5 reasons why the 8.0.2 update should be out now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ljuba82:

What???

I've heard that in 8.0.2. are going to be just minor changes...wtf... icon_mad.gif

...if ME is not seriously fixed you should be burned SI...it would be definetely the end of my playing of CM/FM (and who knows why it's good). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With comments like that, I'm surprised they even bother. No, repeat, no other software company interacts with its consumer base in friendly manner with which SI tries to conduct itself.

We all appreciate the problems in 8.0.1, and we all hope 8.0.2 fixes them. However, they don't make the game unplayable (with the exception of the Spanish registration bug), just frustrating.

You have no idea outside of random hearsay whether 8.0.2 will have major or minor changes, yet you feel it necessary to wish them to burn to death!! Slightly hysterical, is it not?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but no other company releases half-products!!!

Yes...you are right in one thing...maybe I was too temperamental, I aplogise for that...but that doesn't change the fact that we all have to wait until FEB or MAR for complete game...and it's a big gamble is it going to be good. Cause now...it certanly isn't...and it's totaly unplayable and unrealistic!!!

P.S. Yes...I found unofficial list of changes on fmserbia...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cafe_latte:

This is only a wish, but hey, I'm allowed to wish, right? lol

I'd like to see the CA + PAs of Scottish players present and future regens be slightly better than they are presently on FM08. I'm not asking to have a full 26-man squad of world class players.. just a tea, that is realistic to what Scotland MIGHT be like in the year 2012, or 2022...icon_smile.gif I would change the CA and PA of present day players, but that would be regarded as cheating on my behalf, but if SI were to do it, well, that wouldn't really be cheating would it!icon_wink.gif lol

And also... SI, bring back the old International Management - the new 'improved' one stinks.icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see what you're saying, but I think you'll find that this is already quite realistic. The way it works now is that the success of the team in each tournament/season influences the future. It would be wholly unrealistic to just set the game up to create players in, say 2018, that are noticably improved to those of 2008 simply because someone decides that's what they want to happen.

Instead, if Scotland (or any nation) do well in their tournaments, their reputation increases, which also increases the potential quality of the nation's regens, thereby increasing the strength of the national side, allowing greater success... and so it goes on.

The alternative would not work, because if future regens were set to be improved, regardless of performance, then it would have to be the same for every other nation. Why would Scotland improve more than say Iceland or Malta or Latvia?

And, if everyone improves every season, then the strength of each nation, relative to others, would be as before, but every player, individually, would be better which is wholly unrealistic and would see the whole footballing world eventually at the point where EVERY player had 200 PA and every team would be equal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by betterspud:

If you all as unhappy as you seem to be, stop playing the game, send it back and get a refund (which is within your rights if you truly believe it is not fit for purpose) and go and play something else. Why spend such a large chunk of your life ranting about a product which you claim is so poor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more. Why people seem to think it's their God given right to have a free patch is beyond me. As I've said before, if it was any other game that you weren't happy with you'd just bin it off and play something else.

The change in attitude on these forums over the last year is depressing me, never mind the guys at SI who do a great job of following up the release with support and patches. I can't repeat this enough, if what they're doing is not good enough for you then go and play something else, please. That's your right as a consumer. What's not your right is to demand a game be improved for free just because you don't think it's as good as the previous version. As I said, I thought Pro Evo 5 and 6 were inferior to Pro Evo 4. But I didn't demand they brought out a free, better version of either of those games just so I'd be happier with them. I stopped playing them, traded them in and went back to Pro Evo 4. And unless you've been forced to stop playing the game because of a genuine game breaking issue that is caused by the game and not your PC then I'm not interested in your counter arguments. Only these people have genuine reasons to claim the game is unplayable. All other issues are just poor gameplay features which SI are under no obligation to improve until FM09. Yet they are trying to improve them. Why they bother anymore is beyond me at the moment, I doubt I would.

I just think this aggresive aproach shows us, well in some crazy way how much people realy care about this series. I don't think PES has such depth as CM/FM. some people feel a little cheated with last few products. some don't understand the complexity of this game. but on the other side there are people, so called fan boys icon_wink.gif who blindly defend this game, I think that's why most fights happen here these days. just be constructive, whatever you think about this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

I just think this aggresive aproach shows us, well in some crazy way how much people realy care about this series. I don't think PES has such depth as CM/FM. some people feel a little cheated with last few products. some don't understand the complexity of this game. but on the other side there are people, so called fan boys icon_wink.gif who blindly defend this game, I think that's why most fights happen here these days. just be constructive, whatever you think about this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I have complaints of my own about the game and plenty of things that I think could have and perhaps should have been done better.

But, imo, that doesn't give me the right to demand a patch to fix all the things I'm not happy with. Perhaps not expecting SI to re-write the game between release and February just so I'm completely happy with it makes me a 'fanboy'. If so then that's fine by me, I'll continue to discuss ways in which I think the game can be improved, as well as converse with like minded people who share a comment interest with me. After all thats what these forums are for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Personally, I just just gone with the

1. I paid £30 for this game 4 months ago and am still waiting for it to patched to playable standard,

but thats just me.

The games biggest problem I personally feel is just the difficulty level, as discussed in depth elsewhere. Whilst the AI is tactically much more astute then in previous version, the majority or people that play just cant get thier head around the tactics system. Thats basically why theres such a contrast in people who are of the opinion that theres a few issues but its workabout, and then those who are like, this games just plain unplayable.

I feel its an issue that wont truely be addressed until FM09. Assuming they completely overhaul that tactics system.

If they dont.... they might find that they begin appealing to thier only target market, hardcore simulation fan, and losing thier casual gamers to other franchises. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed it shouldnt take 4 months to play the game, i had one decent game pre patch, only to find the spanish registration bug ruined it, still cant believe how that bug is in that is unacceptable, the spanish league being a major league and never having that kind of problems in previous versions, shouldnt they build on success of previous games?

And now every other game i have tried to play just find the shot to goals is stupid, especially when dealing with world class players with over 20 shots you are lucky to score once, and yes i do watch the match engine and they are some good chances.

I have found myself playing the new championship manager recently and can say it is not to far off football manager, so if the continued poor quality of FM continues CM will overtake them, and it will serve SI right for putting crappy little features in before getting the basics right.

things the way i see them...

half the season in real life is over.

quarter a season in fm 2008 is over. new game comes in winter. we still dont have a working game like every other year. each patch you have to start over with a new game. its tiring.. it really is. i wish next year it would be possible for si to extend their pre season testing with more community testers before releasing crap again.

lets wish lets pray....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baresi:

things the way i see them...

half the season in real life is over.

quarter a season in fm 2008 is over. new game comes in winter. we still dont have a working game like every other year. each patch you have to start over with a new game. its tiring.. it really is. i wish next year it would be possible for si to extend their pre season testing with more community testers before releasing crap again.

lets wish lets pray.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things the way I see them...

Half the season in real life is over.

I'm in 2019 on my current save.

Most people's games are working just fine, but like every other year will be improved by the 2nd patch. There is no requirement to start a whole new game once the patch is installed, they are always save game compatible meaning if you don't want to start a new game you will still get most of the benefits.

I wish next year people would just trade the game in if they don't like it instead of spouting crap again.

I apologise but I'm fed up with people complaining that their game is 'unplayable' when for most people it clearly isn't. There may be some annoying things about the game that make you not want to play it but that is completely different to it being unplayable. If you don't want to play it, by all means don't. Vote with your wallet and attempt to find a better alternative.

Archived