[FM10] Bromley F.C - Things can only get better.

mikeypaintin

Game loaded with 10.2 database - FM10 - Large database - English Blue Square North/South upward leagues.

Bromleybadge.png

Bromley Football Club

Information

Bromley, nicknamed The Lilywhites, are a semi-professional football club founded in 1892 that currently play in the Blue Square South. They are based in the London Borough of Bromley, London, England. The London Borough of Bromley has a large population, around the 300,000 mark. Currently they play their home games at Hayes Lane with a capacity of 5000(1300 seated).The club currently has adequate corporate facilities, fairly basic training facilities and adequate youth facilities. Rivals include Sutton Utd, AFC Wimbledon, Dulwich Hamlet and Welling Utd. The history of the club isn't spectacular, on record the greatest achievement of the club is winning the English Isthmian League Premier Division on four occasions.

My Career

I am looking to provide an update at some point in the beginning of the season and after the last game of the season. I hope to include links on the best players in each positions according to my assistant's team report, results, transfers, achievements and any other information I feel that is relevant to how I am getting on. Please enjoy my thread...

Season Start Report - July 2009 - Season 1

top_south.gif

Bromley Football Club

My first season at the club. Let's hope it turns out to be a successful one. My aims for the season are to finish in a high mid-table position and go as far as possible in the cups. The media prediction is 15th.

I have set my ambition for the season at a safe mid-table finish. All staff currently at the club are staying on despite the change in manager, purely because I can't really afford to pay them off! As it is my first season with the club, I am going to keep things simple and play a 4-4-2 system, get my feet in the door and slowly implement a change to my preferred formation, a 4-4-2 wide diamond. So it is a case of having to get on with what I have, although I am not sure whether I could improve too much because of the lowly status of my club. Things can only get better from this moment on, here's to hoping for a steady league season and a money earning cup run!

Important stuff...

Team Report

My assistant seems to think we lack a good goalkeeper and I agree. Also a centre back is quite probably needed if we are to be solid over the course of the season. But with a transfer budget of £0, it will be bargain hunting for me! I haven't really got too many players with much sale value either so it could be a struggle on the transfer front. My best players in each position are...

# Defender = Rob Gillman - a solid player at this level it appears. Likely to be captain.

# Midfielder = Ashley Carew - looks a neat player. Could be a good outlet on the right.

# Striker = Warren McBean - a good finisher. There's not many with as good a finishing stat as his in the BSS.

Overview, Facilities + Finances

The only thing of note here is the chairman status, he is prepared to listen to offers. Also the club only has 110 season ticket holders, so the average attendance for the season is unlikely to be too high, the need for big results and a cup run is obvious here. Hayes Lane is in a poor condition, but it is a fair size for the BSS, so I'm still pretty happy with it. The training facilities are not good at all though! The budget isn't big, but who does get much of a budget in the non-league?! I have £0k to spend and am allowed £6,000 on the wage budget.

Personal aims for the season...

# Finish between 9th and 16th in the Blue Square South.

# Reach the third round of the FA Cup.

# Improve attendances by the end of the season.

Board aims for the season...

# Achieve a safe mid-table position in the Blue Square South.

# Reach the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup.

# Reach the first round of the FA Trophy.

Obviously there isn't a lot to comment on here as I haven't signed or sold anybody, the wage budget is ok and all other aspects can't really be commented on in my first day! I just hope the club has a steady takeover soon so I can get on with the job in hand!

Season End Report - May 2010 - Season 1

top_south.gif

Bromley Football Club

Good season! Very good. The Lilywhites finished in 5th place in the League, achieving a play off place. My aims for the season were matched in regard to league position and a slight improvement in attendance, however my long shot aim of the FA Cup third round didn't come to fruition. There are a few worries for me, my job is reportedly being offered around by the prospective new owners ahead of their takeover. It has been going on for a season now, we need some closure. I was even hit with a transfer embargo with 2 games left of the season. On a brighter note, I successfully made the transition from a flat 4-4-2 to a 4-4-2 wide diamond around halfway through the season, which I was very pleased with. It has been a pretty solid season, some good wins, fairly decent progression in the cups, although nothing major of note. I was very busy in the transfer market, spending plenty of time searching for free transfers in the pre-season period. The discovery of a fairly decent young centre back from my youth team was a welcome surprise, in fact there were two regens who were decent players for the Blue Square Premier in report, but I had to sell one as my board accepted an offer from moneybags Chelmsford, not that I was complaining about the money which helped the business over the season. Low attendances are still a problem for me, but I am seeing a slow improvement. Let's discuss the season in detail...

Season Performance

5th in Blue Square South. A very fine first season for me in charge. Hampton and Richmond ended as winners, Dover were promoted via the play-offs beating my team on penalties at The Kassam Stadium, as can be seen here. The three relegated teams were Basingstoke, Maidenhead and Weymouth.

Results pg1 Results pg2 Results pg 3 Blue Square South table

In the league results were strange at times, we seemed to win by a healthy goal margin in games and then could go and get beat by a similar margin ourselves. I would hope to become a little more consistent next season and hope for a promotion push to The Blue Square Premier. I think the fact we hit 4 or more goals on over ten occasions proves I provided an attacking side throughout. My highlight result of the season has to be the totally bookie bashing result away at Thurrock, winning 6-0 after two straight defeats. It really gave me great confidence at a crucial point in the season, after the switch in formation was starting to make me wonder if I had made a mistake.

As far as the cups go, we done quite well I think. I didn't get the money spinning FA Cup run that I had hoped for, reaching the first round proper before being knocked out after a replay by Coca Cola League 2 side Torquay 4-0 at Plainmoor. In the FA Trophy it wasn't much of a long run either, but we were drawn against Blue Square Premier teams three times in the shape of AFC Wimbledon, Ebbsfleet and Gateshead. It was Gateshead who sent us out 3-1 in a tight game at their place.

Board Confidence Finances Staff Honours Overview Facilities Transfers Season Records

The board, even though they don't really want to be there, were very happy with my performance this season. I think I exceeded both their ambitions, although to be fair, I didn't really achieve too much. But they say Rome wasn't built in a day, so patience is going to be key at this level of football. Finances have increased by £36k or so from the start of the year, mainly due to the £300k sale of Emile Goodison who was a first year youth team player at the club. So money is clearly going out of the club pretty quickly, must keep my eye on that. Transfers, well I wasn't planning on being too busy, but after the board accepted the offer for Emile Goodison, I had a little money to use so I did. I brought in 17 players totalling £8k, there were 2 long term loans and mostly frees in that stat. I sold 8 players totalling £310k or so. Staff didn't change all year, none are really any good, but training time is limited at a semi-pro club so I will look to alter that after a promotion if possible. No honours to discuss, although the reserves won group 9. Well done to them! My stadium condition has improved somehow, but no change in the facilities mentioned in my first post. My average attendance for the season was 743, well above what I was expecting. Hopefully it can be kept up!

First Team First Team Stats

Ok records for the season. Ashley Carew made the most appearances this season, Warren Mcbean was top goalscorer with 18 goals and he also topped the man of the match charts with 6, Peter Vincenti had a magnificent 17 assists and the highest rated player was Romano Sion with 7.37 in 20 games.

GK - Russell Howarth - ex York, Tranmere and Bradford keeper signed on a free at the start. Without a club for 3 years prior to joining.

DR - Phil Ifill - former Colchester full back and Tottenham trainee. Signed for £4k.

DL - Paul Tierney - signed on a free in pre-season. Bit of a journeyman starting his career at Man Utd.

DC - Rob Gillman - captain. Already at the club when I joined, a very influential centre back. Great at this level.

DC - Graeme Morris - a regen from the youth team here at the start. All reports from staff are good, has been ok.

DM - Joe Keehan - signed from Lewes for £2k. Happy sitting in midfield or pushing on. Another shrewd signing.

MR - Ashley Carew - pacy wide midfielder who was one of the better players from the previous regime. Did well.

ML - Joe Compton - signed on a free on January from Weston Super-Mare. Failed a medical at Falkirk, hasn't missed a game for me.

AM - Joe Vincenti - 6'3 Stevenage midfielder joined for £4k and played well consistently as the 'sixpence'.

ST - Warren Mcbean - young striker who scored many goals throughout the year. Hopefully he can keep it going next year.

ST - Romano Sion - a 38 year old signed on a free. Surinam international. No club for nearly ten years, strange. Pacy still and a good goalscorer.

SUB1 - Steve Rowland - signed on a free, right back/centre back who provided a good solid year for me.

SUB2 - Julian Alsop - target man, a beast in the air! Signed from Cheltenham for a bargain £375. Getting old, but can still jump even at 36!

SUB3 - Wayne Graves - midfielder formerly of Scunthorpe, signed for nothing in pre-season, good on the right and covers in the middle if needed.

SUB4 - Scott Spencer - Everton once bought him for £200k. 21 year old striker showing some signs of progress towards the end of the year.

SUB5 - Ryan Lynch - comfortable all down the left hand side, mainly used at left back. A good free transfer, ex Coventry trainee.

RES - Shola Oyedele - central midfielder who had been without a club for years, a good back up player. Covers for Keehan in the holding role.

RES - Jamie Morse - young goalkeeper who used to play for Northampton. Free transfer, at 19 years old looks a decent prospect as a BSP keeper.

RES - Daniel Flitchett - season long loan from Wycombe, used as backup after cup games when my strikers were tired. Not great really.

RES - Fraser Franks - season long loan from Brentford. A solid right back and centre back who played well and played much more than Flitchett.

Major Competitions

Champions Cup - Liverpool.

Euro Cup - Roma.

Premier League - Man Utd.

FA Cup - Chelsea.

League Cup - Liverpool.

World Cup - Russia.

Season               Division                              Position               Achievements

09/10                Blue Square South                     5th                    Lost in play-off final.

You can always afford a promotion. Anybody who thinks otherwise shouldn't be involved in the (virtual) game.

that's probably a fair shout mate, but i dont have a strong enough squad yet for the league above and there's no funds for improvements, that's what i meant by my comment on not going up :)

Nice update style. Going to enjoy keeping up with this. :thup:

St. Albans City 2nd in the league. :eek:

A good season for you but unlucky on the playoff final defeat.

Any reason you picked Bromley by the way? Just curious. :)

thankyou sir

i picked bromley because i wanted a team low down that has a big population, so hopefully if i am lucky enough to go up in future, i can get a good attendance at a good level of football, maybe even a new stadium who knows what can happen in this great game.

glad you enjoy the post it is good to hear :)

No Cassius? Or has the update sent him to Cray? Though if that were the case you'd have Calliste in your team.

cassius in the reserve team. he played a few times in the first season, but hes not really done much and the old warhorse julian alsop is doing great as a target man for me!

Archived