Englisher Fussball Bund - EFB FM06 Clan Thread Mrk III

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dee:

I beat you 4-1 away in league cup to rouch. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said........

DeeBanner.jpg

Well a good end to last season and I was confident that going into the new season we could progress into the top half and maybe push for the playoffs if we could keep key players fit and gain a head of steam. Our season started away to Derby.

Championship - Derby 1-0 Millwall : 01/08/09

A game in which we should never have lost. The strikers had numerous chances to give us all three points but in the end the clinical finish from Carlton Cole gave the homeside all 3 points on the opening day of the season.

Championship: Millwall 1-1 Norwich : 04/08/09

A tough game against a team whos players should be playing ay a much higher level. International striker Cacau gave the away side the lead early into the second half but a sending of of Dario Simic allowed Liam Lawrence to curl in a 25 yard free kick to get us our first point of the season.

Championship - Leicester 0-1 Millwall : 08/08/09

Our first win of the season came at the Walkers Stadium against a poor Leicester on the day. It looked as if it was going to be one of those days again when the unfortunately named Gaynor missed a penalty. He made a mends for the miss tho with a goal shortly before halftime which ultimately won the game.

Championship - Millwall 1-0 Sheffield Utd : 15/08/09

Another good win for us against hotly favoured Sheffield United. A goal on the stroke of haltime meant we had two wins on the bounce, the goal came curtisty of Bofo Bautista.

League Cup - Millwall 5-1 Oxford : 19/08/09

A comfortable progress in the first round of the league cup. Two goals from Bautista and one each from Lupoli, Lawrence and Cacapa gave us a 5-1 win against lower league Oxford. Their consolation game in the 90th minute from Haapala.

Championship - Millwall 0-1 Preston : 22/08/09

Northern Irish top ever goalscorer David Healy would give Preston a one nil victory at the New Den. The goal came early in the first half and although we pressed didnt create much clear cut chances.

Championship - Luton 0-1 Millwall : 24/08/09

Another away victory for us this time against Luton. Lupoli scored the only goal midway through the first half. We got tight and slugged our way to another 3 points.

Championship - Millwall 4-0 Doncaster 05/09/09

A good home performance from us saw one of the new strikers grab all the headlines. Ken Ilo Larsen grabbed a hat trick and his first goals for the club. The hatrick came inside 35minutes and was added to by Agbonlahor for a comfortable 4-0 win.

Championship - Millwall 3-1 Bournemouth : 08/09/09

Another home victory this time against a team looking to simply avoid relegation. Agbonlahor put us ahead after only seconds. James Vaughan the former Everton starlet got the equaliser only 9 minutes later. It looked as though we were going to drop 2 points put 2 late goals firstly from the spot by Cacapa and a stoppage time settler by Lupoli gave us all 3 points.

Championship: Hartlepool 1-3 Millwall : 12/09/09

Another good victory against a team we need to be beating to have any sort of ambition. 3 early goals inevitably gave us the 3 points. Lupoli and two from Bautista gave us a comfortable half time lead. Mellor pulled one back for "The Monkey Hangers" but nothing materialised of the comeback.

League Cup Round 2 - Millwall 3-1 Ipswich : 16/09/09

We moved on into the third round with a strong performance against Ipswich. Cacape kept up his goalscoring from the back with the opener. Things went in level at half time thanks to Katongos equaliser. Our late show returned again and two in the space of 5 minutes from Lawrence and then Agbonlahor seen us through where we would play Rouch's old team Crystal Palace.

Championship - Brighton 1-3 Millwall : 20/09/09

Another strong performance from the team. Lupoli put us ahead as his good run continued in front of goal. Danucci put us two up jus before half-time. Kazim-Richards pulled one back straight after the whistle but a late screamer from Lawrence settled the scores.

Championship: Millwall 2-0 Southampton : 22/09/09

Another good win against fellow promotion contenders. Lupoli scored once again to go top of the goalscoring charts. It was finished of late on by Cacapa whos starting to challenge Lupoli for the golden boot. icon_biggrin.gif

A great start to the season and if we continue as we are we have a very realistic oppurtunity of going up this season.

DeeBanner.jpg

Championship - QPR 1-1 Millwall : 26/09/09

Another decent away performance, this time we only picked up a point however. Langley put the homseide ahead midway through the first half only for Agbonlahor to equalise just before the halftime whistle blew.

Championship - Millwall 3-0 Hull : 10/10/09

Up next was Tonys Hull side who were always going to be up against it when Sam Sodge was sent off only 6 minutes into the game. It didnt take long for us to capitalise as Cacapa scored (again) and Lawrence doubled the lead after 20minutes. 5 minuted before half time Lupoli added a third and it was all over then. No goals in the second half but aother good win.

Championship - Coventry 0-0 Millwall : 13/10/09

A boring game in which no teams deserved to win. Only stalemate of the season shows how well both defences played with few clear cut chances created.

Championship - Milwall 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday : 17/10/09

Another strong home performance saw former Juventus winger Ilyas Zeytulaev score his first for the club. Boyd was then sent of for Wednesday midway through the second half and Bautista capitalised to make it 2.

League Cup 3rd Round - Crystal Palce 1-4 Millwall : 21/10/09

A game in which we where big underdogs in against Premiership side Palace. It looked as if it was going to play when Guarin converted a penalty to put them ahead. Balde had different thoughts though as he sent the game into extra time where we took control. Danucci and Larsen had put us 3-1 before halt time in extra time and then Larsen scored again with the last kick of the ball to settle it. A great win and Newcastle where up next for us.

Championship - Charlton 1-2 Millwall : 24/10/09

Another team highly tipped for a return to the premiership but we had different plans. Lupoli scored a double, one early in each half to give us a comfortable looking two nil scoreline. Spearing pulled one back for the homeside but we held on for a very good 3 points.

Championship - Millwall 2-0 Watford : 27/10/09

Our great run continued as Watford where next to the sword. Balde put us ahead early into the game and the hitman Lup...Cacapa made things certain when he netted from the spot.

andybanner3.jpg

Hepburn returns to football management as Dons boss!!!!!

Reports are emerging that former Nottingham Forest boss Andrew Hepburn has taken over as manager of Aberdeen in the Bank Of Scotland Premier League. There was speculation that he was going to return home to manage a team in his homeland and he has ended that speculation by taking over as Dons manager.

tonybanner2.jpg

Session Dates: 5th & 7th September 2006

transfers.png

Players In: 2

Will John AM LC Wigan £1.5m

John Pirie DM Preston Player Exchange

Players Out: 2

Jonathan Spector D RC Nottm Forest £650K

James Kerr AM R Preston £9K + Player

championship.gif

hull_home.png Hull 2 vs 2 Sheff Wed sheffwed_away.png

Hull Scorers: Darryl Duffy (48 & 90)

Sheff Wed Scorers: Kris Boyd (2 & 7)

Attendance: 25,389

MOM: Darryl Duffy (Hull)

Hull were very lucky to get a point from this match after Sheffield Wednesday took a 2-0 lead after only 7 minutes via two Kris Boyd goals. However Hull improved in the second half and substitute Darryl Duffy spared Hull from a defeat with two goals to earn himself a Man of the Match award.

hull_home.png Hull 0 vs 5 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Dave Kitson (45), Emile Heskey (45, 76 & 81) & Sean Thornton (62)

Attendance: 24,988

MOM: Emile Heskey (Reading)

Red Cards: David Murphy (Hull) (43)

Hull were an utter disgrace and the villain on the piece with David Murphy for getting himself a straight Red Card which opened the floodgates for Reading to put 5 goals, 3 of which came from my best Reading signing Emile Heskey. Roll on January.

Leeds_home.png Leeds 1 vs 0 Hull hull_away.png

Leeds Scorer: Ben Watson (9)

Attendance: 23,836

MOM: Marco Reich (Leeds)

Hull’s poor form continues with Leeds edging us out of the three points with a single goal and they totally controlled the match. Again roll on January.

dcnew.gif

3rd Round

hull_home.png Hull 0 vs 1 Everton everton_away.png

Everton Scorer: James McFadden (68)

Attendance: 25,395

MOM: James McFadden (Everton)

Not too disappointed with the loss as the new players slotted in well and played well and the new Goalkeeper did well and only made one mistake to let in Evertons only goal.

championship.gif

hull_home.png Hull 1 vs 1 Sunderland sunderland_away.png

Hull Scorer: Velizar Dimitrov (53)

Sunderland Scorer: Steven Kabba (90)

Attendance: 25,398

MOM: Richard Martin (Sunderland)

So near yet so far, I was that close to scoring a win against Sunderland and I find that soo infuriating. At least one of my new signings scored and we should have won that match as we dominated it.

birmingham_home.png Birmingham 3 vs 3 Hull hull_away.png

Birmingham Scorers: Martin Kamburpv (Pen 2) & Maxi Lopez (74 & 86)

Hull Scorers: Stuart Elliott (13), Francis Jeffers (24) & Stephen McPhee (67)

Attendance: 19,978

MOM: Francis Jeffers (Hull)

Now this is getting infuriating, the team has the players to win the match but they lack the killer instinct and the defence is still acting like a chocolate fire guard.

hull_home.png Hull 3 vs 4 Fulham fulham_away.png

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (9 & 31) & Joan Tomas (74)

Fulham Scorers: Greg Halford (24), Nicklas Bendtner (38 & 58) & Mark Wilson (pen 82)

Attendance: 24,930

MOM: Nicklas Bendtner (Fulham)

Another disappointing match full of defensive errors, the team just can’t defend if their lives depended on it. We could have had a point from this game it not been for Sodje bringing down one of their players in the box to give them a penalty. I need another defender.

blackburn_home.png Blackburn 1 vs 4 Hull hull_away.png

Blackburn Scorer: DaMarcus Beasley (12)

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (1 & 30), Francis Jeffers (47) & Joan Tomas (53)

Attendance: 16,906

MOM: Tonino Sorrentino (Hull)

Finally a win and the team performed better on the pitch and the defence was a bit more solid this time. Torrentino’s two goals earned him the man of the match award and striker Francis Jeffers got a stonker of a goal followed by a Joan Tomas Strike to give Hull the much needed 3 points.

hull_home.png Hull 6 vs 3 Derby derby_away.png

Hull Scorers: Will John (8 & 23), Velizar Dimitrov (34 & 81), Francis Jeffers (87) & Darryl Duffy (90)

Derby Scorers: Carlton Cole (3 & 25) & Kevin Davies (31)

Attendance: 25,369

MOM: Velizar Dimitrov (Hull)

What a match, I was on the edge of my seat, six goals scored in the first half meant the teams went out in the second half with the chance to double their tally and it was Hull who did exactly that with Dimitrov performing brilliantly to earn himself the man of the match award.

SheffUtd_home.png Sheff Utd 1 vs 4 Hull hull_away.png

Sheff Utd Scorers: David Mirfin (59)

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (6), Francis Jeffers (74), Velizar Dimitrov (79) & Joan Tomas (90)

Attendance: 24,507

MOM: Joan Tomas (Hull)

Things are getting better and better, I may not be getting promotion this season but I am definitely going to be higher up in the table than what the media predicted. We controlled most of this match and our superiority was turned into goals with Tonino Sorrentino, Francis Jeffers, Velizar Dimitrov and Joan Tomas getting on the scoresheet. Joan Tomas was simply brilliant in this match and he earnt himself a well earned man of the match award.

norwich_home.png Norwich 3 vs 2 Hull hull_away.png

Norwich Scorers: Cacau (15), Danny Szetela (28), Marcelinho (49)

Hull Scorers: Darryl Duffy (67), Francis Jeffers (73)

Attendance: 25,382

MOM: Cacau (Norwich)

Bit of a disappointing loss but we did try to come back but getting a third goal was a big ask. Not too disappointed though since I had a good night with only a small pocket of bad form to deal with but the good form is there and we can build on it.

hull_home.png Hull 4 vs 3 Leicester leicester_away.png

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (7, 66 & 88) & Joan Tomas (59)

Leicester Scorers: Elvis Hammond (21), Matty Fryatt (67) & Johnnie Jackson (90)

Attendance: 25,381

MOM: Tonino Sorrentino (Hull)

Red Cards: Gareth Williams (Leicester) (79)

Great night for Tonino Sorrentino who scored his first hat trick for Hull with Joan Thomas adding to the scoresheet in this seven goal thriller. Both sides had their chances but Hull just managed to scrape through using their one man advantage well after Gareth Williams got sent off for Leicester. Tonino Sorrentino’s hat tricked earned him another man of the match award.

Championship Position at end of sessions: 14th

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

Bit of a disappointing loss but we did try to come back but getting a third goal was a big ask. Not too disappointed though since I had a good night with only a small pocket of bad form to deal with but the good form is there and we can build on it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see three of my signings are still doing the business, KUTGW lads

and Andy ... ... ... Aberdeen, what are you thinking !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Andy ... ... ... Aberdeen, what are you thinking !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt like a change after my sacking as Forest manager and Aberdeen offered me a job so I decided to take it. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt like a change after my sacking as Forest manager and Aberdeen offered me a job so I decided to take it. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many online sackings is that now Andy? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt like a change after my sacking as Forest manager and Aberdeen offered me a job so I decided to take it. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many online sackings is that now Andy? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe thats two now plus a resignation!!! icon_cool.gif

andybanner3.jpg

Hepburn presented as Dons gaffer to the media!!!!

After a long wait, Aberdeen football club have presented new manager Andrew Hepburn in front of the media at a press conference today.

Hepburn follows the chairman into the room and greets all the journalists.

Chairman - We are proud to announce that as of today we have new manager and his name is Andrew Hepburn and we feel this apppointment could turn out to be fantastic for both parties. We will allow you all to ask the new man in charge questions just now.........

Reporter - Mr Hepburn what made you leave English football and come up north to Aberdeen and back to Scottish football?

Hepburn - Well after Forest sacked me I thought about what I wanted to do and waht direction I wanted to move in. I applied for a few clubs in England with no luck and then I heard Aberdeen had sacked Jimmy Calderwood. So I applied luckily they liked what I had to say and here I am sat here in front of you lot again!!!!! I am back home where I belong. I feel great about this move and am much closer to my family.

Reporter - Do you have any concerns about taking on a high profile job after the troubles you had at Nottingham Forest?

Hepburn - I have no concerns over my ability to this job, otherwise I would not have applied. Yes there is pressure but I feel I am more experienced to handle it now than I was able to at Forest. I actually felt more pressure at Forest as they were out of the big time for so long and then suddenly I get them there and the expectation levels from everyone in the club rocketed to unbelievable levels. My troubles are in the past and I am a better manager and person because of them. I felt I was doing a great job at Forest but the board thought otherwise this season and thats up to them. It had nothing to do with my off field antics which I am glad to say are in the past.

Reporter - So now your in charge what do you think you can achieve?

Hepburn - Well I will be looking at the squad I have and identifying what areas I may need to strengthen but like I always say I want to achieve as much as possible with this club. I want them challenging the old firm on a regualr basis on the domestic front and hopefully putting Aberdeen back on the european map. Of course it won't be easy at all but I hope to be able to do these things. I was speaking to Sir Alex and he was telling me what a club this is and I hope to get them back to the glory days when Sir Alex was in charge and dominating Scottish football and doing wonderful things in europe. This club has such a tradition and I hope to get them back to where they belong.

Reporter - Can you give us any indication on the transfer budget you may have to spend?

Hepburn - Thats between myself and the chairman but I have the full backing of the chairman and we will work together to identify possible targets and we will take it from there.

So Hepburn with a great enterance as the Aberdeen manager and lets hope he can prove the doubters wrong by getting Aberdeen challenging the old firm for domestic supremacy in the coming months and hopefully seasons.

robbanner6.jpg

Premiership

Bolton 0 Man City 7

Man City where definatly up for this one, Gakpe opened the scoring with only 5mins on the clock and then Carew made it 2-0 with only 8mins gone, Carew would then make it 3-0 on 32mins and thats how the first half ended Vandenbergh would then score 2 bizarre penalties in 2mins 74 and 76mins , Ingebretsen added a 6th on 90mins and then late in injury time Carew sealed his hatrick.

Attendance 28707

MOM John Carew 10 (Man City)

Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Man City 4 Aston Villa 1

2 goals down from the 1st Leg Man City really had some work to do in this one, Carew opened the scoring on 13mins and that was it until the 90th min when Vandenbergh sent the Citeh fans into madness as now extra time would be played and they had a chance to win it. Vandenbergh scored again on 96mins to give City the lead before N'Zogbia sealed the win on 98mins, deep into the 2nd half of extra time Pavone pulled one back for Villa but it wasnt enough as City would go onto to play in the final vs Chelsea.

Attendance 47997

MOM John Carew 10 (Man City)

Fa Cup 4th Round

Reading 1 Man City 2

Bradley Wright Phillips got Man City off to the perfect start on 4mins scoring from long range but Dave Kitson got Reading back into it on 29mins he would then have a goal ruled out for offside, Vandenbergh sealed the win 83mins played and Reading just didnt have it them to fight back anymore Nasuti saw red right on the full time whistle for Man City.

Attendance 13639

MOM Kevin Schoneberg 8 (Man City)

Premiership

Man City 3 Ipswich Town 1

Man City in fantastic form as of late came out in this one with a few changes to the line up Govou came back into the side but it was Ipswich who scored first on 13mins through Ciman Boa Morte pulled on back 7mins later and Govou put City in the lead right on half time, 2nd half started slowly and never really go going for Ipswich Barton scored again for City after 63mins to give them the 3points.

Attendance 43895

MOM Sidney Govou 8 (Man City)

Premiership

West Ham 3 Man City 5

Fans where treated to a 8 goal thriller in this one Carew opening the scoring with just 35seconds on the clock, He then scored again on 24mins to give the visitors a 2-0 lead, Agirretxe then pulled 2 back for West Ham 35 and 44mins, Carew gave City the lead once more right on half time, Dean Ashton came on as sub for the 2nd half and it took him 1min to make his mark on the game making it 3-3 on 46mins. Sidney Govou scored on 90mins to give City the lead that they wouldnt give up again and then Kislyak sealed the win on 95mins with a wonder strike from 40yards out.

Attendance 33420

MOM John Carew 9 (Man City)

Transfer News

Radek Bartonicek has joined Man City on a free transfer after being released by Cardiff's new manager he joins on a 5yr deal

Fa Cup 5th Round

Man City 1 Millwall 2

Sky tv cameras where here for this one and what a game it turned out to be a very good display for Millwall, Ilyas Zeytulaev was sent off on 12mins for the visitors but that didnt seem to stop them playing exciting football, Carew gave Man City the lead on 26mins but Salihamidzic pulled it back to 1-1 2mins later from the spot, Arsenal loanee and soon to be new Man City striker Lupoli sealed the win for Millwall on 62mins.

Attendance 43876

MOM Zander Diamond 9 (Millwall)

Carling Cup Final

Wembley Stadium

Chelsea 3 Man City 2

Chelsea took the lead early and looked like they would win this easily Kisliy opening on 2mins, Carew made it 1-1 on 21mins and Man City went into the lead on 47mins as Gakpe scored a cracking header from the corner, Kisliy would then make it 2-2 on 66mins and Kaka sealed the win for Chelsea on 81mins.

Attendance 89981

MOM Sergey Kisliy 9 (Chelsea)

Premiership

Nottm Forest 2 Man City 2

With Hepburn gone from Forest no one knew what to expect from them and they showed just how they could play with the right manager at the helm Sanchez gave Forest the lead after 25mins and then Marsili scored a own goal to make it 1-1 right on half time Nasuti then scored for Forest on 57mins to make it 2-1 and Forest fans mustve thought Hepburn whos he ??

McGoldrick then made it 2-2 on 82mins to give City a share of the points.

Attendance 30589

MOM Cristian Nasuti 9 (Nottm Forest)

Premiership

Man City 2 Aston Villa 0

City needed this win to get them back climbing the table Carew opened on 28mins to give them the lead and then Barton made it 2-0 on 64mins he would then see red on 77mins but Villa couldnt use the extra man they had to create chances.

Attendance 47981

MOM Serge Gakpe 8 (Man City)

Premiership

Man United 1 Man City 0

Only goal of this local derby came in the 4th min from Paul Thomik.

Attendance 75974

MOM Paul Thomik 8 (Man United)

Premiership

Arsenal 2 Man City 1

John Carew opened the scoring in this one 3mins from half time and then Sivok pulled Arsenal level and then Thierry Henry sealed the win for Arsenal on 78mins.

Attendance 46239

MOM Thierry Henry 9 (Arsenal)

Premiership

Man City 1 Everton 4

Man City's poor form continued in this one Van Wijk opened the scoring from the spot on 32mins, N'Zogbia pulled one back on 39mins but then Everton just stole the show Arteta on 41mins pulled Everton 2-1 up Schonburg made it 3-1 on 67mins and Voronin pulled the final nail in the coffin on 87mins.

Attendance 47970

MOM Pierre Alain-Frau 9 (Everton)

Premiership

Tottenham 1 Man City 0

Another poor performance from Man City gifted Spurs the 3points here Defoe scored as the half time whistle was about to blow and that was all they needed De Vries would be shown a red card on 53mins for Tottenham but City just didnt have enough gas in the tank to do anything about it.

Attendance 36198

MOM Reto Ziegler 8 (Tottenham)

Well what a **** poor session that was hope I dont have many more like that or I wont be at City long stay tuned to see if they improve or I move again lol......

andybanner3.jpg

The Sheep Shaggers Sun - Hepburn back in management and its going.......

Andrew Hepburn is back in football management with his new club Aberdeen, who sit in seventh place in the Bank of Scotland SPL league and they are still in the Scottish Cup. Hepburn has quite a job turning things around but has started pretty well and he already has Aberdeen heading in the right direction. Here is the latest from Pittodrie............

Scottish Premier League

Aberdeen v Hearts - (H) Sat 16th January 2010

A tough opener against Hearts who sit above them in the table. Hepburn has only been with his team for four days but he got a good determined performance out of the lads who were out to impress the new manager. A Leigh Downing goal had Aberdeen ahead in the second half but they were unable to hold onto their lead as Hearts equalised six minutes from time. Hepburn was pleased with his opening game and was looking to build on it at home to Kilmarnock in the next game.

Final Score - Aberdeen 1 v 1 Hearts

Goals - Aberdeen - Downing (68)

Goals - Hearts - Alex (84)

Sent Off - Jorge Ribeiro (Aberdeen)

Att - 16574

MOTM - Nando (Hearts)

Scottish Premier League

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - (H) Sat 23rd January 2010

A fantastic game of football and a superb advert for Scottish football. Both teams went at each other from the first whistle and the Aberdeen fans were loving the style Hepburn was trying to implement with his players. They seem to score a lot but concede a lot at the same time but Hepburn was not worried as long as his team won. Mikael Forsell was the star of the show for the Dons as he rifled in a superb hat trick as Hepburn grabbed his first win as Aberdeen manager.

Final Score - Aberdeen 4 v 2 Kilmarnock

Goals - Aberdeen - Forssell (13,64,73), Lovell (45)

Goals - Kilmarnock - Christie (46,70)

Att - 15560

MOTM - Mikael Forssell (Aberdeen)

Tennents Scottish Cup 4th Round

Hearts v Aberdeen - (A) Sat 30th January 2010

A great performance from the Dons but lady luck was just not on their side in this game. Hearts dominated the opening exchanges but Aberdeen came back into the game after the difficult opening and were creatinc chances but unable to take them. Two goals in a five minute spell from Pospisil killed the Dons hopes but they kept fighting and managed a late goal from Forssell but it was not enough to at least get a replay as Hearts saw out the rest of the match and marched on. Hepburn was not too disappointed with the result as he seemed more interested in getting Aberdeen up the table.

Final Score - Hearts 2 v 1 Aberdeen

Goals - Hearts - Pospisil (pen,65,70)

Goals - Aberdeen - Forssell (85)

Att - 14469

MOTM - Michal Pospisil (Hearts)

A great start to life as Aberdeen manager for Hepburn and lets hope this form continues for the remainder of the season!!!!!!!!!!

EFBAlternative.jpg

As some of you know Ill be moving in a couple of weeks and I got alot on at the moment so tonights session is off, Ill be sending the game to Steff if I dont see you online Andy before I leave anyway Id just like to say when we finally got this beast running it was a pleasure hosting this great game EFB will be around alot longer than some of its member on these forums and I thank you andy for allowing me to host.

I hope to be back online pretty quickly and in time for FM2007 but Ill talk to you all on msn Im sure before then

thanks again lads

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

Nowhere near winning the premiership?

I'm down in league two icon_razz.gif

But on the more serious question I think there is three of us left, yourself, Tony and me, with Dee somewhere in limbo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've taken Wolves down to League 2 icon_eek.gif that is scaling new heights of awfulness!

tonybanner2.jpg

Session Dates: 12th & 14th September 2006

transfers.png

Players In:

Michael Kone D R Norwich Free

Loans In: 1

Andrew Jordan GK Nottm Forest 3 Months

Players Released: 1

Sergio Leite GK

Results

championship.gif

Luton 0 vs 2 Hull

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (10) & Darryl Duffy (67)

Attendance: 8,535

MOM: Mattias Bjarsmyr (Hull)

Red Cards: Chima Orelaja (Luton) (32)

Good away win for the team to increase the teams confidence even more. We controlled the match against rock bottom side Luton who look like they have a first class ticket to League 1 at the moment. Another goal from in form striker Sorrentino and a goal from Duffy were enough to secure the 3 points to help Hull improve its chances of another rise up the table.

Hull 1 vs 1 Doncaster

Hull Scorer: Tonino Sorrentino (90)

Doncaster Scorer: Ishmael Miller (23)

Attendance: 25,385

MOM: Patrick McCarthy (Doncaster)

A disappointing match for Hull who were very lucky to get a point from this match as it wasn’t until the 93rd minute that Sorrentino saved us from a defeat. Hull have to play better than that if they want a top half finish.

Hull 1 vs 1 Bournemouth

Hull Scorer: Darren Pratley (45)

Bournemouth Scorer: Ryan Jarvis (41)

Attendance: 24,278

MOM: Ryan Jarvis (Bournemouth)

Another disappointing performance from hull means another 2 points dropped. They never really threatened their opponents.

Brighton 1 vs 3 Hull

Brighton Scorer: Leroy Lita (13)

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (31 & 47) & Will John (33)

Attendance: 21,981

MOM: Stuart Elliott (Hull)

Red Cards: Adam Hinshelwood (Brighton) (53)

Good win to bring Hull back on track. Brighton opened the scoring only for Sorrentino to equalise and then John scored Hull’s second before Sorrentino second his second to secure the points with Stuart Elliott performing brilliantly down the flank to earn himself a man of the match award.

Hartlepool 3 vs 0 Hull

Hartlepool Scorers: Philip Howard (4 & 43) & Jonathan Stead (67)

Attendance: 10,883

MOM: Thomas Gaardsoe (Hartlepool)

Utter rubbish is what I can describe my sides performance as. They failed to threaten the Hartlepool goal and I am now considering drastic measures and selling the non-performers.

Hull 1 vs 1 Southampton

Hull Scorer: Joan Tomas (25)

Southampton Scorer: Dexter Blackstock (67)

Attendance: 25,063

MOM: Stephen Andersen (Southampton)

Hull Injuries: Sam Sodje (57)

The defence let me down again as it looked like we could be getting a 1-0 victory but it wasn’t to be as in the 67th minute Southampton equalised and made sure we only achieved 1 point from this match in which Joan Tomas was our only scorer.

Q.P.R 3 vs 2 Hull

Q.P.R Scorers: Leon Dixon (1) & Conal Platt (11 & 70)

Hull Scorers: Will John (24) & Stephen Elliott (45)

Attendance:17,782

MOM: Conal Platt (Q.P.R)

Yet again my defence turns into a chocolate fireguard. They just can’t defend if their lives depended on it and my goalie is making stupid mistakes. These mistakes cost us the match in which we could have at least got a point had it not been for the defence giving the opponents too much space.

Preston 3 vs 2 Hull

Preston Scorers: David Healy (21), Lee Bailey (42) & Scott Taylor (60)

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (2) & Will John (38)

Attention: 20,103

MOM: Lee Bailey (Preston)

I am seriously getting annoyed by my sides defence and in this match they should have put on Preston shirts because they just can not defend the goal if their lives depended on it. This team doesn’t know what winning is or making the kill. Roll on end of season and transfer window.

Hull 0 vs 1 Coventry

Coventry Scorer: Lloyd Sam (Pen 26)

Attendance: 25,395

MOM: Lloyd Sam (Coventry)

Hull Injuries: Tonino Sorrentino (37)

That’s it this whole bunch of tossers are going straight onto the transfer list because they just can’t master the simple concept of defending the goal.

Sheff Wed 1 vs 0 Hull

Sheff Wed Scorer: Daniel Nardiello (22)

Attendance: 25,282

MOM: Burton O’Brien (Sheff Wed)

Utter crap, this team just hasn’t got what it takes to win a match, they have no ambition and no killer touch. I am going to rebuild this side during the break and get rid of the dead wood.

Championship Position at end of season: 17th

andybanner3.jpg

The Sheepshaggers Sun - The new era can finally begin!!!!!

Well after an on and off season last season, when personal issues took over for new Aberdeen manager Andrew Hepburn he was looking forward to a good pre season as he was intent on getting this club back to winning ways. He had the players back early working on getting everything right for the new season ahead. They even managed to squeeze in an invitiation to take part in the Intertoto Cup for their great efforts last season that saw them finish in fourth position. Hepburn was wanting more in the coming season and was pushing his players to the limit. He also found time to get in some new players to try and bolster his squad, most of whom were only to happy to join Hepburn's Dons revolution.

He managed to bring in centre half Adam Virgo from Celtic for £350k to strengthen his aging defence and with Virgo no where near a game at Parkhead he was only to happy to join. He brings a lot of potential to the team with his strength but was never really allowed to show it at Parkhead.

Hepburn has also managed to snap up Scottish internationalist Ian Murray from Rangers on a free transfer and he is a player who can player in various positions so that is waht attracted Hepburn to him. In addition he also managed to get in another midfielder Darren Potter on a free transfer from Tottenham, where he was not wanted. Hepburn had him at Reading a few years ago and Potter was delighted to rejoin Hepburn. Those two will add some strength and depth and an abundance of quality to the Dons midfield. Places will be fought hard for in the coming season.

Hepburn is still on the lookout for other players but nothing definite has come of the rumours circulating the press that Hepburn is interested in a number of players.

It was a really busy pre season for Aberdeen with their involvement in the Intertoto Cup but they were ready for the challenges that lay ahead. Here is how they got on in their matches during pre season:

Intertoto Cup 1st Round 2st Leg

Aberdeen v Trans - (H) Sat 26th June 2010

Final Score - Aberdeen 2 v 0 Trans

Intertoto Cup 2nd Round 1st Leg

Roma v Aberdeen - (A) Sat 3rd July 2010

For their efforts in the last round Aberdeen were handed the worst possible draw as they had to take on Roma, one of Europe's leading sides and Hepburn was gutted. They travelled to Rome for the first leg and Hepburn told his players to just go out and enjoy themselves as no one was expecting them to manage a draw nevermind a win. Roma were without several players due tot he World Cup but still had a fantastic side. Aberdeen gave it everything and two goals in the space of five first half minutes had them in dreamland and the Roma team in shock. They held onto their lead and came away with an unbelievable 2-0 win.

Final Score - Roma 0 v 2 Aberdeen

Goals - Aberdeen - Holm (25), Mendonca (30)

Att - 40105

MOTM - Harald Pinxten (Aberdeen)

Queen Of the South v Aberdeen - (A) Tues 6th July 2010

Final Score - Queen Of the South 0 v 4 Aberdeen

Intertoto Cup 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Aberdeen v Roma - (H) Sat 10th July 2010

A packed house inside Pittodire as Aberdeen were ninety minutes away from pulling off a footballing shcok as they welcomed Roma. Unfortunately for Aberdeen, Roma had a few of their best players back in their team and Aberdeen knew this was a massive task. Roma dominated the game and opened the scoring on the half hour. Aberdeen, in a rare attack managed to pull level through Holm but they were level for only a matter of minutes as right on half time Roma were ahead. Roma pressed and pressed in the second half and finally managed to break down a stubborn Dons rearguard to score twice in the final nine minutes to get the goals they needed to take them through to the next round. A great effort from teh Dons but it wasn't enough in the end. They got a tremendous ovation as they left the pitch but Hepburn looked gutted deep down that they failed to hold onto their lead from the first leg.

Final Score - Aberdeen 1 v 4 Roma

Goals - Aberdeen - Holm (39)

Goals - Roma - Freddi (33), Obinna (44), De Dominicis (81), Perrotta (pen,87)

Att - 21385

MOTM - Mancini (Roma)

Raith v Aberdeen - (A) Wed 14th July 2010

Final Score - Raith 0 v 3 Aberdeen

Peterhead v Aberdeen - (A) Tues 20th July 2010

Final Score - Peterhead 1 v 3 Aberdeen

Partick v Aberdeen - (A) Sat 24th July 2010

Final Score - Partick 1 v 4 Aberdeen

A busy pre season but Hepburn believes his players are in great condition and with a huge win against Roma under their belts, albeit they lost eventually he feels they can take this into the new season and hopefully disrupt the old firm in the coming season.

tonybanner2.jpg

Session Dates: 26th & 28th September 2006

transfers.png

Players In: 3

Michael Kone D R Norwich Free

Damien Duff AM L Wolves Free

Mathieu Flamini DM Nottm Forest £2.2m

Players Out: 4

Stephen McPhee ST Lincoln £50K

Danny Atkins D R Brentford £16K

Ben Burgess ST Wycombe £50K

Sam Sodje D RC Chesterfield Free

Friendly Results

Hayes 0 vs 4 Hull

Hull Scorers: Andrew Howell (Pen 11), Damien Duff (45) & Darryl Duffy (48 & 66)

Attendance: 6,474

MOM: Damien Duff (Hull)

Hull 1 vs Ipswich

Hull Scorer: Darryl Duffy (63)

Attendance: 2,181

MOM: Steve Foster (Hull)

Hull Injuries: Andy Dawson (9)

Kingstonian 0 vs 3 Hull

Hull Scorers: Velizar Dimitrov (39) & Darryl Duffy (64 & 83)

Attendance: 4,182

MOM: Michael Kone (Hull)

Ayr 0 vs 4 Hull

Hull Scorers: Velizar Dimitrov (5), Mathieu Flamini (7), Darren Pratley (21) & Stuart Elliott (77)

Attendance: 7,924

Kidderminster 1 vs 0 Hull

Kidderminster Scorer: Freddy Cass (21)

Attendance: 6,154

MOM: Phillip Callington (Kidderminster)

Southend 0 vs 2 Hull

Hull Scorers: Garry O’Connor (3) & Mathieu Flamini (56)

Attendance: 7,730

MOM: Mattias Bjarsmyr (Hull)

Season Begins

championship.gif

westham_home.png West Ham 4 vs 1 Hull hull_away.png

West Ham Scorers: Dean Ashton (5 & 56) & Agirretxe (19 & 58)

Hull Scorer: Darryl Duffy (16)

Attendance: 35,580

MOM: Agirretxe (West Ham)

Yep its business as usual at the start of the season for the Hull defence is still as effective as a chocolate fireguard. I just don’t understand why they are not performing as they should be. I bought the players and they still don’t win. Back to the drawing board.

Southampton_home.png Southampton 2 vs 2 Hull hull_away.png

Southampton Scorers: Riki (10 & 31)

Hull Scorers: Will John (37) & Darryl Duffy (47)

Attendance: 20,849

MOM: Riki (Southampton)

Red Cards: Lars Martin Engedal (Southampton) (89)

A point is better than nothing and that’s quite an achievement for Hull to achieve against Southampton who I rarely do well against.

hull_home.png Hull 1 vs 0 Doncaster doncasteraway.png

Hull Scorers: Garry O’Connor (83)

Attendance: 25,365

MOM: Garry O’Connor (Hull)

Finally a win and a clean sheet. Garry O’Connor with his first goal for Hull in the dying minutes was enough to secure the three points and a much needed win.

hull_home.png Hull 3 vs 2 Preston preston_away.png

Hull Scorers: Simon Francis own goal (11), Matt Grant (Pen 48) & Damien Duff (63)

Preston Scorers: Bobby Zamora (9) & Alan Gow (90)

Attendance: 25,000

MOM: Matt Grant (Hull)

Now we’re getting somewhere a win against my most hated opponent Preston is a well earned 3 points in my view. We played a hell of a lot better and Duff scored his first league goal for the club. We controlled the match an only made 2 errors that led to Preston’s two goals.

League Cup

1st Round

Stoke_home.png Stoke 1 vs 0 Hull hull_away.png

Stoke Scorers: Simon Barker (66)

Attendance: 7,111

MOM: John Palmer

Back to the old ways and this loss was embarrassing as it was to a League One club. Hull lacked the passion to take the game to the Stoke defence and we were punished for our lack of imagination.

Championship

lincolnhome.png Lincoln 1 vs 0 Hull hull_away.png

Lincoln Scorer: James Graham (25)

Attendance: 5,213

MOM: Jason Brown (Lincoln)

I am seriously getting cheesed off with this side, they can’t win a match if their lives depended on it. The defenders just won’t defend properly and the attackers just can’t shoot properly, its like their intentionly trying to lose the matches.

hull_home.png Hull 2 vs 0 Coventry coventry_away.png

Hull Scorers: Tonino Sorrentino (38) & Francis Jeffers (81)

Attendance: 25,392

Hull Injuries: Mathieu Flamini (8)

Back to winning ways at last and we controlled this match well allowing Sorrentino and Jeffers to score the goals and Coventry didn’t really trouble our defence.

hull_home.png Hull 1 vs 1 Sheff Wed sheffwed_away.png

Hull Scorer: Velizar Dimitrov (5)

Sheff Wed Scorer: Kris Boyd (36)

Attendance: 25,386

MOM: Kris Boyd (Sheff Wed)

Disappointing draw in a match we should have won. Another lapse in our defence allowed Sheff Wed to equalise and their defence was just too solid for us to score a winner.

Ipswich_home.png Ipswich 1 vs 1 Hull hull_away.png

Ipswich Scorer: Jose Manuel Mendoza (50)

Hull Scorer: Will John (9)

Attendance: 26,795

MOM: Paul Farley (Ipswich)

Hull Injury: Matt Grant (6)

Another disappointing draw and yet again a lapse in the defence let Ipswich equalise. Hull just can’t win a match if their lives depended on it. The defence really needs a kick up the ass.

blackburn_home.png Blackburn 3 vs 1 Hull hull_away.png

Blackburn Scorers: Craig O’Connor (17)

Hull Scorers: Velizar Dimitrov (26) & Johan Elmander (40 & 86)

Attendance: 22,184

MOM: Johan Elmander (Blackburn)

Hull Injury: John Welsh (6)

I give up, I just give up, I have tried everything except walk onto the pitch with a shot gun to get my players to perform as they should be performing. This game really has it in for me.

hull_home.png Hull 0 vs 1 Birmingham birmingham_away.png

Birmingham Scorer: Maxi Lopez (33)

Attendance: 25,376

MOM: Dulee Johnson (Birmingham)

I am seriously considering resigning and looking for another club because I just don’t know what I am doing wrong. This side just seem to be doing their best to lose every match.

Championship Position at end of sessions: 12th

Steff I am still a member its just that I am giving the FM06 a rest and will rejoin when FM07 comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Therefore ending the FM2006 version of the game icon_razz.gif

EFBAlternative.jpg

****************Clan Announcement***********************************

Well since Tony has left I think we will just call it a day for EFB FM 2006. I would like to thank all who played the game for the last ten months or so especially Steff, Rob and rouchie who have been part of EFB 2006 since it started and played week in week out and we all had a good laugh at the same time and that is really what it is all about.

I am unsure whether there will be an EFB 07 clan at the moment but no doubt I will speak to you all at some point. Again cheers lads for playing this addition of EFB.

Andy, There will be a EFB 2007, I have not left the clan, I only said I was giving FM2006 a rest as I resigned from Hull and saw no point in going for another job seeing as FM2007 is coming out in a couple of weeks time.

When FM2007 comes out me, you, steff, Rouchie (If he does come back) will reform the new EFB FM2007 clan.

Well we will just have to wait and see if there is an EFB 07 clan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might even make a host come back! icon_wink.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

god help the EFB if Goldys back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! total domination from conference teams who end up winning the champions league and premiership etc, it must get on their flipping nerves I tell ya! :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

god help the EFB if Goldys back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know! total domination from conference teams who end up winning the champions league and premiership etc, it must get on their flipping nerves I tell ya! :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gold still living on past glories I see.

You've done nothing on FM though as you have not stayed long enough in the game.

Archived