• EFL League Two Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the EFL League Two.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Newport County's expectations have a top half finish in L2 in year 1 then subsequent years in the five year plan are top half finish in L1 (it doesn't make sense as there is no expectation to get promoted).

• SI Staff
    32 minutes ago, Mr Figo said:

Newport County's expectations have a top half finish in L2 in year 1 then subsequent years in the five year plan are top half finish in L1 (it doesn't make sense as there is no expectation to get promoted).

Thanks for identifying and reporting that. It's an error in the timed ambitions set for the chairperson. I'll amend it to 'expects promotion to L1' by 2025. I think that's fair.

Hi Dean,

Just a few changes to request for Hartlepool United.

Mouhamed Niang, Mika Ndjoli and Euan Murray all listed as left footed however all are right footed.

Hartlepool away kit in game has red shorts and socks, the away kit in real life has black shorts and black socks with white numbers on rear of jersey - not black. Pools launch 2022/23 Errea away kit - News - Hartlepool United

Not sure why but players who typically wear a thermal underlayer on the home kit is showing as black rather than white which is the same colour as the home sleeve.

Adrian Bevington no longer part of the Board and has since departed.

Couple of issues/queries for Walsall FC

1. Not sure if there is capacity for this in the game but Ben Boycott and Leigh Pomlett are actually co-chairmen. Current arrangement of Boycott as owner and Pomlett as chair is fine if this is not possible though.

2. In the game Jack Earing's preffered foot is Right Only, but in reality he is the most two footed player in the squad. I have seen him take corners with both feet so his left foot should at least be good. 

3. We have a supporter liason officer called Graham Whittaker (@Littleoldwfc) on twitter so he could be added to the game as the supporter spokesperson. 

• SI Staff
    7 hours ago, JordanRichardson said:

Hi Dean,

Just a few changes to request for Hartlepool United.

Mouhamed Niang, Mika Ndjoli and Euan Murray all listed as left footed however all are right footed.

Hartlepool away kit in game has red shorts and socks, the away kit in real life has black shorts and black socks with white numbers on rear of jersey - not black. Pools launch 2022/23 Errea away kit - News - Hartlepool United

Not sure why but players who typically wear a thermal underlayer on the home kit is showing as black rather than white which is the same colour as the home sleeve.

Adrian Bevington no longer part of the Board and has since departed.

The EFL Handbook, and the imaged assets the club sent to the EFL; both have red shorts and socks. So that is why we have those set.

They have worn red socks in matches this season. I'll set the black as an alternate at this stage, with data lock for the Release database being very soon, we won't get time to discuss it with the EFL licence people.

Thanks for the other info. Niang is listed as left-footed according to one data provider we have an account with.

We don't set the colours of thermal underlayers in the database. I presume they match the sleeve colour? 

• SI Staff
    3 hours ago, jj.jones01 said:

Couple of issues/queries for Walsall FC

1. Not sure if there is capacity for this in the game but Ben Boycott and Leigh Pomlett are actually co-chairmen. Current arrangement of Boycott as owner and Pomlett as chair is fine if this is not possible though.

2. In the game Jack Earing's preffered foot is Right Only, but in reality he is the most two footed player in the squad. I have seen him take corners with both feet so his left foot should at least be good. 

3. We have a supporter liason officer called Graham Whittaker (@Littleoldwfc) on twitter so he could be added to the game as the supporter spokesperson. 

We don't deal with co-chairmen arrangements.

We do not include real-life people as supporters spokesperson, for legal reasons.

Earing - can ask the researcher about his footedness.

Hi Dean, Swindon Town start the game without any scouts. This struck me as unusual.

There's no mention of them on the STFC website, but I've checked a few other teams and they also don't mention scouts (a lot of teams use the same website template).

If it's deliberate no worries, but thought I'd raise in case they're missing by accident

9 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

The EFL Handbook, and the imaged assets the club sent to the EFL; both have red shorts and socks. So that is why we have those set.

They have worn red socks in matches this season. I'll set the black as an alternate at this stage, with data lock for the Release database being very soon, we won't get time to discuss it with the EFL licence people.

Thanks for the other info. Niang is listed as left-footed according to one data provider we have an account with.

We don't set the colours of thermal underlayers in the database. I presume they match the sleeve colour? 

Thanks, Dean. That’s interesting!

The black shorts and black socks is how it’s been marketed as well as sold online and is the primary option with the away kit. The red shorts is news to me! Pools wore black shorts and black socks with the away kit in games against Blackburn Rovers, Northampton Town and Colchester United whereas the Mansfield Town game was black shorts and red socks. Can the away kit shorts be set to black at the very least?

Niang is definitely right footed too, do you need a source for this or can the change be actioned? 

D4B3B889-CD59-40D8-BD78-D4E9AC4898C8.jpeg

Bradford CIty:

KIT Issue - Home Kit has the wrong sponsor logo (should be same as away and third kit). Away kit there should be a white horizontal background behind the sponsor (see below images). Both Away Kit and Third Kit sponor is too low and should be at a height similar to the home kit.

Harry Lewis (Understand the Southampton researcher may not have seen much of him as he's not played for a whil IRL)-
    Command of Area 9 > 11
    Throwing 7 > 10

Jamie Walker-
    Starting Injury to be added - Knee Injury Out for 4 to 5 Months (Expected to be fit to return within the next couple of weeks IRL)

Matty Foulds-
    Crossing 9 > 11

Emanuel Osadebe-
    Injury* Could be back a little earlier than 8 to 10 months (Maybe 5 to 7) Judging by updates in the press from Hughes
    I believe he played at Ring Wing Back for Walsall so could be changed to competent

Bobby Pointon-
    Currently On Loan at Farsley Celtic IRL (Can't find info on the loan length but its possible it is until the beginning of January)

Dylan Youmbi-
    Currently on Loan at Brighouse Town IRL (Can't find info on the loan length but its possible it is until the beginning of January)

bradford2.png

20221025202838_1.jpg

Edited by xSEARLEYx

• SI Staff

The Bradford kits image is a mistake, looks like the white space wasnt included. I've passed that to our kits team. That's the only mistake they have made, that I am aware of, and they have produced thousands of kits. The height of the logo on those other kits is so marginal.

Walker - he does have a two-month injury set in the database already. I shall have to ask why that isn't showing up.

Osadebe at RWB? That must have been some massive injury crisis!

Those two loans are short-term so were not included. The other issues are negligible.

8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

The Bradford kits image is a mistake, looks like the white space wasnt included. I've passed that to our kits team. That's the only mistake they have made, that I am aware of, and they have produced thousands of kits. The height of the logo on those other kits is so marginal.

Walker - he does have a two-month injury set in the database already. I shall have to ask why that isn't showing up.

Osadebe at RWB? That must have been some massive injury crisis!

Those two loans are short-term so were not included. The other issues are negligible.

Yeah the kits team do amazing work so I don't want to sound too nit-picky (re: the sponsors) they just look a little off when compared to the home kit (height wise and a different logo used etc.

Walker - The save im viewing was from 18th July so the Injury isn't present from what I can see. He's just started full training again IRL so an end of October return from the injury would be more realistic than 2 months etc

Osadebe - Apparantly so, might have to double check with some Walsall fans/researcher though

Loans - Feel like these loans could be added, at least the Pointon loan as he's been involved with the Farseley squad on a regular either starting or bench for example

• SI Staff

We do not include short-term loans in the starting database. If he was on a standard loan (window to window) then of course it would have been included.

I am sure you can loan Pointon out in your savegame should you wish to do so.

On 26/10/2022 at 06:44, xSEARLEYx said:

Osadebe - Apparantly so, might have to double check with some Walsall fans/researcher though

He did indeed. Played around 500 minutes there last season and 200 at RB. 

I seem to recall him playing there a bit for Gillingham earlier on in his career too.

Salford city

can we get the whole of the class of 92 members at salford city, i know beckham and phil neville have roles else where but there must be a way round it to have 2 roles with different clubs?

Sutton United Data Issues: 

1) Kwame Thomas is left footed, not right footed.

2) Filip Chalupniczak is 6ft, not 6ft 4. 

3) Staff issues: 

Sean Miles the Fitness Coach is missing (he's technically Strength and Conditioning but Fitness Coach is closest). 

John Davies the Head of Performance Analysis is missing.

Clive Baxter the club Kitman, is currently on there as Performance Analyst. Although there's no Kitman position on the game, he certainly deserves a place in the Favoured Personnel sections at the very least. 

League registration rules 

Hi. the transfer window closed on sept 1 and i signed a free agent on 2nd who was not attached to any club, 

the restricted rules are there for the free agents but i cannot register him as the league rules state cannot be registered 

but free agents can be registered  upto  28th march.

On 31/10/2022 at 19:29, CJWrootFM said:

Salford city

can we get the whole of the class of 92 members at salford city, i know beckham and phil neville have roles else where but there must be a way round it to have 2 roles with different clubs?

There is no way to have a person attached to two different clubs other than creating a 2nd profile, Beckham & Phil Neville don't warrant this currently

andy_gtfc

Posted (edited)

On 05/11/2022 at 01:01, Kalloom72 said:

Giles Coke no longer plays for Grimsby Town. He is now a coach for Grimsby Town https://gtfc.co.uk/coke-returns-to-blundell-park/image.png.e2c72de1bc4bcd62811531ed73dbca40.pngimage.thumb.png.beafc18444ca2d437172e5a07d9a2919.png

Hi,

I don't believe this to be an issue. He plays during reserve games/friendlies. (Played at North Ferriby during a Grimsby XI) and is eligible to play in reserve matches. His primary job is as coach which he is down as and his CA has been lowered really low so he doesn't feature for the first team.

Additionally, I have it on my notes that Hurst confirmed this in an interview with Radio Humberside that he would play in XI/Reserve games.

Edited by andy_gtfc

Kyle Ferguson (61077905) should have Lewis Ferguson (61078132) added as favoured personnel under relation (cousin).

Kyle Ferguson should also have Derek Ferguson (2015199) added as favoured personnel under relation (uncle).

Colchester

Corin Haines (2000181205) started at Colchester as a coach. He has now taken up a role as Head of Community

This is a role not in FM, so should probably be set as NFE

https://www.cu-fc.com/fitc/about-us/our-staff/corin-haines/

Daniel Newman (2000113320) left the club in August to take up a role at Bristol University

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-newman-07929193/

Edited by tv_capper