• Inverted Wingback doesn't cut in the middle of the pitch

desmond91
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Inverted wingback seems not working properly in this edition.
    Besides the fact that without a winger in the same flank IWB is not working (not sure why this choice), as you can see from the PKM (Spinazzola #3) during the build up the IWB never cut in the middle next to the midfielders. This is crucial movement for the IWB to create density in the middle of the pitch.

Please have a look, thanks!

Schermata 2022-10-30 alle 22.13.00.png

Roma - RB Salisburgo.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah, I have no idea why they changed this. Sure, sometimes you want to have your WBs as wide as possible in the buildup, but sometimes, you'd want your wingers to provide the width instead, while IWBs sit in the middle.

Not to mention if you want to have a wide player coming in to form a back 3 in the buildup, you simply can't do it, as the players will position as wide as possible.

Again, this change makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that we can't control whether we want it on or off, especially in the buildup.

it's basically the concept of false fullback (so IWB) to sit in the middle to facilitate the build up. If it can't do this movement the IWB is totally useless :rolleyes:

Il 31/10/2022 in 15:30 , Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Thank you for flagging. This is a known issue that should be fixed for release. :) 

Not fixed yet, right? :/ 

image.thumb.png.89c899bd7bb4addd2744940badf86af6.png

1 hour ago, desmond91 said:

Not fixed yet, right? :/ 

image.thumb.png.89c899bd7bb4addd2744940badf86af6.png

They didn't update the Match Engine at all, it's the same ME from beta.

• SI Staff

My apologies I was mistaken. While the current match engine is the same one that featured in the Early Access Beta, this doesn't mean that we’re not working on improvements.

We're currently in the process of taking on board the feedback we received from Beta players and looking to incorporate this in the forthcoming major winter update.

Il 8/11/2022 in 12:30 , Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

My apologies I was mistaken. While the current match engine is the same one that featured in the Early Access Beta, this doesn't mean that we’re not working on improvements.

We're currently in the process of taking on board the feedback we received from Beta players and looking to incorporate this in the forthcoming major winter update.

Back on this topic again:

I noticed that with the last update, the IWB is not moving in the middle of the pitch even during the development phase.
    Are you aware of this?
    Someone else is experiencing the same?
    image.thumb.png.63921b294a87fb3b8b308fc812974d82.png

On 07/03/2023 at 11:54, desmond91 said:

Back on this topic again:

I noticed that with the last update, the IWB is not moving in the middle of the pitch even during the development phase.
    Are you aware of this?
    Someone else is experiencing the same?
    image.thumb.png.63921b294a87fb3b8b308fc812974d82.png

This is what I experienced in the last patch, and why I removed IWBs from my tactics.

Hi Guys! No change to this? I played a few hours lately and when playing out of defence the IWB does not invert unfortunately. Maybe it's just with formations that use DMs? Anyway, never had this issue with FM22.

14 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

Hi Guys! No change to this? I played a few hours lately and when playing out of defence the IWB does not invert unfortunately. Maybe it's just with formations that use DMs? Anyway, never had this issue with FM22.

They tend to cut in quite well if you don't have a DM that gets in their way. I have experimented with a potent tactic that has a MC instead of a DMC and the fullbacks invert quite well.

The problem is still there that would be cool if we could get back the kind of movements we had in fm22 for the imw especially in attack