get no error message or nothing....

I have searched the forums but can't find anything about anyone else trying to play a LAN game on a mac...

Somebody save me from a day of boredom please...

FM07 disconnects the whole internet connection when trying to join a server. We've tried two different people as servers but neither one works for me. Other players have been able to join the server fine, also singleplayer (with the server hosting ticked too) works for me. I myself can't host a server on the internet though, because I'm behind a NAT.

I'm using Vista RC2 and Windows firewall, virus scanner is disabled.

Any help would be appreciated!!

hello, this has most probably been covered but its taking me ages. me and a friend are trying to connect online but is the fact my ip is 192.xxx.x.x / 86.xx.xx.xx a problem. i read that its because of mny router but it hasnt got a firewall.....how do i configure it?

thanks

Guest keano08

How do i know if the players I'm against are waiting for me to continue without going on game status (takes to long). Because SI have deleted that little stopwatch in the corner now icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keano08:

How do i know if the players I'm against are waiting for me to continue without going on game status (takes to long). Because SI have deleted that little stopwatch in the corner now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately there is no way then if they have taken that little feature out.

carlwoods you go to the website, choose your router and FM and configure from there.

Argh this is driving me nuts. A friend and I are trying to play an online game. We have been playing against each other since the CM4 days and we both really enjoy the challenge. I'm hosting the game and he is able to connect no problem.

However, the game is incredibly slow for my friend and it often kicks him out (sometimes his game shuts down altogether!). This is particularly annoying when it happens during one of his matches, as you can imagine.

I've tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing works. We've both got the necessary ports open in our routers, our firewalls are configured correctly, and we've even given Hamachi a shot, but no joy. My friend no longer wants to play our network game because it's so bad. icon_frown.gif

Any suggestions for other things we could try would be very much appreciated! I'm even going to buy a new wireless network card soon in case that's the culprit (I'm probably clutching at straws here!).

(Below is the info for my system, and my friend has a pretty similar set-up I believe).

Operating system ? Windows XP

net connection ? 1Mbps (me) / 8Mbps (friend)

ISP ? Freedom2Surf (me) / Tiscali (friend)

router involved ? Netgear wireless router

Firewall software ? ZoneAlarm

Good evening. I'm trying to play an online game with a friend but we can't. We have disabled the firewall and the antivirus, we have tried to connect "as is" and with Hamachi, but no changes... Always the same error!

What can we do?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom_H:

Argh this is driving me nuts. A friend and I are trying to play an online game. We have been playing against each other since the CM4 days and we both really enjoy the challenge. I'm hosting the game and he is able to connect no problem.

However, the game is incredibly slow for my friend and it often kicks him out (sometimes his game shuts down altogether!). This is particularly annoying when it happens during one of his matches, as you can imagine.

I've tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing works. We've both got the necessary ports open in our routers, our firewalls are configured correctly, and we've even given Hamachi a shot, but no joy. My friend no longer wants to play our network game because it's so bad. icon_frown.gif

Any suggestions for other things we could try would be very much appreciated! I'm even going to buy a new wireless network card soon in case that's the culprit (I'm probably clutching at straws here!).

(Below is the info for my system, and my friend has a pretty similar set-up I believe).

net connection ? 1Mbps (me) / 8Mbps (friend)

ISP ? Freedom2Surf (me) / Tiscali (friend)

router involved ? Netgear wireless router

Firewall software ? ZoneAlarm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would get your friend to host as he will have a larger upload speed than you with an 8 mb connection. You also maybe running other programmes/downloading/surfing the net while playing, so that in turn will slow the game down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mediano88:

Good evening. I'm trying to play an online game with a friend but we can't. We have disabled the firewall and the antivirus, we have tried to connect "as is" and with Hamachi, but no changes... Always the same error!

What can we do?

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at Tom H's post above as to how to post in this thread. You will need to give a lot more info than that.

I'm sorry... icon_frown.gif

However, this info are the same for me and for my friend:

Service packs installed ? service pack 2

net connection ? ADSL

router involved ? no

anti virus software ? no

Firewall software ? no

So if you and your mate have no firewall etc then it should be a case of starting a network game, tick run as server for whoever is hosting, get your IP from the game status menu or whatsmyip.com. Friend joins and you start playing.

I am going from what information you have just given me btw.

We have tried to do like what you say... But we have had an error joining player can't find the server. We have tried also to start a game with Hamachi, but FM gave us the same error.

I have run as the server and then also my friend has done it, but nothing has changed.

I would get your friend to host as he will have a larger upload speed than you with an 8 mb connection. You also maybe running other programmes/downloading/surfing the net while playing, so that in turn will slow the game down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll ask him to host it, although I am having my connection upgraded to 3.5Mbps within the next few days, which may help. The upstream speeds don't usually differ by much with ADSL connections, so I'm not sure it'll make a huge bit of difference.

We don't run any other programs while we play except for MSN (and sometimes I browse the web while waiting, although that mainly uses downstream rather than upsteam).

I don't see why the game has to load everything (graphics etc) from the server anyway, as most of it should be loaded locally. Maybe if the data was compressed before being sent it wouldn't be so bad (but I'm going off on a tangent here so I'll leave it as that!).

Right, we are trying to set up an internet game of FM2007, neither of us have routers - just broadband modems. I am hosting and have given him the ip, but there is no port. Should there be a port or does he just type in the ip?

When the ip is typed in, the cursor turns to a football and nothing else happens.. no error messages or anything. Are we doing something wrong?

hey this problem also happened in FM 2006 and its happening again in 2007, weneva i play with my freinds the money is always stuffed up for those who have joined, whoever is the host there money is fine, but those who join they get different values, say a player is worth 2omil normally on the person who joined itd be like 15mil, and the only way we know how to fix it is to go to currency then change it someother one, then change back and confir, but we have to do it every time we join and is quite annoying if we forget, anyone know how to fix it? and weve tried all 3 of us hosting but its the same for all of us.

Hi Bell,

I have tried to play a network game with my friend on many occassions on fm06 & now i have tried on fm07 and it doesn't seem to work.

I am currently trying on fM07 to start a network game as me the host and it will not work! Everytime i start a network game and my friend trys to connect he said a message appears "unable to connect to network".

I have also tried to connect to his computer as him been the host and same message appears on my screen.

When clicking to start a network game a message from Mcafee appears asking whether i wish to allow Football Manager 2007 access, i click yes.

I have a packard bell, pentium 4, 2.00GHz & 240mb ram. I have window microsoft XP. I have Mcafee Internet Security suite 2006 installed. My internet conncetion is through a wireless router "LINKSYS WIRELESS - B BROADAND ROUTER MODEL NO: BEFW11SA.

Help on this would be much appreciated as im sure u must know im very eager to play online

I have tried to play a network game with my friend on many occassions on fm06 & now i have tried on fm07 and it doesn't seem to work.

I am currently trying on fM07 to start a network game as me the host and it will not work! Everytime i start a network game and my friend trys to connect he said a message appears "unable to connect to network".

I have also tried to connect to his computer as him been the host and same message appears on my screen.

Also i have port forwarded and put in FBMan20071 and changed the relavant details as explained on port forwarding website.

When clicking to start a network game a message from Mcafee appears asking whether i wish to allow Football Manager 2007 access, i click yes.

I have a packard bell, pentium 4, 2.00GHz & 240mb ram.ip is ntl 11MB broadband. I have window microsoft XP. I have Mcafee Internet Security suite 2006 installed. My internet conncetion is through a wireless router "LINKSYS WIRELESS - B BROADAND ROUTER MODEL NO: BEFW11SA.

Help on this would be much appreciated as im sure u must know im very eager to play online

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Right, we are trying to set up an internet game of FM2007, neither of us have routers - just broadband modems. I am hosting and have given him the ip, but there is no port. Should there be a port or does he just type in the ip?

When the ip is typed in, the cursor turns to a football and nothing else happens.. no error messages or anything. Are we doing something wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My info is:

Windows XP Pro

Service pack 2

NTL 4mb Broadband

no router involved

McAfee anti virus software

ZoneAlarm Firewall software

I posted this as someone else asked this question and never got a reply, I hope soemone can help.

A friend has set up a network game, I can enter the server number and password without problems and it takes me to the screen, where I can see him as a manager and it says new network user (or something similar) but when I try to add myself to the game, the game freezes and the little ball spins around so that I have to shut game down.

How do I get in?

Marlow

Registered: 10 June 2001 Posted 25 October 2006 18:00 Use the help thread please

Right, This game seriously arses me about! FM06, me and 2 m8s played online constant for ages left it for a while and tried again a few months later, Now i can create the game and he can join but then when he wants to add a manger he gets kicked, bought FM07 played it same thing, we tried hamachi but it kicks him after a minute or 2! i have no firewall, no router, no windows security centre cause i went mental and destroyed the lot! i also had ports opened on my router so its not the modem any ideas?

The only thing that has changed is my PC, bought brand new motherboard:

DFI Nf4 Ultra-D, AMD3000+, 1ghz DDR, XFX7600GT

also running Windows XP (Service Pack 1 Cause sp2 is bollox)

peolpe trying to start a network game with routers. Please be aware that the router ip address is different to the ip address u will have in fm.

My friend has succeful managed to get it up and runnning after a lot of researc and basically the ip address in the game status is not the 1 he gave me. he has wirless router and done all the port forwarding and all the rest of the instructions posted on here and other websites. However the ip address shown in the game status menu is not the 1 we are using.

please can someone help me i want to play FM06 online. its says enterserver ip adress to join the game but i dnt understand.

basically i just want sum1 to tell me how i can join a game and play online lol.

thanks

Archived