• cinch Premiership Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the cinch Premiership.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Yer Maw said:

This isn’t helpful. RNG for on one play through could see anything happen, like hearts getting relegated for example that wouldn’t mean we have underrated hearts it’s just a one off random number generated season.

If Morelos was out scoring Kyogo every single time you do a play through then maybe it would be something worth posting about.

I will be posting at least 5 holiday seasons mate,

Im no daft, lol

cheers

Ryan Strain of St Mirren should have the trait looks to knock ball past opponent when dribbling as he often scoops the ball past his opponent and runs onto it in behind, can provide 7/8 clips of him doing it if needed

I think Kyogo could be doing with having his Tech increased as well as his finshing, He has great tech as you will see in any you tube videos of his goals and he hardly hits 20 goals in any tests, so maybe increase that part of his game as well?

cheers

Kyogo is down as scoring 3/3 pens in the latest test, he doesnt take them for Celtic, which actually makes his goal return all the more impressive.

10 minutes ago, bigbeezer said:

I think Kyogo could be doing with having his Tech increased as well as his finshing, He has great tech as you will see in any you tube videos of his goals and he hardly hits 20 goals in any tests, so maybe increase that part of his game as well?

cheers

Do you believe Kyogo is far to good for Celtic?  Do you believe he is by far the best Japanese Striker in the World?

On 12/03/2023 at 18:43, Yer Maw said:

This isn’t helpful. RNG for on one play through could see anything happen, like hearts getting relegated for example that wouldn’t mean we have underrated hearts it’s just a one off random number generated season.

If Morelos was out scoring Kyogo every single time you do a play through then maybe it would be something worth posting about.

I test 1 season 5 differert times to avoid knee jerk reactions.

Moreloss outscored Kyogo in over half, as you can see below.

That do ye?

goals1.jpg

goals2.jpg

goals3.jpg

Just now, bigbeezer said:

I test 1 season 5 differert times to avoid knee jerk reactions.

Moreloss outscored Kyogo in over half, as you can see below.

That do ye?

goals1.jpg

goals2.jpg

goals3.jpg

No mention of too many Celtic players in top 5 though...  why, is that?  

Just now, ATW said:

Do you believe Kyogo is far to good for Celtic?  Do you believe he is by far the best Japanese Striker in the World?

He could very easily play at a much higher level, not a problem. He is the best i have seen yes, Japan may well have done even better in the WC with his prowess.

3 minutes ago, ATW said:

No mention of too many Celtic players in top 5 though...  why, is that?  

My mistake,

i thought you were talking about avg ratings,

Yes the list is a bit off, but i am talking about Celtic, where are the fans of other clubs?  There must be 3 or 4 Celtic players in the top 10 irl? off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, bigbeezer said:

Becuase i am talking about goalscorers....

When i get round to avg ratings this will be looked at, although you could argue there should be more? and some of the Celtic ones there shouldnt be there - Abada for example.

Out of interest,

who do you think should be in the top 5 instead of players from the reigning champions, on the verge of a treble and lost 1 game in 18 months or so?

So... lets see, if there was some sort of list kept every season...

3 minutes ago, bigbeezer said:

My mistake,

i thought you were talking about avg ratings,

Yes the list is a bit off, but i am talking about Celtic, where are the fans of other clubs?  There must be 3 or 4 Celtic players in the top 10 irl? off the top of my head.

There is... 

3 Rangers, 2 Aberdeen and Celtic, 1 Hearts, 1 Motherwell and 1 Hibernian...

Just now, ATW said:

There is... 

3 Rangers, 2 Aberdeen and Celtic, 1 Hearts, 1 Motherwell and 1 Hibernian...

Perfect,

lets get them in th eright order and scoring as many as they do irl.

12 minutes ago, bigbeezer said:

Perfect,

lets get them in th eright order and scoring as many as they do irl.

You do realise it is a game... we can't hardcode in goals and make it exactly replicate real life... the amazing thing about FM is the weird and wonderful things that happen.

19 hours ago, CaylumM said:

You do realise it is a game... we can't hardcode in goals and make it exactly replicate real life... the amazing thing about FM is the weird and wonderful things that happen.

Of course i do,

But do you not want a game as realistic as it can possibly be?

4 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Of course i do,

What he’s meaning is it’s impossible to replicate real life statistics in a game, it is just a simulation game at the end of the day its not going to be 100% realistic in terms of statistics that cant be scripted

I’m not sure how it can be made anymore realistic?

Edited by Logan1888
    Update

17 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Of course i do,

Of course we do, but what you’ve pointed out in terms of our data being wrong because the goal-scorers in the league are the wrong way round, which can’t be made to be the exact same as real life.

Do you think the list of goal-scorers you’ve posted is unrealistic ? Unfortunately we can’t predict the future but the lists you’ve provided, I can’t see anything wrong with the players on there.

On 14/03/2023 at 21:30, Logan1888 said:

What he’s meaning is it’s impossible to replicate real life statistics in a game, it is just a simulation game at the end of the day its not going to be 100% realistic in terms of statistics that cant be scripted

I’m not sure how it can be made anymore realistic?

Yes it may be impossible to get every single player spot on in terms of what they do irl, But we can get players like Kyogo closer to his goal return irl, no doubt about that. Also the players such as Hatate who was mentioned lots yet still does not get selected in Celtics team, that could be sorted as well. Small things like that can be done by tweaking and testing. All i want to do is to help and make the game as close to real life as poss, and if that means me editing things and showing you the results which have got results in FM then thats no problem for me to do at all, i wouldnt mind helping out in any way i can.  Thanks

Hello,

I noticed that Ange has a second formation listed, this formation also requires 2 DM. I cant mind him playing 2 DM in his time in a formation with us in over 18 months now. Its 433 with only 1 DM as the pivot, no matter who we play or where we play. I think he is pretty much single minded in his approach that his formation will not change.

Max Kruse seems to sign for Celtic a lot in any tests i do.

Odsonne Edouard is down as a club legend in the editor, id remove that, same with Moussa Dembele.

Would there be any way of adding Brother Walfrid, Paul McStay and John Glass as club legends?

thanks

3 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Max Kruse seems to sign for Celtic a lot in any tests i do.

Odsonne Edouard is down as a club legend in the editor, id remove that, same with Moussa Dembele.

Would there be any way of adding Brother Walfrid, Paul McStay and John Glass as club legends?

thanks

As the game is licensed, Celtic set who are the Club Legends, Club Icons and Favoured Staff. They have taken out the likes of Brother Walfrid in the past,

Dembele is not set as a legend in the game, I believe he's set as either an icon or fav staff.

1 hour ago, Stuart Milne said:

As the game is licensed, Celtic set who are the Club Legends, Club Icons and Favoured Staff. They have taken out the likes of Brother Walfrid in the past,

Dembele is not set as a legend in the game, I believe he's set as either an icon or fav staff.

Really? wow, some strange choices from Celtic there.

From these editor screens the it looks like the only icon is O;Neil? What do the decreasing numbers that are beside the club legends mean? as they go down in number do they turn into an icon at a certain number?

CLUB LEGENDS.jpg

Icons.jpg

PLayer Traits,

Arfield - Gets into oposition area, he is always getting ahead of the striker, making the 3rd man run.

Goldson - Switch ball to other flank?  He loves the long crossfield pass.