Something that's always 'bugged' me...

"You have taken the Sampdoria job without being able to speak Italian. Surely this will have a negative effect whilst you get to grips with the language"?

I know it's nothing major, but I would really like the option of choosing which languages I speak, rather than having this dictated by which nationality I choose. For the record, I don't speak Italian in real life, neither do I speak Spanish, French, Japanese or anything else besides English. However, I am also not a football manager, and my previous experience is not international footballer. I like to play the game 'my way', and having the option to say that I speak different languages would be nice.

Furthermore, I often wonder about those FM-ers out there who do speak multiple languages in real life and find that they cannot reflect this in their manager profile. Does it bug you guys or am I alone on this?

I'm sure it's just cosmetic, however the wording of the press conference question quoted above makes me wonder if speaking the language of the nation you are in does have an impact on things?

Thoughts?

Yeah it would be a really good and simple idea to put into the next version. And one other thing, i would like to see Welsh as a language option! it would be an easy way to impress us welsh , despite hardly anyone actually speaking the language in Wales any more :(

Archived