How to use editor on fm09

joe11anfield

Follow this path for Vista:

Start menu - computer - C:- program files - steam - steam apps - common - fm09 - tools - data editor - data editor.

No idea why on Earth SI have it hidden so far away, but they like to frustrate us don't they?

Remember though it is a pre game editor and you cannot use it once you have started your game. If you want to change things once a game has started you will need a real time editor like FMRTE.

Ermm what do you do. Everyone is raviin on about it but i dont get wats so good.
You can change attributes and such to make your team better. You can give them more money, more fans, a bigger stadium. So forth.

Pretty much what SCIAG has said but more so to update transfers, Think of Man Citys current situation, you can go into the editor and arrange transfer dates for all the players they have bought so far,

So you can say Lescott will join Everton on 25th of Auguest 2009 for £22million

Adebayor ...

Toure...

and then think of the effect on the game if I arrange all the transfers that Real Madrid have been doing this summer ronaldo £80million, kaka et al

This will update the teams and also give other teams more cash to spend creates an interesting chain reaction. I always use the editor to update transfers throughout the season!

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty much what SCIAG has said but more so to update transfers, Think of Man Citys current situation, you can go into the editor and arrange transfer dates for all the players they have bought so far,

So you can say Lescott will join Everton on 25th of Auguest 2009 for £22million

Adebayor ...

Toure...

and then think of the effect on the game if I arrange all the transfers that Real Madrid have been doing this summer ronaldo £80million, kaka et al

This will update the teams and also give other teams more cash to spend creates an interesting chain reaction. I always use the editor to update transfers throughout the season!

Once i have accesed the editor what do i then do to actually edit

To be honest, just because everyone says its fun doesnt mean you should do it.

With the editor by all means give it a go, give it a proper go but some people are just not the type of person who enjoyes it. I personally buy the game 80% for the editor and 20% for the game. I used to do this with the Tiger Woods EA Sports golf series, after a while I only played the game to test the courses I made!

Some people use the editor to give their team a little boost, which is fine if thats what you want. Personally its not for me, I use it to create whole projects, looking to acheive a balance between realism and difficulty to get a database which I would be proud to share with others.

Each to their own...

Archived