Quick question about how the game fills an empty team

Wee Lad

Hello (and happy Thanksgiving to any fellow Yanks)

With the editor, I took a really small English club (Wivenhoe) and placed them in the BSP, I also cleared the entire team (including management)

The game automatically fills the empty team with players. I'm just curious, is there any particular way it does this? Are the players that show up already existing players, or does it generate players and playing history on the spot?

I've got a squad of about 30 players (all rubbish), so I'm assuming maybe it generates a few ones (youth players, for instance) and takes unattached players and places them in your team with contracts and all?

Cheers.

Hmm, okay. Some of the players that were added don't have pictures (not generated ones, at least, just blank portraits) and have extensive playing histories. Some players have been without a club for 3-4 years.

Scoham, thanks for the reply.. I did untick that and got not only a handful of youth players, but a bunch of players in their 20s and even some senior players in their mid 30s. I did, however, start with no staff :)

I wanted to pick the team by hand (in game rather than in the editor) and was merely wondering if anyone knew of a certain system on how it chose players (whether it be newgens or picked to match your club's reputation).

Cheers.

the game creates completly new players. I had the same problem, although in a couuple of my edited DB's it does make life easier.

Anyway i believe 90% of these players have a CA of 1 and are not any good to anyone except to local bin men. Id release them all myself and build a new team of players i could afford.

if you did this with say man utd would all the regen players be of man utd squad quality or at least good enough to play in that league. would be stupid to have a man utd team of all CA 1 players. Surely league and club reputation or rating must be a factor in the quality of the players

Archived