The European Clan : The FM06 years

terrassa.JPG

Following their promotion and sudden retirement of their manager Terrassa decided to gamble on unknown English manager Jim Barclay.

Barclay said he was delighted to take charge of the second division outfit and would do all he could to keep them in the division

A good start was needed and after falling behind to Ciudad Mercia two late goals gave Terrassa the start they wanted. Another win saw Barclays men sitting in third, but after a penalty shootout and a cup exit their fortunes turned.Three straight defeats saw them sliding down the table but after a lucky 0-0 draw away to Rayo Barclays side find themselves unbeaten in their last four games.

Results

Ciudad Mercia (h) 2-1 league

Algeciras (a) 0-2 league

Rayo (a) 2-2 l 3-2 pens cup

Xeraz (a) 1-0 league

Almeria (h) 0-4 league

Levante (a) 1-0 league

Rayo (h) 0-0 league

Cadiz (a) 1-2 league

Ceuto (h) 0-0 league

Racing (a) 1-1 league

With 9 games played Terrassa occupy 12th place

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Don't tell me you guys have just finished?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah(8hr session) icon_smile.gif

i sent you a email

its cool Rayo are doing fine without icon_biggrin.gif

ill catch you lot tonight, just after 10pm

sheffwed.JPG

Manager Simon Del Ferretino returned from a holiday in sunny Lowestoft to find out he was King of Sheffield. Bummer!

Well another relegation dogfight on the way so heres hoping i can get it together.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valandil Telrunya:

How to join in clan ? and wich big teams are not occupide? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WE ARE FULL, PLS APPLY VIA THE AVAILIBLE PLAYERS LISTING ON THE MAIN FORUM.

cpbod3.png

Palace in Wonderland

So the European adventure frees up the Palace squad to concentrate on improving their league position from last season, and despite a few wobbles (2-0 to Man City, and 2-1 to Birmingham) a good 3-2 win over Newcastle restores confidence, and Palace go on a superb run to win 4 of their next 5 games before hitting "The Wall". A series of 4 games , Arsenal (A) , Arsenal (H), Liverpool (H) , Man United (A). This doesnt go well, as in the first of these 4, Arsenal unveil the "Vieira approach", which takes out Nikola Zigic for 2 months and Lucas Biglia for a Month. (and a 2-0 defeat). The following game, whilst in the cup, is equally noteworthy for the Arsenal approach to fair play (Jorge Lopez out for 6 weeks, Ugur Yildirim out for 2 weeks, and another 1-0 defeat). Confidence , and fitness, are at a low for the visit of table topping Liverpool, but a stunning Guarin free kick gives Palace the lead, however a last man foul by Fitz Hall gives Liverpool a penalty, and Palace are down to 10 men. However the lads show some real fight, and D'Alessandro restores the lead with just 20 minutes to play. Palace work their arse off, but are undone by a horrific refereeing decision in which a Liverpool breakaway sees an offside Maxi Lopez receive the ball in the penalty area to slot into an empty net. Palace are gutted, but hold on for a 2-2 scoreline. The boss is proud, and with Zigic , Johnson , Yildirim , Cudicini and Biglia all on the way back to fitness, the Man U match should be the final big hurdle for the club to overcome before going on another good run to take a shot at 4th spot, which has to be the aim.

In other news, Palace have completed the upgrade to the stadium which gives them a capacity of 32000, and they fill the stadium at the first attempt for the visit of Arsenal in the cup. Additionally, a pre-contract agreement has been signed with Rosenborg winger Daniel Braaten, who should join the club in December. Going out are Diego De Ascentiis (Colchester), Juan Sebastian Veron (Koln) and the disappointing James McFadden (Charlton).

Funds are tight but the clubs board have assured McGuinness that no sales will be forced upon him this season, as future income has been taken into consideration. Additionally, rumours linking the boss with the vacancies at Lazio and Milan have been dismissed by the board, citing McGuinness' long term contract and his reaffirmation of his dedication to the club.

(Aye, he applied and didnae get it, and now wants Milan in the CL so he can kick the arse off Nevio Scala. Didnt apply for the Lazio job though, as despite his love for the club and their fans, they had no cash, no squad, and would have gone down quicker than George Galloway on a bowl of cream.)

Sorry lads for the no show last night, got in from work at 10:45 made some food and crashed and watched Scots Sport. I was hoping to have a game on Thursday as I was off but that’s now been changed to Friday. Balls icon_rolleyes.gifso I might pop in late on Thurs if the games still up. icon_razz.gif

Next week I’m still on this 2-10 crap as well. icon_mad.gif

So I’m hoping the ass man can do me proud. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Back lads. Pragues fun.

Have I been sacked, noticed my name wasn't by Vicenza? Got a new job?

Will try to get on at some point tomorrow but I wasn't expecting too, need to sleep forever and have loads to do tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your in Spain icon_cool.gif

Levante%20Banner.jpg

does that help????

i don't think you got sacked, i think its a new job

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welsh_stealth:

any chance i can join? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.fm-euc.com/signingup.htm

Its on the thread , put your application in, and the lads will consider it.

The clan is a democracy (when Davie allows it) and we consider all applications fully and fairly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Davie is the head nump..... honco </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a dirty job , but someone has to do it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valandil Telrunya:

How to join in clan ? and wich big teams are not occupide? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welsh_stealth:

any chance i can join? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we don't start with big teams anyway, And we are full.

a>

Fast Car, Huge Wages, Big House, but no Palace?

McGuinness was furious. The veins bulged in the side of his neck as he laid into his flops after their capitulation to bottom side Charlton. He let them know in no uncertain terms that this club did not tolerate failure, and that too many players felt that the first goal was enough to appease the fans and were switching off the second that goal went in. The defenders in particular seemed to get it in the neck, despite some sterling performances from left wingback Mike Zonneveld , McGuinness laid into them all equally, citing their lack of commitement in the tackle, their inability to time a tackle, and most importantly, the fact some players were forgetting they were playing in London , not Rio De Janeiro, and acting like half baked sand dancers instead of hoofing the ball to their midfielders. This dilly dallying has cost them 2 points against Bolton, and 3 against Charlton , not to mention a humiliation at the hands of struggling Man United.

In the days that followed, a high level board meeting was held, with McGuinness in attendance, to discuss the transfer window, which currently only had bodies going out of the club. An agreement was put in place, the funds were released, and Palace placed an official bid for Real Madrid midfielder Diego. Competition is expected to be fierce for the player, with Sevilla , Chelsea , Schalke and Inter all bidding, but Simon Jordan was confident that the club could convince him that Selhurst was better than Stamford, Schalke & San Siro.

Elsewhere, the Palace youth system looked to be paying dividends, with some glowing reports coming back from clubs where star youngsters Victor Moses , Loic Abenzoar , Theo Walcott & Benoit Costil were on loan. The policy for next season may be to bring these kids into the first team squad and allow the heavy wage earners to move onto other clubs. Costil in particular has attracted a lot of attention, with bigger clubs tracking the kid, and a few making cheeky bids that werent worth the paper they were written on.

Rumours however still continue to dog Palace, with McGuinness being linked with the vacant position at Real Mallorca this week, although the manager confirmed in the press that no approach had been made, and until something official came through, he was committed to Palace's challenge for a Champions League spot this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Back lads. Pragues fun.

Have I been sacked, noticed my name wasn't by Vicenza? Got a new job?

Will try to get on at some point tomorrow but I wasn't expecting too, need to sleep forever and have loads to do tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your in Spain icon_cool.gif

Levante%20Banner.jpg

does that help????

i don't think you got sacked, i think its a new job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Davie. Have to fix Sy's mess then I guess.

Sorry for missing yesterday, first day back and I had too much stuff to do and people to entertain.

icon_wink.gif

lutontown.png

Lastest in

1.12.2007 Karlsson, Christoffer Djurgården Free

2.12.2007 Fribrock, Martin Halmstad Free

16.1.2008 Metz, Florian Austria Wien £275K

18.1.2008 Leigertwood, Mikele Aston Villa £500K

Lastest out

1.1.2008 McCarthy, Patrick Ipswich £100K

1.1.2008 Edwards, Carlos Huddersfield £45K

1.1.2008 Hughes, Richard Bristol Rovers £160K

1.1.2008 Scimeca, Riccardo Bristol Rovers £24K

1.1.2008 Morgan, Dean Brighton £30K

6.1.2008 Nyman, Ari Aston Villa £1M

14.1.2008 Evans, Seán Sheff Utd £250K

15.1.2008 Cavagna, Matteo Vicenza £500K

i was £15k over wage budget, with the players who have left i've took it down to £9k icon_biggrin.gif

Loans in

6.1.2008 Fredriksson, Pär Blackburn Loan

15.1.2008 Mellberg, Olof Aston Villa Loan

both in till end of season

ohhhhhh £1,000,000

after losing Ari Nyman to Villa for £1m

it opened the door for a few new faces

Mikele Leigertwood became our main target which we got for £500k , he was a direct placement for Nyman, the highlight was picking up Olof Mellberg on loan for the rest of season, with Oleg this gives us the edge i feel we need to hold on to the top spot

the window closes soon as for any more new faces , nah am happy with the squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

Gaz when i post the leagues your gonna be gutted mate icon_eek.gif

you left Rayo to take up the job at Elche, who are 18th in the same division icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks, such is life.

europeanclan.jpg

English Premier League

English Championship

Spanish Primera Liga

Spanish Segunda Division

Italian Serie A

Italian Serie B

lastest leagues after Mondays session

next session Thursday 26th 18:00t+t kick off 18:45-intill 01:00

a little bit extra on Thursday ,to get us thru the transfer window

game date 20th Jan 2008

reidysevilla.JPG

COULD THE LA LIGA TITLE BE HEADING TO SEVILLA?

As we head into the New Year and the opening of the transfer window, Sevilla lie in a strong 2nd position in the La Liga table. Sevilla have a game in hand over Atletico Madrid, the leaders by 5 points. Sevilla manager Stuart Reid will be hopeful of cutting that deficit to 2 points, to apply the pressure to the league leaders.

On the signings front, Reid managed to beat off competition from several of Europe's biggest clubs and Crystal Palace to the signing of young Brazilian playmaker Diego from Real Madrid in a £4.2m + player deal. This will give extra cover to the central midfield area, with the injury prone, Real Madrid target Jesus Navas currently occupying the role.

Reid also secured the signing of Diego Biseswar from West Ham for £2.2m. The young utility player looks to have a bright future in the game, but may be allowed to leave on loan for the remainder of this season.

2 new faces joining at the end of the season, Freddy Adu from Juventus and Jose Sosa from Numancia, should provide some much needed competition for places, and with the inevitable increased number of games expected next season, the squad will need to be stronger than ever.

Overall a fantastic first half of the season with both first choice strikers, Fernando Cavenaghi and Ariza Makukula averaging a goal a game, and also some solid performance from new signings at the back, with especially encouraging performances from Javier Mascherano replacement Matthieu Flamini. Vincent Kompany and Daniel Agger are also developing into a formidable defensive partnership.

So the push for the title continues. With Champions League qualification Reid's target at the beginning of the season, things have gone much better than expected. With a little luck with injuries and some good additions to the squad, this could be a very, very good year for the men from Seville.

terrassa.JPG

As the season advances Terrassa find themselves confounding the critics that had them firmly placed in the relegation zone.Barclay's men continue to grind out the results and find themselves with a six point cussion over the bottom four places.Lack of resources means that transfer activity has been fairly quiet with no new faces coming in and a few players sold on to help steady the ship, most noteable being back-up keeper C Sanchez for 110k.

results

Osasuna (h) 1-1

Numancia (a) 0-0

Malaga B (h) 1-0

Elche (a) 3-1

Tenerife (h) 3-2

Conquense (a) 1-1

Leganes (h) 1-1

Gimnastic (a) 2-0

Real Madrid B (h) 1-1

Salamanca (A) 3-2

Sporting De Gijon (h) 2-1

Murcia (h) 3-2

Ciudad Murcia (h) 0-0

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">next session Thursday 26th 18:00t+t kick off 18:45-intill 01:00 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be up for that

icon_cool.gif

oh aye and a wee post when I get some screen dumps......

lutontown.png

QF of FAC

Barnet 4-0[h]3rd

Wigan 2-2[h]4th

Wigan 2-2[a]4thR 3-2pens

Sheff Utd 4-0[h]

Wolves at home 6th Rd aka the quater finals

its a dream come true to get this far, only snag, I've never beaten Wolves

Holding firm

12 games to play, 1 game in hand over 2nd place Wolves, 2games over Stoke. Only 9pts from 6th to 1st

Jason Robert out for prob the rest of the season, with Truszczynski doubtful as well with achilles tendon problems.

This Luton team are in for one eck of a fight to the death

doncaster.gif

Doncaster are in a sorry state even when there results have been improving of late. New coaching staff and a new setup seem to be working no less than 8 new coaches were brought in to sort the team out.

Doncaster sitting 23rd is not really good enough but it will take time to improve this squad and time is the key here, how long will manager Robertson be in a job especially after seeing the manager of Sheff Wed given the boot.

Thirteen players were brought in this season with manager robertson only responsible for a few more notably Mads Timm from Man U.

Its going to be a cold few months down Belle Vue. icon_frown.gif

lutontown.png

QF of FAC

Barnet 4-0[h]3rd

Wigan 2-2[h]4th

Wigan 2-2[a]4thR 3-2pens

Sheff Utd 4-0[h]

Wolves at home 6th Rd aka the quater finals

its a dream come true to get this far, only snag, I've never beaten Wolves

Holding firm

12 games to play, 1 game in hand over 2nd place Wolves, 2games over Stoke. Only 9pts from 6th to 1st

Jason Robert out for prob the rest of the season, with Truszczynski doubtful as well with achilles tendon problems.

This Luton team are in for one eck of a fight to the death </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we hammered Wolves 4-0 , to either face Blackburn or Burnley in the S/f of FAC

4 games to play 8 pts clear icon_biggrin.gif

and am missing next session lads in Disneyworld icon13.gif

doncasterrovers.JPG

sav your banner mate

Sy nothing on Job front mate

europeanclan.jpg

nearly forgot to say bonus session this Sunday, due to Scots Sunday down, same place same time , see Sav on Thursday

cpbod3.png

Palace Loyalty Scheme Pays Dividends

It had been a stuttering season for the Eagles, with their managers every move being tracked from afar by seemingly every club in Europe. McGuinness hadnt struck the fans as being passionately loyal to the club, and when after several months of rumours, he publicly announced that the Barcelona job would be "Too good to turn down", the straw had broken the camels back. Simon Jordan called him into the office

"Bod, ive been discussing things with the board. And we think its time the club took a new direction."

"Simon, with all due respect, off the field, the club has no direction. Youre too busy in Stringfellows to bother even turning up for our home games, and your last motivational talk to the dressing room resulted in us losing 5-0"

"Bod, youre not showing the required loyalty that the board demands from a Palace manager. I mean, you were linked with Boro , Malaga , Sociedad , Depor, and now youre announcing you want to join Barcelona. Youve no loyalty at all"

"Depor phoned this morning and offered me the job"

"THEY WHAT?"

"And ive turned them down. I told them I wouldnt move to a smaller club, even if they were going to give me £20 million to spend"

*Jordan starts to choke on his Cafe Latte*

"And I said that Palace would be in Europe next season, and we would win a European Trophy within 3 years, something I dont think Deportivo are capable of"

Jordan regained his composure. He was all smiles again.

"Bod, Im glad we had this little chat. Things have picked up on the pitch, and Ill go back to the board and let them know that I think weve got the right man to move the club forward"

"Thanks Simon. Oh, and if Mr Shepherd phones, its , erm , about a mortgage im arranging on a new house in London, so I can move closer to the ground"

"Thats Brilliant Bod. Thats just what i wanted to hear"

As Jordan turned and strode out the room, Bod smiled. He was pretty sure Deportivo would win a European trophy, he reckoned Palace were about to go under with Jordan at the helm, and if all else failed, there was always that phone number he got from the Boro chairman last week.

He logged onto amazon.com and ordered a copy of "How to Speak Geordie in 3 easy steps".

skylogo_default.gif

Barclay takes over at Rayo

After the sudden departure of Rayo's former manager, the club announce the appointment of Jim Barclay.

rayo.JPG

Barclay was said to be thrilled at being offered the chance to manage at Rayo and that he saw the job as a chance to improve his mangerial skills and possible manage at a higher level. He admitted that he had been left with a very good squad of players but the clubs finances were in termoil and the likelyhood was that he might be forced to sell to steady the ship. However, he was reported as saying the position the club was in when he took over, he fully expects to be challenging for promotion.

We are sorry to have to inform you that the pledge to which you

signed up did not meet its target in the required time. It

required 10000 other people, but achieved only 5.

The pledge, created by Steve McGuinness, read: 'I will Buy a

Rangers Home Shirt if they appoint Paul Gascoigne as their new Manager but only if 10,000 other people will too.'

you failed icon_rolleyes.gif only 5 people , loser Bod icon_biggrin.gif

We are sorry to have to inform you that the pledge to which you

signed up did not meet its target in the required time. It

required 10000 other people, but achieved only 5.

The pledge, created by Steve McGuinness, read: 'I will Buy a

Rangers Home Shirt if they appoint Paul Gascoigne as their new Manager but only if 10,000 other people will too.'

you failed icon_rolleyes.gif only 5 people , loser Bod icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted.

Not about the Pledge, but about the fact Gazzas not the boss now icon_frown.gif

Banners, I seem to be using the same one…..

After a great last game which we were all over Luton only to get a draw. Relegation and the trip back down. icon_rolleyes.gif

Mr Robertson the chairman wants a word, we three actually.

you%20are%20sacked%20small%20web.jpg

Some will say it was a disappointment at the end, a so close but no cigar moment in football management. To be there with the chance of glory only to see it fade away.

And that’s just Bods and Reidy’s story I had a really crap night getting the sack. icon_mad.gif

Archived