Defending Systems?

Hi Guys.

I been managing Hull, trying ouy many different ways to get a tactic working, using the Tactic Creator. Yet, my team is always very open to attacks, and teams like Tottenham, Aston Villa and Everton, who should beat me, seem to carve me open! So I was wondering if anyone has worked out a way to get the defence set up right? ie. Using a Limited Defender on a cover duty, alongside a Ball Playing Defender...

I'm a fan of the 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3/'The Mourinho') so I have a DMC. I'm experimenting if I can work out a system that works with both him at Anchor Man and a Ball Playing Defender on a Stopper Duty.....

Has Anyone had any Brilliant 'Defensive Systems' that they have come up with?

Thanks.:)

Don't be afraid of rigid or very rigid philosophies. You'll still do very well in attack and put together good passing moves. I've found that my defence tightened up a lot if I went rigid at home and very rigid away. Sorry if you're already doing this!

Hmmm good idea :D:thup:

Try Cleon's logic in the Sheff Utd thread.

Tricky games need slow, short passing and less width.

Conversely, an easier game suits quicker, longer passing and more width.

I'm trying this, and combining it with Rule Of One mentality settings and it seems OK so far.

What I have found is that I am tighter in defence, but it is at the expense of the amount of goals I'm scoring - that's because I don't really know what I'm doing, rather than as a consequence of the approach.

I have had good defending by pulling the two CD'S mentality all the way to the left and also their creativity sliders. The only time they come forward is for corners and some free kicks. using a DM gives some great cover and I have found that pushing his mentality slider to the far right (no, not a fascist) will make him play as a supporting midfielder, two for the price of one.

Archived