Wonder Tactic gone wrong

ive been having good success with my own created tactic but i cant help feeling a little dissappointed. Im gettin a massive amount of clear cut chances, more than ive had before with any tactic. The problem is my strikers are good but the chances always come to nothing here are some screen shots to show what i mean

http://i50.tinypic.com/jpjv2r.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2lazknr.jpg

if you look at the 2nd screenie i had 8 clear cut chances with no goals thats just insane

i get some good results but i seen to be drawing a lot of matches and loosing a few i shouldnt im still overachieving in the boards eyes but with my squad i was sure i would push for promotion

ive noticed other annoying things such as Fulham coming 2nd last year with the 2nd best defensive record in the league while playing a 424 and ive noticed all the top teams in my league seem to play a 532 at the minute and are scoring goals for fun surely i tried to create a 532 tactic before with no success

any ideas how to turn chances into goals here is the tactic

http://i48.tinypic.com/1q27pd.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T4KNO74T

ignore the team instruction if you go advanced you will see each player has individual instructions of their own

its a mixture here are the chanes my 2 strikers had in the match with 8 cccs

http://i48.tinypic.com/2d971n9.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/14ioom0.png

Very simple. Change your formation in order to put 3 central strikers instead of only two. The AI will still score more goals with less CCC, but your strikers will improve a lot in their finishing.

Very simple. Change your formation in order to put 3 central strikers instead of only two. The AI will still score more goals with less CCC, but your strikers will improve a lot in their finishing.

what way would i implament 3 striker? would i not then loose my amc who is the link up player

I don't see the logic in that.

My advise would be to shorten your passing up a bit, as it'd guess that alot of those chances are due to longer balls played over the top dropping over the shoulder of the striker, so he's taking it on the bounce. But that may not be the case. Could be that the chances are coming from crosses, or that they are too close to a good 'keeper rushing out...

Apart from that, your tactic looks fine to me and the chances seem of a decent quality and in the right positions to score. You might just be hitting a barren patch with those particular strikers.

The bigger concern would be your defence.

I don't see the logic in that.

My advise would be to shorten your passing up a bit, as it'd guess that alot of those chances are due to longer balls played over the top dropping over the shoulder of the striker, so he's taking it on the bounce. But that may not be the case. Could be that the chances are coming from crosses, or that they are too close to a good 'keeper rushing out...

Apart from that, your tactic looks fine to me and the chances seem of a decent quality and in the right positions to score. You might just be hitting a barren patch with those particular strikers.

my defence blows hot and cold they cant seem to keep up good form any ideas how to fix them?

alot of my chances come from balls over the top from my full backs not from crosses, also alot of through balls from my amc

Huh, whats the sense behind doing that?:confused:

Just to add to this,

Is your right sided striker right footed? Try a left footer there and a right footer on the left and see the difference then;)

Because judging by the screenshots you posted of the chances the angles could all be wrong and thats why there not been scored.

Justified's "Swoosh" Park The Tank Approach to Defending

Good tips in there.

And that's what I meant - balls over the top are harder chances to take because the striker generally only has one touch at most before the shot; in fact, alot of them can be first time shots. Which means they are chances of lesser quality than the through ball on the ground; that's why I suggested shortening your passing to see if you get better quality in terms of chances.

Pass short all the way to left, slow the tempo to first tick after Normal to Slow, leave long shots normal, and I can't see why playing 1 striker support when you have already a AMC and 2 MC attacking. My advise: change support Striker to Advanced Forward Attack and AMC to Attack as well with running from deep often, same for your 2 Attacking MC.

Just to add to this,

Is your right sided striker right footed? Try a left footer there and a right footer on the left and see the difference then;)

Because judging by the screenshots you posted of the chances the angles could all be wrong and thats why there not been scored.

both my strikers are right footed only which may be the problem but my young striker has had a wonderful season scoring 12 in 6 starts and 18 sub appearences, guess what....left footed lol

Justified's "Swoosh" Park The Tank Approach to Defending

Good tips in there.

And that's what I meant - balls over the top are harder chances to take because the striker generally only has one touch at most before the shot; in fact, alot of them can be first time shots. Which means they are chances of lesser quality than the through ball on the ground; that's why I suggested shortening your passing to see if you get better quality in terms of chances.

thank you kindly

both my strikers are right footed only which may be the problem but my young striker has had a wonderful season scoring 12 in 6 starts and 18 sub appearences, guess what....left footed lol

thank you kindly

Did he score the goals playing on the right side or left?

Pass short all the way to left, slow the tempo to first tick after Normal to Slow, leave long shots normal, and I can't see why playing 1 striker support when you have already a AMC and 2 MC attacking. My advise: change support Striker to Advanced Forward Attack and AMC to Attack as well with running from deep often, same for your 2 Attacking MC.

he isnt really playin support ignore that because underneath it all the players have there own instructions one striker does play deeper but thats only to help the amc and create space

he isnt really playin support ignore that because underneath it all the players have there own instructions one striker does play deeper but thats only to help the amc and create space

Personally I would keep him up, keeping the 2 opposition CB busy, leaving more space in the "hole" for the AMC to operate.

the last 2 matches he scored in he was playing on the right side

oddly enough tho looking at the analysis both goals came from the left side

Personally I would keep him up, keeping the 2 opposition CB busy, leaving more space in the "hole" for the AMC to operate.

sounds reasonable i may give that a try

Again... play with 3 strikers.

im not sure how i would set that up to be honest and i only have 2 fit strikers at the minute

But whats the logic behind that? It makes no sense at all. It's no use saying play with 3 strikers when you offer no valid argument for why he should switch.

any tips??

But whats the logic behind that? It makes no sense at all. It's no use saying play with 3 strikers when you offer no valid argument for why he should switch.

Well, the best valid argument I can find is that it works! Strikers will improve their efficiency, an d you just have to read Mr.Hough's thread (tactic: complete dominance) http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=175981 , where everyone was complaining about having too many CCC and very few goals. The moment we tried 3 strikers upfront, just by pushing the AMC into the FC center slot, was a real turning point, thet eventually originated in his new tactic Ultimo Dominance.

Well, the best valid argument I can find is that it works! Strikers will improve their efficiency, an d you just have to read Mr.Hough's thread (tactic: complete dominance) http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=175981 , where everyone was complaining about having too many CCC and very few goals. The moment we tried 3 strikers upfront, just by pushing the AMC into the FC center slot, was a real turning point, thet eventually originated in his new tactic Ultimo Dominance.

That's because of the set up of his tactic, not the fact he's got three up front.

I'm playing the exact same system as the OP at the moment and gone 15 games unbeaten, conceding only seven and scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

It's coincidental that three strikers up top works based on Mr. Hough's tactical choice. If his set up was different it may not work.

And this comes from someone who actually favours the three-man-up-top approach!

That doesn't fix the problem with CCC's though becaus its a ME problem that causes head on CCC's to be saved every go.

What Tubey says above is true its not because he plays with 3 up front. I play with 1 up front on most occassions and my striker is very efficient. By pushing the AMC into FC position doesn't make them type of CCC's obsolete and the problems still exist. It should be fixed for everyone soon though :)

That doesn't fix the problem with CCC's though becaus its a ME problem that causes head on CCC's to be saved every go.

What Tubey says above is true its not because he plays with 3 up front. I play with 1 up front on most occassions and my striker is very efficient. By pushing the AMC into FC position doesn't make them type of CCC's obsolete and the problems still exist. It should be fixed for everyone soon though :)

Yes. It's true. It does solve the goalscoring problem, but the CCC's are still missed. What happens with 3 strikers is that in a lot of occasions one of the strikers bombs it against the keeper, and one of the other two strikers gets the rebound and scores.

If you read Mr.Hough's complete dominance thread, this tactic with 2 strikers generated tons of CCC that didn't lead to scoring, and from the moment we putted the AMC upfront (Without changing ANY settings) the 3 strikers started scoring like crazy!

Yes. It's true. It does solve the goalscoring problem, but the CCC's are still missed. What happens with 3 strikers is that in a lot of occasions one of the strikers bombs it against the keeper, and one of the other two strikers gets the rebound and scores.

If you have problems scoring using 1 or 2 strikers then its a fault with your settings to begin with. The CCC issue is something else. But goal scoring isn't broken.

I know where you're coming from, but what I'm saying is the same effect can be achieved from having an AMC run from deep or two incutting wingers. Or even an MC running from deep.

That'll always happen if your tactics are right whatever the formation. It just works on Mr. Hough's with three up top because it's a well designed tactic. I'm sure Mr. Hough could come up with a 4-4-2 that does exactly the same - I know I could!

In that thread I wrote:

As far as I'm concerned the finishing problem is solved with the AMC into FC position solution. I'm scoring like there's no tomorrow. Playing at home and facing weaker/equal opposition I'm getting 4 to 5 goals. It's insane. I'm using the Elephant Stone version with the AMC change. And yes, the first pic is against Benfica!!! Loving FM again!!!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7866/benficay.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/840/leixoesm.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4353/nacionalf.jpg

And I was not the only one:

Totally agree.

I just played against top of the league, and until this game, unbeaten, West Brom.

wba.th.jpg

No settings were changed, just the position of one player, and suddently the tactic started scoring like hell.

Archived