Terrible losses

what do you do when you're losing a number of games with no real reason to think its a tactical error? i'm either consistently losing with stupid wonder goals from the other team or just ridiculous mistakes? nothin really showing any tactical mistakes. now you might think maybe my team is just not good enough but since im playing with liverpool they should be adequate really. is this just a rough patch or should i change something?

well according to my tactics im closing down al the players that are taking these shots. now for example if its paul scholes who did like before, no problem. but after the last message i just started a match against newcastle, reina takes a freekick out of his area, kicks it straight to guthrie, cant get back on time and guthrie scores from 50 yards. and thats just an example of the number of things that have happened. im completely clueless as to what to do then. cant tell reina not to kick it to the opposition can you?

and noones morale is lower than good and fitness levels are high. i completely out of ideas...

haha good idea, but i doubt it will also solve the problem that a world class striker like torres couldnt keep the ball if his life depended on it, alonso cant pass if he had a gun to his head and gerrard shoots from distance like theres no tomorrow even though he has his shots on mixed and his creative freedom relatively low.

I'm in this kind of form at the moment. Managing Rotherham (not exactly the same level, I know) and on paper I would say we have the best team in the league. But I can barely buy a result. Even when we do win, we scrape it. I never ever see my team dominate games. In fact, we always get dominated, home or away. Clearly I'm doing something wrong tactically, but I have no idea what. I'm heading for the sack.

It's all very exciting!

• 2 weeks later...

1) Your defence line players and midfielders MENTALITY cannot be too far, make them the most 4 clicks apart.

2) Drop your MCa mentality a bit so that he is just about one or two clicks from your MCd's. Place MCa closing down to the middle while MCa with the first notch of Whole Pitch.

3) Make your DEFENSIVE LINE as high as your DCs' MENTALITY (Not even less or more one notch).

3) Opponent MCs always produce long range shots and result in goals. So in oppostition instruction, I always tight marks for always against them rather than close them down (even my assistant ask me to close them.) I found that it works although I just set my two MCs with zonal marking.

These are some of my suggestion and I hope they will help. Tell me your feedback.

4) Morale of your players got to be high.

5) Make good use of corners kick, especially with your players with high heading attributes. Everyone knows this but set pieces become a very important way to help your players score and lift their confidence.

Have a try and good luck!

Archived