• Not creating any chances when going ultra attacking after going behind

TJR1989
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Multiple times not I have gone ultra attacking after going behind in a game and no highlights are shown on key or extended? My team do not seem to create opportunities even though we are playing all out attack and direct, the opposition don't score anymore either. It is almost like it is scripted so that no matter what you change or do the AI is going to win and you are not going to create any chances, when i am throwing everything at it, I would expect to either create chances, score or concede not none of them as this is not realistic. I have just finished a season and not once have I got a highlight from going all out attack after going behind. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, could you please send us a PKM file from a match where you have gone Very Attacking, thank you. 

Sure, how can I do this? 

20 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

PKM Files can be found here - C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\matches

I don't have any in this folder, do I need to go into the game and download the match in question or should it auto be there? 

• Administrators

It should automatically be there and feature a list of matches that you've played in, could you take a screenshot of what you see/don't see?

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

It should automatically be there and feature a list of matches that you've played in, could you take a screenshot of what you see/don't see?

Nothing is there, no induvial games just this......?

image.png.ec3321334535eaaa40582a5f8c76f517.png

image.png.40627886b9a909bae6a27637db6bfbba.png

• Administrators

It's extremely simplistic to think you can just set things to 'Ultra Attacking' and expect to create chances. Especially if you're suddenly going direct. 

Looking at the pkm this isn't a bug and would suggest instead visiting our tactics forum to get more information on how to set up an effective tactic when trying to chase the game - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

Thanks. 

Part of the issue is that you are calling it "very attacking" instead of "more direct and more risk taking". 

People read that and assume they are giving up defensive safety for a better chance to score. If you aren't doing that, then the name is misleading. 

On 04/11/2022 at 21:33, Michael Sant said:

I would argue that the write-up accompanying "Very Attacking" does include that information:

36a78c88b275e4cbfdd51c56bbd60527.png

Exactly, this is my point. The game is telling me that is what should happen, but 9/10 that does not happen, so something is broke???

12 hours ago, TJR1989 said:

Exactly, this is my point. The game is telling me that is what should happen, but 9/10 that does not happen, so something is broke???

The game is just telling you that on that mentality with the current team instructions and roles and duties the players will be thrown forward to look for goals.

When you are playing on very high tempo like that and on that mentality they are likely just to try a low % pass or shot, this could easily lead to turnovers because your shot quality is low. 

Playing on very high mentality does not guarantee better chances. Studying your tactic to see what you can do better will. This includes things like creating overloads, moving a team around patiently creating space. Or dropping your lines of engagement to draw them out and hitting early crosses and pass into space.

I never go very attacking to score goals, I have even dropped down to balanced, gone wide and slowed my tempo to move the opposition around making them tired before switching to high tempo to take advantage of a tired team that has been chasing me around trying to win the ball.

On 05/11/2022 at 05:33, Michael Sant said:

I would argue that the write-up accompanying "Very Attacking" does include that information:

36a78c88b275e4cbfdd51c56bbd60527.png

See when I read that, it sounds more like "sending more players forward so I should get more attacking highlights at the cost of more defensive shakiness. Especially with the "throwing players forward" bit. Regardless of whether it works, i'd expect more highlights of either the opposing team taking advantage of my aggression and countering, or at least seeing my team being threatening in the opposing third. No highlights is the last thing I would expect after reading that. 

2 hours ago, Aflyingkitten said:

See when I read that, it sounds more like "sending more players forward so I should get more attacking highlights at the cost of more defensive shakiness. Especially with the "throwing players forward" bit. Regardless of whether it works, i'd expect more highlights of either the opposing team taking advantage of my aggression and countering, or at least seeing my team being threatening in the opposing third. No highlights is the last thing I would expect after reading that. 

Exactly mate, I expect the same reading that, most frustrating thing, SI create these descriptions and they don't correlate in game, annoying 

7 hours ago, Aflyingkitten said:

Exactly this. Well explained 👏