The Spanish Inquisition [*Established Clan*]

inquisition.jpg

fmo_white.gif

Last night Thursday the 15th of January 2004 will long be remembered in the history of Spanish football, La Liga was rocked to its core, no the Beckham’s didn't have another fight, in fact the Spanish no longer care for that silly little English couple, for the 6 Amigos have landed.

Last night, six of Spain’s top clubs sensationally sacked their managers and appointed new managers, in the shape of six young unknown Spaniards of Scottish Decent. The news was broken last night at a quickly called press conference.

Barcelona called in the services of Stefano Bodragueno, Real Betis went for the services of Eon Santos, Valencia opted for Gaz Tonerino, Simonio Del Ferreto was hired by Atletico Madrid, Savio Mambo was hired by Celta Vigo and finally Deportivo went for Niko Christianez.

All six managers have admitted to having a more in depth knowledge of the Scottish Lower Leagues than Spain, which is well known as simple the Best League in Europe. They all plan to rise to the task in hand which is simple

Knock Real Madrid and their pouncy little English player from their top spot.

Asked why the clubs had opted for unknown Spaniards of Scots decent, the clubs were unanimous in their reply.

“It is simple, Scots Simply make the best Managers, so to avoid the language barrier we’ve opted for Spaniards with Scots roots and a Scottish attitude to club management.â€

One thing is obvious though, Real are in for one tough time and I’m sure one particular player is sure to receive the old

“No.5 f$*k him routine.â€

Soon we'll have a more indepth Article from each of the managers, that have rocked La Liga to its core.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inquisition.jpg

fmo_white.gif

Last night Thursday the 15th of January 2004 will long be remembered in the history of Spanish football, La Liga was rocked to its core, no the Beckham’s didn't have another fight, in fact the Spanish no longer care for that silly little English couple, for the 6 Amigos have landed.

Last night, six of Spain’s top clubs sensationally sacked their managers and appointed new managers, in the shape of six young unknown Spaniards of Scottish Decent. The news was broken last night at a quickly called press conference.

Barcelona called in the services of Stefano Bodragueno, Real Betis went for the services of Eon Santos, Valencia opted for Gaz Tonerino, Simonio Del Ferreto was hired by Atletico Madrid, Savio Mambo was hired by Celta Vigo and finally Deportivo went for Niko Christianez.

All six managers have admitted to having a more in depth knowledge of the Scottish Lower Leagues than Spain, which is well known as simple the Best League in Europe. They all plan to rise to the task in hand which is simple

Knock Real Madrid and their pouncy little English player from their top spot.

Asked why the clubs had opted for unknown Spaniards of Scots decent, the clubs were unanimous in their reply.

“It is simple, Scots Simply make the best Managers, so to avoid the language barrier we’ve opted for Spaniards with Scots roots and a Scottish attitude to club management.â€

One thing is obvious though, Real are in for one tough time and I’m sure one particular player is sure to receive the old

“No.5 f$*k him routine.â€

Soon we'll have a more indepth Article from each of the managers, that have rocked La Liga to its core.

barcelona.jpg

Camp Nou erupts as Catalan Giants sensationally fire Coach

Spanish football was rocked to its core today when Barca chairman Juan Laporta sensationally fired Frank Riijkaard after transfer target Steed Malbranque told him "Im not playing for that twat. Did you SEE what he did to Holland?". An immediate move was made for a lesser known, less high profile Coach in young spanish/scottish manager Stefano Bodragueno. Having taken the Barcelona C team to victory in the Sin Setido cup, and winning the recent Copa Sin Valor.

Upon his appointment , Bodragueno promised a new broom. He promised every player who he felt was unworthy of wearing the hallowed strip would be shown the exit door, and some who had been brought in by the previous manager would be unceremoniously sent back from whence they came. The dressing room cull would be swift and ruthless. The club had been standing still now for five long years, and Bodragueno was always looking to move forward.

Week 1 - Dressing Room Carnage

The look on Ronaldinho's buck-toothed face said it all. "qué la cogida usted significa usted me está vendiendo" cried the Brazilian whilst eating an apple through a tennis racket, "Acabo de llegar solamente". Bodragueno grabbed the boy by his mullet like perm and shouted "You are a disgrace to Brazil. The boy who lives off Ronaldo's coat tails. One free kick against a duff English goalkeeper and you think youre Jairzinho. No more will this club suffer fools like you. Get out of my sight, and take Rochemback & Riquelme with you. I have enough problems without 3 R-soles like you around".

Ronaldinho slunk off into the night like a thief with very very big teeth, muttering curse words and swearing revenge. A short plane journey later, and he was in Manchester, and the Barca kitty had £12 mill more to spend. The other 2 R-Soles would prove harder to remove.

Following this, the exodus gathered speed. Rafael Marquez found himself leaving on a free to Valencia, whilst Javier Saviola found himself surprisingly heading towards Stamford Bridge in another Bodragueno mega-deal. The door at Barca appeared to be swinging only one way, as out went Roberto Bonano , Philip Cocu , Marc Overmars , Luis Enrique, Luis Garcia and a host of other "Established" first teamers. The axe swung wildly and frequently, and the players lived in fear for their first team places as a plethora of new talent arrived at Camp Nou.

Kristjansson , Davis , Lucio , Malbranque , Dominguez , Tonetto , Toni , Zonneveld , Arteta and Pazzini arrived as the pressure mounted on the existing stars to "Play for their places or their P45's". Manager Bodragueno had set the bar and challenged his squad to meet his expectations. Only time would tell if this challenge would be answered . . . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ronaldinho <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really don't like this player bod do you icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait till i play Madrid. You think Ronaldinho gets abuse, wait till Beckham plays against us.

10 men man marking 1 player for the last 5 minutes icon_smile.gif All on Hard Tackling!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Bod

If rochemback is still at barca ill take him next seesion!

Cheers

Sy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sy , make a bid this season, and hes yours for absoloutely no money whatsoever, not even a sell on clause. I have no need for him (I have 4 EU DM C's and i could do without him).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Do we get a prize for the first person to crock Beckham ? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No , but anyone whos online , send me a PM on MSN or IRC and ill link you to the club banners which Iain has thoughtfully provided (cheers big man) and you can post your first reports.

ill post my reports after the next session as i arrived late and did zero on the transfer front!

bod expect a bid for rochemback! cheers

ian gave me his link for my banner so cheers ian great job once again ill buy yer a pint at the next meet!

Sy

betis.jpg

Betis Announce new Coach.

Real Betis Balompie has followed suit of 5 other major spanish clubs and announced a Scots Spaniard, Eon Santos as their new Manager.

The Seville club rocked la liga by sacking boss Víctor Fernandez for failing to set the heather on fire, something which Santos promises to do.

Tension was in the air at the club, players sat in stone silence at teh 1st meeting with new boss Santos. News of teh mayhem that has sweep teh Camp Nou had spread like wild fire and every player feared for the football future.

"Every player is safe and no one will be ascked or freed" came from Santos as the player let out a sigh of relief."For a least six months anyway !" The player looked back at Santos.

"I've just arrived back from Glasgow and to be honest i dont know this city or the squad, as i have no memory of my last visit to Seville. I've looked over the squad and i'm please with whats here, so i'm giving you all six months to prove to me that your good enough for Betis, some of you however are going to the b squad and some are off on loan."

Santos also annouced the arrival of Catanha to add some strength to a weak but creative front line and also annouced that a bids have been made for 3 other players.

But the biggest change will come in the form of the background staff, a number of new coaches and scouts have been lined up to bring the best from this young squad and to capture the best young players that spain has to offer.

athletico.jpg

Athlectico Madrid Boardroom Coup!!

Top Spanish TV magnate Juan Kerr today won his chance to become the new chairman of Atlectico Madrid by sensationally ousting the current board quikly followed by the manager. Juan Kerr of Scottish Decent moved swiftly to appoint Simonio Del Ferreto as new manager the further stamp the Spanish-Scottish contingant at the Club

Manager Del Ferreto instantly rang in the changes with numerous players headin out on loan or into the B and Under 19 squads, A new traing regime was drawn up and rumors are spreading of backroom staff being replaced. Only one player has been sacked as part of the clubs plans, Bosnian Hibic, a former Rangers target was given a free but has recently been seen training at Real Betis.

The manger stated his intention to see Athletico in Europ next season.

"Fars me fookin Bucky?...... I mean i think this club has massive potential and as long as we make Europe this season the progressive stragety of this club will be going according to plan".......hav ye got a spare couple o euros for some fags big man?"

Players In

ALEX MOSTOVOI - CELTA - 500K

MARC OVERMARS - BARCA - 2.5M

MARCO RIECH - W.BREMEN - 1M

PASCAL CYGAN - ARSENAL - 1.7M

J.A. BOUMSONG - AUXERRE - 5.75M

ALEX FARNERUD - HAMMERBY? - 2M

JONATHEN - VALENCIA - LOAN

Players Out

Hibic - Freed

Uno Tennants por favor!

Sy

valencia.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Valencia chairman Jamie Orti today announced that they were the latest club to appoint a new manager following in the footsteps of Barca and co, Orti described the sitution as 'best for the club' and he was sure he had made the right choice in appointing Gaz Tonerino to take the realm over, Tonerino who had started his playing career in spain many years ago said 'It was fate, he'd start his managerial career in Spain too'. There looks to be some interesting times ahead for Valencia.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fast Forward A Few Weeks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Valencia fans were still coming to terms with the new manager when low and behold Mr Tonerino done something not even his team could comprehend, he sold influential defender Roberto Ayala which according to reports has unsettled the club and several players including key players Santiago Canizares and Rubens Baraja have been reportedly unhappy.

Tonerino defending the sale of the player to Deportivo and blamed the 'stupid' 4 non eu rule "Yes to be sure it was dissappointing that we had to sell Ayala but in todays market we got good money for him and may i remind you we also managed to bring in 3 defenders who have the abilty and the potenial to be just as good if not better than Roberto in the coming years and we still made a profit".

When Tonerino was confronted on the happiness of his players he was quick to dismay any rumours "I would expect some players to be unhappy with the decision but they are professionals and i can even reveal today that Santiago Canizares has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2007", Some good news for Valencia fans at last! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Marchena - Deportivo - £3m

Jacques-Noel Moffi - free

Roberto Ayala - Deportivo - £5m

Angel Amarilla - Racing Santander £550k

Curo Torres - Mallorca - £3.4m

Players in

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Scott Agnew - Rangers - £275k

Alessio Cerci - Roma - £625k

Matei Mirel Radoi - Steaua - £1.5m

Rafael Marquez - Barcelona - Free

Martin Albrechtsen - FC Copenhagen - £3.3m

Riccardo Montovilo - Atalanta - £2.1m

Giampolo Pazzini - Atalanta - £12.25m

Kapo - Auxerre - £7.25m

Fernando Ricksen - Rangers - £6.5m

Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Valencia 3 - 0 Deportivo

Pazzini 24,30

Baraja 50

Valencia 6 - 0 Atletico

Pazzini 19,36

Cerci 23

Xisco 72,74

Aurelio 78

Zaragoza 0 - 1 Valencia

Xisco 33

Mallorca 1 - 1 Valencia

Bruggink 4 Cerci 63

Uefa Cup - Dundee 0 - 4 Valencia

Pazzini 41,45 pen 82

Corcoles 43

</pre>

I'm at college tonight. Will be home anytime between 7:45 and 8:45 as was my late arrivals for the clan on Thursdays. More than willing to get the game up though.

I shall start sending out emails of when I can put the game up like a day before or so to save us from cluttering the board with "when can we play talk". Alrighty icon_biggrin.gif

Good work on the thread and all the banners, I take it one was done for Celta, I could not get the link on the MSM the other night to work. I’ll get a wee report on who has been bought and sold along with results, just as long as I don’t have to report on my European matches icon_eek.gif

Just post the Banner in a reply and I’ll grab it.

I’ll have a look in later to see if the games on tonight.

Later.

deportivo.jpg

Deportivo La Coruna, who? Well that is a question you may very well have been asking as short a time ago as 1993. For in 1993 they had only just been promoted from the Spanish 2nd Division into La Liga where they were expected to be an easy three points. But Deportivo are not a team to go by the script and instead of simply falling back into the 2nd Division, the appropriately named Superdepor, decided to finish 2nd. Surely a fluke you say? Well you would think so but then this is where they prove their name of Superdepor as they bettered their 94 season by holding on to their runner up spot and adding the Spanish Cup to their trophey cabnit in 95. Depor then had a minor slump when it was though that the bubble had burst. They shrugged off those suggestions by going out and winning the league in 2000 and for the hell of it made it a double by winning the Super Cup. 2001 and 2002 were a little tougher when they only managed 1 Super Cup triumph and runners up in both seasons. 2003 was a catastrophe as they only finished 3rd.

Hang on a second the team have gone from 2nd Divsion to one of the top three teams in Spain in 10 years and that is a catastrophe? Well yes, for chairman Lendoiro it is. Where is the European success he craved, only 1 La Liga triumph, only 1 Spanish Cup! Too many runners up almosts for the big wig's liking that he decided to sack his manager and bring in someone he could trust with his beloved club. Somebody that he knew would take his side to glory in both the domestic and European front before going all out and taking over the world.

That man was Niko Christianez by the way. Who? Ask again in 10 years time........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Good work on the thread and all the banners, I take it one was done for Celta, I could not get the link on the MSM the other night to work. I’ll get a wee report on who has been bought and sold along with results, just as long as I don’t have to report on my European matches icon_eek.gif

Just post the Banner in a reply and I’ll grab it.

I’ll have a look in later to see if the games on tonight.

Later.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celta Banner

deportivo.jpg

Hello fans I'm Niko Christianez, you may not think so just now but I will be the man that you will be thanking over the next few seasons for making your football club special.

Let me tell you who I have brought into the club and what I expect each players role to be in this wonderful squad.

My first signing was 24 year old, centre back, Marchena. I have high hopes that we will be seeing this terrific young stopper develop into quite a commanding figure and captain over the next few years. The man is a rock who I hold in very high regard.

Gustavo Lopez has come in to bolster our attacking options. When Gustavo plays to his capabilities, things happen that you can only admire. He can tear defenses apart and will graft away. He is the perfect strike partner for any forward. At 30 years of age i'm sure Gustavo will play a vital role in taking this club to it's next step.

I still believed that defence was our weakest link so with a little bit of luck we captured the signature of one Roberto Fabian Ayala. A world class centre half who would instantly command a place in any teams line up. If only he were Spanish. Roberto is also 30 and i'm delighted to say still has that burning desire to be the best and continue to win.

My final signing was that of Emile Mpenza. I have watched the big striker for many years and i'm amazed that he has never been to a bigger club than Shalke 04 where he made a name for himself before returning to Belgium. He is just 25 and I thoroughly expect him to bag a lot of goals during his time at Deportivo.

As always when new signings come in, some players have to leave the club. We wish Mauro Silva and Nourredine Naybet the best of luck at their new clubs Villarreal and Real Sociedad respectively.

I am very happy with the squad that we have and I hope they put on the display that I know they can while still providing the result that we are looking for.

We nervously edged past Dinamo Tbilisi, who had already put out Celtic, in order to qualify for the Champions League. After a 0-0 home result we managed to beat them 2-1 in Georgia. Dissapointing but qualification none the less. We will meet Monaco. Inter Milan and Flora in the group stage.

The league couldn't have started much poorer as Valencia tore apart our midfield and defence to beat us 3-0 at the Mestalla.

We went to work at training to try and sort these issues out and it prevailed in the first half at Malaga when we went 2-0 up through Romero's wonderful solo goal and a Sergio header. However the team slowed down in the 2nd half and Malaga were able to steal a point. This is something the team will not be making a habit of.

We now had three games at home to kick start our season. It began with a 3-0 win over Murcia with goals from Victor, Tristan and Marchena. We played well and were solid at the back.

Could we carry that into our game against Inter Milan though as we started the CL for real? We restricted Inter to just 1 real chance and we grabbed both of ours as Gustavo Lopez netted a brace and a tremendous game.

This was followed up with a uneasy game against Osasuna as they sat in front of their box to defend. Victor managed to get a late goal to deservedly win us the points.

Back on the road as we travelled to Valladolid and succeded in another 1-0 victory.

4 wins on the trot without a goal conceded is a healthy record and one which i'm looking to build on as we travel to Tallin to face Flora.

barcelona.jpg

Usted le piensa puede batir Barca? Barca le batirá todo!

After a successful pre-season, filled with promising signings, high profiles exits, and promises of success from the board and the manager, the Barca faithful were expectant. Too long had the Catalan giants slumbered in the Shadow of their Madridista neighbours. Something had to happen to awaken the fans. New heroes must emerge. Barca must rise again!

Players in

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Tom Huddlestone - Derby - £450k

<LI>Mike Zonneveld - NEC - £2.2M

<LI>Steed Malbranque - Fulham - £5.25M

<LI>Pablo Cesar Zegarra - Free Transfer

<LI>Giovanni Van Bronckhorst - Arsenal - £3.5M

<LI>Porarinn Brynjar Kristjansson - Keflavik - £400k

<LI>Santi Dominguez - U.D.Merida - £525K

<LI>Daniel Fredheim Holm - Skeid - £500k

<LI>Luca Toni - Palermo - £2.4M

<LI>Daniel Braathen - Skeid - £250k

<LI>Simon Francis - Bradford - £500k

<LI>Ricardo Carvalho - Porto - £1.8M

<LI>Mikel Arteta - Rangers - £3.7M

<LI>Sean Davis - Fulham - £2.8M

<LI>Orri Freyr Oskarsson - Por - £100k

<LI>Dickson Etuhu - Preston - £1.3M

<LI> Total - £25.5M

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Roberto Bonano - Sampdoria - £1.4M

<LI>Rafael Marquez - Valencia - Free

<LI>Ronaldinho - £11.25M plus future fees

<LI>Marc Overmars - Atletico Madrid - £2.5M

<LI>Total Received - £15.25M

An impressive list of signings heartened the barca fans, and the start to the season gave them genuine hope that the once great Catalunya would once more dominate Spanish football. And to start, a derby played with pride , passion and respect, in stark contrast to what was to come.

Atletico Bilbao 1 - 3 Barcelona

The season opened away to fierce rivals Atletico Bilbao. The club, famous for its basque-only signing policy, has been a mainstay in the spanish top flight for decades, and command a huge deal of respect from everyone in Spanish football for their continued support of their local communities. However inside 12 minutes , a ball down the left was floated across by Thiago Motta, and as everyone missed it, Ricardo Quaresma snuck in at the far post to side foot home the opener. 3 minutes later and it was 2, Zonneveld capitalising on a foul on Saviola to curl home the first of what was to be a series of free kicks during the season from fully 25 yards. 7 minutes later, the tie was over. Quaresma went marauding down the wing and his trickery brought an overzealous tackle from Guerrero, leading to a Barca penalty. Kluivert stepped up and opened his account. The game after that became rather scrappy, with Bilbao looking out of sorts, although they did pick up a later goal in 66 minutes courtesy of a Julen Guerrero run and shot. Barca start the season as they mean to continue ....

Barcelona 6 - 0 Betis

Manager Eon Santos has a superb squad at his disposal, and was confident that in bringing this side to the Camp Nou, they could cause an upset and begin a genuine assault on the title. Alas, it was not to be, as Betis capitulated terribly under crushing Barca pressure. Luca Toni opened the scoring in just 3 minutes , latching onto a Van Bronckhorst through ball to coolly round the keeper and score. Half an hour later, a floated cross from the left was met by the same player, and it was 2-0 and looking horribly one sided. Ono 37 minutes , another through ball, this time from Arteta , found Kristjansson and he opened his account for the club in style , lobbing the keeper from 20 yards.

The halftime air was turned blue in the Betis dressing room as manager Santos laid into his lacklustre troops, demanding more fight in the second half. In the Barca dressing room, they smiled , laughed , and cracked jokes about Ronaldinho's teeth and David Beckham's hair. Madrid apparently had been put off the idea of signing Ronaldinho as they didnt want the pair playing in the same team. They said they couldnt market the product, as Disney already had the rights to "Beauty and the Beast".

The second half started in classic Barca style. Flowing , passing football , superb movement, and when in 56 minutes Xavi picked up the ball 25 yards out after a corner and screamed one into the corner, manager Santos was already making calls to agents demanding some decent defenders and a goalkeeper that didnt think he was David James. Bodragueno felt this was the time to ease off a bit, and replaced Kristjansson , Quaresma and Toni with Braathen , Oskarsson and Kluivert. None of the three seemed prepared to "Ease Off" and in 70 minutes , an Oskarsson run and shot rebounded to the feet of Kluivert and he tapped in to an empty net. Then on 79 minutes the goal of the game, as Braathen picked up the ball in his own half , beat one man , 2 men , 3 men , hit the byeline and produced a sensational cross which eluded the keeper and found Kluivert unmarked at the back post for 6-0.

The crowd erupted. Real football had returned to Barcelona!

However after every high there must be a low, and this one was a real surprise!

Albacete 3 - 3 Barcelona

2 Minutes on the clock. Cross from Quaresma , Saviola strikes , 1-0. 5 Minutes on the clock , Cross from Motta , Saviola strikes , 2-0. 27 minutes on the clock , Arteta through ball , Kluivert slides the ball under the onrushing keeper , 3-0. Hal time , 3-0 , Barca cruising , right?

Wrong.

Barca seemed to switch off in the second half. The midfield forgot how to tackle, the defence forgot how to mark, and the Strikers seemed to think their job was done. Albacete picked up a 63rd minute penalty which Galca converted, but it seemed only a consolation goal, until in the 87th minute , Galca made a surging run through the middle , Arteta missed the tackle, and he fired a stinging 25 yard drive past a helpless Rustu. Barca seemed stunned to find their opponents had anything left, and were even more stunned when with 93:35 on the clock, a corner from the left was met by fullback Ojeda , who powered in at the near post. The silence of the Barca faithful was deafening. How. When. What. Why? Manager Bodragueno had few answers, but rang the changes for the next match, the biggest game in the Spanish sporting calendar. The derby with the Madridistas.

Barcelona 3 - 0 Real Madrid

This wasnt even a contest. If it was, the referee would have stopped it by half time. Only 3 minutes on the clock and Kluivert muscled Pavon off the ball, injuring the centre-back in the process, and slammed home an unstoppable drive past the helpless Casillas. Nobody in the Madrid line up seemed to know how to break down a resolute Barca defence, and they were caught time and again on the break by Motta and Quaresma. Although they held out until half time, the writing was on the wall, and in 66 minutes, Saviola bamboozled the Madrid defence and was sent crashing to the ground for his troubles. From the resultant penalty , Dead-Ball expert Mike Zonneveld curled home for a 2-0 lead.

Zonneveld, a bargain £2.2 million signing from NEC, said afterwards he has to pinch himself now and again to remind himself he really is an established first teamer at Barcelona, and hopes to reward the fans for their support with a few more goals.

The pressure seemed to ease slightly on Madrid after that, and they came back into the game, bringing on Guti for Zidane, and injecting some more steel into the midfield. Alas , they were again caught on the break as Oskarsson , a 71st minute substitute for Quaresma , was fed on the right wing and cut in to blast past Casillas for the 3rd and final goal on the night. To add insult to injury, big name signing Djibril Cisse missed a 90th minute penalty after Ronaldo was felled in the box. The Barca fans went absoloutely mental.

Manager McGuinness was on Scouting duty at El Madrigal looking at Brazilian centre back Belletti when the UEFA cup rolled around. Leaving assistant manager Henk Ten Caat in charge, he was pleasantly surprised by the outcome, as the manager had already identified the competition as one he had no interest in, and thus had played a reserve side.

Barcelona 2 - 1 La Louviere

An early strike by Eddy Bourgeois seemed to spark life into the Barca side which played only 3 first team regulars. Kluivert struck first , firing home from close range after good work from Braathen , and then a Van Bronckhorst piledriver in the 2nd half finished the scoring in Barca's favour.

Off the pitch , more signings had been made. Another £17 million was leaving the Catalan giants and 3 prospects and a world class defender were making their way to the Camp Nou .......

Celta 0 - 3 Barcelona

"Haw Mistar. Gonnae Lift us over Mistar" said the small figure of Chico Youngerino as he attempted to gain entry to Celta's stadium to commentate on the battle of the giants. To his credit, he could have simply copied his statements from the previous Barca game against Real Madrid, as the Light Blues found themselves overwhelmed from the start against a fluent, counter attacking Barca. Kluivert opened the scoring in 12 minutes , a strong shot slipping under the keepers body. Saviola made it 2 on the stroke of half time , a long run , and cut inside and a deadly finish. And on 93 minutes, with the game long dead and buried a strong shot in at the near post.

Barcelona 7 - 0 Malaga

In a bad tempered affair , an early free kick from Zonneveld was the difference after only a few minutes. However when Xavi flighted in a corner from the left and Zonneveld was pushed to the ground for a penalty, Malaga's Vicente Valcarce took it personally and kicked out at Zonneveld as he lay on the ground. A straight red was the result, and the rout was on. Bodragueno , sensing victory , changed to an all out attacking formation, and by half time, a goal from Luca Toni and 2 from debutant Santi Dominguez had Barca cruising. With the game won, Bodragueno gave debuts to 2 more starlets , Orri Freyr Oskarsson and Pablo Zegarra , and both delighted the manager , Oskarsson with a brilliant assist to Daniel Braathen for the 6th goal, and Zegarra with a wonderful dribble and finish to wrap it up at 7-0. The board were ecstatic at the result, and Manager Bodragueno need never buy himself another Cerveza in any bar in Catalunya.

Gimnastica 1 - 2 Barcelona

Spanish Cup first round. 9 changes including 7 players under 21. Barca cruise through with goals from Oskarsson & Braathen , and a late strike from Chili doesnt reflect the overall pattern of the game.

La Louviere 0 - 0 Barcelona

With the big games coming up, Bodragueno again shuffled the pack and played the reserves. After winning the first leg 2-1 Barca only required a draw and a very dull game with little goalmouth incident ended in the desired result. Next up was the big one though , 1st v 2nd. A title decider this early in the season?

The 2nd Round of the UEFA cup was drawn, and Glasgow Rangers found themselves coming to the Camp Nou. Bodragueno welcomed the draw, claiming he was happy to be visiting relatives for the return leg.

Barcelona 1 - 2 Valencia

Game of the year. No Question. A passionate , skilful, advertisement for Spanish Football. Early chances were sparse, but Valencia went in at the break 1-0 up courtesy of a deflected Pablo Aimar drive, but 15 minutes into the second half, a Kluivert drive was brilliantly saved by Canizares, and Quaresma was on hand to finish the job. Barca pressed for the winner, but uncharacteristically Puyol allowed himself to be dispossed by Kapo , and his driving run set Xisco free, and the striker hammered a shot hard past a helpless Rustu. Late pressure almost brought an equaliser, but Valencia held out for a famous victory.

Murcia 2 - 0 Barcelona

Holy Mother of God. Barca losing at home in a top of the table clash is one thing, but to follow it up with a convincing defeat to the bottom team in the league is tantamount to acknowledging a crisis. An outstanding display from Julio Alvarez up front for Murcia saw Barca troop off the field in a state of total shock. Elsewhere though , Betis beat Valencia to blow the title race wide open.

Sevilla 1 - 3 Barcelona

This is more like it. 6 Changes were made to bring in players with a little more hunger and it worked like a charm. Goals from Zonneveld , Kluivert and Motta and a late strike from Reyes brought Barca back into the title hunt.Manager Bodragueno seemed happy enough at the post match press conference, and publicly praised the efforts of his goalkeeper Recber Rustu , who has been a tower of strength in this difficult run.

Osasuna 0 - 4 Barcelona

The rebuilding continued with a superb win over Osasuna. Zonneveld , Motta and a double from young strike sensation Santi Dominguez saw Barca close to within a point of league leading Depor, and increase their goal difference to an incredible +24. Kluivert & Saviola looked on amazed, wondering if the new look team would keep them on the bench for a while to come.

1 Point between the top 4 teams

1. Valencia - 23pts.

2. Barca - 22pts.

3. Atletico - 22pts

4. Depor - 22pts.

5. Betis - 18pts.

9. Celta - 14pts.

The human managers all fighting it out closely grouped, with the exception of Celta, who look all but doomed to miss out on Europe after a terrible start to the season, despite making multiple huge bids on players, and having in Catanha the best striker in the division.

Barcelona 1 - 1 Valladolid

Theres a lot of be said for Hunger. With the run going well, McGuinness brought back the stars for the home game with Valladolid, and got burned. The team underperformed, and an early goal put Barca onto the back foot. A strong response from Saviola meant a 1-1 halftime scoreline, but the team finishing with every player having a 7 said it all. An average performance which may have cost Barca the title, as they slip 3 points behind leaders Valencia, and into 4th behind Atletico and Barca.

Lo ChampHolic wot ya prob M8 I’ll Hi 5 Ma buds if I like!!!!!!!! (Red Rag to a Bull) icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway Lad’s sounds good, I’ll be on to continue my catch up with Celta, were on the move! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

no sms speak please. lo aint a word icon_smile.gif its hello and ya is you and wot is what icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are being totally pedantic it's not aint, its isn't or is not.

excuse me but we are a scottish orientated clan, words like Lo,ya and wot can be classed as regional dilect. icon_rolleyes.gif

For example Im Aberdonian

fitlike min foo yer doos ?? still peckin??

was it a slow day at mod towers??? icon_razz.gif

Sy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

excuse me but we are a scottish orientated clan, words like Lo,ya and wot can be classed as regional dilect. icon_rolleyes.gif

For example Im Aberdonian

fitlike min foo yer doos ?? still peckin??

was it a slow day at mod towers??? icon_razz.gif

Sy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I was taking the píss out of that other guy icon_wink.gif

celtavigo.jpg

It was with great excitement that I Savio would like to announce that I have taken the role as manager with Celta-Vigo. This my first foray in the Spanish league will hopefully be successful and my time with the club will be a step forward. Firstly it will take time for me to get the team, my own team as it were on the park but be assured the fans can expect quality players and new and exciting youngsters brought on board. The original budget of only 10 Million will be further added by the sale of a few of the playing staff on the books and it will be a transitional period this season, but the fans can expect nothing more than 100% from there manager.

Our league form has seen us rise to fifth place so far, and leaving out the disappointment of European competitions it’s been a good start. To go out of the CL and UEFA Cup was bitterly disappointing but these games just came to quick for the manager to get to know his players.

Players Sold.

Gustavo Lopez

Catanha

Caceres, Fernando Gabriel

Jandro

Mostovoi, Alexander

Juanfran

Maric, Goran Total: 16.75M

Players Bought.

Harbuzi Labinot

Cesar Total: 650K

Future Transfers.

0/4 Carew, John

0/4 Roque Junior

0/4 Dilevski Spance

0/4 Zenden, Boudenwijn

0/5 Riquelme, Juan Roman Total: 13.6M

As the Fans can see both Edu and Jesuli have combined to great effect up front as a strike force with Peter Luccin providing support. With the new players that will be bought both the midfield and defence will be strengthened.

We will ensure that the next time we step out in Europe we will do our fans justice for all there support.

valencia.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The honeymoon period appears to be over at the Mestalla, many changes have happened and manager Tonerino doesn't look like he is about to stop recent rumours to be coming out the Mestalla is that influential midfield superstar Pablo Aimar might be up for sale after recent interest from Italian giants Internazionale Tonerino however wasn't available to confirm nor deny these reports.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Valencia 3 - 0 Racing Santander

Pazzini 3

Ricardo OG 47

Ricardo Olivera 77

Villarreal 0 - 0 Valencia

Cup - Lanzarote 0 - 2 Valencia

Agnew 16

Cerci 19

UEFA - Valencia 2 - 0 Dundee

Aurelio 2

Corcoles 45

Barcelona 1 - 2 Valencia

Quaresma 60 Aimar 28

Xisco 78

Valencia 0 - 1 Betis

Catantha pen 3

Valencia 1 - 0 Celta

Cerci 13

Valencia 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Pazzini 14

Xisco 78

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Valencia

Portillo 4 Pazzini pen12, 30

Malaga 1 - 1 Valencia

Insua 49 Aimar 44

Marquez Sent Off 67

Valencia 1 - 1 Murcia

Baraja 56 Esnaider 75

Uefa 2nd rnd 2nd leg - Vilaznia 2 - 3 Valencia

Licaj pen39 Mista 12

Sinani 41 Pazzini 29,30

Albacete 1 - 0 Valencia

Basti 31

Osasuna 1 - 2 Valencia

Punal 58 Pazzini 27,84

Sevilla 1 - 0 Valencia

Caquero 26 Ricksen sent off 84

SpanishCup2nd - Gramenet 1 - 4 Valencia

Jimenez 65 Pazzini 26

Cerci 28,50,76 </pre>

Some very hard fought victories over the last few weeks as the team continue to frustrate myself and the fans, however we are still in within touching distance of the top stop in the league and will continue to fight in hope we find some form of consistency to really ignite our season.

Holders - Real Madrid

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Deportivo | | 17 | 12 | 3 | 2 | 26 | 10 | +16 | 39 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Atlético Madrid | | 16 | 11 | 1 | 4 | 29 | 20 | +9 | 34 |

| 3rd | | Valencia | | 16 | 9 | 4 | 3 | 25 | 9 | +16 | 31 |

| 4th | | Barcelona | | 16 | 9 | 2 | 5 | 45 | 18 | +27 | 29 |

| 5th | | Celta | | 16 | 8 | 4 | 4 | 28 | 16 | +12 | 28 |

| 6th | | Real Madrid | | 17 | 8 | 4 | 5 | 24 | 16 | +8 | 28 |

| 7th | | Villarreal | | 17 | 7 | 6 | 4 | 20 | 15 | +5 | 27 |

| 8th | | Betis | | 16 | 7 | 5 | 4 | 21 | 24 | -3 | 26 |

| 9th | | Sevilla | | 16 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 21 | 18 | +3 | 23 |

| 10th | | Real Sociedad | | 16 | 7 | 2 | 7 | 27 | 20 | +7 | 23 |

| 11th | | Zaragoza | | 16 | 7 | 2 | 7 | 20 | 20 | 0 | 23 |

| 12th | | Osasuna | | 17 | 6 | 3 | 8 | 19 | 28 | -9 | 21 |

| 13th | | Valladolid | | 16 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 20 | 23 | -3 | 20 |

| 14th | | Racing Santander | | 17 | 5 | 3 | 9 | 19 | 28 | -9 | 18 |

| 15th | | Albacete | | 17 | 4 | 4 | 9 | 20 | 38 | -18 | 16 |

| 16th | | Athletic Bilbao | | 16 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 18 | 27 | -9 | 16 |

| 17th | | Mallorca | | 16 | 4 | 3 | 9 | 26 | 33 | -7 | 15 |

| 18th | | Espanyol | | 16 | 3 | 5 | 8 | 7 | 15 | -8 | 14 |

| 19th | | Málaga | | 16 | 3 | 3 | 10 | 19 | 39 | -20 | 12 |

| 20th | | Murcia | | 16 | 3 | 3 | 10 | 13 | 30 | -17 | 12 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

HO HO HO

With Depor through to the next round of the CL and romping La Liga it is no wonder Niko Christianez is walking around with a permanent erection.

More to follow on this story soon....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect Timing to mention this just as Depor have a Super-Formslump and drop to 3rd, behind the rampant Valencia and the in-form Barca.

Celta on the other hand have dropped off the radar completely, overtaken by a stunning set of results from Betis and by some woeful defending against the big teams.

Full updates to come, but this title race remains wide open .....

Yeah to decide to sell half the team and then not bring anyone in till next season ( I did have a whole line up of players for the start but Barca seemed interested in all of them and the window closed and got SFA) has left the old Celta a bit short with three reserve 19-21 year olds filling in the back line. But hay I just have to fight to get back in the pack, I just wish I had the spending power and the wage structure of some…

PS why did no one go R. Madrid, Was it purely we hate a Beckham thing or what? icon_biggrin.gif and dont say the buget thing as some of you have 40 mil to play with and a wage structure of over the 100K

betis.jpg

Betis Hang on in there.

Betis hand on in there only a few points of the top, and the team final appear to be getting some results now, and a wee bit of consistancy in there play.

Due to problems with Miss's Santos, Eon Santos missed most if not all the out of contract players during the transfer window and when he finallly took a wee peek at his shortlist is seemed that barselonski, sorry barcelona had signed up half of europe on pre contracts and the stadium expension to accomodate the playing staff is apparantly under way.

So with little to chose from and no money left betis have signed one or two squad players to help bring in some experience and cover and much needed competition for places is the weeker areas of the park.

Vincent Kompany was brought in to start the long term building process and the scouts have been sent out to watch a number of defenders with the new season and a crack at europe in mind, an abundance if wingers may see a little clear out of player in the summer but the 10 mil offer from Milian for Denilson was laughable as the player has been playing out of his skin all season.

Its now time to see what cash the board will hand Santos for the new season as a number of players have been identified now is up to the board to show and match the ambition of santos and for Miss's Santos to be sent shopping next at the time the transfer window opens.

Archived