The Spanish Inquisition [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

The SPANJOCKS ride again!!!!!!!

Thursday will see the scots clan take a four week break while rosco serves community service for his crimes againt football.

Anyway its time the amigos went back to the life of primera liga.

money, fame and Rebecca Loos are all waiting for us so lets get it on!

The meet mentioned that we play on only one night of the week so i will leave it to you guys to choose monday or thursday both are fine by me.

Chris could you send the save to iain as i believe you wanted someone else to host and iain offered.

OLE!

We're Back, viva the Spanjocks !

For too long have we dragged our pale butts rounds the lower league swamps of the Scottish Leagues having to bear the torment of the gypo glory hunter from this wet and winding country, suffering at the hands of cheap skate Directors and midfiled hatchet men and those bloody Scandinavians.

A holiday has been granted from Rosco upon high, so lets get or butts onto some cheap flights to Spain, the land of milk and honey, were the directors smile and wave fat cheques books in out general direction and our players can play football the sexy way !

As I tear of my duffel coat and woolly jumper I pull on the light loosely fitting T-shirt and assume my alter ego, I am no longer Iain Stewart, down trodden boss of the Blue Brazil, Cowdenbeath, I am Eon Santos happy boss of the mighty Betis !

Viva The Spanish Inquisition

Thursday night suits me lads but could do Monday at a push, let me know what you all think. Chris if you don’t want to host I’d be happy to do the honours, I can get my blueyonder details to you and you can mail it to me, or I’ve a web server with plenty space we could FTP the files.

cheers

Hi Niko Christianez here icon_smile.gif

I reinstalled all my broadband stuff last week and haven't had a prob since. Will start actually saving the game now as that was a bit silly last time icon13.gif Yeah so should be fine.

Ideally i'd like to play it to fill in for clan time but will go with the majority. I think he played if I gave enough notice and we had at least 3 bods. Could up that to 4.

So what does peeps think for a next Monday launch?

Lo all,

the reason behind my opting for the monday was that we all play clan games and are all comitted, so by just play on the thursday we can take advantage of the wee holiday we have from the scots clan, but i'm up for anything, and stick to the original set up if peeps wanna play the game goes ahead and we can continue from were we left off.

cheers

OK OK,

So lets take a vote to it then, All members get yer vote in ASAP

Vote for:

1. Mon and Thurs OR Monday only OR Thursday only

2.How many members must be present to play?

Lets get this thing going this week people!

Dogs....That thon Alex Holligan lad who couldnae hack it at Clyde? Aye nae bother icon_smile.gif

Ok we shall just opt for Thurs then so Iain can get his hole icon_razz.gif

I'm either out this or next thurs though so if you can get your erse on line one night before thurs Iain I shall give you the file. i'll be sitting on MSN.

Niko Christianez > Chris Nicol.

Guest sav112

Thurs is fine here, so the 10th looks good.

Mind I’ll have to get used to my Celta Vigo side again, it will be a refreshing change from Airdrie. The only thing I remember was Edu and Jesuli were on fire up front and someone beat me to sign Thierry Henry on a free, I think the poor sole is on 120K a week.

Of course Dog’s is welcome.

Savio

OK SO WE START THURSDAY. 10TH

Does anyone want to boot it up tonight (Monday) for some T&T and gettin used to your team again as a one off monday night special??

It will also give dogs time to pick a team and make some bids?

Start thinkin o yer spanish name dogs!

(Alexio del le hollando)

??

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Henry will be playing in the blue and white of Depor for no more than 75k icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what a steal 75K wage and for free as well icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

Were all of to sunny Spain, just as well its ****ing down here! Well at least the tic fans have their sad sombreros.

Just got asked to join another clan game EPL LOL, they must have read my match reports from the Scots and decided he’s pish he can join. Don’t worry I’d never leave my Airdrie in the Scots well unless that thistle job got offered or killie, oh face it any SPL Club.

Catch you all later icon_biggrin.gif

SAV

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

lets get it on you cerveza monkeys!!

Madrid! Madrid! Athletico! Madrid!

Remember new Spanish clan rule:

6.3.2 When playing Bod the Diablo must be used at all times. icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoted from "The Gospel According to Turpie"

Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | BOD | Barcelona | | 27 | 17 | 4 | 6 | 66 | 21 | +45 | 55 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | GAZ | Valencia | | 26 | 16 | 6 | 4 | 41 | 19 | +22 | 54 |

| 3rd | CHRIS | Deportivo | | 27 | 15 | 7 | 5 | 37 | 21 | +16 | 52 |

| 4th | IAIN | Betis | | 27 | 15 | 7 | 5 | 44 | 31 | +13 | 52 |

| 5th | SY | Atlético Madrid | | 26 | 14 | 4 | 8 | 39 | 32 | +7 | 46 |

| 6th | | Villarreal | | 27 | 12 | 6 | 9 | 39 | 31 | +8 | 42 |

| 7th | | Real Madrid | | 27 | 11 | 8 | 8 | 36 | 29 | +7 | 41 |

| 8th | SAV | Celta | | 27 | 11 | 7 | 9 | 48 | 39 | +9 | 40 |

| 9th | | Real Sociedad | | 27 | 11 | 6 | 10 | 41 | 31 | +10 | 39 |

| 10th | | Osasuna | | 27 | 11 | 6 | 10 | 30 | 37 | -7 | 39 |

| 11th | | Zaragoza | | 27 | 11 | 5 | 11 | 35 | 35 | 0 | 38 |

| 12th | | Sevilla | | 27 | 10 | 8 | 9 | 40 | 35 | +5 | 38 |

| 13th | | Valladolid | | 27 | 9 | 4 | 14 | 28 | 35 | -7 | 31 |

| 14th | | Málaga | | 27 | 9 | 4 | 14 | 35 | 50 | -15 | 31 |

| 15th | | Espanyol | | 27 | 6 | 10 | 11 | 16 | 21 | -5 | 28 |

| 16th | | Albacete | | 27 | 6 | 8 | 13 | 31 | 50 | -19 | 26 |

| 17th | | Racing Santander | | 27 | 7 | 5 | 15 | 30 | 48 | -18 | 26 |

| 18th | | Athletic Bilbao | | 27 | 7 | 5 | 15 | 30 | 54 | -24 | 26 |

| 19th | | Mallorca | | 27 | 6 | 6 | 15 | 36 | 49 | -13 | 24 |

| 20th | | Murcia | | 27 | 5 | 4 | 18 | 22 | 56 | -34 | 19 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

Guest sav112

Aye two more matches of forgettable Celta football for me. icon_wink.gif

After selling 20 mil of players before I even got to grips with the team was not the best thing to do, the back line and most of the mid are my kid’s after I got out bid for all my players at the start of the game, after thinking I’ll sell off the old wood and get my team on the park with this budget no problem, two crummy 500K buy’s later and the close of the window I was left with the bare minimum. icon_redface.gif

Roll on the new season and my new team and the 20 odd decent players coming in. I think I’m in 11th place with my defence and mid being so young. Still I won a few and drew a few last Night.

As long as I keep the job, I’m happy and a new Celta will be seen next season.

icon_biggrin.gif

Two more games to go then the pre season.

How about we play this monday comming as a one off to make sure we get over the last of the season and all the T&T so thursday is all about the playing and no *****ng about??

We can quit early if you guys want just as soon as we get preseason out the way.

Iain, Betis have stopped the rot, after the game you won, I beat Real to have then a point ahead of both you and me. Real, Athlectico and Betis then all won the next game so no change. You are in 6th behind me on Goal diff.

Chris has Real next so if he wins and one of us lose the CL spot will probably go to the wire.

I have a Home game V Malaga and an Away Game V Murcia.

Mon the Athletico!

valencia.jpg

The Mestalla in jubilant party mode, the champagne was pouring, the sun was shining and Valencia had just been crowned La Liga champions.

Now many would describe that as a perfect and succesful first season in charge at the Mestalla, however Tonerinho won't be resting on his laurels as the manager revealed to Valenciacf.es( the clubs official website) that he already has his sights set on Champions league glory next season.

"It's where everyone wants to be, it's where everyone wants to play. We are glad to be there but make no mistake we won't be going to make up the numbers we will be going to win!"

With the league wrapped up with two games to play Tonerinho can be forgiven for thinking ahead but first and foremost the team must be strenghted for an assualt on Europe as we seen what happened this season in the Uefa cup when Valencia crashed out the competiton to Italian giants Ac Milan in the Quarter Finals.

Tonerinho is aware of this and has already made in roads in this department with his caputre's of Real Sociedad's prolific hitman Darko Kovacevic, Bayern's defensive midfield dynamo Jen Jerimies and Lazio duo Sergio Conceicao and Dejan Stankovic. Valencia fans are still hopeful of a big name signing and Tonerinho is confident he can deliver one, one perhaps to deliver the Champions league trophy to the Mestalla.

Holders - Real Madrid

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | C | Valencia | | 36 | 23 | 8 | 5 | 61 | 25 | +36 | 77 |

| 2nd | | Deportivo | | 36 | 21 | 7 | 8 | 55 | 34 | +21 | 70 |

| 3rd | | Barcelona | | 36 | 21 | 7 | 8 | 85 | 27 | +58 | 70 |

| 4th | | Real Madrid | | 36 | 18 | 8 | 10 | 51 | 40 | +11 | 62 |

| 5th | | Atlético Madrid | | 36 | 18 | 7 | 11 | 55 | 51 | +4 | 61 |

| 6th | | Betis | | 36 | 18 | 7 | 11 | 52 | 48 | +4 | 61 |

| 7th | | Sevilla | | 36 | 16 | 9 | 11 | 60 | 41 | +19 | 57 |

| 8th | | Zaragoza | | 36 | 16 | 5 | 15 | 45 | 43 | +2 | 53 |

| 9th | | Villarreal | | 36 | 15 | 8 | 13 | 51 | 50 | +1 | 53 |

| 10th | | Real Sociedad | | 36 | 14 | 8 | 14 | 59 | 46 | +13 | 50 |

| 11th | | Celta | | 36 | 13 | 10 | 13 | 59 | 53 | +6 | 49 |

| 12th | | Osasuna | | 36 | 14 | 7 | 15 | 39 | 55 | -16 | 49 |

| 13th | | Espanyol | | 36 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 28 | 26 | +2 | 45 |

| 14th | | Málaga | | 36 | 11 | 8 | 17 | 44 | 66 | -22 | 41 |

| 15th | | Albacete | | 36 | 10 | 8 | 18 | 43 | 61 | -18 | 38 |

| 16th | | Mallorca | | 36 | 10 | 8 | 18 | 47 | 58 | -11 | 38 |

| 17th | | Valladolid | | 36 | 10 | 6 | 20 | 35 | 54 | -19 | 36 |

| 18th | | Athletic Bilbao | | 36 | 9 | 7 | 20 | 46 | 74 | -28 | 34 |

| 19th | | Racing Santander | | 36 | 8 | 7 | 21 | 42 | 68 | -26 | 31 |

| 20th | R | Murcia | | 36 | 8 | 5 | 23 | 30 | 67 | -37 | 29 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Guest sav112

SAVIO FC

Strikers

Henry Fra 8.5m

Van nistelrooy Hol 8m

Mid

Jeremies Ger 3M

Deco Por 4m

Zidane Fra 6.5M

Peev Bul 2.5M

Def

Paulo Ferreira Por 3M

G Neville Eng 4M

Pazin Bul 2.5M

Muller Sui 2.5M

Goal

James Eng 5M

49.5 mil.

betis.jpg

Betis Boss is Shock!

Betis suffered an almighty loss in forms with all players in the squad seeming to simply give up or run out of steam. The amoun of late goals concided is scary. with the season over a place in the Champions league or Uefa cup to play, Betis players need to motivate themself and the strikers need to start finding the back of the net soon, very soon.

Stewart dropped the fimilar 3-5-2 formation which had taken them to 4th this season and looking good, for a more stable 4-4-2 to try an dstop the rot.

Hopefully the last Champions league place can be grabbed from Real Madrid in the last few games of the season.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Betis 2 - 1 Valladolid

Catanha 6,64 Losada 70

Seviila 3 - 1 Betis

Gallardo 19 Capi 16

Silva 46

Baptista 92

Betis 1 - 0 Espanyol

Tamudo 18

Real Socieded 6 - 1 Betis

Wiltord 3 Tote

Nihat 23

Kovacevic 35,41,60

Javier De Pedro 92

Betis 0 - 1 Atletico

Ibagaza 90

Zaragoza 3 - 1 Betis

Ferron 35 Capi 70

Cani 82

Villa 88

Betis 0 - 1 Deportivo

Mpenza 91

Mallorca 0 - 1 Betis

Tote 38

</pre>

barcelona.jpg

Catalan Giants show promise, but lack staying power

Barcelona 6 - 0 Osasuna

Back to Barca action, and a stunning return to form at the Catalan. A tight, solid defence, a powerful running midfield, and Kluivert looking as lethal as ever, and Osasuna had no chance. A Kluivert tap in (10), a Quaresma penalty (56) and a stunning Zonneveld free kick (66) finished this as a contest, but Zonneveld had another free kick up his sleeve , this one even better than the first (78), and to crown it all, late goals from substitutes Oskarsson (81) and Dominguez (88) sent the Barca fans home happy. And with Valencia's recent good run ending elsewhere, Barca were back where they belonged , top of the Primera Liga, and on course for the domestic double!

Valladolid 0 - 0 Barcelona

Not much to say here. After 20 minutes , Van Bronckhorst receives his marching orders for a debatable "Professional Foul", and Barca revert to a defensive formation to hold out for a point.

Spanish Cup Final

Alaves 1 - 2 Barcelona

VIVA LA BARCA!

Success arrives at the Camp Nou in the form of the first silverware of the season. An early fright when Benitez capitalises on some slack defending (11) is eased when Motta (26) curls a 25 yarder over the keepers head and in off the post. A Van Bronckhorst (45) deflected shot gives Barca the lead, and a fantastic breakaway by Motta gives Kluivert (65) a free header to make it 3-1 and put some breathing space between the teams. The match finishes at a canter, and its a Trophy at last for the Catalan giants!

Barcelona 0 - 1 Sevilla

But in the league, Barca take their eye off the ball. A solitary goal from Reyes (17) is enough to take all 3 points away from the Camp Nou, and a severely upset McGuinness lashes into his players for their lack of commitment in such a big match.

Espanyol 0 - 1 Barcelona

Fierce local derby up next, as Barca try and get back on track. After a goalless first half, another priceless Zonneveld (50) free kick opens the scoring, and try as they might, Espanyol cant break down a resilient Barca defence. 3 well earned points!

Barcelona 1 - 1 Real Sociedad

Nihat! icon_mad.gif

The turkish wing wizard is all over the place, leaving defenders in his wake and he turns a simple 3 points at home into a last gasp salvage effort. No scoring in the first half, and in the second , a Nihat run and cross finds Zelayata (60) who bundles home from 10 yards. Barca throw EVERYTHING at their opponents, and are rewarded when a Motta cross finda Kluivert , he knocks it down, and Santi Dominguez (80) prods home. After that, its 10 minutes of backs to the wall defending for Sociedad, but they hold out for a point, and McGuinness has real concerns now over the title race.

Atletico Madrid 0 - 6 Barcelona

Cosmin Contra throws an elbow in 15 minutes and gets sent off. Its downhill from there. Braathen (22,62) , Zonneveld (56) , Kluivert (74), Quaresma (77) and a spectacular OG by Boumsong contribute to one of the worst days of manager. Braathen has a stormer , taking apart the reduced Atletico defence almost single handedly on a number of occasions, and even Kluivert missing sitters doesnt take the shine off a great result.

Barcelona 3 - 1 Real Zaragoza

Battling back from a terrible start, with a Djukic (6) header opening the scoring from a corner, Barca outfight and outmuscle their opponents, equalising through Arteta (38) and then 2 goals from in-form Daniel Braathen (42,87) to win the tie. Carlos Puyol has another mad afternoon and gets sent off for 2 bookings in 5 minutes, prompting a very public falling out with the boss.

Deportivo 2 - 1 Barcelona

Barca title bid crashes and burns icon_frown.gif

Not a lot to say on this one. A brilliant 4-3-3 counter attack which results in 2 goals from Emile Mpenza (11,54) and a solitary strike by Thiago Motta (77) , sandwiching a sending off for striker Santi Dominguez after he smacked Roberto Ayala in the face with his Elbow. Manager Bodragueno had no comment to make on the incident, but did not defend the players actions.

Guest sav112

Aye he’s on my FFT, unfortunately so was James and Neville in England. Two goals from a midfielder should earn a few points.

So what’s Bod’s team? Or is he waiting till the players scores are in, icon_rolleyes.gif it’s ok we trust you, you genuinely picked those two greek guy’s that scored……

icon_biggrin.gif

The ZIDANE appreciation society

Right Amigos!

Shall we play tonight later on to get the last 2 games of the season out the way and then get past Pre seasons T&T??

I propose we start later 9:30 ish so we can watch the footy and get the end of season out the way?? what you lot think??

Guest sav112

fine here for 9:30 I have nothing to play for but it would be good to get the new boys in.

Waiting to see if larsson can score! icon_smile.gif

Archived