4-1-3-2 no wingers

After seasons of testing formations and tactics with man utd i have come up with this.Completed 1 full season and won prem and lost in champions league 1/4 final against real madrid.I play no wingers so playing narrow which seems to be the best way for me in this game,the full backs are set to attack so the width comes from them.Below is a picture of the tactic layout and the prem table after 1 season which i think is good considering how hard this game is.

gk akinfeev/foster sweeper keeper defend

dr rafinha/brown attack

dl evra/bale attack

dc vidic/evans defend+stopper

dc ferdinand/o'shea defen+cover

dmc veloso/hargreaves defend

mc fletcher/rodwell support

mc anderson/collison attack

mc carrick/noble support

sc rooney/dzeko attack trequartista

sc berbatov/hulk attack advanced forward

note rafinha,bale,dzeko are new signings for this season,last seasons succesfull squad had rafael,owen and fabio in there respetable positions.

The tactic could do with some fine tuning but not to sure what more myself can do.

Results against the big teams in prem

man city home won 2-1

arsenal home won 4-1

chelsea away lost 2-1

liverpool home won 3-0

man city away won 3-0

arsenal away won 2-1

liverpool away drew 3-3

chelsea home drew 0-0

Pretty good i think against the big teams picking up 20 points from a possible 24 and scoring 19 and conceding 7.My 2 prem defeats came to chelsea as shown above and tottenham away 1-0.

tactic.jpg

finaltablein1stseason.jpg

here is the link for the tactic download http://www.filefront.com/14967671/red%20devil%20version1.0%20%28Man%20Utd%2C%20Jul%202010%29.tac

oppositon instructions i use are as follows

gk close down always and show weaker foot

all mid player close down always and show weaker foot

all am players close down always ,tackle hard,show weaker foot and tight mark always

strikers close down always and show weaker foot.

Team tals at k.o nothing

half time if winning 1-0 encourage or nothing depend how i feel and how team are doing

half time if winning more than 1-0 nothing

half time loosing for the fans

I am to using this formation ( using West Ham) and its working brilliant both using the width in attack and denying space in defence

took ages to get a tactic working this well,do you think my strikers are setup good enough,scoring loads of goals would like more from my strikers though,but i suppose you cant be to greedy,dont want to change the balence to much though cos goals coming from all areas of mid and attack

Despite losing 3-1 away to Everton I had double the shots on goal. I think it's a good tactic but the game cheated as usual, Everton had 5 shots on goal and I had 10, so how can I lose 3-1? I have Leigh Griffiths and Artem Milevskyi up front, hardly poor strikers are they? Will continue with this tactic and see how I do.

Ok, This tactics worked extremely well for my Notts Co team in league 1 in the second season.

I was 12th in the league when I started using this tactics and didn't concede in the first 7 or 8 games winning 1-0,2-0 or 3-0 every match. Until I lost 4-1 away to Stoke (PRM) in the FA cup ,and I lost a league game abit later. I'm now 2nd in the league 3 points behind Brighton.

So about 13-0-2 in the games I played using this tactics and conceded about 5-6 goals in those games (not including the Stoke game).

This so far is the best tactic ive used for my side.

Im Cardiff City ( and its now 2020) ive used every kind of tactic - 442/424/433 etc etc and some work for a short time and most dont.

However this tactic is great for that Championship side and its also arrested the one thing that was doing my nut in - giving away loads of goals. I had good defenders and keeper yet one season i let in 97 goals ( you can imagine that i was relegated).

This tactics ace - nice one

Archived