[FM10] Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save

crouchaldinho

Agreed on the reasons for my journeyman save being crap.

I certainly wouldn't put it like that. :o

I'll try it again, I know, but probably not til FM12. I might rebuild my desktop before that so I have a really good machine to run plenty of leagues on. My laptop is nice, being able to sit in front of the TV and all, but it'll never match a desktop for performance.

Yes, I suppose that's true. A really solid laptop is essential for a good journeyman. Well, for me anyway, because the pace of the game can really put me off if it takes too long to go through the day-to-day processing etc.

It was pretty excellent - looking forward to my first match back even more I have to say. Can't wait to see Vega dink a perfectly-weighted pass over the top or Loureiro burst forward from right-back to deliver a telling cross :D

That's the sort of passion that makes FM time totally worthwhile, even if it is a very guilty pleasure. :p

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, depressing. I love my old laptop but I do wish she could handle a bit more FM! :D

Time for you to upgrade Mattspurs?

Well, I have been promised a good sum of money if I pass my GCSE's, so hopefully by FM12 I can experience the pleasure of FM and TV at the same time!

Oh I finished the Verona article in the Blizzard the other day - amazing stuff! Such a shame the team got pulled apart so quickly, sounded way ahead of its time in terms of the system and mentality. Imagine the days where you could go as a mid-table Italian club and sign a player who'd just been one of the best players in the Euros as well...

Great read, let me ask you something what has made you stay with FM10

I think this post from a page back sums it up Blue_Magic:

To be honest, I'm not a fan AB.

I mean, the main reason I'm still playing 10 is just how much fun I'm still having with it and the fact that it runs well on my laptop, plus I have it all set up how I want it with customised views etc.

The things I don't really like about FM11 are really the match preparation and the agents. I just found both not well thought out, irritating and annoying. They don't add anything to my experience so it hasn't made me drop my FM10 saves to play FM11.

The thing that really annoyed me about FM11 though was that there was no real innovation or change in the core areas of the game and the areas that I love most of all. The tactics creator hasn't changed and I wanted new roles, settings and even the ability for customisation! Then there was training, which I feel needs an overhaul, and the match preparation thing just feels and looks clumsy to me; that and it contradicts other parts of the game! If FM11 had these kind of things then I would have jumped at the chance to start a new save. As it is, FM11 just felt like more guff that I didn't need (e.g. match preparation, 3D, agents etc.)!

It's also a personal choice to do with where I am in my life right now. I spend a lot of time playing FM, admittedly, but that time is becoming more restricted of late and I don't feel like I have the energy or the time to start playing around with a new FM. I'm safe and happy with FM10; I have it customised to my needs, I have foundation tactics set up, I have my training schedules done etc., and thus it is accessible and easy to get into and to enjoy a game. On top of this, my old laptop is struggling more and more with the newer games and I don't have the spare cash to replace her (yes, of course she is a woman! :p ) right now. I know she runs FM10 well enough and that'll do for now.

So that, in a very long-winded and round about way, is my take on it all. The short version is that FM11 just hasn't captured my imagination and I'm happily still playing FM10.

It's just my opinion of course and not meant to offend anyone who is enjoying the new game. :)

That will probably answer your question in more words than you no doubt required! :p

Oh I finished the Verona article in the Blizzard the other day - amazing stuff! Such a shame the team got pulled apart so quickly, sounded way ahead of its time in terms of the system and mentality. Imagine the days where you could go as a mid-table Italian club and sign a player who'd just been one of the best players in the Euros as well...

Great article. I really enjoyed it. :thup:

And yes, it's strange how things have changed, even since the 90s when I used to love watching Football Italia. All of those great players moving to Italy and now.... well.... things have certainly changed and we could probably talk of a decline. Yet, Italian football still has great clubs and players, of course.

Somehow I managed to miss page 6, think I'm just getting old or blind! Agents are my only gripe with FM11 but I am struggling with getting a save going, just can't figure what leagues to load. I read about your opportunity to move to lazio, I felt you should have took it.

Crouchy how do you manage to play 2 saves? Got to tell me your secret.

No secret. I just alternated between them when I felt like it.

I started this one on 10.1. Then when 10.3 came out, I started my Saints save. Mainly played that and then came back to this one on the odd occasion that I fancied it really.

Interesting read this, have just read the last couple of pages. Very glad you didn't follow the euro-sign to Lazio, but a bit sad to see you are probably abandoning the save. Understandable if it's slow to progress though. I've certainly been in those situations.

Agree with you FM11 wasn't quite as I had hoped. They mean well but it didn't turn out as well this time around for some reason. Too many new features perhaps, and too little focus on the central aspects of the game I hoped would be improved. Training did get a little look-in, but not in the way I hoped (and suggested). But maybe for FM12. Same with scouting. It's the one area of the game I feel needs urgent attention. Nothing has been done for seemingly forever and it needs a proper overhaul. The tactics creator in FM10 was a Godsend for muppets like myself incapable of understanding tactics. If they can do something like that for training and scouting it'd be great. And I know there are very good ideas floating around. They just need to get some heads to implement them.

Anyway, glad to see somebody else are playing FM10 too :) After not playing for months on end I just started a new one, coincidentally loading all of England, Spain and Italy, with the Level 8 addition for England. Already a little worried it will hog down, but I'm giving it a go. Just couldn't get back into my Trafford save. Everything is there and I'm just waiting around for a proper stadium. But who knows,maybe I'll give it a go at some point. I'm just as you in preferring one-club saves. Just can't get into another club once I've spent years with in one. Unless I'm fired I'm not moving. Have tried to make the switch a few times, but it never ends well.

Good luck to whatever you are up to now, if you did indeed scrap this save.

This has probably been asked before, but how do you get three columns in the match screen? Goalscorers, stats and ratings. Which skin is it? Wouldn't mind trying out that thing myself.

The thing to do would be to ask Dafuge. I honestly can't remember how I did it now but Dafuge sent me in the right direction.

I think it's just a simple download that you stick in your graphics to add an extra column. Not sure if there is one for FM11 but it definitely works for FM10.

It could be Michael Murray from the skinning forum who came up with it but I can't be sure.

Plus St. Albans in FM11 are in a right state with a -10 point penalty.

I honestly have thought of starting a save to rescue the Saints from their -10 point penalty but, to be honest, I find it so depressing in real life that I don't have the desire to play it out on FM. :(

I honestly have thought of starting a save to rescue the Saints from their -10 point penalty but, to be honest, I find it so depressing in real life that I don't have the desire to play it out on FM. :(

It would be a great challenge!

Real life sucks :(

The thing to do would be to ask Dafuge. I honestly can't remember how I did it now but Dafuge sent me in the right direction.

I think it's just a simple download that you stick in your graphics to add an extra column. Not sure if there is one for FM11 but it definitely works for FM10.

It could be Michael Murray from the skinning forum who came up with it but I can't be sure.

Thankfully I found it in the end. It was indeed Michael Murray who created it, and it was just a simple download who should fit with practically all skins. Great file. I don't use the split screen myself (watch them in 3D), but it's nice for taking screenshots of match results.

I also have to thank you for a splendid idea with making customized squad selection screens. I saw it somewhere in one of your screenshots. Hadn't thought about doing that, and it's a huge help to see especially their fitness level so I can give them matches when it falls a bit low. Kudos :thup:

So you're unhooking the needle for a bit and living? Preposterous! :D

Real life sucks :(

Yes, it certainly does at the moment for Saints fans.

I can understand that. You should still try it. :) I took your advice in the pm you sent and started a save with Bromley and I have all leagues in England loaded down to level 8 using uncle ron's file

Ah, brilliant. Good luck Blue_magic. I recommend this book as a good read - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bromley-Boys-Supporting-Football-Britain/dp/1906032246/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301675953&sr=8-1

Thankfully I found it in the end. It was indeed Michael Murray who created it, and it was just a simple download who should fit with practically all skins. Great file. I don't use the split screen myself (watch them in 3D), but it's nice for taking screenshots of match results.

Yes, that's what I use it for. :thup:

I also have to thank you for a splendid idea with making customized squad selection screens. I saw it somewhere in one of your screenshots. Hadn't thought about doing that, and it's a huge help to see especially their fitness level so I can give them matches when it falls a bit low.

Yes, I couldn't live without my customised screens. That's half the reason I've not made it to FM11, as I set up a lot of screens and don't want to have to do it again!

I also recommend checking out Surferosa's squad management modifications. They are great. I constantly wonder why SI don't check things like this out and implement them as default screens.

A link to Suferosa's thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238119-Squad-Management-%28An-Easier-Way%29-FM11

He also has an FM10 version on there. And all of the original screens are still available.

So you're unhooking the needle for a bit and living? Preposterous!

Well, sort of. I still think about it a bit too much. I'm trying my best to get on with some work but FM is a terrible distraction! :D

Yes, I couldn't live without my customised screens. That's half the reason I've not made it to FM11, as I set up a lot of screens and don't want to have to do it again!

I also recommend checking out Surferosa's squad management modifications. They are great. I constantly wonder why SI don't check things like this out and implement them as default screens.

A link to Suferosa's thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238119-Squad-Management-%28An-Easier-Way%29-FM11

He also has an FM10 version on there. And all of the original screens are still available.

Heh, I have already done that actually. So now I have them the way I like it. It was way too annoying that my custom squad panel kept resetting to the default so I made the default my custom one. Probably exactly the way he did it, except mine are somewhat different. So I'll use mine instead of those. Looks like there are a lot of extra stuff I probably don't need, or perhaps want.

Well, sort of. I still think about it a bit too much. I'm trying my best to get on with some work but FM is a terrible distraction! :D

Ugh. Tell me about it. I have a huge thesis to write, but FM is now taking up way too much of my time :( From tomorrow I will have to take a break from playing, unfortunately. Just now when I have gotten into it too. SI should put warning labels on the box, like they do on cigarette packages.

might have to purchase that book crouch. I have been thinking of customising my view what do you suggest adding?

Suferosa's, as above. :thup:

Heh, I have already done that actually. So now I have them the way I like it. It was way too annoying that my custom squad panel kept resetting to the default so I made the default my custom one. Probably exactly the way he did it, except mine are somewhat different. So I'll use mine instead of those. Looks like there are a lot of extra stuff I probably don't need, or perhaps want.

I added some of my own stuff as well.

Suferosa's stuff is really good. I like the 'opposition scout' panel and the captains/set-pieces one, in particular.

Ugh. Tell me about it. I have a huge thesis to write, but FM is now taking up way too much of my time :(

Snap!

From tomorrow I will have to take a break from playing, unfortunately. Just now when I have gotten into it too. SI should put warning labels on the box, like they do on cigarette packages.

I agree. I'm definitely way too addicted to FM.

Archived