Managing in Brazil

Glad I've started a positive thread with no fights!

Thanks for all the help. To clear things up, I'm still on FM 09. I usually pick the first december option.:thup: Should be why there are way more teams to.

It seems like you do a lot more tactics wise than in a place like England. More talent maybe?

The editor idea would be interesting.

I don't think I've ever seen match stats quite like that either viiralx.

I've learned a lot from this thread about Brazillian Futbol. I'll keep you updated on my season.

one last quick question:

How hard is it to getback into Europe to manage after having success in Brazil? I'm guessing preety hard, and should settle for a league 2 type of team?

one last quick question:

How hard is it to getback into Europe to manage after having success in Brazil? I'm guessing preety hard, and should settle for a league 2 type of team?

Not necessarily, I went from Botafogo (DF) (which I took to Serie A in 4 seasons) to Zenit St. Petersberg in my latest Journeyman save.

And Brazil is absolutely just a ton of fun. The challange might financially if you get stuck in Serie B for awhile. Your salaries will need to go up if you want to stay there (or move up), but your income doesn't increase much at all. If you don't get into Serie A and it's TV revenues, you're in big trouble in a bit hurry.

Signed up as unemployed and got the Figuierense job stright away. Will start in Brasil's 2nd Division, favourites for the Santa Catarina State Championship, 'la Catariniense'.

Let the samba start.

Which puzzles me, how come I get this job straight away whereas as an English unemployed, I had to wait until 3/4 months in, until Droylesden in the BSN offered me a job. Started as automatic on both ocassions.

:rolleyes:

Looks a pretty good thread this. I'll try & keep you posted on my Figiuerense save. Haven't started properly yet 'cos it was late at night. Looking forward to the friendlies before the regional games though, Fluminense & Flamengo !!!!

:thup:

Just started a game in Serie C (as my game for lunchtimes at work :) )

and a random team i was given Genus should be intresting as i know NOTHING about brazilian leagues bar whats been said in this thread

NO WAY! :D i love Genus, as i said earlier in the thread i manage them, they are awesome, good luck :thup:

NO WAY! :D i love Genus, as i said earlier in the thread i manage them, they are awesome, good luck :thup:

cheers, yesterday i managed 9 games:

7 wins

3 Draws

1 Defeat

in the state championship currently 2nd 3 points off top and i have to play them last game of the thing :)

cheers, yesterday i managed 9 games:

7 wins

3 Draws

1 Defeat

in the state championship currently 2nd 3 points off top and i have to play them last game of the thing :)

Nice start :D

guys, on our brazilian fm forum, we have a lot of alternative brazilian leagues

one of them includes third and fourth divisions real structure (well, 90% of them, as we can't make a league with a group stage)

another one comes with third and fourth divisions like you're used to (all teams play against all teams)

they include history data updated and correct tv schedule

Diamond 4-1-2-1-2 worked amazingly for me.

I find playing 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 with attacking wingers and fullbacks going forward work really well. Seems like the opposition can't handle the double up.

Archived