[FM10] AFC Telford

JRoberts2

2009/10 Season

I joined AFC Telford with a media prediction of 1st and a nice youth academy. I finished in a very poor 11th in the Blue Square North. But i had a nice Fa Cup run reaching the 3rd round before being knocked out by League 1 run-aways Leeds United with Jermain Beckford netting a hatrick. after this run i felt that i would have some money to spend for my second season.

2010/11 Season

I was given a transfer budget of £0 and no wage budget to even be able to bring in free transfers so had to promote 3 youth players who were never good enough for my squad. After 13 games place 14th in the league AFC Wimbledon offered me there managers job at this time they were in BSP so accepted but with them placed 22nd i thought i would have a job on my hands. But on i brought in former Peterbrough cm Dean Keats and former Hereforrd cb John McCombe and they instantly pushed me up the league and i finished the league in 14th

2011/12 Season

I stayed at AFC Wimbledon after a few job offers and started very well. i brought in a very nice young keeper and cb. I constantly went many games unbeaten and at Christmas found my self in 5th position. they i went on a brilliant run and won my last 10 games and ended up 2nd at the end of season only missing out on goal difference to a very rich sailsbury side who were able to spend 500k in that season. so i played Barnet in my semi-final and beat them just in extra time. so then i got my end of season trip to wembley to play Oxford where i found myself 3-0 down at half time and promotion was over.

2012/13 Season

After my Play-off final defeat i resigned as Wimbledon manager and spent 6 months looking for a league club to join. i was then offered a chance to join Oldham a side 22nd in league 1 i straight away took the challenge. my first day i went straight out and signed Jermain Beckford for a brilliant 30k and Notts Countys Ben Davies. i was also able to sign Bellamy on a 6 month loan i also took young liverpool striker lopes on a 6 month loan along with man citys young midfielder Potts. after i battled relegation for most of the season i ended finishing in 12th

Archived