• CONCACAF Champions League Registration Issue

ericjames
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm playing a game as CPL team FC Edmonton, running into issues registering players for the CONCACAF Champions League. This year's competition is about to begin, and I'm currently at the squad registration prompt.

1. I have a number of players on my team which are not currently registered, and the "checkmark" box to include them in the registered squad is greyed out. The players don't have an "ineligible" info bubble, and the issue effects players who have: been on my team the previous season, new permanent signings, and new loan signings. The inability to register these types of players is not consistent, as there are other examples of such players on my team who are registered.

2. I qualified for the champions league last season as well, and it seems I am not able to unregister any players who were registered for last year's instance of the champions league. The "x" box to deselect them is not greyed out, but clicking on it doesn't change their status.

I've attached a copy of the save and an image of the registration screen.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Jurigag said:

Any info about this? This seems like a major bug to me.

I moved on in the save - I was unlikely to be competitive based on our first seasons results, so I just registered the squad as best I could with the outlined restrictions. I finished up the season and moved to MLS but I'm only starting my second season there and haven't gotten to the Champions League registration prompt for the second time yet.

I made a copy of the save where I am now, I'll add a coach to another CPL team and see if they're affected by the same problem.

So this seems to have to do with the CONCACAF champions league (which runs from one season to the next for Canadian and US league start dates). I reached the champions league registration prompt for the second time with LAFC.

It's July 2027. Any player on my squad who has a contract which expires at the end of the 2028 season can be registered or unregistered normally. Any player who has a contract which ends this year, 2027, has the issue I described in my initial report where the registration check mark is greyed out.

Since it's happened with multiple teams in multiple leagues I'd venture to say that it's the CL that's bugged.

Hello i am having the same problem in 2030 with Pachuca mexico for the north american champions league registration as it doesnt allow me to register any new signings. Is it possible to be fixed in anyway or should i give up on the save?

• SI Staff

Hello, @cpntoulas  we're still investigating this issue. Unfortunately I can't give a clear timeframe on when a fix will be available.

For the time being it would be better to play a different save. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Does anyone know of any way to get round this using the in game editor? I cant find a way. Literally my best players are unavailable for the one competition im trying to win. Very frustrating 

If it helps, it only tends to happen with signings, ive not noticed it with current players suddenly becoming unavailable. However its not all signings, some are fine

On 09/01/2023 at 23:36, HaroldHammond said:

If it helps, it only tends to happen with signings, ive not noticed it with current players suddenly becoming unavailable. However its not all signings, some are fine

I posited the theory here that this big was the same as the African CL bug, and suggested a workaround, but taking over a new team in Mexico (about 9 years into the game) has seemingly disproved it. 

So, I've deleted my theory.

Edited by vikeologist

On 17/11/2022 at 14:35, Abdullah Patel said:

Thanks for raising this with us, we are investigating this further.

Still not fixed two months later. Fantastic stuff, SI!

• SI Staff

Hello, apologies for the lack of updates, we understand your frustration. 

This issue should be fixed for the January transfer window winter update.

Unfortunately the timing in which this issue was logged meant we had to push the fix back longer than what was ideal.

We really appreciate your patience, thank you.

9 minutes ago, TN18 said:

This hasn’t been fixed in the update? Still having the same problem. 

With a new save?

Being honest, although SI haven't revealed the full reason for the bug, this was always very likely to need a new save, even if they have fixed it.

They haven't mentioned it in the release notes, but if it is the same as the African one which they have mentioned, it might have been addressed. I'll be super interested if anyone does do a test start.

Edited by vikeologist

It's still not working for me after the update. It seems to be players I've signed from other Mexican teams, as if they are cup tied forever if they've played in the competition for another team, that's my theory. Academy players or players signed from abroad are unaffected. I'm 15 years in and 3/5 of the pentagon done so I'm very reluctant to start a new save. No goalkeepers available this season ffs.

NAreg.thumb.PNG.89edbfb102db4498b3e269737c5f92b8.PNG