Editing Competition Names

johhny_x_2

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but i didn't find anything, in a forum search.

I've edited certain competition names in FM 2010 editor, same way as I did in previous FM versions. Question is, 3 of them seem to have a problem when editing them. They are:

World Cup to: FIFA World Cup (Long Name)

Confederations Cup to: FIFA Confederations Cup (Long Name);

European Football Championship to: UEFA Euro (Long Name);

The problem is after loading the game, on those competitions, in their main screen, they only show the short name instead of the long one (World Cup, Confederations Cup, Euro), but when i right click on them I see the long name. Is this a (minor) bug or is it related to legal issues (trade marks)?

Thanks

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but i didn't find anything, in a forum search.

I've edited certain competition names in FM 2010 editor, same way as I did in previous FM versions. Question is, 3 of them seem to have a problem when editing them. They are:

World Cup to: FIFA World Cup (Long Name)

Confederations Cup to: FIFA Confederations Cup (Long Name);

European Football Championship to: UEFA Euro (Long Name);

The problem is after loading the game, on those competitions, in their main screen, they only show the short name instead of the long one (World Cup, Confederations Cup, Euro), but when i right click on them I see the long name. Is this a (minor) bug or is it related to legal issues (trade marks)?

Thanks

ye it aint a bug, it'l be because you've still got the short names set as world cup, Euro cup etc.

ye it aint a bug, it'l be because you've still got the short names set as world cup, Euro cup etc.

But I want the short name to be "World Cup"! Problem is, when I edit the long name to "FIFA World Cup", the result on the competition screen is "World Cup" instead of "FIFA World Cup"... And when I right-click the competition name I see "FIFA World Cup".

With "UEFA Champions League" and "Champions League" it works perfectly!

Not a big problem, but I like to keep the football environment as realistic as possible...

Archived