[FM10] The Titani Adventure!

H1993

This is the story of my career, starting off at San Marino, the domestic club who play their football in the fourth tier of Italian football (Serie C2/B).

I'll probably do half-season updates, so bear with me as I try to take this small club to European glory! And sorry if this is a bit rough, it's my first one so bear with me! And further apologies for missing letters occasionally (if you're bothered), my keyboard is a bit naff...

I set myself as a Sunday League footballer, English nationality, with Tottenham as my favourite club, and am using the 10.2 patch (& database) for this save.

Database: Small (loaded all San Marinese players)

Playable: England (to Blue Square North/South), Italy (to C2), Spain (to Second Division B)

View only: None

Season	Team		League                	         Competition progress				  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10-11	San Marino	Serie C2/B	                 League 		    : [b]WINNERS![/b]
					         Serie C Cup	    	    : Group stage
					         C2 Super Cup		    : [b]WINNERS![/b]

logo_san_marino_calcio1.jpg

July 2009 - December 2009

TRANSFERS

Best transfer so far has to be Frau, he's something of a revelation, despite being played in the centre of midfield out of position. I'm hopefully going to offload a few reserves and youths in January to ease the wage budget, which is necessary due to rapidly declining attendances. The board keep 'bracing themselves for a low turnout' and hope that 'improved performances' will attract more fans, despite far exceeding expecations so far?

in1.png

out1.png

FRIENDLIES

We had a mixed bag of results in our friendly games, with many trialists being used. I started to gain a rough idea of the strongest players and tactics to use, and threw in a little cup (using rival clubs) to get a bit of income.

friendlies.png

SERIE C CUP

A disappointing early exit in this tournament with some average results while the team were still trying to find their feet. However, it gives us an easier season with no cup games.

seriecgroup.png

SERIE C2/B

Fantastic going in the league to leave us well up there at the end of 2009, proving the pundits' prediction of seventh totally wrong. Some very poor results, including a 4-0 loss to Sangiustese (which in truth didn't reflect the game, we had so many shots and somehow failed to score!). Towards the end of the year things started deteriorating, and hopefully this will not continue into 2010.

seriec2b.png

LEAGUE TABLE 31/12/09

The top teams have all been dropping points which has left us leading the pack.

leaguetable.png

SUMMARY

Overall we've had a great start to the season, and hopefully we can carry this on and grab promotion. A few reinforcements may be needed in January, as we've been lucky so far regarding injuries (one or two and we'll be left with a very thin squad).

squad.png

San Marino :thup:

I managed them on FM 07, only good game I really had on that version. Really enjoyed it, I think I spent 8 seasons or something in Serie C1, then went up from Serie B straight away. Eventually managed the national side as well.

Will have to manage them again one day, and with the league editor, I could also load the San Marino league.

Thanks for the comments.. And I agree, there's something about San Marino which makes for good saves! Although without gaining nationality this year, the national team is undoubtedly harder.

January 2010 - June 2010

TRANSFERS

Just the one January signing to note in the form of Pepé Diaz, but what a great signing he turned out to be, bagging a good games-to-goals ratio in his appearances. No transfers out unfortunately, athough i've allowed the contracts of most reserves to run out at the end of the season.

SERIE C2/B & SERIE C CUP

Despite the rocky run at the beginning of January where we fell to fourth, things picked up with the £10k signing of Pepe Díaz from Córdoba. We managed to stick it out for the rest of the season, eventually claiming the title with two games left to play after a seven game win streak. A major factor for our success was the amount of points dropped by the other teams at the top, but we move into the third tier of Italian football now, in the C1/ . The two games at the end are of the Serie C Cup, where we picked up more silverware (thought i'd put that in with this to save using an image...)

seriec2b.png

LEAGUE TABLE 31/12/09

A points total of around the 70 mark should never win a title (even 60 points would have won it!), but somehow it did because of the abysmal form of every other club in the league.

leaguetable.png

SUMMARY

A fantastic season to win the C2/B out-and-out, although it does raise question marks over next season. We didn't deserve to win the league, and some reinforcements are definitely needed if we have any chance of surviving in the division above. Our finances are poor as well, losing about £60k a month (mainly because of a reserve on £1,600 per week that I can't offload), so something also needs to be done about this.

squadk.png

And this may also be of interest?

summary.png

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the comments.. And I agree, there's something about San Marino which makes for good saves! Although without gaining nationality this year, the national team is undoubtedly harder.

Why's that? Not possible any more?

Why's that? Not possible any more?

Apparently it's not possible to gain Sanmarinese nationality in real life, it was an error from last year which has been removed.. Details on this thread I made the other day.

Archived