• Game suddenly started running extremely slowly for processing

lordjord
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hiya,

Started a game with the FM23 beta as Bolton. Don't have a great laptop and like to have a few playable leagues so I always expect a somewhat slow processing speed. Despite this, my game was fine and was running slowly but fast enough for me. Last few days my game has suddenly become very slow, like between 7-15 mins for processing to the next day. I have no idea why but its virtually unplayable now. Ive removed some leagues with the hope of speeding it up but obviously this wont take effect until end of season, and that could take so long to get to. Im enjoying this save and dont want to lose it. Any idea whats happened. It seems like a very recent change

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm having the same problem. On a fairly new and powerful MacBook, the game was running nicely with a good amount of leagues, but suddenly in December 2022 it has slowed dramatically, almost to the point of being unplayable. 

• Administrators

Try removing your cache and preferences, then verifying your game files as shown below:

Cache and Preferences - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

Verify - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997753543185

Once you've done that, try again. 

If you find you're still having issues after doing that, please upload your save game just prior to an exact date you encounter the slowdown and let us know the file name and in-game date this happens. Details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Try removing your cache and preferences, then verifying your game files as shown below:

Cache and Preferences - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

Verify - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997753543185

Once you've done that, try again. 

If you find you're still having issues after doing that, please upload your save game just prior to an exact date you encounter the slowdown and let us know the file name and in-game date this happens. Details on how to provide a save game here - 

Thanks. 

Hiya,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the suggested fixed hasn't worked at all I'm still having all of those issues. I have uploaded my files to the cloud, however, these don't date back far enough to before the game slowed down due to the rolling autosave. The earliest one is dated to 7th October 2023 but I noticed it happening a few months before that at least. Its difficult to pin point exactly when it started happening because I had sort of chalked it off to my computer being slow, until I realised how slow it was consistently. But it was definitely at some point between September 2023 and October 2023. Sorry I cant be more specific,

The file names are:

Jordan Thomas - Bolton (v02).fm

Jordan Thomas - Bolton (v03).fm

Jordan Thomas - Bolton.fm

Thanks for the help!

• Administrators

Really appreciate the information on this one. We've done some investigating on our side and believe with certain setups it's to do with having lots of recruitment focuses setup, and not really enough scouts to process them all. 

Having more save games to investigate this further (and see if it's also the cause for others in this issue) would be appreciated, so @Jorgenism and @Extrixnl if you have any saves that show specific slowdown, please do upload and let us know the file name. Details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

I've now uploaded a second save game of the same name (Taming of the Shrews.fm) where the performance slowdown started even earlier (at around 8th January 2024 compared to late January on the other save). I started this older save from 26th December 2023 and the issues started from around 7th January 2024, very bizarre. I appointed more scouts on this save to combat what was previously mentioned by yourself @Neil Brock but the slowdown still occurred - very dumbfounding and I'm really gutted because I love this save.

On 18/11/2022 at 15:12, Neil Brock said:

Really appreciate the information on this one. We've done some investigating on our side and believe with certain setups it's to do with having lots of recruitment focuses setup, and not really enough scouts to process them all. 

Having more save games to investigate this further (and see if it's also the cause for others in this issue) would be appreciated, so @Jorgenism and @Extrixnl if you have any saves that show specific slowdown, please do upload and let us know the file name. Details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Hiya,

Thanks for helping on this one. For my issue, this worked completely. I removed a bunch of recruitment focuses and the game is running very smoothly and fast now.

Thanks for the help!

JT

3 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

I've now uploaded a second save game of the same name (Taming of the Shrews.fm) where the performance slowdown started even earlier (at around 8th January 2024 compared to late January on the other save). I started this older save from 26th December 2023 and the issues started from around 7th January 2024, very bizarre. I appointed more scouts on this save to combat what was previously mentioned by yourself @Neil Brock but the slowdown still occurred - very dumbfounding and I'm really gutted because I love this save.

Apologies on the constant posting but I have now uploaded a file where the slowdown doesn't happen. The file name is:

Taming of the Shrews MF.fm

It appears to be something to do with the January period in some way, I am perhaps thinking it is maybe players I've signed/trying to sign who don't have work permits on both of the other saves? I'm not entirely sure how that would cause the issues but it's plausible.

Hi - also experiencing same issues. Game was running fine, then suddenly slowed down to be unplayable. Have cleared cache/preferences, disabled anti-virus, still no luck. Have uploaded save file to the Cloud, name Howes - AFC Wimbledon.

Edit: Should also say I have minimal recruitment focuses and a couple of scouts.

Edited by arhowes1867

On 18/11/2022 at 15:12, Neil Brock said:

This seemed to be the reason my game was running so slowly.

I got to the point where my scouts started to suggest lots of recruitment focuses. I took them all up and my game slowed to a crawl, cancelled them all and it worked again.

To me, it's the second save this happens. Strangely, it happened in the third season on both saves.

I timed it. It took me 8:20 minutes to advance one week in the game with nothing realy happening.

Then I read your ansewrs. Removed the recruitment focuses and since I save after every game played, I exit the save and did the same week again.

It took me 3:02 minutos, doing exactly the same things I had done before.

• SI Staff
    On 23/11/2022 at 20:00, arhowes1867 said:

Hi - also experiencing same issues. Game was running fine, then suddenly slowed down to be unplayable. Have cleared cache/preferences, disabled anti-virus, still no luck. Have uploaded save file to the Cloud, name Howes - AFC Wimbledon.

Edit: Should also say I have minimal recruitment focuses and a couple of scouts.

If you go on holiday for a day and time it, how long does this take to complete? Is this only happening on certain days? Our QA team checked your save and didn't get it to happen for them so we're looking for a bit more information ideally to narrow this one down.

Thanks for providing your save @borreicho

I'm experiencing the same issue and have uploaded my save called Aston Villa.  It's made the game completely unplayable now as I cannot move on to the next day

On 26/11/2022 at 20:48, Michael Sant said:

If you go on holiday for a day and time it, how long does this take to complete? Is this only happening on certain days? Our QA team checked your save and didn't get it to happen for them so we're looking for a bit more information ideally to narrow this one down.

Thanks for providing your save @borreicho

1 holiday day takes 20-30 seconds... so not too bad. Hardware spec if it helps:

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx     2.20 GHz
    Installed RAM    8.00 GB (6.96 GB usable)

System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition    Windows 10 Home
    Version    22H2
    Installed on    ‎08/‎10/‎2020
    OS build    19045.2251
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, arhowes1867 said:

1 holiday day takes 20-30 seconds... so not too bad. Hardware spec if it helps:

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx     2.20 GHz
    Installed RAM    8.00 GB (6.96 GB usable)

System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition    Windows 10 Home
    Version    22H2
    Installed on    ‎08/‎10/‎2020
    OS build    19045.2251
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Thanks for coming back on this one. Our QA will check things over a bit further.

Hi, with apologies you can close off my issue now. A bit of playing around discovered that my graphics card had been disabled (I used dxdiag to check). I had error code 22. Re-enabling the graphics card in Device Manager and running a small number of pending Windows updates appears to have solved the issue. 

Hopefully this may help others

21 saat önce, Michael Sant said:

Good to hear your issue has since been resolved arhowes.

Hello Micheal but we are far away from being resolved on this issue. I have group of 3 playing and arrived in the 5th season and recently game started to get incredibly slow BETWEEN DAYS. Now I am uploading the save file. When we cont. inside of one spsific day game works normal but when it comes to do cont. for passing to the next day its processing so long that we started to get so bothered. It literally became unplayable. First 4 season we played nicely but since the last update the more we played the slower it got  It is like our game is collecting some sort of data gathering them more and more and more and more and something gets so much that it cant load the screen easily. We literally tried everything: update graphic card drivers uninstall reinstall the game restarting modems and routers, DELETED THE CASH nothing helped. In the end we came at forums and now we see other players started to have this issue aswell.
    I uploaded the game on sigames owncloud. its name is "hayriiiiii - Galatasaray 3 (v02) (v02) (v02).fm"
    Please test it between days not between hours. We took this save file and tried in different computers even in the best of the best computer it was unplayable. Even without no one connecting its just wont go to next day easily. 

Edited by ouulcan