Patch not working?

I downloaded the patch from SI Website (the mirror) and when the file finished downloading it had a non recognised extension.

I renamed it to "exe" to see what it would do, and it became the FM Patch.

I double clicked on it and it executed fine and installed patch.

No viruses or anything, there is just something iffy going on with the download.

I totally understand what the OP has done and managed to re-create it.

For whats its worth, I went this same route. I have yet to get my game so I figured I would get the patch. I downloaded from the same site as the OP and the way he listed is the way the file was downloaded. I changed the extension to exe as well and it changed into the FM10 logo. So for some reason, the file did have to be changed to the exe format. Dont know if this helps the issue but it is out there like that

I downloaded the patch from SI Website (the mirror) and when the file finished downloading it had a non recognised extension.

I renamed it to "exe" to see what it would do, and it became the FM Patch.

I double clicked on it and it executed fine and installed patch.

No viruses or anything, there is just something iffy going on with the download.

I totally understand what the OP has done and managed to re-create it.

ok so i just did that the same thing happened again

Add 1 to downloading the file only for it to be present in my downloads as filename[1] not as filename.exe

I downloaded from another mirror and now I have the correct file.

So hurry up mr postie and bring me my DVD, so I can install and patch :D

I have had a similar problem. However, after extracting it ran the patch update. I clicked "Finish" once it had confirmed that however many files had been updated, but when I go to start a new game I am informed that I am playing version 10.0.0.

I have looked in the FM2010 folder to see that there is now a folder called 1010 in the updates section, which appears to contain what I can only assume is files as a result of the "update".

I downloaded from the http://www.footballmanager.net/index.php?p=patches link, and am playing with the disk in the drive.

I have reset my system since the update.

i have had exactly the same problem as this.. did you fix it at all, and if so, how?!

does anybody else have any ideas??

Archived