Changing the footer bar to match the team colours

JasemateUK73

I've managed to change the footer bar colour to match the team colours on the title bar but I can't seem to change the font colour on the footer bar to match the teams forground colour. It's only displaying the black default font colour. I know I need to add some code in the footer panel under the breadcrumb section but I don't know what as I've tried everything!

Can someone please help me? Maybe Radestock or Michael (who are the skinning experts) if they're around.

Thanks.

Ok I think I know what is wrong is that my graphics were white which makes it impossible for the game to change the colours.

New codes are as I said above 'tbcl' for background colour and 'ttcl' for foreground colours. Jason: If you use the commands in the thread Michael have linked to and change 'fcol' to 'ttcl' you will be fine.

Hi lads,

Thanks to michael, rade and veg for your help so far but I'm still having trouble knowing where the code goes for the forground colour (ttcl) in the footer.xml panel.

As you can see from the screenie, I've outlined in red where I've put the background colour code (tbcl) and this works perfectly.

footervu.jpg

I've tried adding the following bit of code to a number of places within the footer.xml panel but it still ain't working.

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>

I thought it might need to go somewhere in here:

<!-- Breadcrumbs -->

<container id="crum">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="10"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<attachment class="line_up_attachment" get_property="bcmb" submenu_type="bcrm"/>

<!-- Arrange the children widgets from left to right, horizontally centrered -->

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left"/>

</container>

I thought this because the offset="10" moves the text on the footer bar from the left into the middle.

Or is it that maybe the forground colour code is in the footer quicklinks.xml panel instead?

So basically, what I need to know is:

1. Is the code I am entering correct.

2. Where is the correct place to enter this code.

Sorry to be a pain with this but it's so close to being sorted.

Thanks.

Yep, this bit:

<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text" size="7" colour="footer"/>

Which should be:

<widget class="text_button" id="bcil" auto_size="horizontal" spec="text" size="7">
   <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>

• 2 weeks later...
Hi lads,

Thanks to michael, rade and veg for your help so far but I'm still having trouble knowing where the code goes for the forground colour (ttcl) in the footer.xml panel.

As you can see from the screenie, I've outlined in red where I've put the background colour code (tbcl) and this works perfectly.

footervu.jpg

I've used this line of code but my footer doesn't change the background colour. Is there anyone that could help me to make it work? Thanks

Hi lads,

footervu.jpg

I've used this line of code but my footer doesn't change the background colour. Is there anyone that could help me to make it work? Thanks

• 11 months later...

As this code changed again? I've tried adding it to a Skin with the FM11 Demo but it's not working, it just keeps going white.

<!-- coloured bar image -->
<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18" rthr="68">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->
<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr"/>
</widget>

The code works for me, the footer graphic code is disabled by default so have you made sure you have uncommented out the code for the graphic, you may also need to replace the default interface/footer/bar graphics with solid graphics to get the right shade.

Ah, i needed to change the footer bar graphics. Thanks. :thup:

Archived