Team-talks still suck??

I say this cos in my last FM 09 game (with Lyon, managing four seasons winning almost always the league and some cups) after I already had a high reputation in France (managed the national team too) team talks reactions still the same, you went to the ass man and he would say that "no one was listening" or he noted no reactions, so...after I got some good place, when players respected me, why they seem not to pay attention?, are they almost useless?

In FM 2010 Im at Barcelona and the results are the same, but I can understand thats why I just arrived there...but thats why I put Lyon example here.

I agree with the 1st comment the team talks are dry and pretty rubbish in feed back section.....it almost like they shud get rid of the team talk feed back, its not like u can fine the player when his reaction is "didnt seem to happy"

"Didn't seem to be listening" apparently means you've been repeating the same team talks too frequently and the player(s) are ignoring it.

u have no choice but to repeat the same things as there isn't enough team talks to choose from.

i dont know if it makes any difference to be honest when they dont seem to be listening because as soon as you say something that they dont like they're well able to hear it!

Someone once said, team talks can be left to NONE most of the time.

Then when you actually use one, it works wonders.

Less is more.

You should really only talk to 2-3 players at most.

Only do a massive team talk if u are trying to inspire.

Thanks for that. I always just get the assistant to set them. I'll leave them off until needed now. :thup:

Someone once said, team talks can be left to NONE most of the time.

Then when you actually use one, it works wonders.

Less is more.

You should really only talk to 2-3 players at most.

Only do a massive team talk if u are trying to inspire.

does this actually work??

if you keep saying nothing in team talks some players will 'feel you arent giving the team enough credit'

Absolutely NOT - if you leave them blank then the players get ROYALY upset after the end of the match. I left 2 end of match team talks blank and half my squad was unhappy with 'doesnt think the manager gives the team enough credit'

Thats the worst advice ive ever heard.

Absolutely NOT - if you leave them blank then the players get ROYALY upset after the end of the match. I left 2 end of match team talks blank and half my squad was unhappy with 'doesnt think the manager gives the team enough credit'

Thats the worst advice ive ever heard.

Depending on your result, if you're winning 3-0 and doesn't give any credit ofc they'll upset...

Exactly - but marek is advocating leaving them blank MOST of the time - which is patently wrong.

(PS I left them blank because I got 'trigger' happy on the continue button and continued right past the team talk window and couldnt find a way of going bac)

Archived