• 'Minimum of 1 players trained by *club* for 1 years before 19th birthday' EFL matchday squad rule

BenW.
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Getting this issue in the Championship - is this rule still a thing? I'm a PNE fan and I'm not sure we've had a player meet that threshold in a Championship matchday squad for most matches this season?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ye BUMP this is very annoying and the rule defo doesnt exist in real life. Ive tried to play stockport county and they dont have any players "trained by the club" in their matchday squad at the moment

Happening in my save - only appeared after the Transfer Window was closed.

Also saying I have 0 players that fulfil the criteria - however 1 player starting and 2 on the bench that do.

Frustrating as I the only way I can continue with this save is by having 1 less substitute on the bench. 

Have uploaded my Save - file name "Advanced Playmaker - Swansea.fm". Hope that helps!

Edited by Grant Belsey

On 22/10/2022 at 12:41, BantamMenace1 said:

I'm getting the same with Bradford in League 2 and i'm literally trying to select to match day 18 we use everyweek. 

I think Matty Foulds qualifies in real life because he was in our academy before moving to Bury, but the game doesn't notice this which is frustrating, hopefully they sort it. Also Osadebe broke his leg in the first match of this season but when you start with Bradford he already has a broken leg.

• SI Staff
    On 22/10/2022 at 21:16, Grant Belsey said:

Also saying I have 0 players that fulfil the criteria - however 1 player starting and 2 on the bench that do.

Frustrating as I the only way I can continue with this save is by having 1 less substitute on the bench. 

Have uploaded my Save - file name "Advanced Playmaker - Swansea.fm". Hope that helps!

Which players fulfil the criteria, please? It would help us check this is you could name them.

• SI Staff
    21 hours ago, DarkSniperJL said:

I think Matty Foulds qualifies in real life because he was in our academy before moving to Bury, but the game doesn't notice this which is frustrating, hopefully they sort it. Also Osadebe broke his leg in the first match of this season but when you start with Bradford he already has a broken leg.

We include early-season injuries if they are significant.

That is interesting, if it is Foulds.

The CDP rule definitely appears in the EFL Rulebook, but the exemptions are difficult to decipher. Waiting on a check with the licensors about this rule.

11 minutes ago, Dean Gripton said:

Which players fulfil the criteria, please? It would help us check this is you could name them.

Hey Dean - Joe Allen, Brandon Cooper and Liam Cullen have all trained with Swansea before their 19th birthday and come through the Youth Ranks.

Interestingly if I pick someone who is under 19 and fulfils the criteria, then it is ticks and I can continue. Maybe something bugged with the rules conditions?

Thanks

在 2022/10/22 在 PM4点16分, Grant Belsey说:

Hey Grant, I'm having the same issue here on my Swansea save. I got Ben Cabango in my starting XI, Joe Allen, Liam Cullen and Brandon Cooper on bench (that's 4) but still it said that 'I have 0 players fulfilling the criteria'.

This is an annoying issue for me in my Stockport County save.

is this rule even a real thing ?

I'm playing the same match day squad of 11 players that we use in real life and attempting to name 7 subs that we use in real life and I'm getting the error message "The match squad must have at least 1 player trained by the club.................." - See screenshots.

If this rule is a real thing then the last 16 real life games for Stockport County in EFL League 2 in the 22/23 season have not complied with this "rule".

FM23 Bug.JPG

FM23 Bug1.JPG

Im also getting this with my PNE save, im pretty sure this rule was removed a couple of years ago and now oyu only have to name a certain number of players in the 25 man squad and not in the matchday squad, otherwise PNE would fall foul of this rule most weeks this season

On 22/10/2022 at 21:16, Grant Belsey said:

I am having this same issue, says I have zero in squad but I actually have two that say 'Trained at Club 15-21' under the Home Grown option. I am having to leave a space on my subs bench....

I'm having this issue also when playing as Wrexham after being promoted to L2.

Jordan Davies (95035809) fulfils this however I still have to leave space on the bench despite him being in the starting XI. He is homegrown 15-21 at both Brighton and Wrexham.

Well, I see this never got fixed.

In my Stockport save, I can't select the same match day squad that we play week in, week out in real life without getting the ""The match squad must have at least 1 player trained by the club.................." error message

• Administrators
    21 hours ago, Havoc11 said:

Well, I see this never got fixed.

In my Stockport save, I can't select the same match day squad that we play week in, week out in real life without getting the ""The match squad must have at least 1 player trained by the club.................." error message

It's something the team are reviewing for a future update. Unfortunately given time constraints and resourcing between the release of the beta and full release, plus the aspect of having to thoroughly test every change we introduce, there wasn't time to get this addressed. 

Appreciate those who have taken time to raise it here and it's something most certainly on our radar. Thanks. 

I am also getting this bug with Wrexham on the first game after being promoted to L2. It forces an empty bench spot, like others have said.

I will often pick my starting 11 and pick quick bench (Pick without restriction -> pick unpicked positions only) and this is also not working in this situation - you get a warning from AM but no additional picks are selected.

Looking around with the in-game editor, players that allow this to rule to qualify seem to have an additional row in "Trained at club" with a null type.

On 14/11/2022 at 05:34, scy said:

I am also getting this bug with Wrexham on the first game after being promoted to L2. It forces an empty bench spot, like others have said.

I will often pick my starting 11 and pick quick bench (Pick without restriction -> pick unpicked positions only) and this is also not working in this situation - you get a warning from AM but no additional picks are selected.

Looking around with the in-game editor, players that allow this to rule to qualify seem to have an additional row in "Trained at club" with a null type.

Did you fix it with the editor? Jordan Davies should be homegrown at club yet doesn't seem to count for the rule.