The European Clan : The FM06 years

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Well done lads. Deserved awards for all the hard work put in by some of the gang. Patience too.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best host awards top three get a free FM07 game when it hits the stores.... icon_biggrin.gif Well it was worth a try.

Good luck with the flat hunting. icon14.gif

if they say oh yes we have a 10mb BB just ask them when can i move in..... icon_wink.gif

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

[*Established Clan*]

it will do for now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

mancity.JPG

With qualification for europe achieved Man city Boss Andrew Bannister went about strengthening his squad for the upcoming season..

Players in

Gerardo Ortiz 40k +I.Miller p/t ex

Josh Walker 650k - Boro

Patrick Baumann Free - Basel

Sasha Lakovenko Free - Treviso

Giuliano Falco 2 mil - Calgari

Giovani Torre 2.2 mil - Calgari

Sergey Kisliy 6.2 mil - At Madrid

Gustavo Obermann 6.5mil

Players out..

Joey Barton 3mil - Chelsea Fans did,nt like that one..

Lee croft 475k - Leicester

Stephen Ireland 2mil - Everton

Arango 1.4mil Espanyol

R.Dunne Player exchange

Paul collins 150k - Blackpool

Board expectation is respectable league position.

Fans expectation Qual for Europe (Fans expect alot at city)

RESULTS..

A Man u Lost 1-0

H Blackburn won 3-2

H West Brom won 3-1

A C.Palace drew 1-1

A Boro lost 3-2

Sitting in 7th after 5 games...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

[*Established Clan*]

europeanclan.jpg

NTL are mucking about tonight! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

sevillanuke.JPG

After finishing 08-09 season 3rd(5 points behind 1st Barca), Sevilla board declared that they believe current manager Orhun Ozdemir is the right man who can be in for a serious title challange this year.

ufnliv05.jpg As soon as transfer window opens 2 good friends Stuart Reid and Orhun Ozdemir made a blockbuster trade. Sevila got World class Midfielder Steven Gerrard while Diego, Agger and Mascherano going to Liverpool. " last year, I've learnt that quality is better than quantity.. Agger,Mascherano and Diego who're leaving now, all great, talented players. They all did well last year, but we needed an experienced star who can lift the trophy when we got it. And I believe Steven Gerrard who's just arrived Sevilla, is the player that we needed. " Ozdemir Said. on his first day at Sevilla Gerrard said he's sad to leave Liverpool but from now on only thing in his mind is bring title to Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán this year.

In order to gain some more quality, Sevilla bought Man Utd's Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel for £7.5M, Nigel De Jong from Ajax for £10.25M and Villareal's 18 years old full back Carlos Riera for £3.9M..

After hammered Basel in order to qualify to Champions League Group Stages, Sevilla showed they're one of the biggest favourites for the title this season while hammering title chaser Deportivo 6-0 at the Riazor. then Sevilla beated Villareal 4-3 and drew with Real Sociedad and Murcia.. Sevilla had more than 15 shots on goal on those games but that can't avoid losing 4 points in 2 games they dominated. At the Champions League, Sevilla who got Newcastle,Panathinaikos and CSKA Moscow on their group, looked brilliant while beating both CSKA Moscow and Panathinaikos(away) easily. Sevilla're currently lying in the first place in both Cl and La Liga and they're looking good.

blackburn.JPG

RESULTS

Birmingham City 2-4 Blackburn Rovers A poor start to the match and some questionable defending saw Blackburn fall behind early on, Emerton scored on the stroke of half time to halve the defecit. Rovers came out in the second half a different team and a brace from Stokes and a late goal from left winger Mota saw Blackburn run out 4-2 winners.

Crewe 0-5 Blackburn Rovers As expected Blackburn cruised through this league cup tie, but perhaps scoring more than anyone expected. Mota kept up his scoring record and new signing Tulli added two goals before newly promoted youth team player T.J Mclory-Cuthbertson scored his first senior goal for the club. Goal of the game was scored by Veron, a superb free-kick from the edge of the area.

Blackburn 1-2 Tottenham A poor home performance with Stephen Reid's goal the only positive point of the game.

Chelsea 3-2 Blackburn A Lampard freekick followed by a lampard penalty gave chelsea a comfortable lead which Mokoena halved early in the second half but Chelsea found another gear and added a third before Cladio Lopez set up a nervy finish with a late goal, but Chelsea's defence stood firm and the Londoners walked away withthe points.

lutontown.png

Help!

after looking good in the pre-season, and being tipped to go straight back up, with odds 2/1 , its been rather tough for the Hatters ajusting to life in the Championship

things aren't going to plan

new signings are failing, last season team beleive they'll walk the league, results just won't go there way.

" Am i worried? No, should i be? maybe, am i pancing?? ............a bit". Orr

Results

Leeds Utd[h] 0-0

Portsmouth[a] 0-1

Brighton[h] 2-0

Wolves[a] 1-3

Wycombe[a] 3-0 LC 1st rd

Brentford[h] 2-1

Blackpool[a] 2-0

Leicester[a] 1-3

Bolton[h] 0-1

Millwall[h]0-2

Hartlepool[a] 0-3 LC 2nd rd

Barnsley[a] 0-0

Bristol City[a] 2-0

Plymouth[h] 0-1

Worried

" yes am worried we're 16th in the league 8 points adrift of the play offs, 6points clear of the bottom"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimalex:

Hi Sav, just letting you know that i will be online at around 10-30pm as i'm at work untill 10. Davie, theres no need for you to be "pancing".

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

panic me icon_eek.gif

lutontown.png

God is a DJ

shame he wasn't a coach at Luton Town FC, As things are getting worst for the Hatters, slipping closer to the bottom of the Championship.

Orr" enough is enough, am dropping the clowns who moan and moan, about playing in the CCC"

God is Bowditch

fplogo.jpg

Luton 7-1 Preston N.E

once time P.N.E gaffer was quoted saying that this match was his best in management.

many P.N.E fans ain't happy with the lack of respect he's showing the club.

TalkSportMediaBanner2.gif

The Sports Breakfast

Graham Beecroft - "hey Alan i see your old mate Orr, winding up the locals in Preston"

Alan Brazil - " aye well, he under a lot of pressure right now at Luton, he needed to say something and get a reaction"

GB - well hes certainly got one, but........

AB - Beeky hang on a tick eh, Moose what?

Ian Abrahams - is Orr your lovechild?

AB+GB - [laughing]

GB - don't be daft Orr bloody handsome

IA - and finally its offical ..........

AB - Moose quit while your ahead

GB - Moose belt up

AB - Yeah Daves got a lot of work to do, am pleased that Bowditch finally showed everyone what he can do with those 4 goals

GB - Liverpool manager Stuart Reid, phoned me last night Alan

AB - Yeah , what he saying?

GB - nothing just heavy breathing

Guest sav112

leedsutd.JPG

Well its been an impressive start, far from the finished article but Leeds are on the right track and pleasing to watch. Our movement and passing at times a joy.

The manager can be happy that his scouting and his players are finally doing it on the pitch for him. Gari Uranga who was pencilled in as cover is making it hard for the manager as his performance up front at times has been priceless, Luigi Della Rocca and Jack Compton will fight it out just now for the second striker position.

As covered by the media The Manager has reverted to a more stable back four that is beginning to form a great working defensive unit. Radhi Jaïdi, Steven Watt, Zander Diamond and the welcome return of Ryan Garry are proving hard to beat just now.

Sitting three points off the pace in second with only Wigan above us the fans have witnessed a complete turn around from last season, Leeds have quality and even depth and the manager can be pleased thus far. icon_wink.gif

[*Established Clan*]

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one day Sav, someone will take notice icon_biggrin.gif

how the heck do i know???

i don't even remember Sy or Chris joining the game, i just saw them the morning, when i came down stairs to see the damage, and saw Mirc and the game still running...........................

so on that note i hope i didn't stop play for to long and wasn't out of order either

personal i blame listening to Queens greatest hits I + II, not the JD icon_biggrin.gif

lutontown.png

165---Image.jpg

Drunk on the job

its been reported that Luton Town manager, has been handling the 1st team matches while being utter buggered-Jessica Molloy.

Jessica Molloy - on the line now we have Davie

Davie Orr - yes well hello Jessica

JM - Jess dave please

DO - sure no worries

JM - so the reports of you being drunk while on the job

DO - what with you??

JM - eh........................

DO - [laughs] well last thing i remember was thumping Coventry 5-2 after that its all blur

JM - oh breaking news just in ...........................

Guest sav112

JM - oh breaking news just in ...........................

both Real Madrid and Villarreal sack there managers. Vanderly Luxemburge left the Bernabeu late last night with Stevie McGuinness, Fabio Capello thought to be possible replacements. Villarreal are also looking at replacements with likely candidates Andrew Bannister, Casuco and bookies favourite Jose Maurinho.

This at a time when Rafa Benitez of Man U got the dreaded Vote of confidence, and with reports of Drunken Managers there could yet be afew more sackings………..

I forgot about the JD! icon_rolleyes.gif

You didn’t do any damage I just put you on hols, but as you could see on Mirc “ Dave?†“Dave you alive mateâ€

I think you only missed one or two matches but I think you got humped in both 2-0 Bournemouth and 5-2 Shef Wed. Our match was next so that why we stopped. I don’t know this from the guy that’s always saying are we playing on? – go on – go on!

Well at least your ok icon_razz.gif, that’s what you get for napping, in truth I’ve done it a few times but fluked it by waking up just in time for my match when there has been a break of play for a few weeks.

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

Sav could u email me the leagues for website

and a screen shot of my results cheers m8 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done and dusted! icon_wink.gif

lutontown.png

the fans are turning

Orr to sober up or face the boot-claims leading hatter fan

"last season i know we went straight back down, after going up as championships, but what been happening this season, is just total crap, we're struggling against the likes of Bournemouth. Millwall and Blackpool, when last season these teams where either in league one or struggling themsleves to stay in the Championship, we love what Davies done for the club, but we can't afford to be sitting in the postion we find ourselves now" Paul Reid

lutonsacked.JPG

End of a era

after going to Elland Road and walking away with all 3 points Orr was given his P-45,

many fans where happy at the result, and where willing to give Orr more time, to see what he could do, but sadly someone in the boardroom has other ideas.

Bill Tomlins Lutons chairman

"am sorry i had to let Davie go, but i felt he had taken us as far as he could "

Orr

god damm it for **** sake, whats a guy gotta do, i know we where having a tough time of it, but i truely believe Luton had turned the corner with a great win over Leeds Utd, but at the end of the day its down to Bill to make sure the correct man in charge of the club, he felt that my time was up, i think he knew no matter what the score was against Leeds i was walking"

Final work

I'll be back............................... icon_biggrin.gif

blackburn.JPG

Blackburn Update

A very inconsistant season for Blackburn who seem to be conceeding a lot of goals and throwing away leads all too easily. Off the field several players have made it clear that their futures lie away from Ewood park, so changes are expected at the end of the season. With this dip in form some fans are looking over their shoulders at the teams in the relegation zone and hoping things are sorted soon.

Blackburn Results

Arsenal 3-0 Blackburn

Blackburn 3-1 Fulham

Liverpool 3-2 Blackburn

Sunderland -2 Blackburn

F.A. Cup 3rd Round Blackburn 1-0 Wigan

Blackburn 1-1 Man City

Southampton 1-1 Blackburn

Guest sav112

leedsutd.JPG

Results

After a disappointing display against Luton with a 3-2 loss at home we then carried on to play fantastic free flowing football with passing a joy to watch, the movement from the front two causing the opposition major problems. The big question with Ryan Garry our most influential defender for five games suspension starting with Luton or back line became guilty of loosing sloppy goals.

Point in question the results that followed

Bristol City….. 2-2

Plymouth …….3-3

Reading ……....3-2 a win for a change.

And then convincing 3-1 wins at home to Cardiff and away to Burnley.

We should have won those games we drew as we were the bester side, with Ryan back now it should give us a more solid back line but I would have to say if it was not for the outstanding from of the two new strikers brought in Leeds would not be currently second with just three points off the leaders Burnley who we just trounced. The team is looking strong for the run in and all the new players are proving there worth, bringing in such a large number and getting them playing was a massive task, but Manager Robertson use of last season to scout has paid off big style. Considering he was branded lazy at his previous clubs he certainly has done the business this season.

And the work still goes on with Contracts agreed all going well with David Bellion, Claudio De Sousa and the one the manager was hoping for the most Aaron Mokoena from Blackburn. With the Epl in sight more quality will have to be added for survival.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Lads,

Going to see Graham Coxon the night lads so won't be on until later. If you're up to 1am I'll prob be on for an hour or so.

See if my team can build on three 0-0's in a row.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice one have fun icon_wink.gif

he was wasted in Blur anyway

Sportinggijon.JPG

the Start

with the club in the wrong side of the financial scale,and the only saying Orr knows in spanish is dónde está la barra (but we hear hes trying), oh wait heres another "cuánto le hace carga el amor".

it took Orr all of a week to bring former Luton striker Brayan styven Lopez with him in a deal worth £150k, althou Lopez never played for the Luton 1st team, it seems Orr has faith in the young Colombian striker how has been capped 24 times in the u21's national team.

other players to join was Jony whos on loan from Zaragoza, a young player whos never been given the chance to show what he can do, although Zaragoza did pay £1.9 for him , where hes since been playing in the B team.

apart from lacking in funds Orr has brought in a few new coaches and scouts

Quini Middlesbrough £16K

Milosevic, Savo Free Transfer Free

Torrijos, Juan Free Transfer Free

Navarro, Sebastián Free Transfer Free

Gianni Martinez Guigou Free Transfer Free

García González, Iván Free Transfer Free

Molina, Jorge Free Transfer Free

Fernández, Jorge Free Transfer Free

Total £16K

Games since Orr took control

Elche[h]0-0

Alaves[a]1-3

Ciudad Murcia[5-2]

Recreativo[2-0]

Rayo[a]3-3

Numancia[h]2-0

targets

get as high up the table as soon as possible, bring in a few new faces on the cheap, well bosmans icon_biggrin.gif , look at clearing out the dead wood, look at cutting the wage bill( I've been told to icon_razz.gif )

europeanclan.jpg

Lastest League Tables

English Premier League

English Championship

Spanish Primera Liga

Spanish Segunda Division

Italian Serie A

Italian Serie B

lastest leagues after Thursday nights session

next session Monday

18:30gmt t+t 19:00gmt kick off-intill 01:00

Scots Sunday

this Sunday of course icon14.gif

18:00gmt kick off lads

Guest sav112

leedsutd.JPG

Manager Robertson “can you get Uranga up here!â€

Ten or so minutes later

Uranga “Yes bossâ€

Robertson “ That’s more like it lad, you destroyed Charlton with you hat trick in that 5-1 win, questions had to be asked as I did on your performance a few weeks back, now if you can keep that up till the end of season we have a real possibility we could be playing in the premiership next seasonâ€

Uranga “Yes boss, when I came from Spain it was my target to play thereâ€

Robertson “Well keep that scoring up and you will be, right you can head back just wanted that quick wordâ€

Uranga “Yes Bossâ€

Manager Robertson looked at the tables and knew if only they played like that every week the title would be sown up.

Hello sports fans Cristiano Del Niccoli here. I've been to oblivion and back and not really known whats happened on the way, but let me fill you in on what I do know.

Levante%20Banner.jpg

I had built up a pretty awesome side for the Spanish 2nd Division with Levante. I'd taken over the debt ridden side and stopped the rot. Then some lovely business men came in, cleared the debt and gave me 6M quid to spend on the side for the coming season. This money was desperatly required as it was bare bones time with some poor players.

I brought in over 15 players and I took a gamble. I spent the cash and the wage bill meant that the only way the club could carry on was to get promotion. I was confident, the fans were and the board was. However it became apparent that a couple of other clubs were going to have a big say, namely Celta Vigo and Murcia.

Levante weren't getting it as easy as i'd have liked and expected and we were clinging on to the coat tails of leaders Murcia and only thereabouts the promotion spot as it changed frequently.

Then I draw a blank, next thing I know it's summer. We are in La Liga but have no players, no time to register any new players and no experienced goalkeeper. Shambles really and I needed out before my reputation was destroyed.

So I resigned and spent more months in the wilderness.

realsoc.JPG

Then at last a big falling club come in for me. Sociedad were toiling around the relegation areal and actually below Levante. I saw promise in some players but money grabbers in a lot of others. Then I saw Nihat, a diamond amongst rubble. Someone to build the team around and you could tell he still wanted it and was prepared to fight.

Gradually we started our climb up the league, the defence started tightning up and we were collecting valuable points. The transfer window came in and I managed to free up some funds and bring in a couple of new faces but not enough.

We are sitting in 8th position just now and proving to be tough to beat however I'm sure there is more to come next season given the oppertunity to build. I just hope I don't have another lapse and end up somewhere new once more!

All the best.

Del Niccoli

Archived