Twelve Titans Database

El_Ricardo

Around a year ago, I started this thread. It attracted a fair amount of notice, and in the end we got a full draft going on in real time via Hamachi. Unfortunately, FM 08 declined to initiate the online gamimg aspect for the database. With the new competition editor, I'm keen to give this another shot so long as online gaming works, and of course, I get interest.

CURRENT ENTRANTS:

1. El Ricardo (Arcadian Bohemic)

2. SteveRobbo (Stevonia Spartans)

3. tiraths (Bling Singhs)

4. tomo_whufc (Beleski Irons)

5. wardog (Tweedbank Thistle)

6. Sheep UK (The Wazenga Boys)

Because we can now limit squad sizes of our own competitions, I think I may well just make every player of a certain current ability/potential as unattatched and just allow a free for all for whatever players the gamers wish to have. It definitely beats having the draft, which got very convoluted.

Does anybody know if heavily edited databases work with online games?

Because we can now limit squad sizes of our own competitions, I think I may well just make every player of a certain current ability/potential as unattatched and just allow a free for all for whatever players the gamers wish to have. It definitely beats having the draft, which got very convoluted.

Does anybody know if heavily edited databases work with online games?

yh i had a really big network game with edited database on FM09. Worked really well and no major problems. Everyone just had to download the databse

Id be interested in joining, anything I need to give you now?

Yeah, if people could sign up by way of creating an individualised team, we'll do that.

CLUB NAME/CLUB NICKNAME:

The proposed name of your actual club! You can name it pretty much what you wish within the obvious confines of taste. In other words, just don't take the ****.

CITY NAME:

The fictional city your team will represent. Again as with the club name, don't **** take! Keep it decent!

CLIMATE:

The climate of said city, as well as the relative place on Earth it would be if it were real (for purposes of editing the longitude/latitude/altitude). Don't worry, you needn't be exact, just a rough idea will do.

CLUB COLOURS (Home/Away):

The colours of your two (or three, if you want) kits, as well as the the kind of shirt design you'd like for each. You can also design a customised kit/badge for use in the game if you like, though it isn't necessary.

STADIUM:

Self explanatory. Name your stadium, as well as any other requirements you may desire (size of pitch/synthetic pitch, maybe? Retractable roof?). You can also choose a capacity between 50,000-100,000.

Mine:

CLUB NAME: Arcadian Bohemic

CITY NAME: Arcady

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: Mediterranean (located relative to the Greek islands).

COLOURS: Home - Red and black diagonal shirt/black short. Away - Purple and yellow diagonal shirt/yellow shorts.

STADIUM: Arcady Arena - 75,000.

CLUB NAME: Stevonia Spartans

CITY NAME: Stevonia

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: Mediterranean (located relative to the Greek islands).

COLOURS: Home - Red and Black striped shirt/black short. Away - White shirt with Black diagonal stripe/White shorts.

STADIUM: Stevonia Stadium - 100,000.

CLUB NAME: Bling Singhs

CITY NAME: Bling Singhdom

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: Hot (located relative to India).

COLOURS: Home - Purple (same as fiorentina kit). Away - White shirt with Yellow Sleeves/White shorts.

STADIUM: Singhdom Street - 95,000.

What are people's preferences with regards to the wage budget of each team? Obviously I don't want to make it too easy to sign Kaka, Messi, Rooney etc. in the same side - if people are doing this, they must be prepared to pay top dollar wages!

What about the cut off point for CA? I'm thinking it should be 150. All PA of young players that are -8 and -9 will be released too. A provisional limit to squad size will be 26, I think. How you fill it will be up to you in game.

What are people's preferences with regards to the wage budget of each team? Obviously I don't want to make it too easy to sign Kaka, Messi, Rooney etc. in the same side - if people are doing this, they must be prepared to pay top dollar wages!

What about the cut off point for CA? I'm thinking it should be 150. All PA of young players that are -8 and -9 will be released too. A provisional limit to squad size will be 26, I think. How you fill it will be up to you in game.

i think only release -9 players. -8 would be a waste of your time

And 150 should be fine aswell

Would 1.75M wage budget be ok?

CLUB NAME: Tweedbank Thistle

CITY NAME: Tweedbank

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: Scottish Lowlands/Next to Galashiels(scotland)

COLOURS: Home - Dark blue backing, Red left stripe White right stripe(both in the middle). Dark Blue socks. Away - Red with single Dark blue stripe on right hand side. Red socks. Shorts White on both. Home keeper - all black except shorts and shocks which are same as home top. Awaykeeper - Yellow top plain, shorts and socks same as outfield.

STADIUM: Lowood Park - 75,000

I've limited it to twelve because of the online aspect. Any more would be pushing it a bit. I want to be able to get through a season fairly quickly as well.

yh fair point

The transfer window will be quite long but definitely enjoyable, I just hope people stick around during the actual season.

CLUB NAME/Nick Name: The Wazenga Boys / Wegae Wegae

CITY NAME: Port Astran

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: hot, humid (just south of jamaica).

COLOURS: Home - Solid Black kit with yellow numbers and socks. Away - Orange (just like the Netherlands). GK always in blue

STADIUM: Stan - 69,000. (yes just Stan)

I will be very interested with playing with you :) hope this all goes well also i want to be El_Ricardo's rival as i'm from Grimsby and hes from Hull...

It wont take very long at all... two hours tops. I've to finish off the new update for the World League before that as well.

How are you going to release all the players above 150 CA ? I assume just manually. Is there even a "free all players" option in the new editor?

I'll do it team by team. For example, I go to Man Utd, select the players involved and release them all from their contract in one go. Then on to the next team.

Bet its boring :p Im doing a similar thing making a new databsae, took ages releasing all the players etc

I've set over 200 individual referees to be the same nationality, and had to edit hundreds of players contracts so that they all end up in the senior sides instead of B teams. In comparison, this is a walk in the park.

wow :p

Its pretty simple just long isn't it

COME ON GUYS JOIN!

Iv got some people to join from another forum, their details:

CLUB NAME: Jellytown Wobblers (if not allowed then Ronaseal's Tigers)

CITY NAME: Slough

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: About the same as in england near manchester.

COLOURS: Home - Pink (same as Palermo) Away - Yellow (like cambridges)

STADIUM: Megan Fox Stadium - 100,000 Medium sized pitch

CLUB NAME : Blyth United

CITY NAME : Blyth

CLIMATE : Same as Newcastle

COLOURS : Home same as Celtic Away : Same as Cambridge

STADIUM : Ridley Park : 50,000 mediam pitch size

CLUB NAME: Prada FC

CITY NAME: Zagreb

CLIMATE/CO-ORDINATES: About the same as in spain near Barcelona

COLOURS: Home -Yellow (same as Barcelona) Away - red (like AC Milan)

STADIUM: ZOO - 100,000 Medium sized pitch

PM me any details which I need to give them later on mate

ricardo has started his super league again from scratch so that is probably taking all of his time. I think this will happen though. just a matter of when

yh hopefully after the new year, ill have much more time personally (mite do the DB myself :p)

I was one of the original guys over on SUSIE and was pretty gutted it didn't work when we tried. So..:

CLUB NAME: Deeprock Devilfish

CITY NAME: Deeprock

CLIMATE: Northern England

CLUB COLOURS: Home: Red and white stripes, black trip, shorts, socks and shirt numbers

Away: Double Horizontal Stripe (Centre) (that's from the editor...), Forground: Red, Background: Black, Outline: White, red shorts and socks, white shirt numbers.

STADIUM: Deeprock Dome (80,000 seater, Undersoil Heating, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived