The European Clan : The FM06 years

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asschickenwinger:

How do i join </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You’ve signed on to the available players list and I wish you luck in getting a game, as for this clan we are full at the moment with a few of the lads out just now but returning later.

As with most clans there is a core of players but there is always a few coming and going as clans like this only run with no shows for so long but we have a few members that will always be welcome (even if one is a Hibs fan). If we find a place open then we contact people through the available list.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Sav, can't think why you'd be angry at me though icon_confused.gificon_wink.gif

I'm sure guys must now how much I want to get on tonight, so i'll be doing my very best I can assure you.

In work just now and will be here for a fair while then hopefully i'll be able to go home and get some peace to Champ out! And perhaps indulge in a little spot of banter...

europeanclan.jpg

Game up just after six for the lads, not that I have anything to do - well find a club will be a start and I mean find a club. I'm not going down the manager IV route icon_biggrin.gif

TalkSportMediaBanner2.gif

Liverpool last season’s champions are under new management, Who is this new Manager that will have to keep Liverpool’s success going?

Unfortunately it’s not me but this season will be interesting in the premiership no doubt about that. Two giants of football fighting it out and two new comers to the league trying to survive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reidy888:

Our resident banner maker has a few little tasks when he's back from visiting Mickey Mouse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back \o/

well did the mighty Luton claim the title? or did we slip up?

so new banners for Bod,??????,+ am gonna have to rustle one up for Sav , just saying "Your Sacked,Time for a job in McDonald" icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

so new banners for Bod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeedy please Mr Davie. A Newcastle banner featuring Alan Shearer and Michael Owen please, and with reference to Stevie "God" McGuinness, as the former moniker no longer applies due to my brilliance as manager [/bighead].

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Indeedy please Mr Davie. A Newcastle banner featuring Alan Shearer and Michael Owen please, and with reference to Stevie "God" McGuinness, as the former moniker no longer applies due to my brilliance as manager [/d!ckhead]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Indeedy please Mr Davie. A Newcastle banner featuring Alan Shearer and Michael Owen please, and with reference to Stevie "God" McGuinness, as the former moniker no longer applies due to my brilliance as manager [/d!ckhead]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STD hehe icon_biggrin.gif

Bod i'll work on it tonight mate ,and well done on the job

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

I'm not going down the manager IV route icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you where saying? icon_biggrin.gif

europeanclan.jpg

English Premier League

English Championship

Spanish Primera Liga

Spanish Segunda Division

Italian Serie A

Italian Serie B

lastest leagues after Mondays session

next session Thursday

18:30gmt t+t 19:00gmt kick off-intill 00:00

I've still to update last season leagues.

Sav young Stevie ain't happy with you icon15.gif

he wants to know if you can put up the game, cause he claims he has 2 games in 4 days, starting on the day you shut up shop.

he can't make Thursday in till after 19:30

i think everyone is free off matches for 2weeks due to internationals.

so its up to you mate

europeanclan.jpg

"I think everyone is free off matches for 2weeks due to internationals."

some of the lads are playing on the 28th did'ny catch there was a game on the 25th. Only one i new of with a game was me with leeds.

I'll be back in later stevie but it would just be for the 25th match as I think Sy and chris have games on the 28th.

when i'm back i'll fire up msm just come on and i can fire it up.

newcastle.JPG

Geordie Boys!

The appointment of Stevie "Bod" McGuinness came as no surprise to most football pundits. After a very public falling out with Simon Jordan, McGuinness had been in the frame for the newcastle job from the moment Souness had said yes to Chelsea. The new boss was quick to back his current under-fire squad, and by seasons end, he had a UEFA Cup runners up medal, 2nd place in the league, and a summer with a decent wage structure and solid budget.

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Kevin Hofland - D C - Wolfsburg (Bosman)

<LI>Andrea Barzagli - D C - Palermo (£8M)

<LI>Dario Srna - D/M RL - Shakhtar (Bosman)

<LI>Vagner Love - F C - CSKA Moscow (Bosman)

<LI>Andreas Ottl - DM C - Bayern Munich (£650k)

<LI>Alexander Wesl - GK - Bochum (£150k)

<LI>Daniele Bonera - D RC - Parma (£2.5M)

<LI>Phil Jagielka - D/DM RC - Crystal Palace (£1.5M)

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Glen Johnson - Spurs - £7.25M

<LI>Nicky Butt - Freed

<LI>Nolberto Solano - Freed

<LI>Bernardo Corradi - Fenerbahce - Free

<LI>Alexandre Berthe - FC Kobenhavn - £2.5M

<LI>Martin Brittain - Colchester - £750k

The balance between sales and purchases wasnt too far off, but the removal of Butt , Solano and Corradi alone freed up £100k a week for the boss to scour the market with. Alas, the lack of cover in midfield meant he would have to make a panic signing when his top targets failed to materialise.

Players in

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> LEOZINHO , THE NEW BRAZILIAN WONDERKID

Not exactly a panic signing. The club had tracked Leozinho since 2002, and his signature on paper was heralded by the fans as a great piece of business at only £5.5M. Now the season began in earnest.

results

Charity Shield

--------------

Newcastle 1 - 0 Liverpool

Owen (56)

Premiership

-----------

Newcastle 1 - 0 Fulham

N'Zogbia (11)

Everton 5 - 1 Newcastle

(dont remember , want to forget)

Newcastle 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

(see above)

Norwich 0 - 2 Newcastle

Luque (18) , Owen (64)

Newcastle 1 - 1 Southampton

Luque (6) , Trialist (90)

The last of those results hurt the boss as much as the fans. His efforts to install a solid defensive unit were being hampered by a midfield lacking commitment in the tackle and 2 wingbacks with as much height as Jimmy Krankie (and as much pace). The window wasnt closed yet, and there was still £10M in the kitty for McGuinness to spend. Would he wait for January, or would he go out now and spend big.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

stevie I'll be on at 3:30pm today for about 45 mins or so but after that i'm going out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did he show?

perugia.JPG

Perugia do the unthinkable......They hire Simon Del Ferretino!!!!

Yes Im as surprised as you are, after the embaressment of Sheffield Wednesday, I suddenly find myself in charge of a Italian sleeping giant of a club!

With a large amout of cash as thier dispopsal, they should be sitting mid table in Serie A but season upon Season of bad buys including the son of Dictator Gadaffi, Korean Park Ji Song, A female footballer and worst of all, Jay Boothroyd, have left the club lower than the danglies on a terrier!

But after being handed 3m to spend I have set about sorting out the Defence and also intend to bring in a new keeper, he have no problem scoring but keeping them out at the other end is a bit of an issue.

Losing our first game to verona showed how bad the def were, 2-0 up and lost 3-2 in the 95th minute of the match.

Ill keep you posted on the Perugia revolution!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reidy888:

Love the banner Davie cheers.

What date is the game at? Hopefully the new Anfield boss will have a bit of the window left??? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didnt you have something like £57M to spend?

youve not got much time left mate.

lutontown.png

pack your bags

we all off to the EPL

Luton against all odds have clinched the Coca Cola Championship, 5points clear of Stoke.

"This team was given no chance of winning the league, but yet we win the league ,get to the semi-finals of the FA cup, over all this has been a great season for Luton Town Football Club"

Davie Orr

a dawn of a new era has started in the history of Luton Town Football Club......watch this space Mr Reid icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

The woes of being at work icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Incase you lads didn't notice I wasn't able to make it last night. Sunday and Monday are iffy for me as well but from then the next few weeks should be hunky dory!

Sorry for the trouble caused. Being the only one in the segunda division is punishment enough icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaz is in there icon_razz.gif

logo.jpg

end of 3rd season winners and losers

England Only

Lambieslovechild-Crystal Palace-EPL7th,FAC5th LC2nd

Lambieslovechild-Newcastle Utd-EPL2nd,UFEArunner up

Stabwest-Luton Town-EC1st,FACsf,LC2nd

Sav-Doncaster-EC22nd,FAC3rd,LC2nd

Sy-Sheff Wed-ECsacked,FAC3rd LC4th

Andrewbanny-Stoke City-EC2nd,FAC4th,LC2nd

Sav was sacked after the league was finished

logo.jpg

Spain Only

Nukem-AlmeriaSD1st,SC 4th rd

Reidy888-SevillaPD2nd, SC-winners

GazToner-RayoSD n/a,SC 3rd

Gaztoner-ElcheSD 12th SC n/a

Jimalex-TerrassaSD n/a SC 1st rd

Jimalex-RayoSD 2nd SC n/a

Stevethedog-LevanteSD 9th SC n/a

Stevethedog joined Levante on the 06/11/07

Jimalex quit Terrassa for Rayo on the 23/01/08

Gaz quit Rayo for Elche on the 18/01/08

logo.jpg

Italy Only

Stevethedog-Vicenza-SB n/a,IC2nd Qual rd

Steve_cafc-Genoa-SA16th,IC1st rd

Peekaboo-Treviso-SB16th,IC1st Qual rd

Stevethedog quit Vicenza for Levante on the 06/11/07

lutontown.png

this is HELL, we wanna go back in the Championship

" yes its been rather hard trying to cope with the EPL, with just the 1 win so far and 5 red cards icon_biggrin.gif. we are looking to turn things around"

games so far

Wolves[h]2-2

Fulham[a]1-1

Everton[h]0-1

Crystal Palace[a]4-2

Norwich[h]1-3

Southampton[a]1-2

Blackburn[h]0-3

Birmingham[h]2-2 Carling Cup won pens 3-2

Tottenham [a]1-4

Man City[h]1-1

West Brom[a]1-1

Player Stats

Top Goal Scorers

FC Jason Roberts Pld10 Scored6

FC Dean Bowditch Pld10 Scored5

Players In

Michal Kadlec Fiorentina £1.1M

lastest craze

many fans have been spotted in and around Kenilworth with T/Shirts saying 'I wish i was back in the Championship it was more fun'

leedsutd.JPG

After a few good victories the Leeds band wagon is finally on the move, We don’t have the class of player or the financial clout we used to but we will be back, oh yes! Sitting just outside the relegation we hope to slowly climb up the table, promotion is too much to ask this season but by next season I would have hoped to have the bones of a team in place.

After going with one forward up front the manager is now going with what looks like three at the back with a covering defensive midfielder and two forwards to try and climb the table, we will see if this works out.

Players to note Morten Grauholm land our defensive midfielder has proved he is a class act along with eighteen year old Matthew James who is holding on to his place in midfield.

The three centre backs of Ryan Garry, Steven Watt and Zander Diamond also look a solid combination all be it risky with only the three lads at the back.

Upfront Healy has scored six from nine outings with Jack Compton about to be paired up with his for the first time this season. New Signing Fernando Rodriguez is still to find his feet be is now going to have a better chance with the manager committed to playing two forwards.

Now if only the board give the manager time.

Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

newcastle.JPG

Bods Brilliant Black & White Boys

The season started with a resounding thump, the early season defeats to Everton and Palace signifying that things werent going to be as simple for Newcastle as they might have thought. And then the unthinkable happened.

They started winning. And kept winning. And before anyone could explain what was happening, theyd beaten everyone in the league. Chelsea fell by the wayside, at Stamford Bridge. Liverpool came to St James' and were soundly beaten in an enthralling match, Man United fared little better, Owen dominating the static Red Devils defence to steal another 3 points. And inbetween, some surprising developments in the squad have seen the fans find new heroes in players they thought had no future at the club.

Albert Luque, for example, was on £50k a week and the subject of barracking from every section of the support. However a change to a counter attacking system with the wide men coming in to support the striker has seen him flourish, and hes raining in the assists and goals. Phil Jagielka, only ever bought to be the backup to Darijo Snra, has ended up in the holding role thanks to a long term injury to Scott Parker. And hes excelled, even popping up with a goal of the season candidate in a recent thrashing of Aston Villa. And greek U21 starlet Bernidakis has been setting the field alight with every touch of the ball, getting his first couple of goals for the club against Liverpool, and in the process earning himself a spot in the national side.

With 16 games played, the Geordie boys top the league by 4 points from a resurgent Arsenal, and despite a topsy turvy 4-3 league cup defeat away at Bolton, optimism remains high at St James' park, with the club needing just 2 points from their remaining matches in the Champions League to qualify for the next stage, and with the Cup thats really important to them, the FA Cup , looming large on the horizon.

No Shearer. No Gazza. No Bother. Geordies On the Rise!

Dam those tables I'm 9th on 28 points after 19 played - you'll get me the sack!!!1 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the pressure of trying to get a update copy before you boot everyone out ,and setting holidays , is to much icon_biggrin.gif

lutontown.png

after 16 games, sitting 19th on 12 points

some would think-

• 1 Time to jump ship- not aye icon_wink.gif

• 2 Start planning for next season back in the Championship - not aye icon_cool.gif

• Panic - def not aye icon_wink.gif

Orr approach seems to be strenght the squad, sell the nearly but not quites, and also set a target of finishing with over 40 points.

Orr- " i know we are a small club compared to others, but i know Luton can do it, at the end of the day i never took Luton Town Football Club up to fill make up the numbers, hell no"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

lutontown.png

after 16 games, sitting 19th on 12 points

some would think-

• 1 Time to jump ship- not aye icon_wink.gif

• 2 Start planning for next season back in the Championship - not aye icon_cool.gif

• Panic - def not aye icon_wink.gif

Orr approach seems to be strenght the squad, sell the nearly but not quites, and also set a target of finishing with over 40 points.

Orr- " i know we are a small club compared to others, but i know Luton can do it, at the end of the day i never took Luton Town Football Club up to fill make up the numbers, hell no" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh well am taking back that statement now as where rock bottom icon_biggrin.gif

Aye as I said if the Gers win icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we won \o/

Aye as I said if the Gers win icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we won \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And made me a few bob in the process (had you down at 1/2 , £20 down , £30 back, cheers).

Archived