Prove yourself as the World's greatest Manager Challenge

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will probs give this a decent shot tomorrow. Been on my Dafuge game the past few times on FM but will have a crack at this.

All I've done so far is lose most of my staff and have my star players become unhappy due to rejecting transfer bids icon_mad.gif

Hmmm OK...Am down 3 million after about 3 games! Haven't bought anyone, not over my budgets either. Looks like selling a star may be the only way out! I am new to the FM challenges, but needed something to relight my fire in a sense, was getting bored of FM in general. The challenge does seem good fun though. Is there a leaderboard or a list of people doing the challenge that can be made so we can all keep up to date with our progress? Might be too much to ask, I dunno! Hope all are having a good Sunday!

Mate, I don't think this is going to work. With prize money of 3k after winning in a first round of a cup, with wages bills as high as they are, there is no way that you can save a club from going bankrupt...It seemed like a really good idea but I think there is going to be so much more to it that simply changing the leagues. Will still have a go though, and will see what happens with time because you've obviously put effort into it. Will keep you posted Adam!

Originally posted by pieandgravy:

Mate, I don't think this is going to work. With prize money of 3k after winning in a first round of a cup, with wages bills as high as they are, there is no way that you can save a club from going bankrupt...It seemed like a really good idea but I think there is going to be so much more to it that simply changing the leagues. Will still have a go though, and will see what happens with time because you've obviously put effort into it. Will keep you posted Adam!

true, but I don't think I'm going bankrupt any time soon. I've got a balance of 6.3m.

I just finished first season with River. Got first place. They started me off with a 6 mil transfer budget. I didn't purchase anyone, although during the second break i got jimenez and karimi to come. (Jimenez came at the end of the year) There were some parts when both Espanyol and Stuggart that had the same points as me but had 3 spare games. I don't how they failed on that part. Off to second season.

hmm.. I guess so. But you can only complete step 5 when you've done the other 4.

ie. You win world cup in 2010, but are only on step 4, you must still win world cup again when on step 5.

Season One:

Girondins Bordeux

Transfers In:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Gyorgy Korsos - Free

Diego Buonanotte - Loan

Charles - Loan</pre>

Transfers Out:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Juan Pablo Francia - Loan</pre>

[/b]Season Achievements:[/b]

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">League Cup - 3rd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Runners Up

League - 2nd!</pre>

This means that I have half completed step one! I have gained promotion to division 3. I must now finish in the top 12 before progressing.

Next Season targets set by me:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">League Cup - 4th Round

FA Cup - 5th Round

League - 15th

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Winners</pre>

Originally posted by Andyh60:

Just downloaded DB and I've gone for Deportivo so let's see what the future brings

Well step 1 looks promising to complete, 26 games gone in 4th div and I'm 2nd being 10 points clear of 4th.

Well, here goes.

Season 1

So as i mentioned earlier, I started the game with river. I was pretty confident they were the best team in the fourth division. I started off playing a 4-2-3-1 with falcao playing the lone striker. They gave me a pretty mediocre budget 6.5 mil. I purchased ali Karimi over the January transfer window, which turned out to be an excellent buy. I also had jimenez coming in july.

My start wasn't too great. I lost out in both of the league cup and jpt in the first round, both against deportivo (whom i wasn't able to not lose to for 3 seasons until i got my revenge). However, things seemed to change as i made my way up the league. I battled Stuggart for the title for the few weeks leading up to the end. Three games from the end of the season, i had a 3 point lead against stuggart. But, of those last three matches, the first one was away to stuggart, and in a very nerve racking fashion, i lost 3-1. We were tied. Luckily, the next two games stuggart managed to tie, allowing me to tie bordeaux and beat cska 5-0!

Transfers: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7742/picture1ot5.png

Team with proof of 1st position: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9706/picture3qu1.png I didn't know how to get to the league table at the time because they were doing playoffs.

Season 2:

With a promotion under my belt, the board seemed more confident with me - giving me a 11mil transfer budget. But with season tickets nearly selling out, they gave me an additional 17 mil to spend! With an influx of loaned players coming back and my purchases, i ended up with pretty good deep squad. I kept falcao lone striker (he scored 28 in 37 games) and jimenez and karimi as amcs. The two of my best buys were Magallon and Marius Niculae (only 500k!). Magallon was a great DC/DMC and Niculae was my super AMC/FC backup. The rest of of my purchases ended up being fringe players unfortunately.

Unlike the first season, i started off very well winning the first 5 games. My purchases turned out to be gems. Throughout the season, I was third placed - Newcastle was first, PSG was second, and i was a point off at third. And again, in another one of those last game twists. I beat psg away 1-0 to grasp second place. (PSG still got promoted)

Transfers: http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture2nu7.png yeah sure i wasted some money

Table: http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2418/picture4yh6.png wohoo

Season 3:

So at this point, I have been promoted twice, have an unnecessarily large squad, and had a really poor outlook on this next season. I didn't think i would be able to promoted. I had a pretty tame budget and i didn't think my players really had the quality to challenge anything. Lazily, i started browsing the market. I really never liked falcao tbh, so i got peter crouch for 8.75 mil. Also, Karimi was starting to suck so I went out and bought another AMC - Julio Alvares. And man, what an impact did alvares make. Him and Jimenez ripped things apart.

Crouch was injury prone to the max and didn't get along with some of the players. Niculae really turned out to be my FC for that season. Another tight season, battling with Newcastle and valencia again for the top spot. Honestly, if it wasn't for Jimenez and Alvares, we would have been in the bottom half. They got 7.37 and 7.22 ratings respectfully. Again, like the last two seasons, it came down to the last game of the season against Newcastle which i won 2-1 :). Somehow, i had pulled a first place with a pretty medicore team and two incredible amcs.

Transfers: http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3kn8.png stupid crouch sucks

Table: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5347/picture5cq1.png yaaay

I've played another two seasons but i'm too lazy to update now. Just to give you a little teaser of what's to come:http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture7fs4.png

As I said I'm Deportivo got into 3rd div without a problem but getting that 12th place as required is quite tough to be honest. Reason being money bascially, never even had a million pounds to spend and players left in first summer so 8 games gone in 3rd div 2 wins a draw a nd 5 defeats.

Well done Terror

unlucky Andyh60, I guess it can be tough, but it depends which side you were. My Bordeux side are strolling the title at the moment

I can officially say there's never been a time in football when playing for 12th palce has so much at stake. I'm 14th 2 points from 12th with 12 games left so wot an end of season it will be to see if I can acheive step 1. I guess I hope to get another team to try to win 3rd div cos I aint confident with deportivo.

Cheers adam. Pre season:

Corinthians 3-4 Boca

Corinthians 1-0 Racing Club

Corinthians 0-2 Velez

Also signed victor anichebe on season long loan. Tight transfer budget of 50k limiting me. Next update january.

Archived