Football Manager 2010 & Windows 7

In his defence, mounting an image and making backups is not only done for piracy purposes. He might be playing on a laptop that doesn't have a DVD drive, or the drive is broken, or he likes to look after his discs.

It's a long shot, but there are legitimate reasons for doing it. Even if it breaks those draconian and arse-backwards EULA's.

EDIT: Just read him admitting it :p So not in his defence, but still - the rest of the post is valid.

can someone help me?

Where have you placed the save game directory?? ...Vista/Win7 doesn't like you changing things in the Program Files directory on your C-drive. So if it is set to try and save there, that might be the reason.

The only other reasons I can think of, are that it might be pointing to an unexisting drive, or to a folder that is in Read-Only mode.

Where have you placed the save game directory?? ...Vista/Win7 doesn't like you changing things in the Program Files directory on your C-drive. So if it is set to try and save there, that might be the reason.

The only other reasons I can think of, are that it might be pointing to an unexisting drive, or to a folder that is in Read-Only mode.

thanks for your atention but i've resolved the problem at some hours ago.

• 2 months later...
I have absolutely the same problem as Jamie5jw... I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, and when I mount the dvd the autorun doesn't work, I managed to install the game , but when I try to start it it says "The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have directx 11, can this be the problem ? the game was working perfectly fine on windows xp, but since I installed windows 7 half of my programs and games don't work...crap.

I get the same thing ie DirectX 11 Win 7 64 bit, but Enterprise edition AND ALL SOFTWARE LEGAL. Worked fine on XP and Vista.

All win updates installed. Any ideas, all I see are links to update DirectX 9. Stuck.

I tried Steam first and that crashed out after about 25%. Uninstalled cleanly on the report.

Only the second problem I've ever had with Champ / FM and I've still got the boxed first game! :^) ... First PC game that I ever bought actually!

Archived