• Pre Game editor from ms store will not work

charlie10953
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

After downloading the app from the store it will open and then immediately crash.

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I'm guessing you have installed FM on a drive other than C:\? For now can either move FM to C:\ else we while endevour to resolve the issue in a future update.

On 18/11/2021 at 22:21, EdL said:

I'm guessing you have installed FM on a drive other than C:\? For now can either move FM to C:\ else we while endevour to resolve the issue in a future update.

I tried this but it didnt make it work either, now I have both the game and the editor installed on c drive and the editor still crashes/ Hope this is seriously being looked at. Would love to have it installed on my J drive to begin with where I install all my games.

• SI Staff

It should work with both on C:\

Try deleting C:\Users\<your usernam>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022 it might be when it crashed on starting when FM was on J:\ it corrupted something

22 hours ago, EdL said:

It should work with both on C:\

Try deleting C:\Users\<your usernam>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2022 it might be when it crashed on starting when FM was on J:\ it corrupted something

Already tried that but it doesnt fix it, I asked others and didnt fix it for them either. But like I said hope it gets looked at to begin with cause it makes no sense at all forcing people to use the C drive or it wont work

• SI Staff
    6 hours ago, CyberOps said:

Already tried that but it doesnt fix it, I asked others and didnt fix it for them either. But like I said hope it gets looked at to begin with cause it makes no sense at all forcing people to use the C drive or it wont work

Yeah that is being looked at, just trying to get you running the in the meantime, I really don't understand why it doesn't work for you on C: as I have it installed here and its fine

17 hours ago, EdL said:

Yeah that is being looked at, just trying to get you running the in the meantime, I really don't understand why it doesn't work for you on C: as I have it installed here and its fine

maybe its just the Windows Store version of the editor that has this issue ? 

• Administrators

We've been testing with all versions and aren't seeing this internally. To confirm when you moved the game to the C: drive, did you reinstall and delete your cache/preferences as shown here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409224840081

May have been the game was still pointing to the previous location which is why it wasn't compatible with the game when you moved it.

If that still doesn't work, please contact our support team directly here for further support - https://fm22.info/SupportTicket

Thanks. 

• SI Staff
    8 hours ago, CyberOps said:

maybe its just the Windows Store version of the editor that has this issue ? 

I am talking about the Windows store version (yes it is a specific issue with FM needing to be on C:))

I tried deleting everything that had to do with the game yet it was still crashing the editor right after opening so have given up for now until you guys have fixed it so it can run on other drives then C, ended up reinstalling the game on my J drive where all games go and will wait for a fix before trying the editor again. I'm not the only one btw seen lots of people on reddit having the same issue no matter if they moved it to c drive after or not, gues aftr you once installed it on a drive other then C your out of luck until you redo your entire PC which was the only way to make it work for someone well I aint redoing my entire game pc just for the editor so will be waiting for this to get fixed.

On 23/11/2021 at 18:32, EdL said:

I am talking about the Windows store version (yes it is a specific issue with FM needing to be on C:))

am having now same issue !! changed save folder to C:\FM22 !! now Pre-game editor not working !! and even other like Genie scout !! tried to restore it to default in Xbox app , is not changing save folder from C:\FM22  !! switched to D and back  !! tried all above !! editor refuse to work !! it was working before I make that change 

Same issue, windows store version. On the latest Xbox app update, it automatically moved all my games to a different location on the C drive. I literally don't have another drive to confuse the editor. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling and deleting cashes for FM and the editor without any luck.

Error message in warnings-and-errors.txt:

D 12532 Application: Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly.

It then says "Ordinal0(0)" 8 times, "configurethreadlocale(0)", "BaseThreadInitThunk(0)", "RtlUserThreadStart(0)"

Same issue for me too with Gamepass version. It used to work fine until I moved my installation folder to a new one (In C: too) in order to edit some files. I also tried reinstalling from scratch, deleting the cache/preferences folders as per above, but nothing worked so far. When I try to launch the editor it provides a black screen for 1 sec and then everything stops. Thanks for looking into this.

Edited by mauroth

13 hours ago, mauroth said:

Same issue for me too with Gamepass version. It used to work fine until I moved my installation folder to a new one (In C: too) in order to edit some files. I also tried reinstalling from scratch, deleting the cache/preferences folders as per above, but nothing worked so far. When I try to launch the editor it provides a black screen for 1 sec and then everything stops. Thanks for looking into this.

yepp exact issue with me too !!! 
    crazy how simple editor can be screwed once u want to save elsewhere in C:/ and no option to revert that back or be warned !?! 
    Am not sure why even SI don't give us editor as a free standalone version where u can tell editor where is bloody data of game is installed ... shouldn't be a nuclear physics tbh  or have such drama going through that ..
    I just wanted to release my DB as a patch for a league I spent 2 months to build to make it available for other users !!!  Si seem to forget that Editor is what make game fun for the community by allowing us all to provide new DB content that enhance the whole experience !!! I care less now , the game is running with Data I did but can't share it as wanted to add another detail.
    Is just annoying how smooth is the Steam editor 

am not sure why even is not available for free from steam ?!!  Pre-game editor is a great tool for community not individuals. 
    is simple option to add a line in editor giving us option to tell where it the path of this game is now ?!! but instead the game like a blind **** and search by itself for a specific folder and telling me "opps  darling  .. am not gonna run for u sweetheart .. go f urself"
    am 50 yo .. who is using PC since  80s  using complicated different  software and know even programming (ex: C++, Vbasic) since 30 years .. but never ever come a cross such an app that simply refuse even to open once u change game path !!! I think Ms has its share of blames .. but so is SI, there is a specific file saved somewhere or can be added to tell this bloody editor where to search the game now. 

19 hours ago, easymacbb said:

Error message in warnings-and-errors.txt:

D 12532 Application: Error: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly.

It then says "Ordinal0(0)" 8 times, "configurethreadlocale(0)", "BaseThreadInitThunk(0)", "RtlUserThreadStart(0)"

u lucky it tells u something ... mine is just like other fella here, it work for 1 second and then disappear 
    is been the case since weeks now .. 

9 ore fa, shwanko ha scritto:

u lucky it tells u something ... mine is just like other fella here, it work for 1 second and then disappear 
    is been the case since weeks now .. 

Did you open a ticket? I did yesterday. Still no answer, but the more the better.

5 hours ago, mauroth said:

Did you open a ticket? I did yesterday. Still no answer, but the more the better.

ticket with SI or XBOX?
    am disappointed that SI if editor check a location of installation, why not give us this path , so I install game into that path 
    is really not a nuclear physics 
    am not sure why even bloody editor is a separate entity !! ? why not bloody install game and editor at same time ... like old time ?!! all this nonsense is created bcz we have 2 entity now who don't work with each other bcz they are installed separately and badly communicating to each other 

20 minuti fa, shwanko ha scritto:

ticket with SI or XBOX?
    am disappointed that SI if editor check a location of installation, why not give us this path , so I install game into that path 
    is really not a nuclear physics 
    am not sure why even bloody editor is a separate entity !! ? why not bloody install game and editor at same time ... like old time ?!! all this nonsense is created bcz we have 2 entity now who don't work with each other bcz they are installed separately and badly communicating to each other 

SI support, it's the software house in the end.

33 minutes ago, mauroth said:

SI support, it's the software house in the end.

exactly .. Xbox will not be able to help when editor act like headless chicken not knowing where game is stored 

am so annoyed that SI had to take us into all this drama even with steam !! why no install editor and game in same time .. same pack !! No u have to go to steam and download and install separately .. Epic users too had many issues.

Si giving an example how to complicate simple thing by adding both in one pack .. I still wanna know why they split it into 2 entities ?!!
    did requested support from SEGA , let us see

Edited by shwanko

30 minutes ago, Amarante said:

@Neil Brockany assistance here? I'm also having the same issue when trying to use the Microsoft store. 

well no one even replying back since original post so far which is disappointing 

• Administrators

Apologies everyone, but this isn't typically the place for you to get an answer for this sort of issue.

If you log a ticket here, out support team will be able to provide more effective and tailored advice.

It was flagged within our teams this morning so it is definitely something we're looking at internally. The more examples we get raised to us, the better chance of finding a solution. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

Apologies everyone, but this isn't typically the place for you to get an answer for this sort of issue.

If you log a ticket here, out support team will be able to provide more effective and tailored advice.

It was flagged within our teams this morning so it is definitely something we're looking at internally. The more examples we get raised to us, the better chance of finding a solution. 

thanks mate 

Fyi, I completely reinstalled windows 10 back to default settings, deleted all files.

Installed FM 22 to the default in the Xbox PC app (c:\XboxGames).

Opened the game all the way and closed it.

Downloaded FM 22 editor from the MS store. Auto installs on the C: drive. No other drives in the laptop. 

Tried to open the editor. Get a brief flash of black and then nothing opens. Process pops up for a split second before closing.

Exact same thing as before, except with a completely fresh Windows install.

It has something to do with the game not installing into wherever the editor wants it, so the editor can't find it. 

I tried changing my default install location in the Xbox app to the ModifiableWindowsApp folder in Program Files, but it won't let me. My guess is that's where the editor expects it to be.

I've also tried copying the FM 22 folder into that folder, but you can't copy .exe files into that folder. You can move them, but then you get .dll errors I assume are related to DRM.

I guess SI can't be bothered to just make it an option to select the location of your FM install.

But, according to SI, posting about a bug in the pregame editor in the pregame editor bug tracker is the wrong place to post about a bug, so no wonder they can't be bothered to make obvious changes.

On 04/03/2022 at 18:16, easymacbb said:

Fyi, I completely reinstalled windows 10 back to default settings, deleted all files.

Installed FM 22 to the default in the Xbox PC app (c:\XboxGames).

Opened the game all the way and closed it.

Downloaded FM 22 editor from the MS store. Auto installs on the C: drive. No other drives in the laptop. 

Tried to open the editor. Get a brief flash of black and then nothing opens. Process pops up for a split second before closing.

Exact same thing as before, except with a completely fresh Windows install.

It has something to do with the game not installing into wherever the editor wants it, so the editor can't find it. 

I tried changing my default install location in the Xbox app to the ModifiableWindowsApp folder in Program Files, but it won't let me. My guess is that's where the editor expects it to be.

I've also tried copying the FM 22 folder into that folder, but you can't copy .exe files into that folder. You can move them, but then you get .dll errors I assume are related to DRM.

I guess SI can't be bothered to just make it an option to select the location of your FM install.

But, according to SI, posting about a bug in the pregame editor in the pregame editor bug tracker is the wrong place to post about a bug, so no wonder they can't be bothered to make obvious changes.

that is so annoying and again all down to SI deciding to split each in different install !! Crazy !! 

I can understand if they were selling it .. but is not !!! all this drama for no reason..

people try to simplify any game , yet SI just complicate it .. than is even in Epic .. even in Steam first installer get lost !! and know seem to grasp why game and editor are not in same install just like old days !!