[FM10] Attmepting to start a Journeyman game but having issues

JackDavies

Ive set my self to automattic, and have loaded Italy England and spain up with all the bottom leagues,

And started unemployed, but have now been offered a job by charlton.

TBh i was hoping for a lot lot lower then that?

How is it that a club like Charlton is willing to take me, what am i doing wrong?

There is something wrong with the 'automatic' setting in FM10. I believe it has been reported as a bug.

Sunday League Football is now the lowest setting you can get. I don't understand what automatic does but it definitely seems to give you a reputation way beyond what it used to. :(

Going Sunday League is the best plan. :thup:

Therefore if you start unemployed, it becomes somewhat random.

This seems to be the case, although it used to give you a reputation suitable to the lowest league you had loaded if you started unemployed (this was back on FM09 and FM08). I've not a clue what has changed for FM10 but it simply doesn't work like it used to.

Does 'automatic' work properly if you start at a club then Nobby? If I start my Saints save with 'automatic' reputation, will it give me the right kind of reputation for a BSS side? Just wondering about your experiences of using it, as all my saves on FM10 have been started unemployed so far and I had the same problem as the OP when using automatic (so I switched to Sunday League instead).

As an additional thought, most of the 'small club to big club' challenges I have seen on CSE (e.g. Dafuge's Challenge and so on and so forth) are using Sunday League reputation, which is a change this year from the previously used Automatic setting.

I switched it for FM09 (I think) after realising that automatic gave you a higher reputation if you were older. Sunday league footballer seemed to be the only way of everyone starting with the lowest reputation.

Just testing:

English leagues only loaded, down to BSN/S, default settings used for the new manager.

As St Albans:

Sunday league footballer = Unproven

Automatic = Unproven

As unemployed:

Sunday league footballer = Unproven

Automatic = Regional

No idea why that happens.

Archived