How do you set your Defensive Line?

Hi guys!

I have a simple question about the defensive line. How do you set it up? Do you set it up to match the midfielders/defenders mentality or do you have an other theory that you are applying?

Im in need of some urgent help. Im using the patch 10.2.0

It would be nice if some expert could answer this question..

Regards,

pilsken.

For me it depends. If I'm playing against slow attackers and using an attacking mentality then I'd want to use a high d-line. If the opposition had fast attackers I'd probably leave it normal.

If I was playing counter attack then it makes sense to play with a deeper d-line so the opposition come onto you. I'd also play a deep d-line if the opposition was been very defensive and hard to break down. This would cause them to be out of position and come onto you more, meaning they can't be as defensive as they'd want.

Usually i play a 442 or a variation of it, as a standard starting point i would set the D-Line in between the mentality of my Defensive and Attacking MC's, so if my Defensive MC was at 10 and my Attacking MC was at 14 i would set it around 12.

Also, totally agree with Cleon with regards to dropping deep if playing against a very defensive side

Archived