The World Clan CM03/04 >>in-Game Thread<<

Kozak

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anderlechtheaderjpeg.jpg

CANAL + UPDATE

Anderlecht: Surprising, or Expected?

Alexis Manson showed last season, and is still showing this season, that he is among the best managers in the 1st division. For the team to have raised its level of football on such a regular basis to that of so-called bigger clubs is a remarkable achievement. To be competing for the playoff spots up there with the likes of Celtic, Dinamo Kiev, Porto, Atletico Madrid, Parma and Blackburn is no less of a feat. Manson explains the reasons for the team's outstanding performances:

"I do not want to sound arrogant or complacent, but I have noticed that the players I signed last season and this season have all adapted to the club's way of life at an impressive speed. To this day I do not regret any of the signings I have made and I believe that players like Mexes, De la Cuesta, Zooneveld, Elber, and Franscheschi made a huge difference last season. This is partly why I have decided to buy only a couple of players this season, i.e Hinkel and Joey Barton, both very promising players. Another reason for the success of my team is Aruna's outstanding contribution. He truly deserved to be last month's Player of the Month, and without him I am certain we would be outside the playoff spots. Finally, I would like to thank Kozak for having designed and supplied the club with a brand new logo, which I find extremely pleasant to the eye, especially the purple part *laughs*"

psgheaderjpeg.jpg

Paris-SG under the control of manager Aimé Kozacquet back in playoff-spot

After a very poor season start it was just a matter of time to see Kozacquet being sacked at the biggest city of France. PSG was around the 15th place while the board expected the title. Kozacquet knew the pressure but saw some light with some easier matches coming up. We will show how PSG ended back up at 4th place, however there will be 5 away games in the next 6 matches. Kozacquet is afraid for these tough away games. Next away games are derbies at France. First one is at Marseille against the nr1 of the table. A point there would be a good start of the away serie. The defensive loaning Coco (from Inter) and Nigerian international Yobo gave PSG a new dynamic boost.

Paris-SG vs Shakthar Donetsk 2-0

PSG took an important win against the quality side of manager Bernd Schüster. The former Barca player was under pressure at the Ukrain lately after relegation last year and a disappointing start this season.

PSG: Ivankov; Bonera, Yobo, Dehu, Coco; Kalù, Oskarsson, Trojan, Pablo Nino (73min Kapo); Aghahowa (73min Cruz), Pauleta (76min Mbami)

In a match where PSG was the better team it took long to show that in the score. At then end it was 2-0. Goals came from Portuguese european champion Pauleta and Icelandic gun Orri Freyr Oskarsson. Important win for the best french team of last season in their bid for a playoff spot this season.

Bologna vs Paris-SG (0-0) 0-1

A difficult win at Italy where it's always hard to take some points. Low tabled Bologna showed some of their talent in this match. Looking back you can spit the match up in two parts. The first minutes were for the Italian home team. However there weren't that many chances created by the team of human Matt Trower. After 47mins manager Kozacquet substituted a very poor Pauleta. In the newspapers he would get a 4 for this performance. Out form striker Julio Ricardo Cruz came in. This sub made the turnaround in the match. PSG became the better team. Fast after that it was Orri Freyr Oskarsson who scored the game winner. Overall you could say Bologna should deserved a point, but PSG took all the three of them.

PSG: Ivankov; Bonera, Yobo, Dehu, Coco; Kalù (12min Kapo), Carrière (45min Mbami), Trojan, Pablo Nino (73min Kapo); Oskarsson, Pauleta (47min Cruz)

Paris-SG vs Fenerbahce (2-0) 4-0

An easy win for a much stronger Paris-SG. Fenerbahce was just once near the goal of Bulgarian goalkeeper Ivankov. PSG created about 20 of these chances. Another brilliant performance of Nigerian winger Ikechukwu Kalù. His dribbles seems to be from another world. Real quality player! 4th minute header by Kalù ended a good attack and gave the french side an early lead. Around the half hour it was Oskarsson who doubled the score. In the second half PSG still got chances. At the end it was 4-0 for the home team. Kalù again and Pauleta (also a 10rating this match) were the goalscorers. PSG were back in 6th spot at the 1st Division.

PSG: Ivankov; Bonera, Yobo, Dehu, Coco (71min Heinze); Kalù, Carrière, Mbami, Pablo Nino (51min Kapo); Oskarsson (45min Cruz), Pauleta (47min Cruz)

Olympiakos vs Paris-SG (0-1) 1-1

Paris-SG started without there very important full back Coco. The former Italian international was banned after 5 yellow card. Argentinian Gabriel Heinze took in his place. In an even match it was Oskarsson who gave PSG the lead in the 31st minute. 5 Minutes later Yobo got injured. This was an important moment in the match. Yobo and Coco, the 2 new players that gave PSG fresh air, were not on the field anymore. The match turned to the advantage of the Greece team. Not surprisingly was the 1-1 by Carlton Cole in the 68th minute. This would be the final score

PSG: Ivankov; Bonera, Yobo (36min P.Cesar), Dehu, Heinze; Kalù, Carrière (68min Mbami), Trojan, Pablo Nino (51min Kapo); Oskarsson, Pauleta (45min Cruz)

Paris-SG vs Djurgardens (3-0) 5-0

PSG coach Kozacquet expected an easy win for his team against the best Swedish team at the moment. The Swedish team played without their ill manager Dale "Flavour". For PSG it was rest for captain Frederic Dehu and winger Pablo Nino. Youth defender Badiane got his chance in this match. The expectations became a true story. PSG could walk to an easy win with some good play and pressing on the Swedish team. At half time it was already 3-0. Trojan and Pauleta twice were the goalscorers. At half time that gave the possibility to rest some players for an important week with Atlético Madrid on wednesday and league leaders Marseille on saterday. Pauleta again and Yobo made it 5-0 in the second half. Kozacquet could only say one thing: "well done boys".

PSG: Ivankov; Bonera, Yobo, Badiane, Coco; Kalù, Carrière (45min Boskovic), Trojan (45min Mbami), Kapo; Oskarsson (68min Aghahowa), Pauleta

Paris-SG vs Atlético Madrid (0-0) 1-0

Against the team that destroyed PSG's promotion chances last season it became a fantastic played match by Paris-SG. Only thing was the Atlético keeper. He scrumbled really the impossible balls out of his goal. The press from PSG was really big but it stayed 0-0 for long. Just about 65minutes played gave an attack with Oskarsson. He went down in the penalty area. A penalty was given. Eric Carrière converted the penalty to scored his first goal for Les Parisiennes.

A great job gave PSG a 4th place after 18 matches. Next games are extremely difficult. "Hope the team can stay playing like a team also in the very difficult away games", was said by the clubs' president.

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

R.C.D.Mallorca

Loan Signings + Todorov Shock

After the 2-1 defeat against Tottenham Pavle was left with his first injury crisis since becoming Coach of Mallorca. With a small squad - due to attempts to cut wage bill - the loss of 5 midfielders meant Pavle had no option but to look for loan signings. In came Barcelona's right winger H.Babangida and Manchester United's left winger K.Richardson for a period of three months each.

Marca have reported that lethal striker A.Todorov has reached agreement with Mallorca and will move once his current contract with Litex expires in the summer. Because of the players age Litex will be paid £550k compensation. This was a major signing for Mallorca as they faced competition from a number of 'bigger' clubs in Division 1 for his signiture.

Rival sports paper AS claims that Mallorca are looking to strengthen the defense with Chelsea's transfer listed defender Robert Huth the target. A fee of around £1m is to be paid immediately with a further £700k dependant upon apperances.

Altas:

K. Richardson (Barcelona) 3 Month Loan

H. Babangida (Manchester United) 3 Month Loan

A. Todorov (Litex) Bosman

Bajas:

D.Cortes (Malaga) £550k

Dinamo 1 v 3 Mallorca aet

Loan sensation Babangida gave Mallorca the lead after just 30 sec as the Conference side looked overawed. However despite the early setback Dinamo settled and began to take the game to Mallorca, equalising from the pen spot following a poorly timed challenge by Ciurlizza. The second half was dominated by Dinamo but poor finishing meant the game went to extra time. In extra time Dinamo tired and conceded goals from Carignano and Robles.

Man City 0 v 4 Mallorca

After some average performances of late, Mallorca finally found their early season form. Nonda, who had so far failed to impress the Mallorca fans, scored 3 exceptional first half goals. Babangida finished the game in the second half with a wonder goal after a 45 yard run and a cool finish.

Current Position: 1st Division 2

Bayer Manager Keeps Board Happy

Simon Austen, the Bayer manager, has been keeping the board happy after some recent wins on the road. Although they suffered a dismal loss in the German derby against VfB Stuttgart, a recent good run along with the signing of Djibril Cisse, who arrived for £3.8million with a further extra £1millionover 18 months. So far he has played an integral part in getting the team back on winning ways with Bayer starting to climb and gain points.

Manager Simon Austen had this comment :

"We have been playing some nice football recently but not been creating many chances which is a litttle bit disapointing. However, my defence is palying extremely well and a special mention to Hans Butt who has played outstandingly this season to keep us in games. In the summer I will be looking to maybe bring in someone with a bit of experiance but a bit younger who give us a bit of creativity."

The results have possibly given Simon an extension to his current contract, that a few weeks ago seemed unlikely when he declared his intrest in the Arsenal managers job, only to be laughed at.

If the string of good results can contniue and maybe pinch points off teams above them, there is every possibilty of moving intothe play-offs

leverkussenheaderjpeg.jpg

In an exclusive interview, the Bayer Leverkusen manager said he was looking forward to this part of the season. "This is where it really gets intresting and over the next few weeks I play a few teams above us. It's a good chance to get to the play offs by getting some points off these teams. At the moment we have something no-one can buy. Thats confidence"

psgsacked.jpg

Story over for Kozacquet:

With predicted to fight against relegation last season, Kozacquet surprised with a 3rd spot at Paris. For the 2nd season the board wanted the title now icon_mad.gif. Kozacquet knew it was a matter to get the sack with this stupid expectations. Known he got a huge 500k icon_rolleyes.gif to make a transfer budget of 950k. While other teams got millions to spend. The start of the season was poor with 5 players missing that played at the Olympic Games. After that PSg got some stupid red cards that costed them some points. But after that PSG find their way and moved on from 15th spot to 3rd place. Away at Basel it went wrong just like last season. However PSG beat the nr 4 of the Premiership Dortmund in the European FA cup form became a bit poorer. A draw against HSV (after 22-5 in shots for PSG) and loss at Anderlecht (missing my keeper icon13.gif) the Paris club went back to 5th spot. But at home promotion favaourites Lyon were killed 3-0 after a Roncatto red card. Next match was away at strong Blackburn. Kozacquet missed 2 important defenders and lost with 1 late goal. After that Kozacquet was waiting for his next match and left the game for sleeping after all his next matches were rescheduled each time. Just after he left (Board was satisfied at that moment) he was sacked. Unbelievable!!!

Kozacquet told he would only return at Paris in future to beat that team. "The board didn't even give a reason for the sack. I was still in 6th place and that is still a good spot with chances to promote. Especially with all the home games to go. But after I slept with the chairmans' wife he must wanted to get rid of me. Life fo through and I will try to get all thing together and find a new job in lower European Leagues. My reputation is OK what should be enough for 3rd division. I wish the PSG players all the good wishes and think they have the quality to promote as you look to my results and impressive run since we got a full team. I hope the board wont sack the assistant as he extended the contracts of players while he wasn't allowed to do. Like you can hear I am frustrated about this sack.". This was the speach of the emotionfull former PSG manager.

udineseheaderjpeg.jpg

Udinese update:

After some bad matches in the middle of the winter season Udinese seems back in form after some sensational away result including :

Valencia-Udinese 2-3

Real Madrid-Udinese 0-1

Barcelona-Udinese 0-1

Dortmund-Udinese 0-1

Udinese is 6th in prem in away matches ...wow

Udinese manager told that the reason of the great result is maybe phisical because they changed the trainig to more light with more gameplay after a phisical start.

Players in : Casas (3 goals in 3 matches icon_eek.gif)

Players out: Jorgensen at the end of the season (ajax,free) due the clash with kuk.

Kuk says : With some better home performaces we could be in Champions League zone now. However we have still time to improve, but our goal is still to avoid relegation.

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Marseille Latest Results:

Marseille 2-0 Basel

Goals from Castillo and Kristjansson wrapped up the victory in this one sided affair.

HSV 1-0 Marseille

A Borowski penalty in the 14th minute was enough to beat a poor Marseille team who failed to create many chances.

Anderlecht 3-0 Marseille

Marseille couldn't contain Anderlecht's front two as Elber scored one and Aruna got the other two.

Marseille 2-1 Lyon

An impressive win against the league leaders meant Marseille's title bid was back on track as Kristjansson got the first then Marinho grabbed the winner on the 80th minute.

Blackburn 1-1 Marseille

Marseille were lucky to get a point as Blackburn piled on the pressure towards the end. Mido scored for Marseille before Pezzarossi equalised.

Stuutgart 0-2 Marseille

Kristjansson and Castillo got the goals in an easy victory for the French club.

Marseille 2-0 Leverkusen

Two first half goals from Pearson then Kristjansson meant Marseille had an easy second half and another league win.

Marseille 2-1 Celta

Kristjansson scored late on to earn Marseille 3 points.

Marseille 3-1 Parma

Yet another win for Marseille ( anyone seeing a patten here? icon_wink.gif ) a Kristjannson double and another for Castillo scored this time. Parma got a consolation through Gilardino.

Dinamo Kiev 1-2 Marseille

Grisales was L'O.M's saviour as he scored in the 94th minute to keep the pressure on Lyon at the top of the table.

Marseille 4-0 Porto

Easy game for Marseille as they cruised to a 4-0 win - the scorers were Kristjansson, Oliseh, Renato and Grisales.

Shakhtar 1-1 Marseille

A disappointing display from Marseille meant 2 points were dropped in this pretty boring match. Davis gave L'O.M. the lead before Zubov equalised later on in the first half.

Marseille Top Scorers

Castillo 15

Kristjansson 15

Davis 10

Mido 9

Grisales 8

Marseille are currently top of the First Division with Lyon in second one point behind, however Marseille have a game in hand. Promotion looks almost certain for both Lyon and Marseille with a considerable gap between them and the rest of the pack, the champions remains to be seen and it could go down to the wire.

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Club Atlético de Madrid assigns manager Kozakedez for the rest of the season

In a fast move former Paris-SG coach Kozakedez joins Atlético de Madrid. I a bid to improve things at the "second" team of madrid. After some big mismanagement by former managers including Slovenian Chino the club hopes to make a better structure withing the club. Kozakedez, known of his good improvements at Paris and a strange sack 1 month ago, is the man to do it.

"I'm impressed by the fans here at Atletico. The recent losses from this team and poor form looks to be staying here till the end of the season. I will do my best to improve the squad and weird high wage structure at the club. I love Atletico and hate Real. Thats one of the mane reasons I'm here. I will promise you fans already a place in the playoffs next seasons and promotion to the European Premiership in two season. This season we will keep missing Fernano (Fernando Torres red.) and some other strikers. I promiss you all some new bright potential starplayers next season. I think myself an Tonny Bruins Slot can manage the things if we get the time over the next 2 years". Said by Kozakedez.

[This message was edited by Kozak on 25 January 2004 at 20:25.]

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

Promotion now looks certain for Lyon

After a slight dip in form over the last couple of months, Lyon are now back to their best and look certain to gain automatic promotion from the First Division this season. With 5 away defeats out of 6 away games in the league things were looking bad, but luckily none of the other teams below us showed enough consistancy to pull back our huge lead. With an 11 point gap now between us and 3rd placed Dinamo Kiev with only 13 games to go, it looks like Lyon will be in the Super League next season.

Wonderkids start to show consistancy

There is no doubt in my mind that the main reason we are doing so well this season has been the consistancy of 18 yr old Brazilian striker Evandro Roncatto. The £7m signing took a while to settle in last season but has been immense this season, forming a great partnership with fellow youngster Alessio Cerci (17). Roncatto is now top of the goal scoring charts with 22 goals in 25 starts. Italian teenager Ricardo Montolivo (19) has also had a great season, scoring more goals from midfield than any other play in the country, and Ederson (19) has really started to show some promise as well. The future really looks bright for Lyon , with the first choice 11 having an average age of around 20.

First Choice Starting 11 :

1.Coupet (31)

2.Kompany (17)

3.Klompe (28)

4.Edmilson (28)

5.Montolivo(19)

6.Thompson (22)

7.Ederson (19)

8.Lennon (17)

9.Malouda (24)

10.Roncatto(18)

11.Cerci (17)

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

With promotion looking certain, Mallorca decided to ignore all of Pavle's tactics and training and are now struggling to keep in the playoff zone.

Mallorca 0 v 1 Tottenham

Tottenham once again took all 3 points against a stale Mallorca. The total football which was typical of Pavle's side prior to christmas is now a distant memory. Instead Pavle's team once again looked predictable and unable to fashion openings against a resiliant Tottenham. The game looked to be a draw until a Tottenham corner deep into injury time gave Spurs a surprise win.

Bordeaux 0 v 2 Mallorca 2 FA Cup

Mallorca put their poor league form to one side, easily defeating First Division Bordeaux. Goals from Nonda and Scottish defender Murry ensured Mallorca progressed further in the competition.

Pressure Shows on Veteran Managers

The poor league form continued and saw Mallorca drop to 5th in Division 2 after Southampton 2 v 1 Mallorca and Mallorca 0 v 0 Sevilla. Marca reported that a club insider leaked that Pavle had turned to beer to relieve the stress. After the 0-0 with Sevilla a depressed Pavle said this,

"As manager im ultimately responsible for the performance of the team. If results dont improve and we fail to achieve our goal of promotion then both myself and President Alemany will have to consider whats best for the future of the club. Maybe ive made mistakes in selling too many squad players, but i did this with the intention of securing financial security for Mallorca. I dont want to leave this team but i also dont want to hold them back - this team does not deserve another season of Division 2 football."

Kozak, another experienced manager also felt the pressure. Despite giving injury struck PSG a chance of promotion an impatient board gave him the sack. Kozak now looks for revenge with another injury struck team Atletico de Madrid. The fact that two veteran managers such as Pavle and Kozak are feeling the pressure shows just how tough the Euro Superleague is.

New Signings:

After months of trying to land a defender Pavle finally got one - M.Albrechtsen. After having bids of £5m turned down earlier in the season Pavle managed to get him for a bargain £975k. Also new was M.Molina, a Columbian who plays either through the middle or on the right of midfield. Mallorca hope that he can give the team the attacking flair its lacked in the last few weeks.

M.Molina £1.8m (Envigado)

M.Albrechtsen £975k (FC Copenhagen)

B.Lauth (1860 Munchen) 1m compensation

Cup Shock:

Pavle's impressive cup record continued, this time Premiership Arsenal suffered. Few critics gave Mallorca any chance at Highbury -especially with only one fully fit striker. But Pavle gambled on Dagfinn Enerly who was still carying a injury picked up in his last match. The gamble paid off as Enerly grabbed 3 goals and Mallorca won 4-0.

leverkussenheaderjpeg.jpg

After a string of bad results, the Bayer manager has managed to get his side back on track recording 2 out of 3 wins. Picking up a possible 7 points out of 9 has lifted Bayer up to 10th place and away from the danger zone.

Bayer 3 VfB Stutgart 0

Goals from Franca, Vierana and Cisse helped Bayer ecord an excellet win over thier German rivals. Thhey dominated this match and deserved the win.

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Marseille Latest Results

Marseille 2-0 Bologna

PAO 0-3 Marseille

Fenerbache 0-2 Marseille

Marseille 2-0 Olympiakos

Athletico Madrid 0-1 Marseille

Marseille 3-1 Djugardens

PSG 1-0 Marseille

Marseille 2-1 Deportivo

Overall very impressive results for Marseille with the only blackspot an unlucky defeat to French rivals PSG. Marseille sit top of the Euro First Division 5 points clear of Lyon. It is now almost certain that Lyon and Marseille will promote with a huge gap in points between second and 3rd placed Anderlecht.

Marseille Top Scorers

Kristjansson 21

Castillo 19

Davis 11

Grisales 9

Mido 9

Marseille also signed Brazilian U21 international midfielder Daniel Carvalho for £5 million and the Brazilian left back Athirson will be signing at the end of the season on a Bosman.

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Season ends for Atletico Madrid on 13th place

The position where Dutch manager Kozakedez joined the team was the position where the season finished. Nr unlucky 13!!! Kozakedez met a selection with lots of injuries and bad quality players. 90% of the players were on very poor morale and the team hadn won for 1.5 month. Kozakedez felt the problems but couldn't turn around a lot. "Mismanagement at the club in the past can take years to bring Atletico back to the top of Division 1", said by the new manager. First good thing the new manager did was sending Fernando Torres to California for heavy physiotherapy. The expected 8 month injury became 2.5 month.

But Atletico kept loosing. The manager felt there was nothing he could do then hope. During the season he could only bring a few youths for the future. Johannes Djourrou (Arsenal, 18, 750k), Igor Ilic (Red Star, 18, 250k) & Txusta (Sociedad, 19, 150k) came in. Ilic & Djourrou had to play a lot of matches already with the injuries. Taiwanese striker Rungratesamee was loaned from Tom Williams' promoting Lyon. With important wins against teams like Bordeaux and Djurgardens Atletico stayed around midtable till the end.

Manager Kozakedez was already a bit unsure for the new season even though there was nothing he could do. The Salary structure at Atletico Madrid was idiot. 100k over a budget of 300k a week. Kozakedez refused to give out new contracts above 10k for regular B-team players. This can be seen as the most important reason the whole B-team at Atletico leaves. About 30 players icon_eek.gif. For the new season the manager was very busy. Lots of players weren't interested to join les Madrilenes. Also the manager got 5 deals turned down by the FA who refused to give out work permits to the future leaders of Atletco. Brazilian supertalent Eduardo Alcides was one of him. "He would have become the new captain of a new dynamic Atletico. I can't believe the FA, as they give out lots of permits to the french teams Lyon and Marseille".

Kozakedez sold lots of players already. One of them is Zuma who left to Liverpool for 2.9m to replace Michael Owen there. So new players must come as there will be a very small squad next season to rebuild the club.

Players in for next season till now:

Tom Peters (GK - Ajax - Free)

He must become the new Van der Sar and the new starting goalkeeper from Atletico. Hope he can prove his stats, however he was just the 3rd keeper at Ajax.

Orri Freyr Óskarsson (M/F r/c - PSG - 2.5m)

This Icelandic gun played under Kozakedez at Paris-SG. Normal a striker but can be used as winger with no other wingers being at Madrid yet. Went out of the PSG team after Kozak left.

Cesc Fabregas (Mc - Arsenal - 400k)

This 17 year old Spanish talent played at Arsenal U19 this season. In his try to get more Spanish players to Atletico Kozakedez signed him. Let's hope he learned a bit from Vieira and can become a Spanish giant for the future.

Malte Metzelder (Dc - Dortmund - 525k)

The younger brother of Sebastian Metzelder. Same type of player than his brother. Let's hope he can become the same quality.

Simone Padoin (SW/D c - Vicenza - 4.1m)

Most expensive signng till now. Can be seen as the 2nd choice after Kozak failed to land in Eduardo Alcides due to work permit problems.

Olasunkanmi Akande Ajide (DMr/c - AS Roma - 800k)

It's believed this Nigerian is only signed for his FANTASTIC name icon_razz.gif. He's 19 years old and can play at right full back till Kozakedez can finally get his Eduardo Alcides.

That's till now. I wanna say congratulations to Kuky (UEFA or Intertoto???), Andy Jones (Champion 1st div), Tom Williams (promotion to Premier), David Manson (winning 1st div playoffs against brother and winning the FA cup) and Pablo Fairhurst (Bringing Mallorca to 1st div). Great guys and lets hope I will have succes one day too. icon_biggrin.gif

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

FA Cup Quater Final

Mallorca were now the sole surviving team left in the FA Cup from outside the top two divisions. Following the surprise victory over Arsenal, Pavle once again had to face a Premier league team away - Newcastle United.

After a seriers of wasted oppertunities by Enerly and Molina, Mallorca got the goal they deserved from the penalty spot after 8 mins (Nonda). With the Newcastle attack proving ineffective and the Mallorca midfield dominant, Pavle was already making plans for a trip to Italy in the Semi Finals. But one of the blunders of the season meant Newcastle gained a lucky equaliser and left Mallorcas dreams in shreds. Jenas made a run down the left of midfield, but with no support from either midfield or forwards crossed the ball into the pen area. With no Newcastle players within 20 yards of the ball or pen area Murry decided to head the ball safely back to Leo Franco. However as the ball rolled toward Leo Franco, he picked up a freak injury and the ball slowly rolled over the line for 1-1. icon_eek.gif

Drink & Czech Girls Blamed for Mallorca Cup Exit

R.D.C Mallorcas preperation for the replay could not have been much worse. On the eve of the big match Pavle was pictured drunk with hot Czech girls icon_wink.gif. On the morning of the match Marca uncovered the scandle and Mallorca President Mateo Alemany announced Pavle's job insecure.

Pavle's hangover was made worse as Jenas was awarded a pen after 14 mins which he then scored. In the second half Mallorca pilled on the pressure and were rewarded by a 60th min Nonda goal. Both teams then wasted chances and the game went into extra time. In extra time the fitness of the Premiership team was evident and Bramble grabbed the winner from a corner in the 114th min.

Critics blamed the defeat at the hands of Pavle claiming his behaviour the night before had blurred his judgement - first playing and then failing to substitute a clearly unfit Carignano. Pavle himself admitted to 'still having a hangover'.

With 11 games to go and Mallorca currently 5th, Pavle knew he must not slip up again if he was to achieve promotion and keep his job.

Mallorca 2 v 0 Monaco

Monaco keeper, Flavio Roma, made a series of spectacular saves to deny Mallorca who threw everything at him. With the presure now building Pavle found his players start to lose their composure. First defender Lussenhof saw red after 40 mins and then right back Gonzalez also saw red after 62 mins. Nonda once again rescued Pavle with a goal after 46 mins. However as the game progressed Monaco used their 2 extra players to exert real pressure on Mallorca and should have equalised. But the result was put beyond doubt after a 90th min Santana goal.

Aston Villa 0 v 1 Mallorca (Enerly 34 min)

Everton 1 v 1 Mallorca (Carignano 37 min)

Mallorca 3 v 0 Man City (Carignano 37min, Nonda 45, 81 min)

Mallorca 0 v Auxerre 0

Zaragoza 0 v 1 Mallorca (Carignano 76 min)

Kaiserslautern 0 v 3 Mallorca (Nonda 60, 64, 74 min)

Mallorca 1 v 0 Rangers (Kaluzny 65 min)

Chievo 0 v 0 Mallorca

Mallorca 3 v 1 Sociadad (Nonda 13 pen, 40, 58 min)

Sampdoria 1 v 3 Mallorca (Todorov 15, 43 min, Carignano 45)

Since elimination from the cup Mallorca went 11 games unbeaten winning seven of those. This enabled Mallorca to take 2nd spot in the league, just behind Sampdoria. Pavle has now comitted his future to the club and is looking forward to kicking ass in Div 1.

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

Lyon win promotion, but only just

After being a massive 13 points ahead of 3rd placed Anderlecht with just 10 games to go, it looked as though promotion was secure for Lyon. But a terrible run of form & some strange team selections by the manager, combined with a great run of wins for Anderlecht almost cost them their place in the Premier League. Going into the last game of the season they needed a win against Turkish strugglers Fenerbahce to get that 2nd promotion spot. The game started off well enough for the home side when Evandro Roncatto put them ahead after just 2 minutes with his 30th league goal of the season after some great work down the left wing from Malouda. Sidney Govou made it 2-0 just 5 minutes later, once again Malouda creating the opening. Lyon had a couple of other chances before half time but unusually Roncatto shot wide each time. With things looking so comfortable Lyon boss Tom Williams decided to take off Roncatto, Thompson & Malouda at HT, and replaced them with 3 youth team players. This didnt seem to have too much of an effect on the game as Lyon continued to dominate. But with just 10 minutes left on the clock, Brazilian teenager Ze Maria scored from a free kick 25 yards from goal. This set up a nervous last 10 minutes for Lyon & their fans, with Fenerbache creating chance after chance, but each time the magnificent Coupet kept the ball out and they managed to hang on to the 2-1 lead and more importantly 2nd place in the league!

Transfers Out

After being such a huge part of Lyon's amazing season, it came as a surprise to the fans and media when manager Tom Williams decided to sell Sidney Govou to Real Madrid for just under £9 Million. The forward has been excellent all season and has formed an excellent partnership with Evandro Roncatto, but Williams is said to doubt his ability to play at the top level, and with the money from this sale is looking to add a genuine world class striker to his squad.

Stephen Warnock has also left Lyon after struggling to make an impact since signing from Liverpool, and has joined relegated Djurgardens on a season long loan. He will be joined at Djurgardens by Bierholm, who is also on a season long loan from Lyon and Aarron Lennon has joined Kozaquets Athletico Madrid, also for a year loan.

Transfers In

After the sale of star player Sidney Govou to Real Madrid, the Lyon fans were demanding a top quality replacement, and that is exactly what they got. Brazilian U-21 captain Diego was signed from Santos for a club record fee of £12 Million. He is only 20 years of age and is one of the most exciting young players in the world. The fans were delighted with this signing and they are sure he will work well with fellow Brazilian U-21 stars Advaldo, Ederson & Evandro Roncatto.

But Williams wasnt finished there. Adriano was signed the next day for £9 Million, and Dawson a week later for £2.1 Million.

>>>OFFICIAL clan message<<<

The official friendly dates for the season 2005/06 are as follows:

16-07-2005

20-07-2005

26-07-2005

30-07-2005

06-08-2005

Season starts on 13-08-2005.

Premier teams that start a week later are allowed to set another friendly on 13-08-2005.

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

Well Well Well.....

What a season for the Reds and as the old saying goes "You'll never walk alone!"

Well manager Martin Buchan certainley walked on his own with countless players unhappy during the season

PLAYERS IN

Joseph Desire Job- Free

Oliver Neuville- Free

Sebastien Frey- £5million

Martin Palermo- £1.1million

Airel Ortega- £2million

John Carew- £6million

The season was un up and down one for the Reds with some great wins but some terrible losses as well which lead to the 11th place in the Premiership which Martin Buchan was not best leasd with but not angry as it was their first season in the Premiership.

Buchan promised that next season would be better with Subiscio Zuma coming to Anfield from Athletico madrid and free-kick specialist Stephane Dalmat from Inter Milan.

The biggest shock is the future transfer of Michael Owen to Marsille (Div.1 champs) after it was apparent that Owen was not going to feature in Buchan's first team plans.

AND SO THE TRAIL BEGINS AGAIN BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN? ONLY TIME WILL.....

...............TELL!

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Poor season start for Atletico Madrid

5 friendlies were played in preseason by Atletico Madrid. It was a very strange preseason with strange results. This are the results:

Ashford (non-league) - Atletico Madrid 1-1 icon_rolleyes.gif

Dinamo Zagreb (3rd div) - Atletico Madrid 1-2

Atletico Madrid - Barcelona (Premier) 5-0 icon_cool.gif

3x Oskarsson, 2x Torry (on loan from Udinese)

Atletico Madrid B - Atletico Madrid 0-2

Atletico Madrid - Galatasaray (3rd div) 1-1

The Barca match was superb but the others were not good. Season opener was against the always counter attack Hertha BSC. The home match should have been won, but some injury problems already showed up before the game. The whole right attacking side became injured. Lennon, Txusta and the nigerian Ajide.

Atletico Madrid vs Hertha BSC (0-1) 2-2

Peters; Lequi (Oberenko), Padoin, Montero, Contra; Trojan ,Perrotta, Iniesta (Djourrou), Fernando Torres; Torry (Aganzo), Oskarsson

were the starters for the first match.

However Atletico played a good match overall, they were damn unlucky. 20-5 in shots and just 2-2. At some moment it was 15-2 in shots ans I was 1-2 down icon_mad.gif. Minute 0 gave Hertha the lead. A wonder goal by their Spanish striker when all attention was showed to their star Dagoberto.

After that there was only 1 team attacking. But we couldnt score. Oskarsson, Torry and Torres missed awesome chances. In second half Torry didnt come back after a small injury and a very poor performance (a 4). Latest signing Aganzo from rivals Real Madrid came in. Atletico kept missing chances till a nice 20 yard shot by Barca loaning Iniesta went in. A few minutes later Hertha got their 2nd shot and goal. A freekick from Sebastian Pardo went in. Kozakedez decided to play all out attack in the last 20 minutes to turn the unluckyness his team had. Also his Dutch keeper doesnt show where he's capable to. Oberenko a winger came in for fullback Lequi. Around the 77th minute Oskarsson got another chance that even he couldnt miss. 2-2 after a nice move from Oberenko and Aganzo. Atletico kept getting chances but couldn't score. The team will get lots of difficults this season if you can't win such dominating games.

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

Pre-season was a disappointment both to the fans and Pavle. The Youth team were disbanded and B team contracts not renewed as Mallorca looked to secure their financial security. High earners such as Stankovic and M.Stewart agreed to retire wiping a combined 30k off Mallorcas weekly wage budget. However little was done to replace outgoing players. Only Benjamin Lauth - a 1m Bosman signing from 1860 Munchen - and Wes Morgan - a 750k buy from Nottingham Forest - were brought to the club. The latter especially is a gamble for Pavle, as has Morgan played only 4 games in two years for Forest and will now face opponents such as Ronaldo, Raul and Fernando Torres. The lack of signings was either due to high wages or a high transfer fee demanded by the clubs.

Marca again claim that Pavle will operate a basic 4-4-2 formation with the emphasis on defense. Although critics agree Mallorca's first 11 will be competitive in Division 1, they point to last seasons dramatic slump of form - following key injuries - as evidence of the lack of depth to the squad. This will be amplified in Division 1, however players such as Todorov and Lauth may offset this by providing the goals Mallorca have been so short of in recent seasons.

Mallorca 3 v 0 Celta Vigo

Mallorca began life in the first division by striking the post in the first min. They set upon their opponents, hungry for their first kill and soon got taste of blood. Santana's deep corner found the head of Albrechtsen who's powerful header found the back of the net to bring Pavle to his feet in admiration. Albrechtsen had been crucial in achieving promotion for Mallorca and looks like continuing the same form in Division One. The second goal was not far behind, Santana picked up the ball on the right side of midfield, seconds later he cut inside and powered a 25 yard shot past a helpless Cavallero. Cavallero looked the only Celta player of any quality and soon saved Todorov's pen, who opted for power in favour of accuracy. In the end a third goal from Carignano finished the contest, however a score of 3-0 did not show just how dominant Mallorca had been. Without Cavallero, Mallorca could easily have won by 6 or 7 goals, fellow human manager Simon has a lot of work to do if his team are to ascend the league.

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

So the season begins!

The pre-season was busy for Martin Buchan who purchased the services of Saiynabo Nomvete, Mido, Subiscio Zuma and Stephane Dalmat after the releases of Paul Sheerin to Red Star Belgrade, Ariel ortega to Ajax and Antohny Le tallac to Dortmund.

A friendley against Celkta Vigo left a lot to be descired even after a 2-0 win at Anfield.

The season started at the expanded Anfield and the Reds beat Inter Milan 3-1 with goals from Subiscio Zuma, John Carew and Harry Keweel even though there was a little scare after Christian Veiri got the score to 2-1.

The next league match was against Dortmund which was on the pools as a home win but Harry Kewell and Danny Murphy spoilt the party with Liverpool winning 2-1.

Finally it was Shalke O4 which was regarded as a home win and with Kewell scoring 2 and Zuma from a rebound after he missed a penalty made the final score 3-0.

Sampdoria are Liverpool's oppenentes in the 2nd round of the League Cup and the Reds are 2nd in the premiership to Kuky's Udinese on goal diference

udineseheaderjpeg.jpg

Udinese starts new season.

Expetatoions for the new season are very high for the north-west italian side.Udinese manager Kuky built a great team without buying great new players just valuerize their great talents such Felipe,Pinzi,Jankuloski ... After Jorgensen gone to Ajax, it was needed to buy great left winger. Kuky decided that this man would be Dinamos capitan Nesmachtni. Fans acepted the idea as he is very prosfesional and abitious.

Season started earlier coz of the intertoto cup. After winning two easy turns udine found Osasuna in the final.After beating them in spain qualifiation for Uefa seems certain, so Kuky reaches Dave in the UEFA fight.

Great start in the league beating Newcastle and MANUTD away and Andys Marsille at home. Udine leading the table with Pool with 3 wins.

Best man till now : Alberto

Players out:

Nomvete (Liverpool) - wanted a new chellange

Bakkati (Real Madrid)

Jorgensen (Ajax) - bosman

Jancker (Basel) - wanted a new manager icon_razz.gif

Players in :

Nesmatchni (Dinamo Kyev)

Papa (Juventus) - this guy will be GOD in few years

After two strikers left the club Udineses manager Kuky try to streghten the club in this area before september.

Rumors are he is trying to get IbrahimoviÄ on loan from Ajax or buy Forlan from UTD. However others options are possible.

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Major Transfers In

Athirson Free

Michael Owen 3 mill

Kapo Season long loan

Giovanny Hernandez Free

Edgar Davids 1 mill

Jonathan Soriano 1 mill

Giampaolo Pazzini 14.75 mill

Christiano Lupatelli 1.9 mill

plus various youngsters

Major Transfers Out

Mido 4 mill

Porarinn Byarnjar Kristjansson Free

Results So Far

Marseille 1-0 Blackburn

Pazzini scored on his debut to earn Marseille 3 points in a tight game.

Udinese 1-0 Marseille

Marseille went to Kuky's Udinese full of confidence, however in a scrappy game Udine came out on top despite the game being really even. Jones said afterwards he thought a draw would have been a fair result.

Marseille 0-1 Roma

A Totti free kick was enough to see off Marseille in a game which neither side managed to create many chances.

Milan 2-3 Marseille

A superb away result for the French side against he Italian giants. Pazzini put the away side in front before Claudio Lopez equalized, Renato put the visitors in front agin before half time. In the second half Lopez scored his second to make the game all square, only for Micheal Owen to come off the bench and score his first goal for his new club. Marseille survived late pressure by Milan to get thier first away win of the season.

Marseille 4-0 Newcastle

An easy victory for Marseille as Grisales scored in the first half before Pazzini scored a hat trick to move Marseille swiftly up the league.

Overall an impressive start to their first season in the Premier Divison for Marseille. Their manager said "We struggled to score in our first 3 games however I put Owen on the bench and we started to finish our chances. With the start we have made i am sure we will avoid relegation this season and finish comfortably in the top 12."

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Club Atlético de Madrid moves up after difficult season start

Atletico Madrid - Bologna (league cup) 2-2 (atletico wns after pens)

Tom Peters made three huge penalty saves after a very tight game.

Atletico Madrid – Panathinaikos 2-0

Celtic – Atletico Madrid (0-1) 1-1

Sporting – Atletico Madrid (1-1) 4-1

This game gave Atletico the biggest loss so far. In a match where les Madrilenes started very good, it was the referee that gave Sporting the three points for free. The starters:

Sporting: Ricardo; Fukal (72mins Toni), De Cler, El-Karkouri, Beto [C]; Dumitru, Anderson Polga, Custódio (63mins C.Martins), Liédson; João Pinto & Niculae (67mins Elpídio Silva)

VS

Atletico: Peters; Lequi, Montero [C], Ilic, Contra; Andonov, Perotta (67mins F.Torres), Iniesta, Ajide (48mins M.Metzelder); Nikolaidis (41mins Trojan) & Oskarsson

Referee Anthony Ashton showed how a referee can make or break a match. PSG started with lots of attacks with the game. The first chance from Sporting was a goal though. João Pinto showed his quality in the third minute. After that there was only one team attacking. That ended in a 18th minute equalizer from Oskarsson. It should have been already 2-1 just after but some big chance were spoiled. During the first half became clear the ref could only give lots of yellows to attacking side Atletico. Barca loaning Iniesta got his second in the 32nd minute. SO Atletico stayed over with just 10 men. The match became even after this. In the 41st minute the visitors lost their striker Nikolaidis with an injury. Just after Half Time it was captain Paolo Montero who got his second red card. Unbelievable!!!

With 11 versus 9 the game was played. Only thing left was waiting for annoying Portuguese goals. João Pinto, Carlos Martins and Liédson made it 4-1. Atlético manager Kozakedez was furious about the referee. "Three points stolen, what a shame these English referee".

Paris-SG – Atletico Madrid (0-1) 0-2

The first comeback from Kozak at his old team Paris-SG. The PSG board sacked Kozak in a very strange way and all that Kozak wanted was a win to prove PSG is poor since he was sacked in a decent position for playoffs. Kozak saw the following players:

PSG: Westerveld, Bonera, Heinze, Yobo, N’Diaye; Landzaat, Paulo Cèsar, M’Bami (60mins Obodai), Kalù; Boskovic (60mins Fiorese) & Pauleta

vs

Atletico: Peters; Harley, Lequi, Ilic, Contra; Andonov, Perotta, Djourou, Torres (45mins Lennon); Torry & Oskarsson

Paris-SG was the better team against Atletico that missed quite some important players in this game. Iniesta and captain Montero were banned. Nikolaidis, Txusta, Ajide and Padoin still injured. However PSG was pressing at the start it was a good performance from keeper Peters. A 23 year old former 3rd keeper at Ajax. He really impressed in this match.

On the counter it was Kozak that took revenge with his squad formed with almost a full 2nd choice defense. Torry (23rd min) and Oskarsson (72th min) were the guns that killed the PSG board of directors.

Atletico Madrid – Basel (1-0) 2-0

Basel the team that frightened Kozak many times when he was manager at Paris didn’t succeed today. An easy win for a much better Atletico de Madrid. The starters:

Atletico: Peters; Lequi, Montero [C], G.Milito, Contra; Andonov, Perotta (65mins Trojan), Iniesta, Lennon (45mins F.Torres); Torry (65mins Djourou) & Oskarsson

vs

Basel:Zubi; Cortés, Edman (65mins Magnin), Said, Picou; Cheyrou, Smiljanic (65mins Benjamín), M.Delgado, Angulo; Chapuis (61mins Hakan Yakin) & C.Jancker

With one debuting player called Gabriel Milito Atletico kicked off against low placed Basel. Basel like the past seasons probably gonna play in the lower regions of the 1st division manage each season to get a few surprises. Not this time. Atletico was to strong at own Vicente Calderon, where it didn’t loose a point yet. With 51786 people watching at the home side the supporters can bring Atletico to some good play. The first goal was there very fast in the 3rd minute. A nice attack was finished very good by Barca loaning Iniesta. In a further quite poor match Atletico didn’t come in huge problems however new signing Milito got the red card in the 65th season. But Oskarrson finished all Basel’ hopes for more than a loss.

Atletico Madrid – Deportivo la Coruna (2-0) 3-1

The start of three derby matches against Spanish teams started good for the second team of Madrid. However they are above Real at the moment. Deportivo is the team of human Kyle and they didn’t make a very good season start under control of their new manager. This were the starting line-ups:

Atletico: Peters; Lequi, Montero [C], Ilic, Contra (53mins Ajide); Andonov, Trojan (45mins Djourrou), Iniesta, F.Torres; Torry (45mins Aganzo) & Oskarsson (85mins Txusta)

vs

Deportivo: Molina; Trabelsi, Bernard, César, Andrade; Víctor, Peixoto (84mins Zenden), Hargreaves, Sergio (31mins Lee Miller); Baros (53mins Munitis) & Tamudo

Club Atlético de Madrid dominated the whole game except from 53rd to 75th minute. Orri Freyr Oskarsson was the terminator who scored a threesome in this game. First one in the 24th minute. The second just before half time. Atlético manager Kozakedez thought the win was their and subbed a few times. One of them was the comeback after an injury from Nigerian talent Ajide. Deportivo so fighted themselves bravely back in the game. Lee Miller scored a nice 56th minute goal. Some dangerous minutes followed but at the end Oskarsson scored his third in the 84th minute. An important win in the fight for playoffs.

Celta de Vigo – Atletico Madrid (0-0) 0-0

The match against the number last of the European 1st Division. The team managed by human Simon from Sweden. Before the start manager Kozakedez was a bit frightened for the new Celta striker Torales. Torales a strong and technical Paraguayan striker was also wanted by Kozak since he became the boss at Vicente Calderón. But the 5.5m transfer fee was too much. This were the starters at both sides:

Celta: Manuel Pinto; Contreras, Cáceres, R.Savage; S.Parker, Edú, A.Svensson [C], Jesuli, P.Pérez, Luque; Torales

vs

Atletico: Peters; Lequi, Montero [C], Ilic, Contra; Andonov, Perrotta, Iniesta (60mins Djourrou), F.Torres; Torry (45mins Aganzo) & Oskarsson (85mins Txusta)

In an entertaing match it stayed 0-0. Both team got some chances however in shots it became 15-5 for Atletico. The Atletico manager couldn’t be too happy with this goalless draw.

RCD Mallorca – Atletico Madrid (league cup) (0-0) 0-1

The second round of the League Cup was a clash between two in-form human teams. Mallorca the number two in the 1st division against Atletico Madrid, the number 7 of the 1st division. This were the starting line-ups with season-loaning Francesco Coco starting:

Mallorca: Leo Franco; Gonzaléz, Murray, Morgan, Albrechtsen; Santana, Kosovski (45mins Enerly), Kaluzny [C], Molina; A.Todorov & Carignano (45mins Nonda)

vs

Atletico: Peters; Coco, Montero [C], Ilic (59mins Lequi), Contra; Andonov, Perrotta, Djourrou, F.Torres; Torry (59mins Txusta) & Oskarsson

In a good entertaining match the first half was pretty even. In second half the team of manager Kozak created much more chances than Mallorca the team of Pavle Fairhurst. A great Roberto Carlos’ shot from youngster Johannes Djourrou ended at the post. But at the end the pressure became to high for Pavles’ team. It was tired gun Orri Freyr Oskarsson who tipped in the rebound on his own header in the 86th minute. 3rd round for Atletico Madrid. Next opponent is not known yet.

I will keep you all up to date in near future. Don’t forget our new in-game style website at

www.worldclan.tk

anderlechtheaderjpeg.jpg

CANAL + UPDATE

Revolution at Anderlecht

There have been massive changes at Anderlecht over the past couple of months. French manager Alexis Manson was pleased with his first season in charge of Brussels club Anderlecht, after his side went to the playoffs final to lose to Blackburn, managed by his brother and rival David Manson. However despite this excellent performance, Manson was growing tired of the limited transfer funds that were available. His solution to the problem was to get rid of some of his best players, thus substantially decreasing the club's wage bill, and increasing his transfer budget. He then brought in an important number of players, some young and relatively inexperienced, and some on the cheap.

Players in:

Isaac Osbourne DMC Free

Zoltan Sebescen D/DMR Free

Steve Harper GK Free

Dario Silva FC £1 million

Goran Gavrancic DC £2.2 million

Muzzy Izzet AMC £500k

Luke Moore AM/FL Loan

Supat Rungratsamee SC Loan

Olivier Bernard D/DML Loan

Players Out:

Mike Zonneveld £4.5 million

Antonio Prats 90k

Elber 26k

Aruna £3.7 million

After all these transactions Manson still has a remaining £8 million to spend, and is looking at two players to sign, Ronaldo of Real Madrid and Julien Rantier, another striker who is extrememly promising.

So far, the season has gone relatively well, and Anderlecht now find themselves 4 points off a direct promotion spot. A crucial win against rivals Mallorca 1-0 (H) came in injury time when Barros Scheletto found himself at the end of a powerful low cross and slotted the ball in in the 91st minute. Manson is delighted with his defence, but has still not solved his problems in attack. Dario Silva has not proven to be the striker the team has been looking for, even though he had a promising first few games. Luke Moore's pace has impressed many pundits but his finishing has been far from clinical. As for Rungratsamee, his performances so far have been excellent considering his young age, and he has scored more than one important goal, however his lack of stamina and physical condition have not enabled him to play a full match yet.

[This message was edited by Marlow on 15 February 2004 at 1:57.]

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

Well after a great start to the season, the old trend has resumed for Martin Buchan and his Liverpool squad of missing chances and poor defending.

In the League Cup 2nd Rd against Sampdoria the Reds struggled to a 1-0 win and then things started to go badly.

The home game to Chelsea was drawn to which Buchan before the match was confident of a win and the against leaders Byaern Munich at Byaern, Buchan thought he could get a 0-0 draw but came away with a 3-1 defeat.

(In my defense, My PC had troubles and so the computer was playing them matches)

Blackburn was next in the League and a 0-0 draw cam eto Anfeild even though Liverpool dominated nearly all of the match.

A 2-0 grubbing to rivals Udinese left Buchan screaming and the 3-0 loss to AC Milan at the San Siro didn't help.

Things got better with Nomvete scoring a hat-trick to beat Balckburn 3-1 in the League Cup 3rd Rd and also a home league win against Newcastle thansk to John Arne Risse's 75minute goal but a 2-0 loss to Andy Jones's Marsieele has dented the Reds's confidence.

(Again, PC troubles meant I couldn't play the Marseille match)

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

The Lost Update

It took a while for Lyon to adjust to life in the Premier League as they picked up just 4 points from their first 6 games. After heavy defeats against runaway league leaders Bayern Munich & AC Milan, as well as pathetic home draws against Udinese & Blackburn, it looked like Sir Tom Williams' wonderkids were going to go straight back down into the hell hole that is the First Division. The players that were so consistant last season were anything but, and the new signings Adriano & Diego were struggling to live up to expectations. But things have really picked up since then with some fantastic wins and performances, the first being a 3-2 victory away to Roma,with new boy Diego scoring his first goal for the club. After a 1-0 defeat away to Newcastle they bounced back with a 3-0 win at Old Trafford where Adriano bagged his first hat-trick for the club & then an amazing 5-1 victory at home to 5th placed Arsenal. Lyon have also had some good results in the league cup, wins over Tottenham & Arsenal taking them through to the 5th round where they will be at home to Atalanta.

Players Available For Loan

Ben Arfa FLC

Cerci FRC

Jones DRC

Bierholm DMC

Barbosa AML

Savoilainen AMLC

Huddlestone D/DMC

Rungratsamee SC

Babel SC

Kieft SC

Raimondi AMC

Del Prete MC

Cassadi AMLC

Vitali DC

Vialle DCL

Zwikker FC

Berthod DLC

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

Mallorca 5 - 0 Leverkusern

Following their victory against a poor Celta, Mallorca again showed they their intent on achieving premiership status. Argentinien sensation Carignano and young Bulgarian starlet Todorov each grabbed a brace as Mallorca took a 4-0 ht lead. In the second half Mallorca looked to counter attack and grabbed a fith goal from Kosowski after 77 mins.

PSV 4 - 3 Mallorca

Prior to the game Pavles confidence was high. However three PSV goals in the first 19 mins - all three from goalkeeping errors - proved Mallorca fallible. Following a change of tactics Mallorca managed a González goal from the pen spot. The second half saw extreme Mallorca pressure and Santana (59) then Todorov (78) made the score 3-3. But PSV took all three points in the 89th min following a Kezman goal as Mallorca pushed everyone forward for a win. On a positive note, this game proved that Mallorca wont lose without a fight and also confirmed the talent of Santana.

Dinamo Kiev 1 - 2 Mallorca

A goal and an assist gave Santana the man of the match award for the third consecutive game as Mallorca overcome a determined Kiev team. Nonda, who replaced the injured Carignano, grabbed his first goal of the season after being relegated to the bench after the arrival of Bulgarian Todorov.

Bologna 0 - 1 Mallorca

A 71st min goal from Columbian defender Jersson Amur González gave Mallorca victory and the three points. Although not a spectacular performance the result moved Mallorca upto 2nd in the league and continued their good away form.

Mallorca 0 - 0 Sampdoria

The opening 15 mins saw Hildebrand make a series of spectacular saves from Molina and then Todorov . Pavle would rue those missed chances as Sampdoria changed tactics and started to put pressure on the home team. In the end Pavle was happy to settle for a draw and the fact that for once Sampdoria's long shot expert Volpi hadnt scored against his side.

Parma 1 - 0 Mallorca

Following a second game without a goal critics claimed Mallorca impressive start was over. Pavle was also concerned about the loss of form, but gave credit to Parma and also reminded the fans that this season is consolidation rather than promotion. However defeats to rivals Anderlecht and Fenerbahce meant Mallorca kept 2nd spot.

Mallorca 3 - 1 Shakhtar (González 17,Nagore 32,Nonda 70)

***>>>Pavle's Czech Sensation<<<***

Following lengthy negotiations Pavle was finaly able to announce his new Czech star - Hubschman. The fee is believed to be in the region of £6m which smashed Mallorca's previous transfer record of £2.2m for Santana. This is seen by la Marca as a clear indication that Pavles aim is now promotion rather than consolidation. Despite this massive signing Presidente Mateo Alemany insisted Pavle would still have money to buy should the right player become available. But rival paper AS claimed Pavle would look to sell either Lussenhoff or Fernando Nino to cut the clubs massive wage bill and that the clubs finances were not as secure as Alemany claimed.

Mallorca 0-0 HSV

Valencia 1-3 Mallorca

Mallorca claimed a two goal lead at half time thanks to goals from Carignano (20) and Todorov (33). But Valencia hit back just after half time through Bronckhorst (48) and Aimar began to dominate midfield. In the end Hubschamn and Albrechtsen managed to limit the strikers to just long shots before Nonda killed the game in the 72nd min.

Anderlecht 1 - 0 Mallorca

Mallorca 2 - 1 Fenerbahce (Nonda 26, Todorov 82)

Olympiakos 0 - 2 Mallorca (Nonda 38, 45)

Mallorca 4 - 1 Porto (González 18 pen, Todorov 23, Molina 24, Nonda 68)

At the top of the table Atletico de Madrid seem the biggest threat to Mallorca so far. Pavle said he is expecting Kozak usual poor form after christams allowing his team to claim 1st place. icon_biggrin.gif

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Latest Results

Betis 2-3 Marseille W

Basel 2-7 Marseille LC W

Man Utd 3-0 Marseille L

Arsenal 1-1 Marseille D

Barcelona 0-3 Marseille W

Marseille 2-0 Juventus W

Schalke 04 0-0 Marseille (lost on pens) LC

Lyon 1-1 Marseille D

Marseille 3-0 Liverpool W

Lazio 2-0 Marseille L

Marseille 1-0 Inter W

Dortmund 1-2 MarseilleW

Marseille 3-0 Schalke 04w

Ajax 1-4 Marseille W

Current League Position: 3rd

Top Scorers:

Pazzini 16

Castillo 5

Owen 4

Grisales 3

Soriano 3

Top Average Ratings

Pazzini 8.06

Davids 7.94

Grisales 7.63

Renato 7.50

Daniel Carvalho 7.47

Some great results of late for Marseille mean they are sitting 3rd in the Premier League, behind second placed Bayern on goal difference and 1st place Udinese by 4 points. According to the manager the main reasons for Marseille doing so well in their first season in the premier league is down to his summer, and club record, signing Pazzini as well as staying tight at the back.

Marseille are currently waiting on a work permit for Costa Rican international Gilberto Martinez who could be signed in January for a fee of around £2.2 million.

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

"GOALLLL for Liverpool"

That was the message that Reds fans were hearing alot more now due to the players acrtually getting their finger out of their arses and playing some bloddy decent football or in the words of QPR manager Ian Holloway....

"with our performance we definetley pulled a fine women tonight"

After the loss to Andy's Marsielle, Liverpool adavanced to the Quarter Final of the League Cup by beating Man Utd 3-0 at home with two from Nomvete and a John Carew goal.

Arsenal came next with the reds pulling out a 2-2 draw at Highburghy with Nomvete scoring both golas one in the last second from a deep Carew cross.

A loss against Juventus away from home but a 2-1 loss seemed not too bad and then Barcalona got thumphed 3-0 at Anfield.

It will be a Mersyside Derby in the laegue Cup Qtr finals and Basel are against the Reds with the tie in Basel.

Liverpool are currently 6th in the league even though it's really close for the last Champions League and UEFA Cup spots.

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

Lyon continue impressive form

After a poor start to the season Lyon are now just 5 points away from a Champions League spot after winning their last 4 league games. The run started with a 5-1 victory at top Italian side Inter, with Diego scoring 2 & Evandro Roncatto grabbing his first Premier League hat-trick. Next was a 3-0 win at home to manager Tom Williams' old club Lazio, once again Diego was on the scoresheat, taking his goal tally for the season to 10, not bad for a midfielder. Adriano & defender & captain Tiempe Klompe got the other 2. Just three days later Lyon travelled to Valencia where they won comfortably again, this time 4-2 with Advaldo and Adriano getting two goals each. That was followed by yet another impressive away win, this time against Dortmund. Roncatto continued his amazing form when he scored an amazing solo effort from 30 yards. The always dangerous Rosicky got Dortmund level but they just couldnt handle the skill & pace of Diego, who scored another 2 goals from midfield. If he continues to play like this he will surely win player of the year, although Udinese striker Fava Passaro might have something to say about that, with 36 goals already. The win was soured for Lyon though after 3 key players had to be carried off the pitch during the game, resulting in 2 month injuries for Adriano, who has just started to find his best form, Dawson, and Fredy William Thompson. This really is a huge blow for Lyon & their hopes of getting that 4th Champions League place.

Latest results :

Inter 1 5 Lyon

Lyon 3 Lazio 0

Valencia 2 Lyon 4

Dortmund 1 Lyon 3

Current League Postion = 10th

Top Scorers

Cerci 13 (7 for Leverkusen & 6 for Celta)

Diego 12

Adriano 9

Roncatto 7

Ederson 7

Advaldo 6

lyonheaderjpeg.jpgLyon cope well with injuries & continue good form

Things couldnt be going any better for Lyon at the moment, with 6 wins and 24 goals in their last 7 games despite a host of injuries to key players, the pre-season relegation favourites are now in the running for a Champions League place, and that prospect has really got the fans drooling. Already playing the likes of Manchester United, AC Milan & Real Madrid week in week out, if in the CL Lyon would have the chance to test themselves against the real giants of European football such as Accrington Stanley, Bury & of course the mighty Burnley. Now sitting in 6th place in the league, Lyon are just 6 points below 2nd placed Marseille, and only 4 behind 4th placed Liverpool.

With strikers Adriano & Gasparonni both out with serious injuries, Williams decided to cut short Alessio Cerci's loan spell at Celta & he has started the last three league games.

The first was a potentially tricky away game against under performing Ajax, Van Der Vaart surprisingly opened the scoring for the home side after Lyon spurned a series of great chances, Diego with most of them. Lyon continued to create chances at will and finally levelled the game through that man Cerci in the last minute of the game. Next up they had Chelsea at home, Mutu hit the post in the first minute for the blues and that turned out to be their only shot of the match, as Lyon continued their good form and cruised to a 3-0 victory, Roncatto with the first & Diego with the second & third goals. Last up was a relatively easy home game against relegation certanties Schalke, who have won only once this season . It didnt take long for Lyon to take the lead, Italian teenager Ricaro Montolivo with a superb 25 yarder. Roncatto made it 2-0 just before half time & the amazing Diego completed the scoring late in the 2nd half to make it 3-0.

Current League Position = 6th

Latest Results

Ajax 1 1 Lyon

Lyon 2 0 Chelsea

Lyon 3 0 Schalke

Archived