make strikers pass!

hi. i am currently playing fm07. how do i get my strikers to pass to the free man instead of shooting by himself all the time? it will always be an easy tap in for the pass but his way they usually miss.

please help!

how do i do it?

thanks.

its really peeing me off! the opposition can do it but i cant! how please?

He needs to have players close to him to pass to so make sure that the striker's mentality setting is not too high ( like 18 ) and the players closest to him are 12-14. Check also his long shots instruction is not set to often and also check his decisions attribute as this controls whether he takes the right options in situations.

so i can't enforce them to pass for open goals? how come the opposition always do it though? they are close enough and onside enough and non-longshot enough for them to pass for an easy tap in loads but they wont.

the computer will do it all the time though :-(. kinda sucks for a management game you can't ask your players to do one simple thing!

Off the top of my head but IIRC up their passing, and TTB levels (often and fairly direct on 07 had strikers pinging balls for each other in behind the line regularly)

Also don't set cross ball to rarely.

As I said pure memory so could be nonsense.

whats ttb? thanks for replying but i dont mean pinging long balls, i mean when they are one on one at goal and i have a player onside backing up they never pass to him.

how can i encourage them to pass to him? the opposition always do it but my strikers don't.

it doesn't take a great amazing player to do it. surely there must be a way of telling them to pass more for an easy tap in?

I havent seen this option on fm09 either? am i missing something?

whats ttb? thanks for replying but i dont mean pinging long balls, i mean when they are one on one at goal and i have a player onside backing up they never pass to him.

how can i encourage them to pass to him? the opposition always do it but my strikers don't.

it doesn't take a great amazing player to do it. surely there must be a way of telling them to pass more for an easy tap in?

I havent seen this option on fm09 either? am i missing something?

To be honest I've never seen a goal like that in FM if you mean a side pass to an open striker with the keeper stranded (not to say it doesn't happen)

Cross ball maybe?

ttb = try through balls

try it and see!

ive had my striker have over 20 assists a season. even if hes the only striker, how many times have you screamed at your striker to put someone in or to cross the ball and they dont? if you set cross ball and ttb to often then every chance they get they will try it even if its only once a game which is likely as they are most often the furthest forward! but when theyre not....!

thanks it actually works! thank you foofighter! keep foofighting! unfortunately the idiat strikers will be trying crazy through balls that there just not capable of loads now lol. but at least they pass when through on goal! thank you thank you thank you

Archived