Aha ! Here comes another Avram Grant !!! FM 09 suggestion

Yeah, he's led a team to third place, one domestic cup final, still in the FA Cup and Champions League, quite clearly the worst manager ever. The typical OTF comment would be "You do know football existed before 1992", but I think "You know football existed before 5 years ago" would be more appropriate for this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wrighty07:

No thats exactly what I meant.

How many Brazilian football fans will have heard of Mourinho against one of those when he was appointed?

Point proven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as Porto had a few Brazilians in their team I reckon they might have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

Not to stick up for Man U too much (I'm a villa fan), but there's a crucial difference between their spending and Chelsea's in that Man U, before the Glaziers, didn't accrue their wealth overnight. Their spending was made possible by revenue, a world-wide fanbase, and sound business management. They didn't just become mega-wealthy overnight thanks to a slightly shady Russian oligarch taking control.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You for posting what was going to. The only thing I would question from what you have said is slightly shady Russian - The man is in the Mafiosi!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coopvalho:

Alright then...let's try putting this another way. Who here on these forums who is a Manchester United fan was cheering for the club back in the black and white TV days when they earned their money?

Anyone? Or did you start liking United when they were the best team in England? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I'm still only young, I have not seen many times when Manchester United went without silverware. But my dad was a fan for all the years without a sniff of the League, an odd F.A. Cup, relegation even. My grandfather was a fan even before that. I know a lot of supporters who are in exactly the same position. So for you, or anyone else, to try to say all United fans are 'gloryhunters', blow it out your arse.

• 2 weeks later...

Again Grant got it wrong, had no idea what to do when Barnsley scored. Had no idea what do do before Barnsley scored truth be told.

I suspect we'll keep him 'til the end of the season, but we really need someone new in next year, preferably Guus Hiddink. Fantastic coach, and is widely known to have got the Russia job due to his links with Abramovich, hopefully ensuring no Jose-style fallouts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KnightedManager:

So for you, or anyone else, to try to say all United fans are 'gloryhunters', blow it out your arse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally Ive never said all Utd fans are gloryboys. Just the large majority are armchair supporters, who by donning a replica shirt and having a sky sports subscription think they are a real fan.

This basically applies to the top 4 teams in the EPL.

Guest L.Anawak

Back to the topic. I would love to see a kind of "random factor" when applying as total unknown manager at high profile jobs. Every now and then it should be possible that such a club accepts your bid and appoint you as the new manager. Especially with the new setting since 8.0.2 that makes it nearly impossible to gain good jobs as unemployed unknown manager. That would be really a nice turn and could be funny (how about 1 attempt out of 20?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.Anawak:

Back to the topic. I would love to see a kind of "random factor" when applying as total unknown manager at high profile jobs. Every now and then it should be possible that such a club accepts your bid and appoint you as the new manager. Especially with the new setting since 8.0.2 that makes it nearly impossible to gain good jobs as unemployed unknown manager. That would be really a nice turn and could be funny (how about 1 attempt out of 20?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game is becoming more and more predictable, since SI has been affected with the "realistic" bug.. So i do not know if your idea sounds feasible for them...

Archived